Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A-H*] Looking for Spiritual/Religious "Lessons"

+12
Ara
Rmuffn
Lexgrad
Drustai
Vaell
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Kristeas Sunbinder
Krogon Devilstep
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Finnabhair
Feral / Blackfall
16 posters

Go down

[A-H*] Looking for Spiritual/Religious "Lessons" Empty [A-H*] Looking for Spiritual/Religious "Lessons"

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:17 am

My main RP char, Feral, is currently on a knowledge-hungry quest to learn "from the horse's mouth" about every major religion/spiritual belief system that he can, simply for the sake of knowledge. If there are any lore-knowledgeable players (with knowledgeable chars) who enjoy teaching and would like the RP, feel free to message me. Essentially I'm just looking for a single RP encounter where the basics of your character's belief system are explained (morals, values, beliefs, afterlife, whatever!), although if you want more than one "session" shout!

The char already knows about the human beliefs regarding the Holy Light (server and canon lore, both standard and Anethionean). He'll happily take any information on:

Alliance

* The beliefs of the Draenei, regarding both light and shamanism
* Dwarven shamanistic tradition
* Druidic belief system (either/both elven and worgen, although he's been dying to get the basics of the elven system for awhile with no luck)

Horde

* Sunwalkers
* Tauren Shamanism
* Tauren Druidism
* Troll belief systems (any and all)
* Cult of Forgotten Shadow

And anything else I'm missing!

Note that Feral only speaks Common, so sadly unless there's an IC translator about, he could probably only speak with Horde who also do (would use Battletag conversations for these).

Feel free to PM me or to post here.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Feral on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

[A-H*] Looking for Spiritual/Religious "Lessons" Empty Re: [A-H*] Looking for Spiritual/Religious "Lessons"

Post by Finnabhair Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:22 am

Ehn...would be very neat to do on my troll, but...ICly, most trolls are kinda protective of their religious beliefs and culture, in my experience. >_o
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

[A-H*] Looking for Spiritual/Religious "Lessons" Empty Re: [A-H*] Looking for Spiritual/Religious "Lessons"

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 am

My Troll is usually quite open and enthusiastic, but since you're from the opposite faction he'd probably just try to kill you. Or well, if you ever find him while he's high (Which is most of the time) he might not.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:23 am

Tsk, no Orc spiritualism mentioned. for shame.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:25 am

Krogon Devilstep wrote:Tsk, no Orc spiritualism mentioned. for shame.

I'm amused by the lack of goblin and belf in the request.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:32 am

Old man Pao is always willing to teach the young 'uns about the Celestials and Shaohao.

You'll have to come to him though, rather than the other way around, since he doesn't really like leaving Pandaria all that much.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:13 am

Cenalia/Gor'Thrak wrote:but since you're from the opposite faction he'd probably just try to kill you.
I would expect nothing less!

My Paladin is always eager to share the ideals and beliefs of the Naaruvada.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Tord (Oragg/Ezlbag/Tjib/Kazbo) and I both have elderly Orcs who will attempt to teach anybody about anything. So you could seek those out!

As for Alliance side, Vaell can teach you the belief of Arcane as a religion (Arcane the father, Light the mother).
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:26 pm

...Arcane is a religion now?

I need to get Deli in on that
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:51 pm

While Dru is a bitter atm, you can always come talk with her if you want to hear about the Draenei religion, particularly Auchenai spirituality. She won't make any offers, though... you'd need to reach out and give her a call yourself.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Forget these false prophets. The Lexadin is the lights chosen one. There is nothing Holy but the light and its Prophet Lexgradion.

Deus Lex
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:10 pm

If you ever want wider knowledge you can always look for Faralan

He's an arathorian spiritualist. Smile
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:Tsk, no Orc spiritualism mentioned. for shame.

I already have someone for that--one of the first he sought out, although new teachers are always welcome too <3

Paozi wrote:Old man Pao is always willing to teach the young 'uns about the Celestials and Shaohao.

You'll have to come to him though, rather than the other way around, since he doesn't really like leaving Pandaria all that much.

Sadly, I have no MoP Sad

As for the rest... how hard is it to seek a stoned troll... *considers* Thanks for the offers, may contact some of you! Very Happy
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Bob will happily school you in "the old ways"Hell if he goes shadowy again he'll school you in both
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:46 am

Found a fantastic Draenei Vindicator (well, ex-Vindicator, now a death knight, of all things) who kindly taught Feral a great deal about both Draenei history and Light beliefs! Absolutely terrific arpee!

That's one scratched off the list ^^
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:16 am

You have FORGOTTEN Elune and the kaldoreis Sad
Nature's grasp priestesses could teatch you, I am sure.
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 am

You've forgotten the only real faith: Anethionism.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashou Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Feeniks wrote:You have FORGOTTEN Elune and the kaldoreis Sad
Nature's grasp priestesses could teatch you, I am sure.

I believe our worgen friend decided to only include the ones he has not yet been educated in.
As I seem to remember him having a lengthy conversation // interrogation about Elven faith with one of our own Elves.

Whoever that is I have just to say thank you as this saved Kash from most likely forever ruining Ferals views on the Kaldorei faith.
Kashou
Kashou

Character sheet
Name: Kashou
Title: Hired Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrua Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:52 am

Perhaps I could offer something about Draenei Shamanism. My Zuree would be a little cold-ish perhaps, but would generally answer any questions put forth - simply out of politeness. Feral already knows Zuree too, via a little friend of ours!
Elrua
Elrua

Character sheet
Name: Zryse
Title: Earthmender / Primal / Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Kashou is (hilariously xD) correct--I've left out a few that I've already "learned."

I would definitely be interested in some Draenei shamanism RP, thank you! And Feral knows our mutual friend so, easy way to get in contact... perhaps expect a poke soon? Very Happy

Melnerag wrote:You've forgotten the only real faith: Anethionism.

Feral learned a bit from Herad before the poor Shadowbreaker went all red-armor; he studied the Book of Revelations that Herad kindly gifted him with, and learned a lot, although he disagreed with a great deal of the more "crazy bits." When Rae Wulfgnar gave him the book "Warriors of the Light," Feral decided that this version of Light was much "better." xD
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:52 pm

How.....about learning about the most hip faith out there, Demon Worship, from Sophyra. Expensive wine is on the house! Good students get...special private lessons. Bad students...get introduced to the whip. Both good and bad students win! You can't go wrong.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down