Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A-RP] House of Goodwyn

+13
Lexgrad
Greenbeard
Geneviève
Rmuffn
Kittrina
Zinkle Figgins
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Ralegh
Valestrion
Feydor
Ledgic
Humphry
Gogol
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A-RP] House of Goodwyn Empty [A-RP] House of Goodwyn

Post by Gogol Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:42 pm

[A-RP] House of Goodwyn Hedinghamcastle

Spoiler:

House of Goodwyn started with lieutenant Torradan Goodwyn shortly after the second war, as an accomplished marksman and trustworthy soldier within the regiments of a great Duke he rose to prominence during his promotion, it was his injury to his leg that put him out of service. However, coinciding with his injury was the death of a heir-less Baron under this great Duke, so the Duke in all his wisdom decided to give the Barony to the then young Torradan, who had proven himself both loyal and capable to manage the estate. Baron Goodwyn was his new title, he was not a politician and merely handled his estate and paid his taxes, but with the destruction of Theramore, the famines in Westfall and the increased taxation to fund the Royal Army, the estate has come under difficult strain to make ends meet month after month and as such there have been several changes, mostly resulting in which Torradan has taken up to attending the House of Nobles and simply catching up on the times, soon he intends to get involved.

House of Goodwyn
Affiliation: Kingdom of Stormwind
Vassalage: Viscount of Eastvale, Earl of Western Elwynn Forest, Duke of Elwynn Forest.
Politics: The Goodwyn Barony will not support nor accept any decisions made by the Stormwind Council, the grain shipments go directly to the starving people around the Kingdom and the preaching of Anethion has been legitimized as well. The household guard permit no soldiers sent by the Council in and only recognize the Grand Magistrate as any law within the land.
Specialty: The House of Goodwyn currently mostly manages agricultural lands, however the House of Goodwyn also offers soldiers to protect it's border and keep it clear of enemies of the Kingdom.
Power : Petty, a small Barony and a few dozen soldiers comprise this Household, making it not a very influential or powerful one within the Kingdom of Stormwind, just another Barony.
Barony population : While not an extremely "large" Barony it hosts home to almost seven hundred citizens, this includes both soldiers and the Goodwyn family.
Heir: Lucieus Torradan Goodwyn

The Council

Chancellor [Filled]
The chancellor is the advisor of the Head of house, his wisdom is shared on domestic and external policy, most particularly the Chancellor tends to serve as the diplomatic face of the head of house, he holds no official authority bar the respect other members of the House have for him, or if the head of the house gives him a special appointment or office to fulfill.

Marshall [Filled]
The Marshall is the hand-picked military leading figure of the Household guard and the militia; his duties rotate around making sure that the family soldiery are maintained and trained as well as leading them out in the defence of both the reigning Lord’s lands and against the enemies of the Kingdom should it be required.

Steward [Filled]
The steward assists the Lord and the Chancellor in administrating the land; he is what you could consider an apprentice of the Chancellor and an aspiring scholar. Administration covers laws, tax collecting, culture and of course foreign policy.

Spymaster [Filled]
The spymaster of the house is a discreet master of knowledge and information who answers to the Head of the house in privacy, his identity remains unknown but some say that Torradan has employed a Kal’Dorei to serve as his hidden blade.

Court Chaplain [Vacant]
The Court Chaplain of the House is the religious advisor at times of court, not only this, but the Court Chaplain is also given the signet of the Bishop, therefore he is also the lands representative to the Church and to the Conclave of Bishops. The Court Chaplain is an instrumental position within the House and would be required to host sermons to the Light, preach the Light and naturally lead all prosecutions against any non-Light believers.

News:In light of recent events and the Baron's walk out on the Stormwind Council, the decision to hastily change the colors of the surcoat have gone through in order to confuse the enemy. All household members of the Goodwyn house are required to do this immedietely. The estate has been in a huge flux as other Baron's come and go, some maintaining they will be neutral, others promising that access will not be given to any guards sent by the Stormwind Council, a political and turbulous game is upon them and most primarily a war of attrition. The Goodwyn barony compromises of several other important agricultural baronies and having abruptly cut off their shipments of grain to Stormwind it's bound to eventually have an effect, either pushing the Council to act or to open diplomatic negotiations, the future is yet to come, but it is grim.

All applications to the House are IC.

Only human for Family Members & Knights, all other races accepted for Militia & Servants.

What are we recruiting?
Family Members: 5/5
Knights: 1/6
Militia : 0/x
Servants of any other type : 2/x

We'll be actively attending the Stormwind Council and doing our best to ignite the House of Nobles into action again, if you are interested in joining to participate in the political affairs of the Kingdom of Stormwind, then we are the guild that can actively offer you that chance. If you are looking for military themed role-play, then chances are, we can also offer you that.

If you have any questions at all feel free to drop a line here or whisper an of us in-game, Léonard or Torradan.

Last edited by Gogol on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

[A-RP] House of Goodwyn Empty Re: [A-RP] House of Goodwyn

Post by Humphry Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Errm... Humphry is currently Lording over Eastvale after purchasing the lands from the late Lord Tarvik's widow Eira...
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Humphry you can be Lord of Eastvale, Lord of Tempest's Reach, Viscount of Tempest's Reach, Minister of Trade, Mercenary all you want.
This does not interfer with your rp.

As you already been told once in the official forum, I will gladly repeat here, since you so obviously need to be told twice.

"That should not be a problem as the land we use is to OOCly represent our own personal estate and not Eastvale itself, Eastvale is to big for a small Barony to claim control of and is to much of an important position within the Kingdom. "
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Have to agree with Gogol here. Aslong as there is no conflict here, I can hardly see an issue.

Glad to see you're looking to try and fire the house of nobles back up as well. Best of luck.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:29 pm

There's no need to be rude, and you may reel off the titles I've gained ICly since I began RP all you wish, but it was this part;

Gogol wrote:Vassalage: Viscount of Eastvale

That made me feel it needed repeating. And as I said on the realm forums I was sure we could easily make arrangements to use the same plot of in game land without any trouble. I was simply trying to clarify, so how about you calm down and cease the hostilities.
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:Have to agree with Gogol here. Aslong as there is no conflict here, I can hardly see an issue.

Glad to see you're looking to try and fire the house of nobles back up as well. Best of luck.
Thank you Led', much appreciated!

Now rally up rally up. Become household jest or butler today.
The stronger we get, the more frustrated Braiden gets!
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Nice initiative bro, hope to encounter your lot whether it be in Stormwind or Eastvale.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:24 pm

It would probably be useful for you to say where you consider your estate to be, so as to ensure there is no conflict with existing arrangements. The places I know of that are already taken are Eastvale, Westbrook and the Tower of Asora.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:24 am

Valestrion wrote:It would probably be useful for you to say where you consider your estate to be, so as to ensure there is no conflict with existing arrangements. The places I know of that are already taken are Eastvale, Westbrook and the Tower of Asora.

We do not claim in-game properties.

Gogol wrote:"The land we use(Eastvale) is to OOCly represent our own personal estate and not Eastvale itself, Eastvale is to big for a small Barony to claim control of and is to much of an important position within the Kingdom."

And as Eastvale is hardly used at all, I dont see any problem. Would it arrise though, it will be handled privatley with the conserned parties and not in a register thread.
But thank you for shown consern.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:27 am

Why is there a need to?
Discuss it if it ends up directly interfering with some rp.
Stop discussing shit nobody really needs to care about just for the purpose of discussing shit nobody should care about.
Just chill the fuck out, play the game, have fun.
All these fucking discussions about ownership, how the hell are you not sick of them allready?
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:29 am

Tjib/Oragg wrote:Why is there a need to?
Discuss it if it ends up directly interfering with some rp.
Stop discussing shit nobody really needs to care about just for the purpose of discussing shit nobody should care about.
Just chill the fuck out, play the game, have fun.
All these fucking discussions about ownership, how the hell are you not sick of them allready?

Very much sums my self up.

As for the Household? We are in dire need of Knights, the personal security of these posh people are bellow any civilized standard
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:32 am

Good luck Gogol!

John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Original post updated.

Original post wrote:
Politics: The Goodwyn Barony will not support nor accept any decisions made by the Stormwind Council, the grain shipments go directly to the starving people around the Kingdom and the preaching of Anethion has been legitimized as well. The household guard permit no soldiers sent by the Council in and only recognize the Grand Magistrate as any law within the land.

Last edited by Gogol on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Reins of Castamere mod: on!

(I could use one of my alts to serve you, I'll be your Bronn)
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Gogol wrote:Original post updated.

Original post wrote:
Politics: The Goodwyn Barony will support nor accept any decisions made by the Stormwind Council, the grain shipments go directly to the starving people around the Kingdom and the preaching of Anethion has been legitimized as well. The household guard permit no soldiers sent by the Council in and only recognize the Grand Magistrate as any law within the land.

I think you missed out a 'not' there...
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:50 am

Kittrina wrote:I think you missed out a 'not' there...
Well spotted.

As for the house, last evening three new application came in. But still no jest.
Something I would like to point out the dire need of, some of the Goodwyns go bored! A jest is neede today, preferably a gnome.

Last edited by Gogol on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:36 am

Gogol wrote:Original post updated.

Original post wrote:

I like reading this more than I probably should. While it's hard for most people to do, considering there's a king leading and shizz. It's still very nice to see it happen in a barony. Likey like!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Humphry wrote:Errm... Humphry is currently Lording over Eastvale after purchasing the lands from the late Lord Tarvik's widow Eira...

I cringed..I did the exact same thing when I first heard about it at the time but let it lie after speaking to Eira because I hoped it wouldn't cause any issues.

The fact that even Eira didn't really understand what the situation was probably says something towards Tarvik and my insular nature when it came to this sort of thing so I accept most of the responsability for the confusion. Although it is worth noting that what follows was included in Tarvik's will as read after his death.

Tarvik didn't own Eastvale.

We used Eastvale in game to represent an unnamed (by Blizzard), generic part of Elwynn. A stand in that we could RP on/in, ideally without stepping on anyone's toes by claiming land and 'implying' a denial of others right to use it.

Further, even if Tarvik had been Lord of Eastvale he'd have had no rights to sell the land holding it solely at the King’s pleasure, we care far more about the Feudalism aspect of Warcraft, even if Stormwind is arguably more Byzantine in nature.

On a similar note, even if he had been Lord of Eastvale and he had the rights to sell it, Eira would not have inherited those rights, the title passing to Tarvik’s only son, Lucius and the boy's sister, Lucrezia after that, returning to the Crown in the event of extinction. Eira, being a Vanimedle would be unable to press any claim to the holdings of her husband or children.

So the whole thing's a mess, made murkier by the residual dust of the Dieudonne's. I'd be happier if we were retconned out of Humphry's acquisition but as I no longer play my stake is minimal. Wink

Ultimately I think Gogol's right, it's only a problem if one side wants to make it one.

Good luck, Gogol, the guild looks great. I remember Reinhard and he was excellent.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:21 am

Well to be honest, I'm glad something has made the person who played the teenager master of three classes cringe. The fact I've managed to make you do it twice makes me feel oh so special. cheers

Now, after Ephitos went to tell you about the original purchase, you can running back to the game to call out that Tarvik wasn't Lord of Eastvale. Yet when I spoke to him both ICly and OOCly and called his lands Eastvale, there was no correction. He also himself referred to them ICly and OOCly as Eastvale. His IC wife was under impression that he was the Lord of Eastvale the majority of the Seal were under the impression it was ICly Eastvale. Now considering his own guild, the person who played his wife, and most of the community believed he was the IC Lord of Eastvale, not to mention how he himself would refer to his lands as Eastvale both ICly and OOCly, surely you can understand the confusion when you come along and say otherwise.

Now I did ask around quite a bit before approaching Eira about this, I spoke to multiple people around and the general consensus from pretty much everyone was that when Eira and Tarvik married, she became a Dieudonne and was indeed the rightful guardian of Tarvik's son Lucius, and until he came of age ruled the house as she saw fit. As such she had the ability to do as she liked with the land. So after checking, double checking and then reconfirming this notion by various people who do indeed still play, I spoke with Eira about it.

I would also like to point out that I have never "'implied' a denial of others right to use it". and to be frank resent your implication there that I have. If you would bother to check the original reply I made to the recruitment thread on the realm forums you would see that was something I wanted to avoid and was actually advocating the sharing of the land, as many people currently do with the main manor house. (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5348736486) So yes, there would only be a problem if one side wanted there to be one, and as you can see by simply reading what has been said neither side seem to be in favor of any conflict over a plot of in game land.

It truly is a shame you wish to have people retcon months of their role play, it truly is, but as you say, that desire does seem fairly minimal considering you no longer play. Smile
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:31 am

Geneviève wrote:
Ultimately I think Gogol's right, it's only a problem if one side wants to make it one.

Good luck, Gogol, the guild looks great. I remember Reinhard and he was excellent.

Well here is a blast from the past! Thank you Genevieve, I'v always found great entertainment in being right.
And would you ever consider returning, allow me taking this moment to extand a welcoming hand. I belive you would fit like the hand in the glove in the Goodwyn Barony.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:00 am

Gogol wrote:
Geneviève wrote:

Well here is a blast from the past! Thank you Genevieve, I'v always found great entertainment in being right.
And would you ever consider returning, allow me taking this moment to extand a welcoming hand. I belive you would fit like the hand in the glove in the Goodwyn Barony.

You're completely misinterpreting the problem to suit your means.
It isn't about in game areas or land. Humps has said repeatedly that isn't a problem.

It's about you creating a new character with a title that someone's been using, and rping with for over a year or so, and demanding they retcon that so you can have it to make your noble more super-special instead.
Which is bollocks, and what the problem is.

Gen's post is irrelevant as the person who had any actual say over it (Tarvik) stated multiple times ic and ooc that the current interpretation is correct.

The real question is why is it so important to you to have your character be lord of Eastvale specifically that you're asking someone who's rped as that for months and months to abandon and remake his character to fit your new guild idea?
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:22 am

Kittrina wrote:
Gogol wrote:
Geneviève wrote:

You're completely misinterpreting the problem to suit your means.
It isn't about in game areas or land. Humps has said repeatedly that isn't a problem.

It's about you creating a new character with a title that someone's been using, and rping with for over a year or so, and demanding they retcon that so you can have it to make your noble more super-special instead.
Which is bollocks, and what the problem is.

Gen's post is irrelevant as the person who had any actual say over it (Tarvik) stated multiple times ic and ooc that the current interpretation is correct.

The real question is why is it so important to you to have your character be lord of Eastvale specifically that you're asking someone who's rped as that for months and months to abandon and remake his character to fit your new guild idea?

Kittrina as mentioned before, there is only a problem if either the Goodwyns or Humphry want there to be one. So I dont really understand what this problem you are reffering to is.
Have I personally or through anybody else for that matter ever asked somebody to retcon anything? No.

And as for your question, well you sum it up perfectly
Kittrina wrote:The real question is why is it so important to you to have your character be lord of Eastvale specifically that you're asking someone who's rped as that for months and months to abandon and remake his character to fit your new guild idea?

Gogol/Original post wrote:Power : Petty, a small Barony and a few dozen soldiers comprise this Household, making it not a very influential or powerful one within the Kingdom of Stormwind, just another Barony.
Torradan wrote:That should not be a problem as the land we use is to OOCly represent our own personal estate and not Eastvale itself, Eastvale is to big for a small Barony to claim control of and is to much of an important position within the Kingdom. We may have our own IC lumbercamp but it is called something else - Therefore there should be little to no problem. As well as that we might even phase over to other realms with other folks if the necessity arises"
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5348736486

I'm not asking for anything to be quite frank.
Would Humprhy have any questions about his titles or any other topics he'd wish to discuss further with me, a PM is very easily sent.
This discussion I feel is becoming irrelevant, as it's tirering having to repeat one self over and over.

Last edited by Gogol on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:52 am

Original post updated.

Original post wrote:News:In light of recent events and the Baron's walk out on the Stormwind Council, the decision to hastily change the colors of the surcoat have gone through in order to confuse the enemy. All household members of the Goodwyn house are required to do this immedietely. The estate has been in a huge flux as other Baron's come and go, some maintaining they will be neutral, others promising that access will not be given to any guards sent by the Stormwind Council, a political and turbulous game is upon them and most primarily a war of attrition. The Goodwyn barony compromises of several other important agricultural baronies and having abruptly cut off their shipments of grain to Stormwind it's bound to eventually have an effect, either pushing the Council to act or to open diplomatic negotiations, the future is yet to come, but it is grim.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Greenbeard Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 pm

Finally another criminal guild-...oh wait.

Best of luck Gogol! Wink
Greenbeard
Greenbeard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:13 pm

I look forward to some good clean RP conflict between all parties Gogol.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next