Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] House Mistmantle

+27
Melnerag
Skarain
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Gogol
Jemerick
Vaell
Magaskawee/Anaei
Hermie
Ara
Yarnaat
Velspeth
Gesh
Tyriez
Lorainne/Bridlington
Timna
Thelos
Lexgrad
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Zinkle Figgins
Jeanpierre
Valerias
Unknown
Ephitos
Seranita
Elloa
Ephitos / Amarachus
Braiden
31 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[A] House Mistmantle Empty [A] House Mistmantle

Post by Braiden Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Loyalty, Dignity, Determination.
These are the values representing House Mistmantle. Are YOU man or woman enough to uphold them? House Mistmantle wants you!

[A] House Mistmantle Mistmantle
Coat of arms - made by Jeanpierre

IC:
On billboards throughout the city of Stormwind and villages throughout the kingdom;

[A] House Mistmantle Braide14
Recruitment poster - made by Kittrina

OOC:

What is this?
House Mistmantle is a concept based around a Baron and his household. If I were to use three words to describe the foundation of the concept it would be secrets, deceit and power. Our aim is to grow in influence and strengthen the base of power the house holds in Stormwind trough any means necessary.

A short history...
House Mistmantle is a Stormwind noble house with roots in Gilneas. The current head of the house is Baron Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle, son of Baron Antol Arthur Royce Mistmantle. Baron Antol was given noble privilidges in Stormwind during the first war against the orcish horde, before that he was lower Gilnean nobility.

The house crest is a purpur twin headed snake on a field of black. The snake as an animal symbolizes cunning, wisdom and power. it has two heads as a symbol of the houses obligation and duty to the Kingdom of Stormwind and the origins of the line in Gilneas. The house motto is "Patience conquers".

Who can join?
In terms of joining anything goes with the exception of gnomes, worgen and death knights. Our aim is to have a majority of humans followed by dwarves. Night elves and draenei might be welcome to join but we want characters that do so to have given a fair amount of thought to what would motivate the character to take such a strange turn. It is also of importance to point out that warlocks applying will have to refrain from being open with their talents.

In addition to this we want characters that are what we call morally grey, willing to cross most of the moral borders in order to achieve the goals of the house. There is also the option of being gullible and unaware of what is going on under the surface since the house will do quite a bit of acts of compassion and honor since that is expected of noble households.

Were do I sign up?
As of current you can send in game requests via letter to me (Braiden) or to Verheim (guards mainly). If you have any questions you are very welcome to contact me as well.

House Mistmantle and the others...
House Mistmantle encourages interaction with other guilds and individuals outside the guild. Because of this most of the house members will willingly engage in casual random RP or join in on events whenever possible to lend a hand. Just contact us via in game mail/defias RP forums/whispers.

Current needs
While we always welcome any kind of role, the roles below is the ones we currently need the most.

Guardsmen - Our current number of guardsmen is low, we enjoy having guards with slightly sadistic tendencys and grey morals. Guards can be both common physical fighters and magi. The more we get the more patrol/tax collecting/combat practise can be arranged.

A house doctor - A person with medical knowledge, doesn't have to be a priest or anyone with actual magical healing capability.

The know-it-all - Someone who knows what's happening mainly within the Kingdom of Stormwind but also outside of it. An ideal player for this role would be able to take a lot of initiatives on his/her own in terms of finding/creating info.

Servants - A few more maids/butlers/entertainers/artists and so on would be welcomed. The more we get the more potential for hierarchy/social RP among the servants we'll have.

With reservation for spelling and grammar errors.

Last edited by Braiden on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:23 pm; edited 42 times in total
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

[A] House Mistmantle Empty Re: [A] House Mistmantle

Post by Braiden Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Here is some examples of character concepts/dutys that may be a good idea to go for if you are interested, of course there is always room for other ideas or concepts.

Positions of greater responsibility

Associate - Various positions of trust. The people who fill this rank will be trusted advisers and skilled at what they do may it be science, politics, trading, gathering information or something else.

Knight - A few Knights, these Knights will command newer recruits that's a part of the guard force.

Positions of servitude

Guard - The guard-force is the non Knighted fighters of the house. Commanded by the Knights.

Servant - As the name suggests it's a wide range of servants all from maids and courtesans to gardeners, apprentices and butlers.

Inspirational concepts

The sadist
A (dark iron) dwarf that thrives in making others miserable in a discrete and intellegent way. The sadist is an alchemist by profession (or any other "scholary" line of work). These talents along with a somewhat cold yet correct behaviour seen in public makes this character both a way for the Baron to have an eye on Ironforge and gives him a way to get rid of "unwanted" individuals

The courtesan
An exotic woman either night elf, draenei or human yet not "local". She is seductive and has a way of knowing the tastes of her Baron. In addition to various dances and such she would also serve wine and entertain possible guests.

The huntsman
The huntsman knows his way around the wild. He breeds dogs and horses on behalf of the house to use for hunts or sell profit. He also serves as a senior officer, overseeing the guardsmen. The huntsman is a kind man that enjoys the thrill of the hunt just as much as a good drink in company of ladies or friends.

The scoundrel
The scoundrel moves in the shadows of the city, having contacts in the shady underground and keeping track of it while not officially being part of the house. The scoundrel is keen to oblige the will of the Baron and frequently compliments the Baron on his wonderful intellect, stunning wit and unmatched generosity (the latter being the favourite part).

The lesser noble
A person of lesser nobility that ties itself to the house in hopes of gaining influence and power. The Baron has agreed to this and given the lesser noble a measure of influence in his house in exchange for loyalty.

The Crone
The Baron, being part of a family of Gilnean origin employs a "crone" following the traditions of old, or the harvest if you will. She can often be found by her Barons side, even tough few sees past her cowl. It is said the Baron often comes to this hag for advise, on the other hand word also has it she is some kind of witch. One thing is certain, she seems to be of importance to the Baron.

As an alternative to joining the guild you may also be a man on the outside, gathering information or providing various services for the house.

With reservation for spelling and grammar errors.

Last edited by Braiden on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Could I have my character in a guild whilst at the same time being in the Mistmantle family? <Krickles Gang> was what I intended to join Amarachus for but would be happy to join a guild of Mistmantle if required.

Edit:

Jason Sytherius / Jimmy Reeds / Other Aliases used, was a simple man born to a sturdy villager and a loyal housewife. During the noble years of the Kul'Tiras he proudly served under its banner. At age 23 he was sent to Durotar under the command of a Lt to raze Orgrimmar to the ground. The army camp was found, and most people were murdered except funnily enough, him.
An Orc scout called Motagg found him surrounded by his fellow greenskins ready to murder him, they did not. He was taken prisoner and belonged to Motagg. Motagg took him all the way across Azeroth to Booty Bay where he tried to sell him. Jason was planning his escape by this time and had a little flint ready to use the second this scum turned his back, things went much smoother. Wandering the jungle, a troll dropped from the treeline halting both Motagg and his slave . "There be no slavery in dis jungle mon'" the troll proclaimed grinning widely, "and if der be slavery, den we be the ones doing so,give us your human and you can walk away greenskin ". Motagg without hesitation cleaved the troll in half and spat on the dead body.
The fruitful alliance between Trolls and Orcs was quite evident to Jason, and he felt his time to run was quite soon. The night they made camp, the trolls struck. Motagg was slain instantly and Jason left tied up helplessly. They discussed in troll whether to eat him and report back he went missing, or try him out as a gladiator. "Let's get all de fun we can out of dis one..." was what Jason heard. Getting carried on a stinking dirty troll is worse than people say, although quite fun once you get used to it.

OOC-----
I wrote a small story for Amarachus to have some form of background you can relate to you if you even consider his candidacy for perhaps Steward as I would be willing to assist in the creation of a family "organization".
The rest of the story can be asked for ICly, I would be happy to be a butler too or any position once Amarachus get's involved Very Happy!
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Base post updated, enjoy Very Happy
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:27 pm

The guild is currently looking for a tracker/huntsman for future events (since we plan on going hunting together with another noble household in a while and a tracker is always handy), preferably a human or a dwarf (if you have a dog that's a huge plus Razz). If you have an alt you rp with sometimes or any character that fits the description that is looking to get a little bit of extra roleplay and being on the payroll of a noble do not hesitate to send me a letter in game on Braiden, post here or send me a pm. Thank you.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Here is a few inspirational concepts for characters that would fit into this household. Concepts of your own are of course very much welcome. Feel free to be inspired and make your own version of any of these if you wish and join up Smile

The sadist
A (dark iron) dwarf that thrives in making others miserable in a discrete and intellegent way. The sadist is an alchemist by profession (or any other "scholary" line of work). These talents along with a somewhat cold yet correct behaviour seen in public makes this character both a way for the Baron to have an eye on Ironforge and gives him a way to get rid of "unwanted" individuals

The concubine
An exotic woman either night elf, draenei or human yet not "local". She is seductive and has a way of knowing the tastes of her Baron. In addition to various dances and such she would also serve wine and entertain possible guests.

The huntsman
The huntsman knows his way around the wild. He breeds dogs and horses on behalf of the house to use for hunts or sell profit. He also serves as a senior officer, overseeing the guardsmen. The huntsman is a kind man that enjoys the thrill of the hunt just as much as a good drink in company of ladies or friends.

The scoundrel
The scoundrel moves in the shadows of the city, having contacts in the shady underground and keeping track of it while not officially being part of the house. The scoundrel is keen to oblige the will of the Baron and frequently compliments the Baron on his wonderful intellect, stunning wit and unmatched generosity (the latter being the favourite part).

The lesser noble
A person of lesser nobility that ties itself to the house in hopes of gaining influence and power. The Baron has agreed to this and given the lesser noble a measure of influence in his house in exchange for loyalty.

The bride to be
As the Baron gets older the need for a Baroness to bring him an heir has grown larger. The Baron has finally found a bride trough another noble family, perhaps of lesser status perhaps of higher. As the marriage is arranged there may be some interesting role play in store.

Last edited by Braiden on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Bah I'm too buzy! Many of those roles seem really awsome.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:09 pm

yeah i fit one realy well but,.. im already tied with others,
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:05 pm

I'l join gladly, give me a PM here and I'l find you in-game when I get another gamecard xD
Ephitos
Ephitos

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:57 am

Chareshía wrote:yeah i fit one realy well but,.. im already tied with others,

The concubine? Ehrem, just saying.

I don't fit any In my opinion..
Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:59 pm

I hear rumors the baron's engaged! Who's the classy lady??
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Oh the Baron is throwing a party to celebrate it soon enough, I'll be putting the event up quite soon for all of you snobs, big shots and entertainers out there to join in on. I'll be a nice guy and tell you in advance tough since you are curious Vale, it's Lady Clelia Lucretia Vantier of House Vantier.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:16 pm

I'll be looking forward to that event Wink Sounds like a good one!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:56 pm

It sure does, the Baron always loves a good excuse to throw a party and show off his wealth. Date, time and place is currently being discussed but expect it to be out either tonight or tomorrow.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:01 pm

I'll do a bump. Could use a knight or two to help with a project to build a solid law enforcement section as part of bringing Stormwind back to life. As always I'll gladly answer any questions related to the house. Another thing that I want to point out is that we accept out of guild characters that is somehow tied to the house.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:17 pm

Bump for a fine RPer and his ideas. I'd be happy to see more Mistmantle retainers around.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon May 23, 2011 10:14 am

Bump. Still very much an active organization (at least 2 nights a week and the rest is occasional). Sadly it's hard to find decent random RP these days so we could use a few more people.

We are also arranging an event called Darkstars Legacy within a near future Smile
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon May 23, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Random RP.
I think the large population in the Barrens campaign is taking up a lot of the folks at home. I felt there used to be some, or at least enough, people around Eastvale and the Square. Of course, not to such extent one could bump into 5 candidates to play 'courtesane' for example, but enough to find 'something'.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon May 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Yeah I figure that the Barrens campaign does that, however it's still an issue for quite some time for those of us that isn't in that campaign for various reasons.

Anyhow what I meant by random RP wasn't necessarily guild recruitment, I'm quite happy with small numbers in the guild as long as there is others to interact with around. More guild members simply makes RP more accessible.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:18 pm

You can all be looking forward to seeing more of Baron Mistmantle out there these days, this means an increase in activity on the guild-side too. Concepts in the main post are open for use if you wish to join. Arranged marriages, trade, apprenticeship, ties to the house trough previous generations or whatever you can think up is welcome.

Feel free to come with ideas of alliances/disputes/whatever between yourself/your organization and the House, we welcome any cross organization RP (or RP with unguilded/non-rp guilded people). Just contact me (Braiden) OOCly/ICly and House Mistmantle will gladly join any event it can that would be somewhat logical to join.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:17 pm

A new concept incoming, this time it's not necessary to join the guild to be a part of the concept. People whom wish to join the concept may even be tied to other guilds or organizations (tough I would not mind some actually joining up with House Mistmantle). If you think your character would be interested in partaking feel free to give me an OOC whisper or a PM and we can set up a little scene were your character gets offered the position IC.

The Magisterial guard
The recent appointment of Baron Mistmantle as Grand Magistrate has led to a new effort in recruiting a group to be called "The Magisterial Guard". These men and women are to make sure the Magistrates of the kingdom are safe and to lead the effort to hunt down any and all whom tries to escape the grip of the firm hand of the law. Consisting of various people such as trackers, executioners, battle-magi, exorcists and others of "special talent" this secretive group is formed to bring fear into the very souls of anyone whom tries to oppose the law.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Rallying a personal army, uh?
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Yes gnome... I'm going to make anyone who ridicules my hair regret it!
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:27 pm

I could dump an alt in this but I can not promise a high participation level Sad Too busy for at least another month.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:33 pm

JP you dont have to, I know you go everywere with your chars but thanks anyways Smile I rather you had that time focusing on your own projects.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next