Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

<Barneby Brawl Club> (New idea for RP Guild)

+9
Coppersocket
Ralegh
Rae Wulfgnar
Raenmar
Allonia_Miral
Vaell
Skarain
Celistra
Rend2
13 posters

Go down

<Barneby Brawl Club> (New idea for RP Guild) Empty <Barneby Brawl Club> (New idea for RP Guild)

Post by Rend2 Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:52 pm

((Following note is put up on noticeboards in bars across Stormwind, also in Booty Bay.))
IC
The Barneby Brawl Club is now up and running, after slight problems with economy we are now back again. Do you like to crack bones and spill blood? Hear the thundering roar from dozens of wild fans to see that one knockout punch? Engage in fair one-versus-one combat, with only your body as weapon and protection? Or do you simply want to spectate these events? Whatever you may be; Human, Elf, Dwarf or even a Gnome there is place for you to! Speak with Finneus Barneby for more information.

OOC

What is Barneby Brawl Club? It's a new idea for an RP guild. Has the streetfighting/boxing hang of it. The guild was inspired by the Fight Night event by the Recluse last night so those who we're attending. This is pretty much the same deal, but it's constant.

How do i join? Simply speak with Finneus Barneby (He likes to introduce himself formally) which can be found around the Mage Quarter most of the time.

My character doesn't want to fight! What role can i take? Well, as we have a wide array of different ranks your character can be a guard, fighter, vendor (for tickets and bets) or even work with keeping the economy going!

I want to fight, but i don't want to join the guild. What shall i do? A simple answer of, no fighter has to join the guild itself. Since anyone can enlist for fighting it out you don't have to join the guild. Joining the guild is sort of joining the "gang" part of the guild.

How do you fight? The fights are based on simple /roll rules. Highest roller hits the target. As for rolling 90+ a critical strike is dealed to your opponent.

How do i contact you OOCly!? Whisper me in-game; Finneus. Or just leave a reply here on this thread!

Thanks everybody for reading trough and please return with feedback. Is this a good idea for RP? What can we improve?

Ask away as you please! Smile

-Finneus

Rend2

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

<Barneby Brawl Club> (New idea for RP Guild) Empty Re: <Barneby Brawl Club> (New idea for RP Guild)

Post by Celistra Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Where would you do the fights?
Celistra
Celistra

Character sheet
Name: Celistra Silverstrike
Title: Captain of Sin Belore, Councilor of War of Silvermoon

Back to top Go down

<Barneby Brawl Club> (New idea for RP Guild) Empty Re: <Barneby Brawl Club> (New idea for RP Guild)

Post by Rend2 Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Currently working to co-work with The Serpent Academy, so I'd say Slaughtered Lambs basement.

Rend2

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:20 pm

I am not exactly sure if using the Lamb's basement a good idea. It is a crypt, not an ordinary basement, not to mention a bit shady history. I don't prevent or scream loudly that you can't, merely bringing my thought on the table.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend2 Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:33 pm

True. However finding a new place that actually looks decent will be a challenge. Atleast finding something close or in Stormwind. Plus, the thought of a fight-club isn't exactly "lawfull" if that's an appropriate term. But since the fights havn't begun yet and the guild is new it's possible that location might change. Thanks for the feedback though Smile

Rend2

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Two things I'd suggest is firstly, Sadok linked pictures in the Mists of Pandaria thread that showed the Deeprun dodgy club/fight club area so you could always use that! It is perfect for what you have in mind but doesn't come in till patch 5.1 (so maybe a month?)

Secondly, have you thought about making this a non-guild group? I know there would be plenty of people from things like the Cartel and Blades that would love to be in both.

Good luck!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend2 Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:45 pm

I had in mind to create a non-guild group yes for those that wants to be involved in this whole business but don't want to leave their current guilds.

There is also a guild but as i said in the text, it's for people that want to be in the "gang" side of the guild.

The tram is an excellent option and might consider moving it over there! Thanks for the advise Vaell Smile

Rend2

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Sorry, I skim read the guild bit, but yeah. Check out the pics Sadok linked, it looks great.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:31 pm

On my old server they used the barn by the pumpkin field for that.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:49 pm

The basement of the inn in Lakeshire could work.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:58 pm

There is a little place off ratchett where I used to have 'brawls' for horde and alliance, since it was a neutral town.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Raenmar wrote:The basement of the inn in Lakeshire could work.
Raenmar got to it before me, but yeah that place is fucking idael for a brawl.
Shouldn't be any phasing issues either as long as nobody down there has the quests taking you down there (in which case they will be in a different phase)
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend2 Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:19 pm

The Barn by the lake (I assume you mean Wollerton Stead) seems a tad to "revealing" if i should call it that. As a ex-Regiment we carried out training there. ICly there surely some squads running around

As for Lakeshire, isn't it already crowded by NPC's? Or does that disappear once you've done the quests there?

Ratchet could work, all i worry about is the IC distance one would have to travel to get there.

Thanks for the feedback everyone Smile

Rend2

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:41 pm

They dissapear.
If you haven't done the quest, it should be empty.
If you have done the quest, it should be empty.
I might need to check again, but im pretty sure its like that...
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend2 Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:43 pm

I just checked, havn't done the quests but they are still there. I shall complete them and check again and return back though.

EDIT : Unfortunatly they are -not- gone even if quests are done or not. So i guess Lakeshire can be taken of the list.

Rend2

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Prepare to face some competition and proper trouble down there. The Cartel would Not make this oversight, it simply makes no sense.

However, staying in the shadows and you would most likely be left alone as long as you stay out of our turf. (Being the DD and Stormwind side of the tram), any rising gangs within that region will be met with resistance-
This Gnome might be a pacifist, but she won't give up territory to another gang.

While we cannot claim any area as ours OOCly, nor want to scare away RP from DD or the Tram, it's a known fact that the group has had a large activity within that region for a long time- and we're aiming towards moving down there since it's a more logical location for the group to be in.

You know, just something to keep in mind.

(TL;DR: If you start causing trouble in our region, there'll be blood.)
Otherwise than that, do your thing.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Coppersocket wrote:Prepare to face some competition and proper trouble down there. The Cartel would Not make this oversight, it simply makes no sense.

However, staying in the shadows and you would most likely be left alone as long as you stay out of our turf. (Being the DD and Stormwind side of the tram), any rising gangs within that region will be met with resistance-
This Gnome might be a pacifist, but she won't give up territory to another gang.

While we cannot claim any area as ours OOCly, nor want to scare away RP from DD or the Tram, it's a known fact that the group has had a large activity within that region for a long time- and we're aiming towards moving down there since it's a more logical location for the group to be in.

You know, just something to keep in mind.

(TL;DR: If you start causing trouble in our region, there'll be blood.)
Otherwise than that, do your thing.

Why dont you pipe the ooc tune down a notch, and instead of raising your finger in his thread actually do something about it in-game instead.
Welcome new initiative, no excuses.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Copper you drink too much coffee (or green tea, whatever) Very Happy
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:55 pm

I wasn't trying to point my finger at him. I get people telling me I came across too blunt.

I wanted to deliver a message of a little bit of warning of what could happen if they settle there, I didn't intend to make it look hostile.

I spoke of the view within the guild, that doesn't mean we dislike the idea at all of having other people doing things in DD or the tram, they're more than welcome to do their RP there.

It's more a fact, that if they start become a trouble for the Cartel, we're not going to sit on our hands and watch as they claim our territory.
Easier to understand now perhaps?

The more RP'ers around DD the better, frankly.

If they were to rise up against the Cartel, I can see it'd benefit RP for both guilds, the Cartel would have something to focus on again, and the new guild would have something to strive against.

(I've been disallowed to do diplomacy any further by my guild for being as blunt as a Katamari ball in a small porcelain market!)
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend2 Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:39 pm

I guess we will wait and see what happens in the future Smile. Nothing is official as of yet, still working on finding "that one spot". Mostly it's leaning towards using either the tram or go with the initial idea of using the Lamb's basement. IC discussions has been made and the Lamb's basement is free for us to use. Altough from what has been brought up about it, i might re-consider.

Rend2

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Finneus Barneby wrote:I guess we will wait and see what happens in the future Smile. Nothing is official as of yet, still working on finding "that one spot". Mostly it's leaning towards using either the tram or go with the initial idea of using the Lamb's basement. IC discussions has been made and the Lamb's basement is free for us to use. Altough from what has been brought up about it, i might re-consider.

Who have you talked about when it comes to The Lamb basement being free? o.O
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:18 pm

I can understand the confusion. I've seen like six guilds "claim" that place in the past month.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend2 Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:24 pm

I spoke with Rohim. ICly the bar would get 50% of the profits.

Rend2

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down