Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Issue]: Dark Reckoning Guild

+22
erwtenpeller
Ixirar
Eodan
Vaell
Magaskawee/Anaei
Thondalar Stormleaf
Raenmar
Aadaria-Ioanna
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Skarain
Shaelyssa
siegmund
Sohan
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Ledgic
Meemy
Feydor
Zhakiri
Muzjhath
Lexgrad
Ralegh
Rmuffn
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Issue]: Dark Reckoning Guild Empty [Issue]: Dark Reckoning Guild

Post by Rmuffn Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:01 pm

So. Today I was roleplaying my shady character, a shadow mage / blood mage, I was having a conversation with a warlock in the Stormwind Sanctuary for Warlocks - Beneath the Slaughtered Lamb.
We were of course minding our own business and plot, when a Death Knight approaches us from the guild Dark Reckoning, whom demanded to know who we were, we replied it was none of his business. 'Cause warlocks doesn't necessarily share their plots with the world.

That's when he started to OOC emote, saying he had permission to kill our characters for being present there, and that the community as a whole had agreed to that this guild have the right to "ruin my character as they see fit", because of that they self-proclaimedly decided that the Lamb and it's catacombs are theirs alone.
The reasoning was "When you enter here, you ruin our guild. So because of that you give us ooc permission to kill your characters." Because apparently everyone and their mother are spies for the authorities.

I tried to keep the RP going, since I moved his OOCing to whispers. It took a while for him to respond in the RP but it eventually came. Where he demanded to know if we were true warlocks, we both showed we have affinity with shadow and fel magic respectively. However he didn't seem to care, perhaps because OOCly I still argued that I shouldn't need to strike an alliance with him just to be allowed entrance to these VAST catacombs.

He ran off and fetched his guild whom came back, now the ooc discussion was over, and they spent a while threatening us and our lives pressured us for our motives. Among insults and accusations that we were spies, and that they were the guards of the catacombs.
This was all roleplay, I don't mind that. However it's a shame that they couldn't seperate OOC from IC, and were so horny on the concept of killing our characters, because they themselves gave themselves my ooc permission to do so.

When the Regiment showed up, one of their members OOCly emoted "be warned the regiment is here", metagaming the siutation which was poor. He also asked for a summoning portal out of there, oocly, which I denied them (partly because I'm a warlock, not a mage, I summon, not teleport.)

My issue here, is that it feels as if this guild, the Dark Reckoning, doesn't tale roleplay seriously, or respect the unwritten laws, and what's perhaps worse. How they have no care for another person's RP. How they even can get the idea to proclaim the right to kill a character, forcing it upon a person both IC and OOC.

I'd like to adress the issue where the person representing this guild said that the Defias Brotherhood roleplay community -agreed- to that the Dark Reckoning has the right to kill other player's characters, that they can say "I have your permission to kill your character" without me ever uttering those words.

Evidence:

I'd like the guild leader to reply to this. I want to know his official statement as opposed to the guild member that to me, represented the this guild.
'Cause as I see it. There's a problem within the community when something like this happen.

I hope that the Moderators so no issue with my post, as I want this simply to be solved, as quickly as possible, and as clean as possible. Thank you for your time.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[Issue]: Dark Reckoning Guild Empty Re: [Issue]: Dark Reckoning Guild

Post by Ralegh Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Would possibly be better to send this to the one who made their registy post, in order to create less public shaming that will end in lotsa flaming.
Just my two cents.

Edit:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ezlbag on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Shit son you weren't kidding they actually put that there

(OOC INFO:If you enter without ooc permision we have right to kill you without ooc permision...If you enter, you may harm our guild ,maybe even destroy it...So we also have right to attempt to kill your char without your permison)

derp

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Ezlbag wrote:Would possibly be better to send this to the one who made their registy post, in order to create less public shaming that will end in lotsa flaming.
Just my two cents.

I want the public community to know what they've "agreed" to. And hear their opinion about it. I trust the moderators will keep the flaming out, atleast 'till their leader has adressed the issue for me.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Take it up with them privately and then move on?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Just checked through their thread.
And while ... maybe? one person said that they could say they hung about the Slaughtered Lamb, no one has agreed on them having full discloisuour of the catacombs.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Take it up with them privately and then move on?

This is the last time I'll respond to a useless post. I've given my reasons in the quote I did of Ezlbag, please read it instead of posting what we needn't.

I inform the community - and want to hear their leader's opinion.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:27 pm

No you want to make a shit storm and be grand executioner in a trial by post that is intended to make yourself look better at their expense but will end with shit cake for all.

Maybe they were new RPers, maybe they do not follow what their GM wants... maybe a quiet word would nip it in the bud.

Statically I am normally correct.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:29 pm

There's not much else he can do Lex. He's already whispered them and if their convinced the community accepts them then I guess the only way to disprove would be to bring it up with the community. It doesn't have to be a shitstorm unless people make it one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Lexgrad wrote:No you want to make a shit storm and be grand executioner in a trial by post that is intended to make yourself look better at their expense but will end with shit cake for all.

Maybe they were new RPers, maybe they do not follow what their GM wants... maybe a quiet word would nip it in the bud.

Statically I am normally correct.

Lex, it's very nice of you to claim I'm doing things I'm not.
And I appreciate that you didn't read my request to keep flaming out of this thread, since I didn't want any of it.

But would you please be so kind not to start the very thing you seem to think I was starting?

I really would like a thread that can behave for once, and I feel this is an important topic to be properly discussed by all parties.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:33 pm

It will be a shit storm Pert, you know it, I know it, Thelos's rotting waterlogged corpse knows it. Take it to the GM is normally the better move. If they are power emoting monsters it will come out anyway and they will learn or fail naturally like any other.

/shrug.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Quite Pert, I wholly agree with that. This doesn't and hopefully won't be made into any form of shitstorm. As Ulbert presented in the screenshots, my two cents on the situation would simply be that whilst I wholeheartedly support the concept of a Assassin's Order using the Lamb as a hideout, especially as it was rarely used anyway, they need to remember that during this the Lamb is and always will be a Warlock Coven. Even Varian knows it's there, so I didn't appreciate when a few of their members ICly stated that he had seen no Warlocks in the place since their arrival. Took it a tad too far. Work with the Warlocks, not against them in my opinion.

In regards to having permission to kill characters who walk in there, is just ridiculous.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Yeah well no guild has a right to exclusively demand they own a place in game unless it's by lore.

I've had a "we can kill you if you set foot in Deathknell" crap flung at me as a guild decided it was theirs, yet by lore I see nothing saying the living are forbidden. Similarly there was all the crap around speaking Thalassian in the Silvermoon Inn, again it was claimed that the rp community supported that it should be orcish in there.

Claiming the rp community supports the decision your guild has made is invalid as the rp community isn't just the people who read this forum. Lots of people don't.

So yeah, it can get nasty on a forum, take it to a PM with the GL perhaps? Then if they carry on being asshats after you've stated your case, just ignore them - I find it works just fine Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Seems like the GM of the guild agrees with it, basing that he's written it on the registry post itself. And seeing as the entire community is at risk of getting murdered for stepping foot in their secret base of, The Slaughtered Lamb, which they have moved in and claimed their own as of a couple days ago, I think that open discussion on this matter is a good idea. Treat it as a housewarming party, if Dark Reckoning truly has the best interests of the community at heart they will listen to it.

I discarded an unfunny .gif response, I've done my part for the community.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Meemy Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Before i start i wish to declare, that statement and those evidences are purely against me, for i am the one that talked to him, not Dark Reckoning, not anyone else BUT me!

If i someones to be blamed if there is mistake, than that’
s me!

“That's when he started to OOC emote, saying he had permission to kill our characters for being present there, and that the community as a whole had agreed to that this guild have the right to "ruin my character as they see fit", because of that they self-proclaimedly decided that the Lamb and it's catacombs are theirs alone.
The reasoning was "When you enter here, you ruin our guild. So because of that you give us ooc permission to kill your characters." Because apparently everyone and their mother are spies for the authorities.”

Truth is, i am rather new here, on this realm… And for all the time i’ve been ‘here’ i have never seen a warlocks rping there , i saw only those that go to their trainers OOCly..

When i said all that staff, about lamb, in registry section (both in thread where places of guilds are registered and registry of guild itself) when i said lamb, i meant catacombs as well (that’s why i described those catacombs below lamb, in our guilds thread)

“I tried to keep the RP going, since I moved his OOCing to whispers. It took a while for him to respond in the RP but it eventually came. Where he demanded to know if we were true warlocks, we both showed we have affinity with shadow and fel magic respectively. However he didn't seem to care, perhaps because OOCly I still argued that I shouldn't need to strike an alliance with him just to be allowed entrance to these VAST catacombs. “

Please if you are writing something, please do not roll over my words…
All he did, was that he showed me small shadow smokes around his head (my apologyse..for my English) …That is something any illusion mage could do…Any alchemist could do… Fire mage could do similar (catacombs are dark, i might not be able to see well)…

And that is all he showed me to prove he is “shadow wielder”

“He ran off and fetched his guild whom came back, now the ooc discussion was over, and they spent a while threatening us and our lives pressured us for our motives. Among insults and accusations that we were spies, and that they were the guards of the catacombs.
This was all roleplay, I don't mind that. However it's a shame that they couldn't seperate OOC from IC, and were so horny on the concept of killing our characters, because they themselves gave themselves my ooc permission to do so.”

First of…He! Not them or they…
We barly said any insult unlike you two did (For a note) so do not lie about that one…
We were so “horny” as you call it to kill your characters because we ARE bloodthirsty assassins… We sometimes make level one alts, for new recruits to kill , as a test if they are able to.
I did talk to some ….appriciated members of community about all this, and i was told that it IS alright… Names i shall not mention unless they come here and mention themselves.

“When the Regiment showed up, one of their members OOCly emoted "be warned the regiment is here", metagaming the siutation which was poor. He also asked for a summoning portal out of there, oocly, which I denied them (partly because I'm a warlock, not a mage, I summon, not teleport.) “

Alright, this one is a pure lie…
There was no OOC emote about regiment, actually one of them (warlocks) said something like (note: this is not quote, something similliar has been spoken) :
Well this is my sign/whisper (or something similar) to go, than he used that Ability or HS to port out,i did not see because i was already at regiment that arrived. (but note that he said he was summoner not anything else, so basicly he can bring people to him, but he cant port himself anywhere, where he broke his lore) …

“My issue here, is that it feels as if this guild, the Dark Reckoning, doesn't tale roleplay seriously, or respect the unwritten laws, and what's perhaps worse. How they have no care for another person's RP. How they even can get the idea to proclaim the right to kill a character, forcing it upon a person both IC and OOC.

I'd like to adress the issue where the person representing this guild said that the Defias Brotherhood roleplay community -agreed- to that the Dark Reckoning has the right to kill other player's characters, that they can say "I have your permission to kill your character" without me ever uttering those words.”

And again.. you haven’t spoke to Dark Reckoning, but to me!
We do care…Both me and guild cares!

Thing is, i am ‘fairly’ new to realm, and i stick around lamb for long time, and never saw a single RPing lock that went there, all i saw OOC locks going to trainer…
That is why i did not know it was shared with other Shadow Wielders…IN a matter of fact, i did not know that it was sanctuary of ALL “shadow Wielders ,that are citizens of alliance”.

When it comes to permission, i assumed to act like the laws of most of countries allow us to…
If it is not allowed to enter on ones property, but yet another person enters, other person does have right to use EVEN lethal force.
(of course it has to be said with sign…”Shot on sight”) Which is why i assumed i had right to do that…

“I'd like the guild leader to reply to this. I want to know his official statement as opposed to the guild member that to me, represented the this guild.
'Cause as I see it. There's a problem within the community when something like this happen.

I hope that the Moderators so no issue with my post, as I want this simply to be solved, as quickly as possible, and as clean as possible. Thank you for your time.”

I believe he did not see this post yet, i will tell him , but once again, if i was wrong, i don’t want that other peoples fun is ruined cuz of me, …

If i am wrong, i may offer you my char, if you are ICly angry on Dharious, you have my OOC approval to kill him (please reply here wether you should do so or not)

Or if i REALLY harmed community, mark me as loler, i shall leave realm with my own free will understanding what i did.
But it was really low from you to insult/attack whole guild because of the act of one man…
I might be their member, but i am not their real representative.

Last edited by Dharious The Wolfsbane on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Meemy
Meemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Feydor, fuck man, your signatures take up more space than your posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:56 pm

They're to make up for all the shit I talk.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Thurold/Nygarth wrote:Quite Pert, I wholly agree with that. This doesn't and hopefully won't be made into any form of shitstorm. As Ulbert presented in the screenshots, my two cents on the situation would simply be that whilst I wholeheartedly support the concept of a Assassin's Order using the Lamb as a hideout, especially as it was rarely used anyway, they need to remember that during this the Lamb is and always will be a Warlock Coven. Even Varian knows it's there, so I didn't appreciate when a few of their members ICly stated that he had seen no Warlocks in the place since their arrival. Took it a tad too far. Work with the Warlocks, not against them in my opinion.

In regards to having permission to kill characters who walk in there, is just ridiculous.

I completely agree with this. I don't mind them, or any shady people, to use the Sanctuary meant for just that, shady people. It's more so the things they OOCly claim to have -rights- for, forcing upon players and the community, is what concerns me.

However they're free to rp where they please! Hopefully they just can accept the IC consequences.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:13 pm

The time of any guild claiming ownership of anywhere is long since dead. The uh... OOC authority thing is wildly ridiculous.

I assume the GM will clear it up, even if he's seemed to acknowledge it in the registry thread. Though, frankly guilds don't tend to last long if they're pulling this sort of stuff.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:14 pm

This is nuts. Their GM needs to reply to this here, as it does effect all of us, not just Erahn. What's the deal Dark Reckoning? Just have watchmen stand guard over the entrance to the catacombs to check if they're actually warlocks before allowing them to enter.

Edit: I see no harm in them being self proclaimed inhabitants/stewards or whatever (Not owners, that's just silly) of the Slaughtered Lamb catacombs, as long as it stays IC and now brought or enforced OOCly this this..

Last edited by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Meemy Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:16 pm

guys, i already posted reply, please check it on first page...don't just jump on last page...My reply is on bottom of page one
Meemy
Meemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:17 pm

It says reserved, nothing more. I did read it. It hardly answers why you think you have the OOC authority to kill people.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:17 pm

It only said reserved till just there lol

EDIT: All I can say really is that your mixing IC and OOC. You don't kill characters IC for the sole reason of OOC drama, and just because you don't see anyone using the area doesn't mean you(or your guild) has the authority to jump on in and call it your area OOCly.

Last edited by Perturbo on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:22 pm

It was edited with that reply until he told me "not to just jump to the last page." lol, aye. Fair enough. Still think it's pretty silly to claim you own it and claim we all give you permission to kill our characters if you enter. You HAVE to let Warlocks enter. It's their only lair in Stormwind. If you want somewhere you can claim to own and kill people for entering I suggest you roleplay in Archerus.

Agree with Pert here. Sure.. use the Slaughtered Lamb catacombs. Sure, enforce some sort of security over it. Sure, question others who try to enter. But at no point take this OOCly, at all! At no point think you own this place OOCly, as you don't. You can think you own it ICly but there's no shred of authority you have over it OOCly here.

And at the very.. very bottom line, you cannot kill peoples characters or expect you're allowed to OOCly without the owners consent. That's just the basics of the unwritten roleplay rules.

Last edited by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Dharious The Wolfsbane wrote:When it comes to permission, i assumed to act like the laws of most of countries allow us to…
If it is not allowed to enter on ones property, but yet another person enters, other person does have right to use EVEN lethal force.
(of course it has to be said with sign…”Shot on sight”) Which is why i assumed i had right to do that…

Wait... What?? Does that mean that the guards are allowed to shot citizens entering the Command Center just because it's private property? Or the Blade's basement in the bar?
You have, by law, right to kindly ask them to leave. If they refuse you can either call for guards to remove them or make an attempt to remove them yourself. You can -not- kill them!

EDIT: Also, if attempting to remove them yourself by using said lethal force, they have right to file a report to the guards about assault.

Last edited by Helrog on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down