Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MoP on Defias

+20
Larnira
Dréfurion
Skarain
Zinkle Figgins
siegmund
Ledgic
Coppersocket
erwtenpeller
Tuomas/Decurius
Raenmar
Magaskawee/Anaei
Thelos
Lyniath
Grufftoof
Lorainne/Bridlington
Cid
Seranita
Ixirar
Rmuffn
Meemy
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MoP on Defias Empty MoP on Defias

Post by Meemy Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:57 am

Hey guys,
In my oppinion, i think MoP will ruin or RP realm for a good 2 months or even more.
Everyone is excited about new content of new expansion that they will rush to explore it, do PVE and PVP , do all new things there are in it.

To be honest it makes me sad, for i really enjoy Role Playing.
So my question is, for all of you:
Will you continue to Role Play as you used to ,or will you make a break from RP untill MoP gets boring (like every expansion does after a while)?

P.S.
I tried to search for similiar topic but i didn't find any, if there are/is topic(s) please inform me and delete this thread.
Meemy
Meemy

Back to top Go down

MoP on Defias Empty Re: MoP on Defias

Post by Rmuffn Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:03 am

Dude that happens every expansion. Once the hype is down RP will settle. And I doubt RP dies completely (more than it is atm)
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:04 am

Everything is boring if you overdo it.
People will level/PvE/PvP/RP pretty much as usual, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:49 am

UNICORN
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 pm

its not related to anything in the general tab no.. should be elsewhere but anyway,, yeah I remember rp being dead for about 2 months after cata's releace.. then rp boomed after that.. yeah rp maybe low.. but go level yourself or something,.. make the most of the "down time" from the rp side of things.
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Won't ruin anything, perhaps irritate if they add more yells to the factionleaders... /cough DKs /cough
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Meemy Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Monrena wrote:its not related to anything in the general tab no.. should be elsewhere but anyway,, yeah I remember rp being dead for about 2 months after cata's releace.. then rp boomed after that.. yeah rp maybe low.. but go level yourself or something,.. make the most of the "down time" from the rp side of things.

Yes. It might be in wrong section, my apologyse for that...I am fairly new to forum.
Meemy
Meemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 pm

UNICORN.

Haha, the edit is brilliant! Well done, Grufftoof. Wink

Last edited by Lorainne/Bridlington on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Moved thread to more fitting forum.

Nothing wrong with asking questions Naeel.

Personally I do think people need a break from any aspect of the game, from time to time. And the pre-expansion and early-expansion times tend to offer that.

Then it'll be more concentrated again. When things are less in flux.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:52 pm

To be fair, when I got ress'd a few months ago RP felt pretty dead here.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 pm

I'll make a quick post here:

Before this gets any closer to a "RP IS DEAD DB IS RUINED" thread, stop and don't post any further.

If people have anything of interest or views about RP in MoP and the immediate future, please do reply.

Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:55 pm

As mentioned by other posters, I do not see this as a particularily bad thing.

Just try to enjoy the wealth of new content this expansion has to offer while it lasts, instead of feeling spiteful about it. Really, we've got a wonderful continent, a new race, a new class and so much more to explore! Carpe diem, man! Relish the opportunity to experience new content!

After all, in order to properly role-play in Pandaria, you will have needed to have played the quest in roder to get all the lore you need, anyway.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Let me try again.

Naeel wrote:
In my oppinion, i think MoP will ruin or RP realm for a good 2 months or even more.

You mean like it has done every single time any expansion rolled out in any game ever?

Everyone is excited about new content of new expansion that they will rush to explore it, do PVE and PVP , do all new things there are in it.

You'll find that those that aren't would actually most often end up quitting the game. I don't see the point of this statement.

To be honest it makes me sad, for i really enjoy Role Playing.
So my question is, for all of you:
Will you continue to Role Play as you used to ,or will you make a break from RP untill MoP gets boring (like every expansion does after a while)?

The question of wether somebody will "make a break from RP" is only relevant if we assume that prior to the xpac everybody is RPing 24/7 (literally). Taking time out of your day to do end game content can't be seen as a "break from RP" and the people who do cease RP for a while, while it may be sparked by the xpac, are doing it for entirely different reasons than "There's an Xpac"

Not that I can speak for the server, since I moved half my characters to Sylvanas and stopped playing the other half in favor of that other server I'm not sure if I can mention here.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:47 pm

The only thing I see as damaging is Silvermoon City is counted as a cross-realm zone, could spell trouble for the elves.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:27 am

Leading a Gilnean RP guild, so focusing on Pandaren PvE isn't really an option. I'll probably level as quickly as I can (whereas in Cata I went slowly and just levelled through quests), then gear up for PvP in my spare time.

But, I expect to have a lot of spare time. I think RP will stay just as active as it is, but I think a lot of people (primarily worgen?) will reroll Pandaren for the novelty of them, meaning Gilnean RP will die down (even more hurr). Can't be sure though. Got at least one officer that isn't buying MoP on release, and another that'll probably rush to 90 and PvP when he isn't RPing.

As for cross-realm zones, I always thought they'd have a negative effect on RP. Although, splitting high-pop zones into phases will be worse than merging low-pop zones, but that still has its problems.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:52 am

25th is a tuesday so I'm probably not 90 till the weekend this time around. However I'm basically just gonna get to 90 then do nothing untill season start.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Raenmar wrote:Leading a Gilnean RP guild, so focusing on Pandaren PvE isn't really an option. I'll probably level as quickly as I can (whereas in Cata I went slowly and just levelled through quests), then gear up for PvP in my spare time.

But, I expect to have a lot of spare time. I think RP will stay just as active as it is, but I think a lot of people (primarily worgen?) will reroll Pandaren for the novelty of them, meaning Gilnean RP will die down (even more hurr). Can't be sure though. Got at least one officer that isn't buying MoP on release, and another that'll probably rush to 90 and PvP when he isn't RPing.

As for cross-realm zones, I always thought they'd have a negative effect on RP. Although, splitting high-pop zones into phases will be worse than merging low-pop zones, but that still has its problems.
I dunno, tbh. I'm mainly a rper, and I'll probably level my first char(the Dk, who's IC atm missing in action right for the leveling purpose) slowly through quests, but I'll keep rp as my priority in wow. I do level alta and do OOC things usually not in the evenings, when I always rp(unless rp is really non existent).About Gilnean rp I'll open a thread somewhere else, because the situation is a bit unsettling atm.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Eehm, move the RP to Pandaria perhaps? I know I'll be exploring the continent IC thankyouverymuch!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:19 pm

You're ignoring the fact that for most characters it will simply not make sense for them to venture into Pandaria, they have obligations, priorities, duties, elsewhere.
Not to mention Pandaria is a war zone, a commoner won't have any reason to go there unless they want to be caught up in the ongoing conflicts.

Only a fool or a soldier would set their foot on a land filled with war.

Last edited by Coppersocket on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Coppersocket wrote:You're ignoring the fact that for most characters it will simply not make sense for them to venture into Pandaria, they have obligations, priorities, duties, elsewhere.

Was thinking the same. Heck, Gilneans would be focused on getting their land back.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:
Coppersocket wrote:You're ignoring the fact that for most characters it will simply not make sense for them to venture into Pandaria, they have obligations, priorities, duties, elsewhere.

Was thinking the same. Heck, Gilneans would be focused on getting their land back.
As a rule of thumb, yes. On a more deep insight, though, seems, in my experience, that most roleplayed Gilneans aren't much interested in retaking Gilneas(be it 'cause of game mechanics and lore, be it because simply there's nothing interesting there, I dunno). If it's the right way or not to rp a Gilnean, that's not up to me, or to anyone, to judge.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Well no, of course not. Every individual is different definitely. I was merely pointing out that it's far more logical to assume Gilneans would be working towards reclaiming their home, than to venture off to Pandaria.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Moving Rp to Pandaria sounds good, but it will kind of be a warzone as well as Gilneas has become, or is... or was... Something like that!

Though i guess since it's big and some areas would be safe + fact of exploration and spices and BEER and Sights, plus with the fact of how would an everday Gilnean cizizen/or any other get to Pandaria ICly.

Meh, well i'd treat it like when America was discovered, some people moved there looking for new stuff.

It's not so much of if you're a Gilnean it's more about... What kind of person are you, like a younger person who always wanted to see the worl outside the walls would visit Pandaria for sure.

Still the BIG picure remains, just becouse there is a WAR in Pandaria, doesn't mean there isn't a WAR in Kalimdor or the Eastern kingdoms, there should be plenty of Rp to go around.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:53 pm

siegmund wrote:Moving Rp to Pandaria sounds good, but it will kind of be a warzone as well as Gilneas has become, or is... or was... Something like that!

Though i guess since it's big and some areas would be safe + fact of exploration and spices and BEER and Sights, plus with the fact of how would an everday Gilnean cizizen/or any other get to Pandaria ICly.

Meh, well i'd treat it like when America was discovered, some people moved there looking for new stuff.

It's not so much of if you're a Gilnean it's more about... What kind of person are you, like a younger person who always wanted to see the worl outside the walls would visit Pandaria for sure.

Still the BIG picure remains, just becouse there is a WAR in Pandaria, doesn't mean there isn't a WAR in Kalimdor or the Eastern kingdoms, there should be plenty of Rp to go around.

I would love to see Rp move to Pandaria especially when the war moves there in 5.1. Also, if people are concerned about ganking, well its time to start gettin' peeveepee gear!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Then you make a new character or change your character so that it does make sense.

Honestly, I don't like it when I see people limiting their gameplay based on the perspective of their character. I much prefer to ask myself what a player needs and wants to get out of the game. I know that this player is going to want to enjoy Pandaria to the fullest, so he'll need a suitable character for it, i.e a panda.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next