Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ariana: A father's passing

Go down

Ariana: A father's passing Empty Ariana: A father's passing

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:02 am

This is actually forged out of rp logs between four people, quite the long read but I cannot take full credit for everything. I have changed, altered, adapted and molded together what I had with a few additions here and there.
Writers are: Myself, Aetherel, Jarren and Eodan as Ari's father and mother

There is barely any wind when Ariana and Melan finally make their way over the final mountaintops, the path swindling inbetween to lead towards the small village hidden in a hidden valley. Houses of little worth, assembled poorly to withstand the cold winters only just. In the middle the large townhall, the only building made out of stone entirelly. People are out and busy with their errands, taking advantage of the lack of snow and cold during the very brief summerseason these mountains are granted in a year.

The two youths are guiding their horses by the bridle, their expressions grim and concentrated upon arrival. Not taking long before they are noticed, standing out in the crowds in their armour and tabards easily amongst the poor villagefolk who recognise Ari the moment they approach. Their glares and japes cut through her like sharp knives, making it hard to keep her head held high when remembering how unhappy she had been growing up amongst them. By her side Melan's stare fixates on each of them, venom in his eyes in a clear warning.

Ari speaks tensely, her eyes darting to Melan "Midor..'old me back if 'm goin' tae punch someone...", he shrugs a little and shakes his head at her. "No' very likely. I'll probably be punchin' them already, midor." Ariana's grip on the reigns of her own horse tightens, clenching her fist around the leather when mustering a grim smile at Melan. Nodding once she plows her way through the small crowd that has gathered and raises her voice at them angrily. "Aye 'm back now scurry on 'n leave me be ye preyin' lil' f- nghhhh"

She can feel her heart pounding from each face she rests her eyes on, the memories with most of them hardly pleasant to be reminded of. Pushing forth with Melan right by her side, granting her the strength to keep her head up and stare back at them bravely.
As the crowd thickens slightly, a fairly large young man places himself in Melan's path, seemingly deliberately. The ranger increases his pace and bumps his shoulder harshly into the man, passing him with the shove. He stops and turns slowly a second later as the trouble maker blurts out. "Southron scum!"

Melan immediatly lets go of the reigns of the horse, balling his hands into fists as he turns more to face the man who put himself int he way. Spurred on by the first cry, a younger man takes the side of the yelling man, his nose crooked and long brown hair hanging back. "So, the little skank come to take over daddy's buisness? Town drunk finally breathe 'is last then?!" he'd spitefully throw out.
His hateful gaze locking upon Ariana who stands there with clenched teeth, observing the scene as her blood starts to rush and boil. "What? Ye her new boytoy? Pfah!" he finishes with a mean grin as he gestures towards Melan mockingly.

His face was one of the familar ones, his haphazard nose the result of one of the many brawls the girl had been caught in, and once again she started to move forward with her own fists raising in preparation. Not going to stand there and take his insults, especially not if they are directed to Melan who is right by her side. The pair moving as if they are a single person instead of two. In her rush she slips her hand downward, feeling the hilt of her dagger as she spits out at him in a shaky voice "Wan' me tae break yer feckin' nose -'gain-?"

It didn't come to an actual fight, interupted by a tired voice cutting through the crowd loud and annoyed "Best listen to 'er folks, I've seen 'er skin greenskins alive wi' them blades. An' ye can leave th'bloke alone too. 'E's Bal, same's us." When the crowd starts parting to allow him through she spots Jarren. Arm bound into a crude sling and heavy bags underneath his eyes. "Not that I ain't glad t'see ye two, but I'd -jus'- got this lot t'stop treatin' -me- like shit."

His arrival eases both Ariana and Melan, staying somewhat annoyed and tense she makes her way forward and looks at him from up close "Yer lookin' like feckin' shite Jar-Jar" she sighs when seeing the horrible state of him. Melan meanwhile lets out a relieved sigh, a wide grin spreading on his face as he looks at Jarren, his body visably relaxing from the tense state it was in. Without another word he strides up to fling his arms around Jarren in a brotherly hug, pulling back to rest his forehead on Jarren's, muttering quietly. "Bal durei." the hug makes Jarren wince somewhat, speaking to Melan in a warning manner, "Easy, easy. I don' jus' look like shit ye'know. I've 'ad a few hurts lately"

With a dismissive handwave, the boy who got told off would grunt, wrinkling his crooked nose as he mutters some dismissive comments in their village's accent before turning, seemingly having lost interest now that Jarren has made an appearance, mumbling something along the lines of "All te' same.." before dispersing into the crowd. Followed by the glaring eyes of Ari who curses him colourfully in the Arathorian tongue. Jerking herself around to instead face the two hugging closeby which instantly has her smile at the sight. Chuckling with a jesting tone towards Jarren "Ye better nae steal me Lion Jar-Jar"

"Relax. Some things ye give 'im that I refuse tae, pretty as 'e is." Patting Melan on the back as he steps away he nods towards the few villagers that aknowledge his arrival in a greeting. "Don' take th'greetin' personally. I nearly 'ad t'kill meself t'make 'em listen t'me. Now what're ye two doin' 'ere?"

At those words Melan steps aside, turning his eyes upon Ariana so she may explain the situation. Slinking to his side she reaches to take his hand within her own and extends the other to pat Jarren genly while nodding into the distance to the shamble house of her parents. "Pa' 'course...nae wanted tae come bu' I got tae speak me mind tae 'im...'s done, all o' et. I go' family down in Strom now, dun' want tha' shit'ead's name...'n Mel's 'ere ...Well..Tha's 'nother story tha'..." Melan nods at her last words with a smirk, yet only for a brief moment when he sets his eyes on Jarren again, eyeing him.
"Feckin' 'ell. Moun'ain doesn' seem t'agree with ye, mate. Ye been trying tae wrestle cliffs or somethin'?"

"'S a matter o' fact I were. Fell down a cliff tryin' t'save a wee girl what fell down th'mountain. Tha's why this lot're listenin' t'me again. Nearly killed meself fer 'em. An' as fer yer Pa' Ari, I ain't seen 'im fer a while. Been busy."

The words leaving Ariana sound conflicted at best, revealing that she is rather uncertain about how she feels about the situation. Her hand clenching the one of Melan within her grip more firmly. " 'e 'as gotten sick Jar, Ma' sent me th'letter tae tell me. Nae gonna make et..." With a grunt she gazes over at the house before them, clearly not really wanting to make her way over there just yet either. Barely nothing Jarren absentmindly nodding and touching the chain of a locket around his neck with a brief remark."I'd 'ear some rumours 'bout yer Pa', Ari... 'Ve got some medicine 'm givin' me folks, seems t'help. If ye want it."
Changing the current subject Ari nods towards Melan a moment to follow up the conversation.
"We go' news 'n stuff fer ye too, good 'n bad...'n I reckon ye shoul' talk tae Mel 'bout Ade." He nods slowly for a moment, chewing his lower lip and taking a deep breath before starting to speak.

"Ade was in a bad state fer a while, Jarren. I dunno 'ow much ye know, bu' she were barely eatin', barely sleepin'. She was witherin' away infron' o' me. I tried tae be there as often as I coul', bu'... ngh. She's doin' be'er now, though. She's lef' fer a holiday, I guess. Wen' tae, uh... Sha-.. Shattrath? Big feckin' city in Outland."

The words manage to draw only a little smile upon Jarren's features, "I remember 'er takin' me there. Nearly blew me mind. She were laughin' at me fer bein' so shocked. I been meanin' t'go visit 'er soon, but me folks ain't gettin' any better.".
"They ain' gettin' worse, I 'ope?" Mel inquired with a soft sigh and a nod. "Nae... just not better either. They still don' know who I am 'alf th time"

"We've brought more medicine fer ye Jar, 'm disciples gave sum' o' their stash 'n herbs fer th'village. Dun' kno'..if ma' nae asked ye tis probably too late fer 'im anyway...'n I dun' even kno' if I want th'feck tae get better..." Ari herself slowly speak inbetween the two men, eyes still locked onto the house with a growing feeling of reluctance yet she does move along when Melan tightens his grip on Dia's reigns to follow Jarren. His Stormcrow soaring down from the longhall to perch upon his shoulders. "'E -is- yer Pa', Ari, even if 'e is a massive throbbin' dick." He mentions while walking infront of Ariana and Melan. "We'll see wha' 'e 'as tae say then..." She responds quietly, eyes darting to her partner who's hands she squeezes tightly when sighing and continuing with some difficulty.
"As fer tha', we 'ave things tae say too...one I wan' tae get th'feck over wit' too...Th'worgen..."

Taking a deep breath she stares off into the distance, walking with heavy, hesistant steps.

"Th'one from Stormwind, go' caught 'n trialled...only 'as tae do a month o' slavery work 'n 'e can run free 'gain."
Frowning deeply at the mention of Fenryx, Melan turns his head and spits in the dirt, muttering a curse under his breath. His fingers close more tightly around Ariana's.

Jarren sighed. "Th'world's fallin' apart an' they can'ae even figure out how t'punish evil properly. Fuckin' 'el... 'M too tired fer this shit."

"Th'lord said 'e will nae come close tae any o' ours without 'is balls crushed by an 'ammer...naeythin' we can do 'bout et. 'tleast we kno' a face 'n name righ'?...” With each step forward it seems that all courage is starting to leave her. Making her burdens apparent in her words even more than before.
"Guess I know who t'put a clothyard through when I get back then."

Still keeping silent, Melan nods in agreement with Jarren and Ariana's words when they come to a halt infront of the grizzly little hut. Her lips seeking out his cheek for a soft peck without showing any movement to indicate she's ready to take another step to enter as of yet. Whispering towards Melan in an eager attempt to lighten up the mood. “If ye ain' tellin' 'im soon midor...'m goin' tae steal yer shine.”

Smiling slightly as she kisses his cheek, he nods and looks down at his muddied boots. He takes a deep breath and looks up at Jarren, speaking out. "Oi, wankface. I 'ave somethin' tae tell ye." Jarren eyes the two for a long moment, scratching Thror behind the beak who is still perched on his shoulder and chirps happily into his ear. "So I don' get three guesses? G'on then."

With an amused smirk Melan folds his arms and tilts his head, eyes locked on Jarren in turn. "Fine. Guess three times."

"Oh I think I 'ave a pretty good guess, an' I don' want t'steal yer thunder"

Ari watches the exchange with a soft and affectionate snickering, peering between the two a few times before she turns around to rummage into the saddlebags of her horse to retrieve something which she hides behind her back when turning to face them both again. Melan groaning and rolling his eyes before chuckling. "A'righ', feckin' all knowin'... We're gettin' married. Ari's my fiance." As he finishes his sentance, he can't help but to grin widely, looking both proud and excited.

Jarren snaps his fingers, and Thror instantly pecks them, squawking. Jarren feeds her a strip of meat form his belt pouch
"Knew it. That were only a matter'f time"

Failing at holding back a happy squeal Ari pounces to hug Melan and smother his cheek with kisses for a moment. Still overjoyed herself before clearing her throat to squint over at Jarren with a proud beaming smile, one hand holding a hipflask which she sways teasingly before him.

"Go' sumthin' tae celebrate too."

With Melan's arm slipping around her waist her previous gloomy mood seems to have vanished like snow before the sun. Stood with an excited blush and stupidly wide grin,.

Questioning the silence Melan peers at Jarren who Jarren snatches the hipflask from Ari's hand to take a longer swig than necessary, coughing afterwards."Well, ye seem thrilled 'bout the news."

"Sorry mate. 'M bloody tired, 's'hard t'look excited. I am happy fer ye though, honestly. Can'ae think o' any pair better fer each other than ye two"

She peers at him with a worried frown, shaking her head with a sighed response. "Go figure.. I rather 'ave ye bein' a feckin' smug dick 'bout et than th'way ye are now...'ope 'm 'erbs 'elp yer folks. Time fer ye tae come back down Jar-Jar. 's lot goin' on down there too."

"Aye, yer folks need t'ge' be'er. 'ell, I'll even... take over fer ye. I'll take care of 'em fer a week or two, if ye jus' go see Ade. She n-... Oh, feck, she's in Ou'land. Never min'." Melan smacks his forehead.
"Wait she stayin' there?" Ari peers at Melan a moment before getting distracted, her eyes falling onto the haphazard door before her with a flinching grunt. Muttering to herself a bit she seems to be arguing with herself wether or not she should go inside already.

"I might take ye up on that, Durei. I fuckin' miss 'er...", Sighing quietly, Jarren gives Ari a small shove towards the door. "G'on, get in there ye" An audible, rather vicious coughing can be heard inside by now, making Ariana dig her heels down in protest.

With a tilted head Melan nods slowly at Ari."Midor, 's time tae face th'music. I'll be righ' a' yer side, a'righ'?"

Straightening herself the moment she shoves the door open to enter the single room that is the house, a ragged haymatress in the corner. A damp stench instantly wafting her way which causes her to cough herself. Only slowly turning to peer over at the bed to shuffle closer. All bravely suddenly gone, feeling much like a vulnerable child again when she calls out.

"Pa'...'m...'ome, are ye awake?"
Melan wrinkles his nose as he enters the cabin, his shoulder guards bumping into the door frame on the way in. He goes to stand at Ariana's side, looking down at her father. His hand would search for hers carefully while Jarren leans over to whisper. “Swing by m'place whenever ye can, we'll catch up proper." Turning to take his leave and step outside after giving Ari a reassuring pat on her shoulder.

"Wha-.. Ugh! Margot! Who es it?!" would yell the man lying on the haymatress with a hoarse and weakened tone before coughing out viciously. A scrawny and frail woman would turn to peer at he door, her skinny arms slumping down as she sets her eyes upon the young pair, her eyes watering briefly as she opens her mouth. "You came... You got th-.."

Broken off by a loud, gurgled "WELL?!" the woman answered in a low tone, her voice trembling lightly. "I-it's.. Ariana, Mathis."

Ariana's hand flails outward to grab Melan's firmly, not needing to pace far to stand by the bed herself with a brief nod towards her mother. Barely any warmth in the gesture when stood tense and anxious. Especially when looking down at her father ill in the bed, not used to seeing him that weak it suddenly stings her more than she'd likely wish to admit regardless of everything.

"Aye I..go' yer letter Ma'...ages 'go...I ehh..."

The footsteps of Melann resonate with thumpbs of his boots on the floor and the light clinking of ringed mailed armour. Looking down at Mathis with a deep frown on his face. Squeezing Ariana's hand and biting down on his lower lip to remain silent.
The skinny woman would frown upon seeing the visible scars on Ariana's cheek, her armour and daggers. Whispered softly, she'd speak "Did ye get inte fights..?" only to be drowned out by a gurgled and coughed: "OUT!" from the ill man, his breath wheezing out loudly, causing the woman's attention to snap. Wrapping her boney hands around the bucket of water which she'd drag along the bed. Pulling out a soaked cloth to press onto Mathis' forehead.

The man's head would turn, locking upon Melan's, he'd snort, hoarsely speaking: "What're ye gawking at, boy?"

Ariana softly tries to answer her mother only to be interrupted by the loud voice she knows so well

"Tis a bit more t-.." flinching down a moment she furrows her brow and tries to stare down at her father without the fear flickering in her eyes, her voice more shaky herself. Even in his weak state she doesn't seem to muster much courage.

"'is name is Melan pa'...'n 'e..."
Frowning deeply Melan bares his teeth for a moment at Mathis as he slowly folds his arms, glaring down at the sick man before responding. "Starin' a' th'man 'o tried 'is bes' t'ruin a girl's life. Starin' a' a girl's father 'o despite 'is bes' efforts turned intae th'mos' amazin' woman I ever me'. I'm starin' a' a sorry excuse fer a man. Oh, an'... I'm marryin' yer daugh'er. Feck ye."

Blinking for a moment as if about to utter an apology Ariana goes to stand straightened by Melan's side, a hand reaching around him while she holds her breath and nods at his words slowly.

"Aye 'm marryin' 'im...'m better than ye made me believe..."

A heavy silence would ring as Melan finishes his words. The ill mans eyes locking upon his. He would muffle a few coughs behind closed lips before a gurgled laughter comes out, coughing despite his laugh. "HAH! Marryin'..? Ye intend te' kill me from joy, boy. I've nay ever wanted anythin' else then te' rid meself o' that pest." he'd speak out, the last word with additional venom, locking his gaze on Ariana before letting his head drop back, Margot hastily wiping his forehead, her gaze locked away from the pair, as if wishing to be invisible at the time.

Ariana clenches her jaw, her muscles tensing a moment when she hears the venomous words spill from the sick man's mouth. Tears welling up in her eyes when she speaks out in a shrill tone quite suddenly, somewhat desperate even.

"I aint nae pest! 'm a soldier o' Stromgarde, 'ighlander. I can fight 'n 'ave done goo' things down there! I go' more o' family than ye ever gave me 'ere 'n friends 'n me Lion!"

"An' I did me rite!"

Melan in turn bares his teeth at the man's words, clenching his hands into fists again. He turns his head toward Ariana's to gague her reaction. He nods in agreement at her words, turning his head. He hisses at the man and opens his mouth to speak.

"Yer daugh'er 'as done incredibly brave things. Yer daugh'er is... -so- much stronger than ye ever were, than ye ever will be. Look a' ye, ol' man... Yer less use than a dried up, smelly goat skin. We're soldiers, Verthas. We figh' voidsworn an' klianks almos' -every- day so ye can wither away in yer stinkin' hut with yer poison on yer lips. Yer naethin'.. Yer worth less tae me than the dir' on my boots. Ma'goth. The only thing ye ever did tha's of any worth is birthin' yer daugh'er. Tha's yer grea'est accomplishmen'. So if ye 'ate 'er so much, ye can die with the knowledge tha' the person, yer daugh'er, tha' ye hate was the -best- thing ye ever did in yer miserable life!"

Melan spits out the last words, having to draw a deep breath to steady himself, some colour visible on his cheeks.

An unsteady breath pops out audibly from Ariana's lips, trembling a bit in fear from the retalliation she's expecting. Sneaking a quick glance at her mother in a silent cry from her support or help for once. However with barely any real hope showing on her face when she turns to offer Melan a lovestruck smile, his words despite their harshness atleast warming her and giving her the courage to stay put.

Unable to bear the showdown, Margot would have raised and turned to the soup upon a small fire, aimplessly stirring the pot as Mathis would once again gurgle a sickening laughter. "And yer one te' speak? Klianks... Hah. Easy te' chop heads wi' a filled stomach, boy. Stick to your delusions."

A soft sob would be heard from the woman, her back hunched down. "Margot!! Get more wat--.." Mathis would bark, his breath hacking due to loud wheezing cough escaping him, driplets of blood flying out as he does not bother covering up.
The woman jolting, would mutter a quick "Yes" before snatching the bucket from the bed only to dissapear through the door with a soaked face.

Mathis would grin, almost happily as he muffles a few coughs, taking his time to wheeze up a breath, his face glimmering in feversweat. "Guess what..? She's nay even mine.." he'd pause, grinning. "She's te' fruit of disloyalty.. and I'll pray to the ancestors you suffer the same fate. I will curse ye and your offspring as I cursed 'er. As I die I'll give me life essense te' see 'er die miserable an' an outcast. And ye with 'er, little scum."

Ariana follows her mother's movement with hunching shoulders, feeling the pain of her inability to back her up even now stabbing through her gravely. She'd bite back her tears of dissapointment when looking back down at Mathis with her expression full of hurt.

"Even when yer sick ye-..." Breaking her sentence of when he wheezes and starts to speak the colour from her face slowly drains, her mouth opening without a sound at the sudden information hitting her like a sledgehammer. At first only appearing shocked as then a whole array of expressions cross over her face in reaction. Ending up with a sudden angered and fuming glare. Both her hands balling to trembling fists as she shakes her head.

"LIAR! All 'm years ye...Tol' me ye were ashamed o' wha' daughter ye go'...yer jus'...bein' a dick 'n sayin' tha' tae 'urt me more, tae spite me now tha' 'm finally 'appy! YER A LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! Ma' woul' nae do tha'..."

Wheezing she shakes her head in denial for some reason, not wanting to think all these years she has been mistreated for -that-

"Dun' ye even...regret ANYTHIN'?...Feck ye! I dun' wan' ye name...I go' a name down there, REAL family! 'as naethin' tae do wit' blood, even if et's true! Ye coul've loved me...bu' ye jus' cannae love!"

She spits out the last words in a great amount of venom, her voice breaking as tears fall down her cheeks at last.

With a vicious yet victorious glare, Mathis would simply answer: "I can nay love an abomination.." before forced to cough once more.

Standing perfectly still, Melan's eyes have been bored into Mathis's sickly appearance, observing the man quietly as he spoke his curse and at Ariana's outburst. His eyebrows slowly furrow as he very slowly steps up to the man and reaches a hand out. The fingers of his mailed gauntlet would suddenly clench down around the man's throat, squeezing down on it ruthlessly as he tugs the man upwards with a rough jerk of his arm, an unsual strength seemingly possessing him. He leans his head in toward Mathis's and stares deep into the man's eyes, his fingers crushing his wind pipe together slowly as he hisses his words.

"Any man speaks those words 'gainst do Dia or our future children is goin' tae die -screamin'-."

His words are cold, and his eyes colder as they continue to stare unrelenting into the dying man's, teeth still bared.

Gurgling, his eyes widening, Mathis' hands would weakly claps around Melan's forearm, unable to struggle the grip in his ill state. He would cough and wheeze out a few words before being unable to. "..I'll.... see ye... there.."
His face glowing red as he keeps a widened, almost maddened stare on Melan before they roll back in it's sockets, drool and slime coming out of his mouth before his shocking and hacking for breath finally ceases, his thick hands sliding off Melan's forearm. IT'd take a few more seconds before his head would hang down into the iron choking grip.

Snatching out a hand for a moment to try and take a hold on Melan's tabard Ariana stands otherwise frozen with wide open eyes. A small part of her despite herself still uncomfortable with the situation of her "father" being threatened, however she takes a deep breath and does not interfere. A hardness rising in her own eyes as her heart goes out to Melan, the hurt of the curse and Mathis' words growing like a festing wound inside her as she hisses out at him herself. Watching closely how he reacts, unable to for once lash out.

"Ye've brought 'nough 'urt...'n I feckin' grew stronger 'cause of et. Our children will nae ever 'ear mention o' ye. I 'ope ye rot in th'void where ye belong."

Letting out a snorted breath, Melan lets the man fall limp against the bed, stepping back with trembling hands and knees, staring wide eyed at the corpse he just created, nostrils flared as he sucks in deep breaths. “Ari...”

Stood petrified for a moment it takes her a few second before she realizes what the situation is and that her name had been called. Gulping a few times to try and remove the choking of her own throat in sudden panicked emotions.
Rushing to wrap her arms around Melan she barely manages to muster a sentence at all, her head jumbled up in chaos.

"Is 'e...- Did y..-...Midor...'m scared..."

Weakly wrapping his arms around her, he continues to stare at Mathis, shaking in her embrace.

"I... I think 'e's dead. I think I killed 'im.."

In the doorway, the sound of a falling bucket would be heard, water splashing into the room. It is with a low tremble, she'd speak. "Is 'e...?"
Unable to finish her phrase, a sorrowful gaze adorning the woman's expression, tears already flowing from past events, she'd remain frozen, inhaling trembling breaths as she'd stare at the two, then her silent and limp husband.

"..'e was dead anyw-...."

Turning at the sound of her mother behind her she grants the woman an utterly hard and cold stare for a moment, tears having dried she suddenly lacks the ability to feel any sorrow at all for his passing.

"Aye, cheers fer ye Ma'...can go 'n feck who ye want now 'n nae worry 'bout 'im 'ittin' th'child born from et...Oh wait, ye nae worried anyway, jus' stood 'n let et 'appen."

She'd spit down onto the smugded floor with a wheezing breath. "Ye'll see 'im 'gain in th'void fer sure...”

Stood in shock for a long moment Melan only turns slowly toward Margot, shaking his head and reaching his hand for Ariana's for support.

Margot's head would remain bent down. Her shoulders shocking at her daughters words, striking them like daggers.
She would breath in with soft, high-pitched wails, up untill she jolts from the spit. With a low and soft voice, she'd speak, trembling and shaking, lacking all shine, looking unhealthy, the light from outside showing bruises, some almost black from previous beatings.
"Just... be... be happy... Away from.. here.." she'd speak before shuffling towards the dead husband. As she'd pass Melan, she'd whisper "Take care of her.." before falling to her knees by the haybed, eyes empty and streaming of tears, remaining hung, slumped forward, a woman broken with regret.

Mel glances at the woman as she passes him, nodding absently, squeezing Ariana's hand. After a moment he would lean closer and mutter to her softly.

"Midor, we shoul'... ge' ou' of 'ere."

Ariana tries several times to gather the breath to respond, her eyes remaining hard yet a worried and pained frown crossing across her face when she watches her mother's broken figure shuffle past. Without turning she'd hoarsely utter her question.

"If ye..love 'im so like ye ...- Why'd ye...-" Interrupting to nod at Melan she scarcely manages to finish her sentence. "Why'd ye...betray 'im...why am I born...'ow -can- ye still love 'im Ma?"

"'E.. would kill me... if I left.. 'gain.." she'd speak softly, her voice shaking and hollow, the fight clearly gone out of her. "He's... te' only... tha' loved.. an unfaithful woman... an'.." she'd lower her head in her hands, shaking it from left to right. "Yer stronger.. Leave.. An'.. be 'appy... I.. bless yer children... Rochallion bless yer children.. Jes'... Be 'appy.." she'd continue speaking, the broken shell of a woman being unable to speak anything else, her frail frame rocking back and forth as she repeats the last few words in between audible, muffled cries of sorrow.

Slowly losing the fight against the tears when catching a glimpse of Margot Ari clenches her hand around Melan's and nods slowly. The damp air inside the house suddenly making it hard for her to breathe when she whispers out in a near inaudible tone "If 'e loved ye...why did 'e beat ye so much Ma'?...I 'll nae turn out like ye...th'kids born from me'll always feel safe 'n loved..."
When she looks up at Melan her gaze is filled with determined courage, nodding once more yet firmly this time around.
"I think Jarren's folks need'm 'erbs midor, they're goo' people."

Without another word, Margot simply folds her arms around herself, hugging her own frame as she remains sat to her knees, hunched forwards, rocking back and forth in misery.

Closing his eyes for a moment, Melan takes a deep breath and leans down to plant a gentle kiss against Ari's forehead. A moment later he nods and lets go of her, heading to the door, stopping only to utter a few words before heading out.

"An dornu kel Fodrig, ma'am."

Once outside the house Ariana closes her eyes to take a deep breath, filling her lungs with the fresh air before turning to look up at Mel with a worried expression. Both her arms seeking to loop around his waist and pull him firmly closer to burry her face into his neck to grant them both comfort.

"I...'ate 'im...I always thought I felt sum' love...bu' now I kno' I 'ate 'im good 'n proper...'e nae even felt sorry...'e deserved et..."

Wrapping his arms around her carefully, Mel gently leans his head against hers, nodding.

"I los' control, midor... 'm sorry fer tha', bu'... 'e put a curse on ye an' our children. I can'... le' tha' slide. An'... I'm glad ye 'ave nothin' of 'im. No' even 'is blood."

"I dun' wan' ye tae say yer sorry ever 'gain midor...nae fer this, nae ever...I-..'m nae o' 'is-..." When it starts to sink in properly she can't help but smile weakly, looking relieved. "Am nae 'is blood...nae Verthas..."

Smiling softly, he leans down to press a small kiss on her lips, nodding as he looks into her eyes.

"Yer nae Verthas, an' ye never were. Yer a Lion'eart. Do midor dek, Ariana Lionheart."

Curling her lips into a warm and loving smile at his words Ariana rests her head down onto his chest with a soft sigh.

"Do midor dek Melan Lion'eart, do Khla...'m so glad yer 'ere...tha' yer mine."
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down