Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Kingdom of Stromgarde - NEW recruitment

+17
Zinkle Figgins
Iriel Silversong
Charlie Blazesong
Rmuffn
Raenmar
Ledgic
Allonia_Miral
Skarain
Aadaria-Ioanna
Killian
Lexgrad
Silferdrake
Valdar/Melan
Morgaan
Eodan
Sohan
Sharyssa/Adenah
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[A] Kingdom of Stromgarde - NEW recruitment Empty [A] Kingdom of Stromgarde - NEW recruitment

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:17 pm

The Kingdom of Stromgarde

Changing Tides.

Today I write to you all, of the Alliance, to spread the word of the end of Seiken Lionmane's ruling.

The Arathorians from this day forward do not aknowledge any ties to the Lord Lionmane any longer. We shall reform what remains of our people and lead them wisely with a council that shall decide upon the wellbeing of our nation.

We have fought endlessly to keep our claim to land and Kingdom. We have drained resources and refused to accept that what once was a glorious Nation now hangs in tatters. No, Arathorians shall never give up on their home and their people. But it is time that we open our eyes to be able to move forward from where we stand this day.

Those that remain will fight to not lose what is left for us. Yet we have to remain realistic with eyes upon the future. Our resources are limited and our people few, Stromgarde stands for aslong as we do not falter in resolve. Yet with the looming threat of Forsaken and our dissadvantage of Northern location have slowly taken it's toll. It is with this announcement that I wish to call upon the Arathorians that remain to follow upon this new direction of accepting our current situation.

There will be no nobility, no single leader of our people. Such claims have long lost their purpose with the swindling downwards path of constant warfare and loss. Untill the day Danath shall return our people should stick together with a select few who will guide them from this day forward. Those who have previously stood underneath the overbearing command of Seiken Lionmane shall share their opinions and decide together upon the future of the remnants of the Arathorian nation.

Our ways will not change, our traditions and pride are what forms us into who we are. But from now on our eyes will be cast upon the future and no longer dwell upon the past to cling to the lost glory.

People of the Alliance, we are still here and will never give up but we are no longer blind. Our eyes have opened and we shall take action to show that we are prepared to do what we must to preserve what remains.

I call upon you to remain our allies in this constant struggle and give you the promise that Arathorians shall stand with you in times of need.

Signed,
Ambassador Adenah “Duskeye” Thorgint-Goldheart

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Who are we?

Kingdom of Stromgarde has been a guild on Defias Brotherhood since the early years of the server. Since then it has grown, changed and seen many members and leaders during it's time. Yet it is still there, smaller and perhaps less grand as it was during the glorydays but the concept is a known and valued aspect of the server! (Or so we hope) After all the time the guild has stood it's ground the serverlore and fanbased stories have grown, expanded to something magnificent. Our Ancestral Faith, the Rite of Adulthood, the tribalistic and barbaric culture much alike the Vikings and their Valhalla a refreshing and interesting way of roleplay that grants yet another aspect of the rich population Defias Brotherhood has gained over the course of the years.

The days of Kings and Queens have come to pass, Royalty and Nobility has become a much smaller aspect of what the Kingdom once represented. Times makes things change, and that means it is time for another change.

Stromgarde may (or may not) receive a new guildname in the near future but for the time being the tag will remain yet from now on there will be no claim to being a "Kingdom" any longer. We are too small, the wars rage over Azeroth and ever since the beginning there has not been any indication that Arathor will take it's place as a thriving human Kingdom again. (We still hope it may!). Logic has made us realize that we have to think smaller, our fanlore will remain but our guild will represent a much smaller particle of the Arathorian people.
As a part of the Stormwind and Alliance armies, an Arathorian regiment that takes it's place amongst the others to fight for the Grand-Alliance without losing the purpose and goal to keep up fighting and battling for our homelands.
Home is where the heart is, every Arathorian knows this and this will never change.

Fight with us, suffer together with the Arathorians who want nothing more than return home and build up the fallen Kingdom. Struggle and hardship is not unknown but together we have always stood strong. Friendship, love and family.. -FAITH-.
Join Kingdom of Stromgarde and see for yourself how all this mixes together in epic moments of roleplay!
(Oh I do have an edge for dramatics! Very Happy)

Ranks and Rewards

* Ranks
Small-Council (the officers):
* Ambassador: Adenah
* Blademaster: Eodan
* Spymistress: Timna
* Head-Archer: Aetherel (Melan)
* Archmage: Dellore

Veteran member- Officer
*Great-Elder: Orthur

As it shows, there is no longer a single leadership. Not OOC nor IC, the Ambassador does the proposals, ideas and puts them before those who stand at the head of each aspect of the guild and together agreements are made. The rest of the members will be heard, opinion and ideas are -always- welcome and appreciated. KoS still stands because of it's members and without them we wouldn't exist anymore. What can other members achieve within the guild?

* Mercenary: Those that become part of KoS that have no Arathorian heritage, that do not follow Ancestral faith and have not taken their rite and become citizens of Arathor.
* Citizen: Every single Arathorian that wants to be part of the guild, be it baker, tailor, priest or soldier.
* Highlander: Respected Arathorians who have shown value and worth. This does -not- have to be purely in military aspects.
* Elder: The older generation of Arathorians, the wise men and women we seek for advice and lessons. (This is usually pre-set within character creation)
* Captain: A leading role for those who exceed above the other soldiers and Highlanders.
* Silver Raven: The "Knights" of Arathor, the respected elite. The Silver Ravens stand as esteemed members of the Arathorian Army and are the ones that will take command would there be no other present to take this task. (This is a minor officer role but not -really- an officer)

As it shows there appears to be not much room for promotions, more ranks may be added over time when there comes a need for it. In the meantime we are working on an IC reward system of ribbons, medals and badges that characters can obtain for expectional prestations. This can be courage, honour, respect, etc etc. Stay tuned for more information on these!.

Medals and IC rewards!

- Mercenary Ribbon: The ribbon given to all who sign under the banner of the Arathorian Regiment but are not citizens of the nation
- Soldier's Badge: Badge given to all soldiers of the Arathorian Regiment of the Alliance army
- Highlander's Badge: Rewarded to the Arathorians who have proven worth and value to the Arathorian army.
- Endurance Ribbon: A ribbon to recognise those soldiers who have obtained severe/lethal injury in the act of war
- Combat readiness Medal: Rewarded to those of the Arathorian military for superiour duty.
- Medal of Merit: Awarded for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services and achievements
- Prisoner of War Medal: Awarded to any Arathorian who was taken prisoner or held captive while engaged in an action against an enemy
- Ribbon of Respect: Rewarded to an Arathorian who has earned his respect over the course of time, having proven his or her value.
- Badge of Courage: To the citizens and soldiers who have shown courage of an exceptional level.
- Badge of Honour: To the citizens and soldiers who have proven themselves to act and fight with honour for their homeland.
- Lifesaving Ribbon: Rewarded to every Arathorian who performs the act of saving the life of a fellow soldier or citizen
- Ribbon of Heroism: Awarded to those who distinguishes himself or herself in support of operations by "heroism or extraordinary achievement"
- Medal of Distinguished Service: Rewarded to the veterans and loyal soldiers of the Arathorian army

- Small-Council rank specific Badge (Archmage, Ambassador, Head-Archer, etc): An ornate yet simple pin to mark your rank as part of the Small-Council

As all can see there is a variety already created for possible IC rewards. Some easy to obtain, others not so easy. More may be added in the future!

How to join?

Poke one of the Officers if you have questions: Adenah (+Sharyssa, Ariana), Eodan (+Hodain), Timna, Aetherel, Dellore (+Jarren)
Or simply seek us out for rp.
Simple?
YES!
So why aren't you doing it already? Wink

Note: More may be added in time!

(Ps: A lock on the old topic would be nice seeing as the first post is deleted anyhow)

Last edited by Sharyssa/Adenah on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

[A] Kingdom of Stromgarde - NEW recruitment Empty Re: [A] Kingdom of Stromgarde - NEW recruitment

Post by Sohan Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Big thumbs up! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

[A] Kingdom of Stromgarde - NEW recruitment Empty Re: [A] Kingdom of Stromgarde - NEW recruitment

Post by Ledgic Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Lovin' it.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Come on guys. You know you want to with this overhaul.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 am

Join us NOW! Oh and btw... my pc crashed so i won't be around for a week maybe, or less if i am lucky.... Sad

I might have fixed it, but won't be around tonight, so well cya tomorrow if it worked Very Happy
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Updates with the newly added IC-reward system of ribbons, badges and medals!

Event for all of KoS this Sunday for people who have earned these badges in the past and will now receive them!
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:01 pm

And we are open for recruitment obviously, stationed in the IC Embassy of Stromgarde. (Building outside the Mage Quarter in front of the Stockades. - Academy of Arcane Arts and Science.)

IC messages and letters can be left at the same adress and sent to either of the officers. Smile
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdar/Melan Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Highly approved and stamped with awesomeness.
Valdar/Melan
Valdar/Melan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdar/Melan Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:59 pm

LEBUUUUUMP!
Valdar/Melan
Valdar/Melan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:17 am

Nearing the bottom? I think not.

I've had an awesome variety of RP with these guys so far, along with the fact it actually spurred me to write something again. That was something I'd been missing.

So really, if you're looking for something new and enjoyable, I couldn't put up any more neon signs around this lot.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silferdrake Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:05 am

The Arathorians aren't so bad once you get to know them. I've been having a good time since I joined up with them.
Silferdrake
Silferdrake

Character sheet
Name: Steven Silferdrake
Title: Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Been shagged yet? :p With that long hair and soft skin I wouldnt put it past a drunk Arathorian :p
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Been shagged yet? :p With that long hair and soft skin I wouldnt put it past a drunk Arathorian :p

I would. Them loves the curves, brah.
Silfer isn't.. curvy. Very Happy
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silferdrake Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Pffft! I could have an Arathorian if I wanted to. Razz
Silferdrake
Silferdrake

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killian Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Two Thumbs Fresh! great guild and community!
Killian
Killian

Character sheet
Name: Killian Roque
Title: Si:7 Operative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:52 pm

*bumps for awesome guild*
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Bumping our recruitment with a motivational video, the song reminded me heavily of all strive Arathorians have overcome and still fight. Always getting back to their feet and finding a goal to focus on to keep going, never giving up.

AH-HOOM!

Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silferdrake Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Join up now, and get a free autograph from me!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...No? Well, you should join anyway, the girls and boys of Stromgarde are delightful to play with!
Silferdrake
Silferdrake

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Hahahaha. Poor silfer, sitting there (almost) all alone entire day... or did he.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdar/Melan Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:30 pm

Yes! Come join our lovely little band of merry barbarians.
Valdar/Melan
Valdar/Melan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:24 am

I'd ah-hoom in here but my character never does anything but make a joke out of it.

Instead, I'll do this : YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Shirtless brawls in the woods. Totally a reason to join.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdar/Melan Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Giving this a big ass bump!
Valdar/Melan
Valdar/Melan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 pm

*kicks that ass*
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 pm

A bump with a link to our next event!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the first of some to come across the next couple of weeks, so, watch this space Smile
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next