Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called)

+18
Lorainne/Bridlington
Sabien
Kil'drakor
siegmund
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Seranita
Feydor
Coppersocket
Magaskawee/Anaei
Krogon Devilstep
Gesh
Ixirar
Lexgrad
Rmuffn
Cid
Drustai
Azarion
Norrian/Chezz
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called) Empty The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called)

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Waddap peps.

I spoke to a GM regarding the ganking of RPers during RP events. Here's what happened in short. The dude I spoke with explained that they are not breaking any rules of PVP

BUT

He said that they are breaking rules of RP. If we are to go over there and explain to them that they are inferfering with an RP event they should stop after the first kill.

Furthermore

He asked me to post my(our) events in the official forums every time and he(or any gm) will personally be attending our events. (screenshot below). I commented that after several remarks from a GM they will stop and he agreed (screenshot).
So, if we want them to stop ganking us we should POST IN THE OFFICIAL FORUMS EVERY TIME WE HAVE AN EVENT.

The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called) Screen10

Do NOT redistribute the screen shot!!!
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called) Empty Re: The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called)

Post by Azarion Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:15 pm

This.. is fantastic. If this GM can get other GMs to do as he's suggested, then we can say hello to proper events again! \o/
Azarion
Azarion

Character sheet
Name: Azarion
Title:

Back to top Go down

The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called) Empty Re: The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called)

Post by Drustai Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Atheramis/Chezz wrote:Do NOT redistribute the screen shot!!!

ABoC can see these forums, you know.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Azarion Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:18 pm

So what if they can see it? ;o
And so what if it's redistributed?
Azarion
Azarion

Character sheet
Name: Azarion
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:24 pm

They would point out the whitepainted areas and ask about them?
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:25 pm

The person that is caught redistributing such information outside wow official forums can get banned. All such stuff, screenshots, item shit is subject to ..copyright or whatever.

That's excluding myself, ofc. Being the one that got the allimportant job to get the message across to our community.

As for the white area, it's nothing - a joke between two IT (customer support) colleagues. I work in IT. Something between sys admin, customer support and tech support.

Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Better than our reputation... Haha.. Yeah, sure. That's why they've interfared all those other times?

Oh, yeah..
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:33 pm

Lol I saw Fara had posted and guessed the post right. I give myself 5 points!

But yeah put it in the public forums then, get more RPers, maybe new ones and if you do as the GM says and they do nothing, you lose nothing. If they finally act you can have RP again. /shrug
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Atheramis/Chezz wrote:The person that is caught redistributing such information outside wow official forums can get banned. All such stuff, screenshots, item shit is subject to ..copyright or whatever.

That's excluding myself, ofc. Being the one that got the allimportant job to get the message across to our community.

As for the white area, it's nothing - a joke between two IT (customer support) colleagues. I work in IT. Something between sys admin, customer support and tech support.

Claiming copyright over someone else's intellectual property puts you in what's technically known as an iffy legal situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Whatever. He asked to not redistribute the screenshot and explained why but I'm dumb so I forgot Very Happy
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Atheramis/Chezz wrote:Whatever. He asked to not redistribute the screenshot and explained why but I'm dumb so I forgot Very Happy

I laughed so hard at this it's absolutely unbelievable
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Spoiler:

The plot thickens...
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Good work. That man.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:08 am

Hate to be a pessimistic polly, but something here wreeks of an optimistic GM trying to help one community. Several GMs have -constantly- said that PvP action is not against the rules. Dropping flags, lights, train sets. <--- That is bannable. So unless they do that, the PvP doesn't break the rules.

Last edited by Magaskawee/Anaei on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:25 am

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Hate to be a pessimistic polly, but something here wreeks of an optimistic GM trying to help one community. Several GMs have -constantly- said that PvP action is against the rules. Dropping flags, lights, train sets. <--- That is bannable. So unless they do that, the PvP doesn't break the rules.
This. So much this.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:57 am

I'm calling that the GM is actually an ABOC insider and the next RP event the GM appears as a gigantic murloc and corpsecamps you all with lasers firing out of his gills.

Maybe. Just maybe.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:18 am

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Hate to be a pessimistic polly, but something here wreeks of an optimistic GM trying to help one community. Several GMs have -constantly- said that PvP action is not against the rules. Dropping flags, lights, train sets. <--- That is bannable. So unless they do that, the PvP doesn't break the rules.

Agreed. Faylum told me yesterday that there's a GM that was RPing with the Duskwood crowd and got ganked that is going out of his way to punish ABoC, and that they're working on getting him fired for abusing his power.

Whether or not that's true is up in the air, of course.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:15 am

Well like people say this is an rp and a pvp server, the two rulesets clash directly, one cannot gank and do pure pvp without resulting in (un)intentionaly harrasing rp'ers, its the way it goes and as they are so insistant on taking down rp'ers simply as many tend to be the weekr target, and that a GM has finaly seen the light (if it is true) then they braught it on themselves, I have not seen any other horde pvp guild gank rp'ers on an industrial scale as the others tend to show respect towards the rp rules as well as the pvp ones *nods*

In short, If there is a gm as Faylum so put it,.. "Abusing his power" and is punishing ABoC relentlessly, then I can only say one thing,.. Thank you GM!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:06 am

Drustai wrote:
Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Hate to be a pessimistic polly, but something here wreeks of an optimistic GM trying to help one community. Several GMs have -constantly- said that PvP action is not against the rules. Dropping flags, lights, train sets. <--- That is bannable. So unless they do that, the PvP doesn't break the rules.

Agreed. Faylum told me yesterday that there's a GM that was RPing with the Duskwood crowd and got ganked that is going out of his way to punish ABoC, and that they're working on getting him fired for abusing his power.

Whether or not that's true is up in the air, of course.

Faylum, whenever you read this, you're fucking hilarious xD
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:13 am

We're not the ones to pick what the ABOC's punishment will be.

My point all along was that they are breaking the rules of RP as I explained to him and he concurred.

As long as those dudes come along and gank us ONCE, that's fine. They aren't breaking any rules. But if they keep on ganking us after we tell them that this is an RP event - that's not cool. What they are doing is an organised killing spree against RPers and what they do is they target RPers only.
If I wanted to gank guys so bad I would fly around Twilight Highlands all day long and drop on random farming people. It's obvious that this is not for the PVP and the GM understood that. I have proof of this, which I submitted to him.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:33 am

Atheramis/Chezz wrote:We're not the ones to pick what the ABOC's punishment will be.

My point all along was that they are breaking the rules of RP as I explained to him and he concurred.

As long as those dudes come along and gank us ONCE, that's fine. They aren't breaking any rules. But if they keep on ganking us after we tell them that this is an RP event - that's not cool. What they are doing is an organised killing spree against RPers and what they do is they target RPers only.
If I wanted to gank guys so bad I would fly around Twilight Highlands all day long and drop on random farming people. It's obvious that this is not for the PVP and the GM understood that. I have proof of this, which I submitted to him.

Except they don't target RPers only. You only need watch their videos or participate in their city raids to see this. They go after RPers because we are by far the most populous group in contested regions, but we are not their only targets.

And the rules say nothing about ganking once being okay but ganking multiple times being against the rules. In fact, they specifically state that corpse camping is allowed.

PvP Realm Policy wrote:PvP Realm Policies
Actions that would typically be considered "dishonorable" are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master (GM) staff. Actions that fall into this category include, but are not limited to:

• Corpse camping.
  • Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
  • Killing players well below your level.

The rules specifically say that harassment rules do not apply when there is a PvP solution available (meaning, the devs will not interfere in harassment in PvP areas, you're supposed to do that yourself by gathering people and fighting back). About the only thing they can possibly interfere in is if they judge the harassment to be extreme/severe. But they have yet to do so.

PvP Realm Policy wrote:Ongoing Harassment
The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply when there is a PvP resolution available on a PvP realm, as physical confrontations are considered a facet of PvP combat and players in opposing factions are unable to communicate verbally. Characters have the ability to address their conflicts through combat and GMs will only involve themselves in extreme circumstances.

• This policy contains exceptions to the policies currently being enforced on all realms.
  • Though this policy reflects a somewhat "hands-off" approach, the GM staff will intervene in cases of extreme or excessive harassment.
  • Policies governing general decency are still in effect. Actions such as inappropriate names, obscene language, and spamming will be addressed as on any other realm.

We want World of Warcraft to be a fun and safe environment for all players. Our aim with the above policies is to provide a hardcore PvP environment for players who choose to play on PvP realms.

As nice as it is to have a sympathetic GM, the realm policies are not so supportive.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:52 am

I'm sure I'll find something in the RP policy that forbids this only I'm too lazy right now Very Happy Let's just do as the dude says and see where this goes.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 am

You're always defending them Drustai. Question

Awesome work Chezz. Let's hope this wasn't all hot air and something comes from it. You have my support.

Last edited by Helmfrid on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:04 am

I think that not much can be done, though what they did after that duskwood event, specifically in westfall. That i think would be reportable. Though thats as far as it would go.

Thing is there are written and unwritten rules. The second being for example leave thet poor lvl 15 alone after you gank him once and so on.

If they come to blue zones and disrupt rp events there (With us not engaging them) then that is usable against them.

If they would at least talk to us and not be all We don't care then /ignore It would help.

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:26 am

Helmfrid wrote:You're always defending them Drustai. Question

There's a difference between defending and stating the facts. My RP has been wrecked by them just as much as yours, I just recognize that they have every right to do this. I don't like the policies as they stand, but they are the policy. I wish RP-PvP realms would get their own specific server policy (at the moment they just use both the RP and the PvP policies without any consideration for how the two interact), but until we do we have to deal with it.

Therefore, don't get your hopes up that this GM will actually accomplish anything.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next