Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues with Tongues and MRP. Halp!

+2
Lexgrad
Finnabhair
6 posters

Go down

Issues with Tongues and MRP.  Halp! Empty Issues with Tongues and MRP. Halp!

Post by Finnabhair Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:33 pm

So I recently got Tongues.

However, I noticed that when I switch to a Tongues language, the name of my character goes to the original name, not the one I have in MRP.

Examples:

GOOD: Farelin Kierstad: Oh, hello there. My MRP name works fine!

BAD: Farelin: [Darnassian] Why is my MRP name not showing when I don't speak Common?!?

Anyone know how to fix this, by any chance?
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Issues with Tongues and MRP.  Halp! Empty Re: Issues with Tongues and MRP. Halp!

Post by Lexgrad Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:58 pm

I dont recall this when I use tongues, I havent upgraded since 5.2 however so it might be a bug then, did you notice it before or after the patch?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Issues with Tongues and MRP.  Halp! Empty Re: Issues with Tongues and MRP. Halp!

Post by Finnabhair Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:05 pm

I recently got Tongues as in I got it today, so no...definitely didn't notice it being affected by the patch. X3
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Will check it out.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:20 am

Much appreciated!
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:58 am

Is this across the board, or just your own viewing?
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:32 am

If you mean "Do other people see this as well?" (sorry, really sleepy, was just about to head off to bed), then yes...other people see this as well.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:50 am

Hmm, I'll come test it tomorrow with you. See if it's Tongues or MRP. Will need to make a Nelf or Dwarf or something to test it on though and use their natural bilingual-ness to test it...

Ooor...

go all "Rararawr, that there's a challenge! Release Felinaa!!"
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:58 pm

So Checked it out last night and after reloading tongues twice I couldn't even get it to work. I looked on google and tried a few different versons buuuuut.....

Yeah sorry no help at all : / I miss TRP which had its own verson of tongues : /
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Hyeah, at some points, the thing lags out so badly I have to post twice in order for it to spam out. Ridiculous stuff.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Lexgrad wrote:So Checked it out last night and after reloading tongues twice I couldn't even get it to work. I looked on google and tried a few different versons buuuuut.....

Yeah sorry no help at all : / I miss TRP which had its own verson of tongues : /

TRP's is crap. Always disabled TRP's language thing and continued to use Tongues.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Heretic shadow squid have no say.

But it really does need one addon to rule them all imo. An addon that does all rp functions (Even better, Blizz put on in)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:22 am

TRP has a learning curve, unlike MRP and tongues. It's item creation feature is crap tho, because it syncs all items created into a database, which is what actually busts the addon. That's why no one uses it Very Happy My recommendation - get TRP and put some time in it. Write me a message if you need help with using the player database feature.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric/Richard Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:11 am

TRP's is crap. Always disabled TRP's language thing and continued to use Tongues.

All you have to do is get the 0017 version, I haven't updated from it and works like a charm without having to disable the language functions. Cool

Last edited by Elric/Richard on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elric/Richard
Elric/Richard

Character sheet
Name: Elric Williams
Title: Door man, Paladin, Chevalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:06 pm

The latest version is pretty stable.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:09 pm

I thought they stopped updating TRP? o_o
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down