Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* Dawn cowers and runs back to Defias*

+22
Lexgrad
Cid
erwtenpeller
Eodan
Kristeas Sunbinder
Ixirar
Vaell
siegmund
Gogol
Seranita
Beladon
Thrakha
Amaryl
Drustai
Aweng
Ivrian
Robi Kaezlan
Helmheid
Thondalar Stormleaf
Catari
Aadaria-Ioanna
Dorothee/Duvaineth
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

* Dawn cowers and runs back to Defias* Empty * Dawn cowers and runs back to Defias*

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:50 am

After one day on Argent Dawn, my anger due to aboc went away. I then realised how much I miss all the ppl I rped with on Defias and was stupid for leaving. I desided to give AD a chance though. The realm has some really good rpers and alot of outdoor rp and events. Unfotunatley that wasnt enough to keep me there, there was a big downside.

1. I noticed alot of ppl there had 0 toleration for new rpers and easilly washed them away to the side. That I havent seen ever on defias. Here ppl actually try to help new ppl and dont complain.

2. I started out at the Ebon Hold rping with a friend who is sort of new to rp and 11 yrs old in rl. I got constant messages that he is a loler and so on. I replied: hes a friend new to rp and 11 yrs old, so im teaching him..Theyd reply: if you continue to rp with him you will be marked as a loler also. This has never happened to me on defias, and this 11 yr old has his main here and gets along pretty well.

3. I made a dk guild, recruted a few really good rpers and we went SW to ic recrute. I gave a direct order and a few disobeyed. Within 5 seconds I got5 wispers saying about the same thing : Your guild is full of lolers you gave a direct order and they disobeyed etc etc
I replied its all ic.
They replied: ur members dont know how to rp dks therfore are bad rpers, dks never disobey orders.
I replied a bad rper is one who breaks the lore and refuses to atleast try and learn how to rp, and keep in mind dks have free will, we are no longer under the control of the lich king. By the time I replied most of them already had me on ignore. Others just replied with nonsense so I refued to reply, until they realised they were talking to the wall.

4. I also got critisized on how I rp my toon. Yes for plenty of rpers my toon wasnt angry enough as a dk should be. I got ooc wispers complaining that I ic gave lectures and not beatings to my disobidient knights. With a nice reply id say. Morgain speaks of honor, therefore my toon fights to rid herself of scourge behaviour and actions. I was lauged at and told a dk is a killing machine and has no morales. Then wed debate over lore until I for the first time ever ignored another rper for being so closed minded. Before ignoring them I told them. I enjoy it when someone has a suggestion and I dont mind disagreements, but I do no tolerate nazi behaviour and people lauging or demanding I rp as they tell me to,when they cant even support what they say with lore or common sence. Then i ignored them.

AD did have some really good rpers, and guilds, but it seems the ppl who made me want to leave, must do the same to others, therefore give AD a bad reputation. Do not let my experience change the mind of any who would wanna rp there, im just sharing the hell ive been through.

So Defias I missed all of you and you are going to be stuck with me.

PS: Faylum if you are reading this I will never give you the chance to anger me again nor drive me away from my rp buddies...I missed you Faylum very very much, there are worse things than aboc. I know you strive to be the worst thing to rpers, but you aint, so you have failed. I advise you go to argent dawn and debate with ppl about pvp and on what is the best way to grief rp. To celebrate my return to defias rp I will give you one chance to gank me my beloved faylum, and then you will never see my toon ever ever ever ever again, for I am rolling a rogue and rping in stealth.

Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

* Dawn cowers and runs back to Defias* Empty Re: * Dawn cowers and runs back to Defias*

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:05 am

You missy are damn cute <3 You get my five coppers and me smiling at this hour Smile Which isnt bad considering I got tonns of hours of work ahead of me (at work not wow stuff) and havent slept a dime Razz

Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

* Dawn cowers and runs back to Defias* Empty Re: * Dawn cowers and runs back to Defias*

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:24 am

Hmmm...a lot of the above could be applied to the treatment my guild got on moving to Defias actually and had TVC not been dead, we would have moved back. Gave us a really bad impression of the place and the guild stability suffered for it. Perhaps Alliance side is more tolerant of other people's rp than Horde side is on Defias.

Maybe you just met the wrong people, either way, welcome back - it's always nice to come home Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Catari Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:10 am

I really think you ran into bad luck Arli.

Or maybe we in SSM were lucky. From day one we had nothing but people welcoming us, and other Horde rp guilds contacting us to help us.

Maybe its all timing and where you land *shrugs*

And ontopic. Good to see an rp'er return Smile
Catari
Catari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:39 am

Lady Valerie Iris Dawn wrote:
PS: Faylum if you are reading this I will never give you the chance to anger me again nor drive me away from my rp buddies...I missed you Faylum very very much, there are worse things than aboc. I know you strive to be the worst thing to rpers, but you aint, so you have failed. I advise you go to argent dawn and debate with ppl about pvp and on what is the best way to grief rp. To celebrate my return to defias rp I will give you one chance to gank me my beloved faylum, and then you will never see my toon ever ever ever ever again, for I am rolling a rogue and rping in stealth.

This made me laugh so hard my orange juice went everywhere XD

Welcome back Dawn <3
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:46 am

I thought you'd survive at least a full week Smile Welcome back another potential subject of Enclave's manipulation!
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:47 am

I too went to AD once, I rolled there though rather than transferred. It is without a doubt the second most cliquey, up their own ass server Ive been on.I got the said whispers about style of RP, against lore etc etc. I gave up pretty quickly and stayed put on TVC.

I have to agree with Arli though, the welcome on alliance side when we transferred here was less than warm. Never in all my 7 years in WoW have I been god emoted and power RP'd as much as I have been in the few months Ive been on DB. Having said that though, generally its a nice server and Im meeting a lot of nice people now.

And on that note, although we havent met, Welcome Back and dont let the gankers get you down. RP after 8pm? chances are the little gits will have been packed off to bed by their mummies and theyre frantically trying to gank while hiding under the blankets with laptop and torch
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet
Name: Robi Kaezlan
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivrian Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:25 am

It's good to have you back Dawn Very Happy
Ivrian
Ivrian

Character sheet
Name: Ivrian Darkstar
Title: Knight Colonel of the Wardens

Back to top Go down

Post by Aweng Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:41 am

I lol'ed at the dk's not having morals remark. That is the worst arguement for bad dk rp I ever heard. So mograine has no morals? Guess they have never read drusai's Dk guide then.
It is acctually important for dks to have personality etc, even if ithey are the lore basics. Without morals and personality, a dk becomes stale and unsatisfying.

I am glad you pulled yourself together and returned from that elitist rathole to be reunited with us, your friends! And I dont wanna sound preachy but ehm *points finger and sticks out tongue* Told you so! Smile
Aweng
Aweng

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 am

DKs have morals and personality according to lore, as seen in Mograine and especially Thassarian. People are just idiots and do not understand this because they want to be evil badasses.

And no, Cal, they probably have not read my guide, since the only place I've posted it is on DefiasRP. Razz

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:49 am

I don't think one day is an appropriate time-measure to judge a realm...

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrakha Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:08 am

Death Knights are a common problem when it comes to RP-elitism.

People try to ramp up the angst and unpleasantness to a ludicrous degree, beyond anything that even the rather hyper-dramatically written lore warrants, and then insist that anyone who doesn't RP a DK EXACTLY like they do is doing it wrong.

Given what you experienced, I suspect that you may have fallen foul of a particularly poisonous bunch (whose names escape me at the moment) who I ran into originally on Ravenholt. A very noisy and intrusive bunch of Alliance RPers who dominated Alliance RP on that server with their clique, and then showed up on Argent Dawn to impose their views on anyone who would listen.

Regardless, welcome back home.
Thrakha
Thrakha

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 am

DB 4 Life
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:56 am

[quote="Calithildes"*points finger and sticks out tongue* Told you so! Smile[/quote]

this many times!! im glad you have returned !! you made shentins life worth unliving lol.. but she did get a promotion out of your absence *nods* and indeed IM glad you have returned!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:19 am

Well welcome back then.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:30 am

*Stops digging a grave and throws away the shovel* Ya... welcome back... i Was just making a- a--- ... A backyard pool, Yes that is what it is.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:59 am

I really want to go on there and RP everything they hate just to see the whispers!

A fun, caring and loveable Death Knight who feeds his runeblade with joy and good health.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:14 am

Amaryl wrote:I don't think one day is an appropriate time-measure to judge a realm...

One day however is plenty of time to measure your experiences during said day, and to decide wether you want to risk going through another day of that.

Welcome back though!
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:30 am

Vaell wrote:I really want to go on there and RP everything they hate just to see the whispers!

A fun, caring and loveable Death Knight who feeds his runeblade with joy and good health.

Then you grab the closest whiner, pull him close, give him the mad man stare and say "It's the only thing that stops the screaming."
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:30 am

I have to do this to you Dawn, I really have to and you will take it.

I TOLD YOU SO!
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 am

RP IS FUN!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Gogol wrote:Well welcome back then.

Hear the beard.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:30 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:RP IS FUN!
Flee to horde side. The Shatterskull Marauders are the most fun bunch I've encountered so far, and they're always recruiting!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Catari Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:32 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:RP IS FUN!
Flee to horde side. The Shatterskull Marauders are the most fun bunch I've encountered so far, and they're always recruiting!

Recruiting from the evil side... Good work! *feeds erwtenpeller a cookie*
Catari
Catari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrakha Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Yes....yesss....your journey to the Orcside is almost complete.
Thrakha
Thrakha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next