Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corin's Crossing; an invitation.

2 posters

Go down

Corin's Crossing; an invitation. Empty Corin's Crossing; an invitation.

Post by Althaløs Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:18 pm

IC: (( This is yet to happen.))

*A sealed envelope is slipped beneath the doors of the houses amidst Westfall and Darkshire. An old parchment lies within, written upon it the following text in an elegant handwriting.*

Be wary, child, of Plaguelands plain...
Be mindful, child, of the infected grain...
For if throat is parched and of infected water sip...
Forever your soul will be in cursed Scourge grip.
So heed this warning, child, and if far from mother stray...
Let light from home's hearth guide you back your way.
- Nursery Rhyme

Behold the words, which guides shackled minds,
Behold the words, which blind enlightened eyes.
If one rejects confined lands, where inferiority reigns and mandates,
Then may one tread upon old lands, of presumed misery and dismay.
Where roads meet and end,
Your mortal lives shall linger and ascend.

OOC:

Greetings. I hope this day bids you all well.

So I had this idea for a while, and I thought I'd post it here to hear everyone's thoughts about it. As you would all know, Corin's Crossing is a town controlled by the Cult of the Damned in Eastern Plaguelands. There is a quest which allows players to obtain an item which makes one wear a cultist outfit, and respectively become friendly with all the undead and cultists around; which is like a RP dream come true for my guild.

For a while, we thought of using the place to create RP and we have a certain idea which could help in doing that and even promote northern RP. Basically, in the past, the cult attempted to influence individuals slowly with a disguised agenda and instill in them their ideals and scourge propaganda to try to draw them into the servitude of the Lich King. We’d try to do the same thing, by opening a haven and inviting the like-minded individuals and those with a threshold of interest in our ideas and what we offer.

We’d hold weekly events, where we would try to invite those interested individuals with a hidden agenda, and whether along the road you will submit or not, is completely up to the character. Of course, as I do not want to force anyone into a RP they do not wish for, I'll say that getting involved with this will obviously get you involved with the Cult; whether ICly you’d be influenced by us or not, there will be RP revolving around that. But we won’t have a drastic consequence to those whom refuse to fully side with us – we will allow people to walk away if our true agenda unfolds and they do not agree with it, but as I said, there will be RP revolving around that.

What I like about this is that it could draw the evil RPers together, and perhaps hold weekly events like sermons such as those great light community people do but instead talk about darker matters - we’d talk about necromancy, shadow magic, flaws of mortality and religious dogmas, etc!

Despite the possibility of people having different “ideas” they believe in, I think cultists or like-minded individuals would agree on discussing topics which goes against their foes, about power, magic and so on. And maybe if the Cult’s true agenda unfolds, and people are seperated by their beliefs again, someone would notice the importance of such a unity and start holding such gatherings somewhere else for those interested?

So to put things in points:
- This is an anonymous invitation to interested like-minded (to an extent of course) individuals despite having different perspectives on life, religion, magic. Banished people, outlaws, criminals, and so on would be welcomed. It is an invitation to a haven where seemingly there is no form of confinement of potential and mind.

- It would be primarily a weekly event, where dark sermons or lectures will be held about dark topics such as magic which is frowned up, discussing the frailty of religious beliefs, and so on. Being open minded to the extreme, so to speak.

- Other than holding such sermons, it’s a haven where we can practice dark magic freely, perhaps even hold events about them; creating an abomination, attempting to devise a plague, shadow magic and so on.

- And this is all part of a hidden agenda for the cult (the influencing and so on), and could unfold or not which leads to people separating or not. But even with this hidden agenda, perhaps other people would be joining this for their own inner desires? Joining for their own agendas and to fulfill their own gains?

This is kind of my first time doing something like this, so I hope I said everything I had in mind coherently and in its full scope. But please do ask questions or correct me if I’m doing something wrong.

Anyways, the cult will hopefully hold such gathering upon a weekly basis as they try to recruit people from amidst the cities, but I’m just wondering how far this can go and how many people can get involved. And would love to hear people’s thoughts about this, etc.

Thank you for taking your time to read this!

P.S: A date for the first gathering (whether it will be only for potential cult recruits or those whom are just interested in joining in on this RP) will be decided after things are finalized. And to gain the outfit which allows one to become friendly with the mobs in Corin's Crossing requires the characters to be level 37 to gain the quests (which are really easy to do) and more details will be added about that further on.
And bear in mind, one does not to have the quest outfit to come along and RP. If one can not/does not want to acquire it, they would still be welcome to come along and RP. We could provide a RP gear (which would be given ICly most likely, similiar to the quest outfit, if one arrives in normal clothing and wishes to change) that would be fitting for the gathering and theme if needed as well.

Last edited by Althaløs on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Just forgot to add in a important note.)
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Corin's Crossing; an invitation. Empty Re: Corin's Crossing; an invitation.

Post by Jemerick Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:50 pm

The ideas about what to do there is great, but the layer of people who would be able to have the requirement is thin, in my opinion, concidering a lot of people like to lvl in Plaguelands from my experiance. Maybe i misunderstood it; but do you expect everyone wishing to attend to get the item, or ones can participate without the outfit?
Characters with at least +10 lvl above the requirement doesn't aggro from too close. Would such people be allowed to go as well?
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Althaløs Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Ah, yes of course. Sorry, should have been more clearer about that. But yes, those who do not/can not acquire the outfit can attend as well.

The outfit is just a supplementary tool for those whom wish to/can gain it to become friendly with all the hostile NPCs around Corin's Crossing. But if one does not/can not acquire the outfit, they are still most welcome to come along and RP.

And if needed, we can provide a RP gear ICly upon a character's arrival if they wish for something to wear that would be fitting for the gathering and theme.
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down