Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Alliance] 28th Of this month (Friday night/saturday morning)

+6
Ixirar
Kettin
Kristeas Sunbinder
Ralegh
Drustai
Aluvielle
10 posters

Go down

[Alliance] 28th Of this month (Friday night/saturday morning) Empty [Alliance] 28th Of this month (Friday night/saturday morning)

Post by Aluvielle Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:04 am

A lot of RPers are fantastic PVP'ers and PVE'ers, that said, i am organising [For the Alliance] at 0400 Friday night/Saturday morning.

I formally invite you to stand at the side of the Sovereign Guards and bring some pain to the Horde, get yourselves the mount and the rest of it.

To the Horde Guilds who are reading this - i would very much appreciate it if you could not intefere or alert others about this, it would be nice to have the RPers come together and show the rest of the server that we are pretty badass.

To avoid alerting the Hordies about our forthcoming incursion we will be hitting Orgrimmar first, and hard. We dont want to let the know we are attacking the rest of the cities one by one, or they will be fully prepared to defend that ugly Orc swine.

Muster your strength!! For the Alliance!

(Whisper Shakiri or my alt Míchéal, funny i, funny e - or post back a reply on this post, let me know if you bloodlusting maniacs are interested)
Aluvielle
Aluvielle

Back to top Go down

[Alliance] 28th Of this month (Friday night/saturday morning) Empty Re: [Alliance] 28th Of this month (Friday night/saturday morning)

Post by Drustai Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:05 am

If you didn't want to alert the Horde, you shouldn't have posted. A Bunch of Campers regularly reads this forum, you know.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

[Alliance] 28th Of this month (Friday night/saturday morning) Empty Re: [Alliance] 28th Of this month (Friday night/saturday morning)

Post by Ralegh Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:08 am

Shakiri wrote: To the Horde Guilds who are reading this - i would very much appreciate it if you could not intefere or alert others about this, it would be nice to have the RPers come together and show the rest of the server that we are pretty badass.
So to show of that your badass you want people to actually avoid fighting back?
If your pretty badass shouldn't you be able to just stomp anybody in your way into the ground?
If i have the time to be on at this time ill be on my orc Shaman protecting the warchief....
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:28 am

Shakiri wrote:To the Horde Guilds who are reading this - i would very much appreciate it if you could not intefere or alert others about this, it would be nice to have the RPers come together and show the rest of the server that we are pretty badass.

Um....what's exactly roleplay about having no opposition apart from npcs? You roleplaying that the whole of Orgrimmar is away on a picnic? Man/nelf/worgen/gnome/dwarf-up and roleplay as intended!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:31 am

*throws in 5 copper*

This could be a distraction and they are going to hit TB first.

You roleplaying that the whole of Orgrimmar is away on a picnic?

I doubt they'd roleplay do the achievement.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:19 am

Ezlbag wrote:
Shakiri wrote: To the Horde Guilds who are reading this - i would very much appreciate it if you could not intefere or alert others about this, it would be nice to have the RPers come together and show the rest of the server that we are pretty badass.
So to show of that your badass you want people to actually avoid fighting back?
If your pretty badass shouldn't you be able to just stomp anybody in your way into the ground?
If i have the time to be on at this time ill be on my orc Shaman protecting the warchief....

This is the first thing that came into my head as well. :S I also have to say that oggy is normally pritty good at picking up an attacking raid very early regardless of them knowing about it way before hand.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:32 am

"We're pretty badass so we'll go do the PVP achievement please don't PVP us we want an easy time"...

Somehow I hope ABoC stomps this...
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Borian Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:43 am

Not to sound like a rude douchbag or anything, but really, putting this out the same day as we have a big WPvP Event in Twilight Highlands. I don't know if you attended to the last WPvP event in Elwyn, but a bunch people decided to go do "For the alliance", and destroyed prettey much the whole event by doing so as one or two raids left. So, putting out two WPvP events the same day... I highly disapprove this.
Borian
Borian

Character sheet
Name: Borian / Gohman
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:02 am

There is a pretty big difference in time though. 4 am.. shouldn't conflict too much, I hope, considering the World of War event is at 20:30.

I think it's good to see some initiative being taken in the matter. I wouldn't blow it off with so much doubts and negatives, really.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:12 am

I agree, it's a great initiative but "For the Horde/Alliance" is not meant to be a PvE achievement, it's a PvP one therefore expected you meet player resistance and not just kill NPCs.

I'd be there with whatever Thorns I could muster (certainly at UC and Silvermoon) if I didn't have an early start Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:45 am

Sooo... you picked a crazy start time, likely to limit resistance and then asked the horde to not get involved?

As much as I'd like to get the achievement for this, I wouldn't want to do it with little to no effort involved.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluvielle Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:31 pm

I can see a lot of negativaty here, which i wasnt frankly expecting.

The WPVP event on the same day is not likely to run until 0400 - so your comment is invalid as JP said.

I was hoping that the RP community as a whole may wish to envolve themselves to get it done since the resistance in Orgrimmar is usually pretty sensational, a little bit of mutual respect between the horde and alliance RPers. Was not expecting the vast majority of you to see an oppertunity like this and scoff.

And yes, as many of you have pointed out, i used the words "Please try not to alert them" and "Badass" in the same paragraph - i had forgotten how faceious a lot of you can be. My intention was to involve the RP community in trying to get a rather difficult acheivment by working together; becuase frankly at 0400, there will still be stiff resistance.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments as above. Please consider the invitation withdrawn and the event closed for all purposes.
Aluvielle
Aluvielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:41 pm

M'yeah, these responses weren't the finest example of what the RP community can be like. I was a little surprised too.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:51 pm

The combination feels a bit like, for example that a combination of Tauren and Forsaken forces wants to invade Goldshire for IC purposes of showing their strenght but then asking for people to stay away.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:54 pm

I'm not saying it was the best idea, but there was nothing IC about it - just a suggestion for those Alliance people who wanted to get together to do the achievement to do so. I rather doubt I would care if Horde RPers wanted to do the same in the middle of the night in Stormwind.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:25 pm

Such hostility to criticism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:38 pm

I think it comes down to faction pride. We Horde are generally very proud fighters and I would say we have more rp'ers that PvP than the Alliance do, from my experience.

I can't let an attack go on my faction leader, be it IC or OOC. Vile Thorn would have to defend Sylvanas from attack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:06 pm

Perturbo wrote:Such hostility to criticism.

Second this.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:13 pm

There's a difference between polite criticism and dickish criticism. In this thread, there was some of both.

Anyway, thread seems to have served its purpose so I'll be locking it now.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down