Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H]Rising Cloud Protectors(Pandaren-Only)

+11
Seranita
Salketh
Zouyo
Demurral
Diederich
Gesh
Iriel Silversong
Ralegh
Thelos
erwtenpeller
Xen-tau
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[H]Rising Cloud Protectors(Pandaren-Only) Empty [H]Rising Cloud Protectors(Pandaren-Only)

Post by Xen-tau Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:47 am

Rising Cloud Protectors

And as more and more information starts to be available, I decided to create a Pandaren guild. Why? Because I absolutely love the Pandaren. However, this remains a draft, and this will just a draft for everyone to discuss and correct as more information becomes available. My future character Mao’teng Swiftbrew will be the one starting this guild on day one, and yes… it is Pandaren only! Why? Because Pandaren are awesome.

And I started this early with looking for dedicated new Pandaren, because I still need a guildcharter to fill in.

Story:
- To be announced/made- (This because there is little known about pandaren after the Third War).

Alignment:
Horde/Neutral.

Type of guild:
Military, with a little twist. They do not attack anyone “because they are Alliance”, they will defend their homeland and aid their friends, but as Pandaren live in the now they might be somewhat slow. They aide their allies with wisdom and beer, and only when they think it is a noble cause they will fight with the Horde. But there will be ranks, training and all, but there will also be study of foreign cultures and debates about the meaning of life(as Pandaren should!)

Base of Operations:
The guild will most likely be located in Mulgore, Eversong Woods the Western Plaguelands, where there is enough nature, and not too much conflict around us.

Ranks:
Brewmaster (Head of the guild)
Officer
Representative/Sub-officer
Monk/Swordsman/Magician
Apprentice

Everyone starts out as an apprentice, but you can always grow in it. Every Pandaren in the guild is supported in achieving wisdom, strength and harmony in his or her own way. If the Pandaren want to study the honor of the Orcs, it is supported to explore the rest of the world and remain with the orcs. To grow in rank, you need to show that you strive to improve those values. These things will ofcourse be RP'ed out, and as goes with any military rank, you have to get permission to do so.

Beliefs:
Believers of the Houjin philosophy (Houjin is a belief that inaction is the greatest injustice, and that there is no shame in defending one's homes and loved ones regardless of cost).

Friends/allies:
We would love to befriend other Horde races, as well as the Pandaren-Only guild for the Alliance.

Enlist:
http://forum.risingcloudprotectors.eu

Last edited by Aishling on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 6 times in total
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

[H]Rising Cloud Protectors(Pandaren-Only) Empty Re: [H]Rising Cloud Protectors(Pandaren-Only)

Post by Xen-tau Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:48 am

Edit:
23/03: I inserted a bit about progressing in the guild. I added two new ranks as well, and I wrote down a few possibilities as base of operations.

Ideas:
I heard the idea of traveling around the world, which sounds like fun but I am not sure if it limits the "freedom of movement" for all Pandaren(if you leave the group to go on your own expedition, it would be weird if you found the group back IC).

Interested:
Thelos(A)
Delidah
Diederich
Ezlbag

Last edited by Aishling on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 8 times in total
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

[H]Rising Cloud Protectors(Pandaren-Only) Empty Re: [H]Rising Cloud Protectors(Pandaren-Only)

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Structuring a pandaren guild as a military organisation is missing some opportunities, I think. They're not quite a warfare-centric race.

This thing is way too premature and doomed to fail as of now. At least wait for a release date.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Delidah wrote:
This thing is way too premature and doomed to fail as of now. At least wait for a release date.

Though I agee with Delidah that it is way too soon to be making registry posts, I do want to point out that I am supremely interested in exploring Pandaren roleplay in the future, though I will most likely be rolling an Alliance pandaren, rather than a Horde toon.

So, write my name down on the list, if there is any, and keep me updated.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Ji Firepaw, a follower of the more direct Houjin philosophy, is adamant that inaction is the greatest injustice. He holds that it’s honorable to defend home and family no matter the cost. Outgoing, passionate, and not one for deep thought, he is always the first into the fray. Ji finds himself attracted to the scrappy practicality that defines the Horde. Although it will cost him dearly, he will decide to carry the Horde banner when he leaves the Wandering Isle.

The Shado-pan

* The Shado-pan are the most elite warriors of the Pandaren society and they understand the threat of the Sha.

Pandarean seem like they can be pretty war focused to me!
They also seemed to have wiped out the mogu at some point so trying to paint them as people who never fight but just serve drinks seems weird to me.

I mean... http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/march/horde_pandaren_concept.jpg
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Put my name down!
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Diversity isn't a bad thing. You can play both - or one of the two! We'll see how these principles develop trough roleplay. That's why I think it is somewhat foolish to start brainstorming about potential guilds before you even start roleplaying. I'd prefer a guild to flow naturally from us roleplaying and exploring Pandaren interacting with another, rather than the other way around. No reason to enforce ideals that will be flawed by definition (since as Delidah said, we have precious little information to work with) on to our future roleplay.

I'll be around, though, and I'll be keeping both my furry ears and black beady eyes open!

Last edited by Thelos on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Mmpph.. perhaps put my name down for now ;3
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Delidah wrote:You only need one side. The bartending side. The quest of the guild is to have every bar on azeroth regularly tended by an army of pandaren men and woman.
I'm totally gonna make this happen. xD

So yes. Color me interested.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:21 pm

I don't think much good will come of forming a good as either neutral/horde! So i advise picking one, but they could be in the horde itself and be incredibly neutral to the point when they will only take action if they believe it to be a just and rightful cause. Something that could be promoted by the Tauren and disapproved by other races /coughundead.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:04 pm

My goal is to roleplay the definitive Pandaren sage. This has been my strategy with Thelos also: with him, I wanted to roleplay the definitive Draenei Anchorite. Thankfully, I haven't quite succeeded, and the many interactions I've had formed and molded the character into what he is now. So with that in mind, I have a similar starting point or status-quo for my Pandaren monk.

Panfuscius (working name) will likely be an old, cooky, epicurean lecher. The kind of True Neutral sensei who messes with you as much he enlightens you. You never know what he might ask in exchange for his wisdom. When the master is hungry, a simple candy bar might suffice. When you're a particularily attractive lady, he might ask you for your panties! Wax on, wax off; is this another lesson, or is he pulling your leg and just mooching off of your wealth and good will? Right at the point that you start considering that this Pandaren master might just be conning you, you start to realise that the hedonistic zanyness is the Pandaren awnser to the question of life. His pilgrimage is to pass out in every bar on Azeroth and beyond, and you're all invited. So come and all, join us for a few beers, have a laugh, dance a little - You'll need to be tranquil and cheery when you face your Sha.

So yes, probably something of a blend of several unholy types like:

Master Miyagi!

Spoiler:

Master Roshi!

Spoiler:

Jiraiya!

Spoiler:

And many, many more examples you and I can probably think of. It's quite the lovable trope. Now all I need to an arrogant kung-fu guy leading a rival school, and we can have ourselves some truly classical cheesy showdowns.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Diederich Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Looks great! Will definitely get my pandaren in.
Diederich
Diederich

Character sheet
Name: Diederich Roland Northcliffe
Title: Shadow Priest

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Thelos wrote:
Master Miyagi!

Spoiler:

Master Roshi!

Spoiler:

Jiraiya!

Spoiler:

Don't you dare forget this motherfucker:
Click to have your mind blown:
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:36 am

I have thought about it being "too early", or that this is even the right place to start this.

The reason I already started with this is that I am sure quite some more information about the Pandaren will come. The Beta Tests(lvl 1 - 10) have started, so that's a start for now. I wanted to set this up and look for the most dedicated persons to start this with me.

I think there is something we can work with now, enough to show what kind of guild it will be and what is possible with it.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:49 am

Honestly, sign me up, ill also provide any info i can on lore etc as soon as my beta pops up
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:29 am

Okay.. so I have enough characters as it is! I'm trying to cut down for Pandaria, but I will no doubt need to try a panda-man just for the sake of seeing the animations, doing the quests and general exploration of it in RP. I'm gonna go with warrior as it's the only class I haven't really played and I bet they look pretty epic in plate.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:03 am

If the stream of Pandaren information continues to impress and inspire me as it has now, odds are I'm going to want to invest heavily in getting quality Pandaren roleplaying off the ground, Alliance side.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 am

Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:09 am

I think there is potential in RP just with the two philosophys. Does anyone know that played the bèta how the two react to one another? Is the difference too big to be friends or are theyike: "You believe this, and I believe that. Let us drink as allies".
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:11 am

Aishling wrote:I think there is potential in RP just with the two philosophys. Does anyone know that played the bèta how the two react to one another? Is the difference too big to be friends or are theyike: "You believe this, and I believe that. Let us drink as allies".

I believe the latter is probably the more Pandaren mindset.

Anyhow, by the looks of things, I might be more interested in playing a neutral Pandaren, rather than "blue or red" Pandaren. Probably some cooky reclusive monk from a mountaintop monestary.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:48 pm

I'm definitely interested Smile
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:13 pm

From the beta videos so far, and the quest text talking between the two characters Ji and Anya or whatever her name is, they are friends (kinda) even though they follow different paths.
Kinda makes me wonder about my own panda guild and how it may interact with your own Aish Smile
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:16 pm

It just means Imma have to level two identical pandas. *epic sigh*
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Grek'thar/Takarius wrote:From the beta videos so far, and the quest text talking between the two characters Ji and Anya or whatever her name is, they are friends (kinda) even though they follow different paths.
Kinda makes me wonder about my own panda guild and how it may interact with your own Aish Smile

Yes, sounds like alot of fun to try to create a balance between us two, but I am sure we will find our way. If I have to read up on what you write, I am assuming you are more focussed on the Horde than I am, yours is more Horde affilated, and I strive to defend Pandaria more(which will be somewhat troubling in RP as it is a 85+ zone, but still!).

That ofcourse does not mean we cannot work together, in fact. I'd like us to work closely together to create two guilds that are equal fun, yet entirely different. ^^
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:40 pm

Indeed Aishling Smile As for Pandaria, whereas your going about defending it martially, mines trying to ease the Horde into it and minimise the damage (even though we all know that its going to get fecked to hell xD )
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next