Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion regarding IC resurrections

+18
Kittrina
Morinth
Rmuffn
Ledgic
Lorainne/Bridlington
erwtenpeller
Ishap/Virock
Amaryl
Sullee Swiftspeech
Thelos
Kettin
Drustai
Destiny
Kristeas Sunbinder
Nessra Sunwhisper
Lexgrad
Seranita
Salketh
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Discussion regarding IC resurrections Empty Discussion regarding IC resurrections

Post by Salketh Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Ive always seen ressurection as a grey area in WoW. For me, if you die in WoW, your spirit moves on. However, I would imagine that if you manage to ressurect somebody, perhaps up to two minutes after dying, then you might be able to catch the spirit before it leaves the body fully. Or, when the person is beyond usual healing and nearly dead, but has just a few seconds left before they are 'dead'.

For me that works in my head anyway. But being ressurected anything more than twenty minutes after death? Nah, I would see that the soul has passed on by then.

Mod edit: This discussion continues here so as not to derail this thread Wink
Salketh
Salketh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Discussion regarding IC resurrections Empty Re: Discussion regarding IC resurrections

Post by Seranita Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:52 pm

but what is the soul is trapped betweenw worlds wandering the nether as an insane wraith unable to move on?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Discussion regarding IC resurrections Empty Re: Discussion regarding IC resurrections

Post by Lexgrad Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:28 pm

I would say... if your char wants any res other than an instant one then you need to make some plans now, rather than after death. If you can secure your soul is safe in the mortal realm then Res's are easier. After a short amount of time you can not be res'd with light/life magic ad will have to become undead.

However if the soul is secured then posession is open to you.

However you decide to do it I strongly suggest you make fear of death apart of your RP and make your search to avoid it as apart of it. And bear in mind most methods will not bring you back exactly as you left.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:31 pm

I've killed off a few characters when I got utterly bored of them and decided to get a namechange or migrated them to some other server.
My character slots on defias are full again, and I kind of want to level moar toons... so possibly at some point I'm going to ask someone to kill one of my toons before I migrate it to some other RP server cherry
I'll keep an eye on this topic!
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:33 pm

I will kill Nessra for you. I love you
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Pfft, not her!
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Salketh Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Monrena wrote:but what is the soul is trapped betweenw worlds wandering the nether as an insane wraith unable to move on?

I would call it, transition phase.
Salketh
Salketh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Noko/Keishara wrote:Ive always seen ressurection as a grey area in WoW. For me, if you die in WoW, your spirit moves on. However, I would imagine that if you manage to ressurect somebody, perhaps up to two minutes after dying, then you might be able to catch the spirit before it leaves the body fully. Or, when the person is beyond usual healing and nearly dead, but has just a few seconds left before they are 'dead'.

For me that works in my head anyway. But being ressurected anything more than twenty minutes after death? Nah, I would see that the soul has passed on by then.

The two (2) ressurections that I have seen and my character has been involved in has lead to his ic "Ressurection Psychosis" theory. Both went nuts/changed behavior, no proof they were like that before.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:56 pm

I have a character that's supposed to die sometime.. If there's an insane murder that wish to boost their reputation, i'll be more than happy to help.. Smile
Destiny
Destiny

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Blake
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Resurrection is canon. It should not be done lightly, however. For one, it requires the spirit to -want- to come back. If the spirit does not want to come back, resurrection is impossible.

Secondly, it requires the spirit to still be in transition, while it is still in the spirit realm rather than having moved on. That transition state can be a very long time, though, as seen by the many ghosts that still wander around years after their deaths. The length of transition depends on just how accepting the soul is of their deaths. The more accepting of death that the individual was, the shorter the transition, while those who cling to life will stay around for quite some time.

In other words: Resurrections are not consistent. It depends heavily on the individual. It may work years after death for some, while for others it won't work even immediately after death.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:01 pm

hmm indeed I was merly curious on that.. does that mean there is even after all this time a slim slim chance of charesia being braught back? o.O tecnicaly speeking of corse...
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Drustai wrote:Resurrection is canon. It should not be done lightly, however. For one, it requires the spirit to -want- to come back. If the spirit does not want to come back, resurrection is impossible.

Unless it is a Necromancer. There have been V few with the strengh of spirit to resist a Necromancers "gifts" (Think Uther like strengh.)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Monrena wrote:hmm indeed I was merly curious on that.. does that mean there is even after all this time a slim slim chance of charesia being braught back? o.O tecnicaly speeking of corse...

If still lingering as a spirit, yes.

I don't recommend it, though. Canon and possible they may be, don't revive a character just because you liked the character. Only revive them if it makes sense from a story perspective. For Dru, for example, I have a couple of limits on the potential of future resurrection. Namely this: It must be done by a player, with IC reasoning. No random NPC resurrections.

Lexgrad wrote:
Drustai wrote:Resurrection is canon. It should not be done lightly, however. For one, it requires the spirit to -want- to come back. If the spirit does not want to come back, resurrection is impossible.

Unless it is a Necromancer. There have been V few with the strengh of spirit to resist a Necromancers "gifts" (Think Uther like strengh.)

Depends. Undeath? That will drag the spirit back down unwillingly, yes. Necromantic 'proper' resurrection, however (like Dru did to Jarric)? It might be more 'demanding' than priestly resurrection, but I'd say the spirit would still have a chance to resist it if it wishes. This is mainly because I don't think it should ever be a 'perfect' chance... it should be up to the other player to accept the resurrection, so there has to be a way for it to fail.

Last edited by Drustai on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:09 pm

No roast chicken in the here after... Jarric stays.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Drustai wrote:
Monrena wrote:hmm indeed I was merly curious on that.. does that mean there is even after all this time a slim slim chance of charesia being braught back? o.O tecnicaly speeking of corse...

If still lingering as a spirit, yes.

I don't recommend it, though. Canon and possible they may be, don't revive a character just because you liked the character. Only revive them if it makes sense from a story perspective. For Dru, for example, I have a couple of limits on the potential of future resurrection. Namely this: It must be done by a player, with IC reasoning. No random NPC resurrections.

oh of corse would never just have her spawn back like that.. wheres the fun in that.. no there was only ever one insane madman that drove shia to madness its likley him if he learns how that would try this.. he proved himself cacable in spirit manipulation beffor.. so.. depends on that i suppose Razz
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Meh, I like once dead stay dead. As much as I enjoyed RPing on Dreth, the dudes gone and wont be comming back alive.

(I may on occasion haunt the Pig and whistle ofc Wink )
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:19 pm

hehe indeed
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Salketh Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:35 pm

I dont know if I could ever bring my characters back, even if it was canon. Just think they would go insane, i know I would personally :l
Salketh
Salketh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:14 pm

My lock brought some one back with the help of another and alot of work. But what you bring back is not fully what you remember. If I was to bring back a char from death he or she would gain a major flaw or disadvantage of some sort.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Flumi wrote:My lock brought some one back with the help of another and alot of work. But what you bring back is not fully what you remember. If I was to bring back a char from death he or she would gain a major flaw or disadvantage of some sort.

Totally agree. Undeath aint fun XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:30 pm

I think it rather nice for char development if u get brought back and pick up some horrible flaw :O
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Flumi wrote:I think it rather nice for char development if u get brought back and pick up some horrible flaw :O

Agree with this totally.

Jarric now has a stutter, tho that might be due to brain damnage. I might yet RP something shadowy coating his soul to give the scarlets... Faithful some big game to hunt.

Last edited by Lexgrad on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Agreed, it's never free. Typically, the price is the loss of a level or Stamina (going by the WoW D20 rulings), so weaker power, perhaps some forgotten memories, and greater fatigue. IC-wise, one could consider it like a bit of the soul is getting 'left behind' with each resurrection. That's going to cause some problems.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:41 pm

I like it Very Happy. It was a mage my lock brought back she had to have a new face stiched on since the one on her body was well no good and she pritty much was forced into the power of frost.

Or you char can end up like this Discussion regarding IC resurrections Fiction_voldemort
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:42 pm

That's what you get for defiling the sanctity of the Light's domain!

*Hisses*

Of course, a proper ressurection trough divine means would never cause the ressurected any suffering. How could it?

In any case, when in doubt, the rules of drama reign supreme. If it's dramatically convenient to bring a character back from the dead if, say, people depend on the character for a plot, it wouldn't be much of a hassle. I wouldn't bring just about any character back for any arbitrary reason, though. And definately not off-screen (or off-panel, take your pick) and outside of the narrative. The deceased love ones going on a quest to ressurect the dearly departed has enough stuff in it to make for good and fun plots on its own merits as well!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next