Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of Legends thread

+25
Dharum
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Fortesgue
Borian
Nithel
Unknown
Muzjhath
Tso/Feloreth
Ralegh
Ave/Sariella
Chase - Esou
Vaell
Shaelyssa
Eodan
Eowale
Ixirar
Quin
Timna
Seranita
Sanara
Nifty
Lyniath
Morinth
Rmuffn
Lavian
29 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

League of Legends thread Empty League of Legends thread

Post by Lavian Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Since this seems to have a discussion of its own, feel free to focus all that here. I should have in honesty done this much sooner.

Dominion seems to be fun, enjoyed bashing it as Wukong but seems they changed the "free champs". Sad
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

League of Legends thread Empty Re: League of Legends thread

Post by Rmuffn Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Eira wrote:Since this seems to have a discussion of its own, feel free to focus all that here. I should have in honesty done this much sooner.

Dominion seems to be fun, enjoyed bashing it as Wukong but seems they changed the "free champs". Sad

They rotate every tuesday night.

Free Rotation Champions. So you can try everyone out.

A newly released champion is often in the week after's free rotation.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Dominion <3 I play Twitch on Domi, he's one of my favourite all time champions. Razz And he's really good!
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:57 pm

I haven't played in ages. Mori, c'mon!
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Faralan wrote:A newly released champion is often in the week after's free rotation.

It's 2 rotations later that new champs become available, Riot wants their cash!
Nifty
Nifty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:22 pm

I tried Dominion after the rotation as Garen. Third game of Dominion ever, why the fuck do people expect you to be a hardcore know it all and yell report when you're new to such a system and say you are? Jesus.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Eira wrote:I tried Dominion after the rotation as Garen. Third game of Dominion ever, why the fuck do people expect you to be a hardcore know it all and yell report when you're new to such a system and say you are? Jesus.

I guess because it's not new to them anymore and they don't see further than "me".
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Yeah more or less the feeling I get. Oh well Nifty and I won both our dominion matches, Double aoe'ed like fuck.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Still waiting to get in.

It's been "undefined" "unavailable" and "busy" all day for me. :S And many others apparently.
It's up now, but with log in queue. D:
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:43 pm

I don't know if it's just me, but I really hate Dominion.

It's rather obvious it'll never be proper balanced since the game is still made for Summoner's Rift but I don't mind that so much, just pick Jax and hurr di durr all over the place and you're good to go, but I guess I don't feel as rewarded for the on-your-feet PvP-intensive style of Dominion as I do making a few long-term choices in Summoner's Rift to secure a solid win. It's kinda why I like Team Fortress 2 more than Modern Warfare/Battlefield, maybe.

And maybe I'm deluding myself with nostalgia, but it feels like people bitch a lot more in Dominion than the other maps <.<
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:58 am

yeah im not such a fan of dominion eather.. give me rift wth sona any day! i usualy team up with the current matches tank.. we as a pair face roll most competision XD
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:00 am

I dunno if its just me, but I see dominion as a nice way to get some quick points so I can buy the champions I want. Since the games are quicker anyway heh.

Also who would be up for some games in the near future? I'm currently enjoying Sona.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:16 am

I adore Sona. I main Sona, but I've gotten seriously into Morgana, and previously Leona.

Ahri nerf quicker plx!
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:22 am

yeah i use the goth skin for sona thow!!! love that tight leather corset!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:25 am

I'm thinking of picking up Leona next.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:38 am

It is because the community of lol is cancerous. 95% of the players are complete cuntbags and should be treated as such.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:20 am

Eira wrote:I'm thinking of picking up Leona next.

Probably my favourite tank char, and my third favourite female character (Right after Morgana and Kayle) in terms of characterization. Too bad I suck with her D:

I'll have to stick to der hurrdurr tanking with Morde or going all out Chogzilla.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:26 am

Oh my god I love playing against AP Carries as early game renekton.. 100 fury W Q and they're completely dead <3
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:04 am

Played two games with the missus last night before she went to bed. Went fairly way, I have to say.

League of Legends thread Kennen11

Quin wrote:It is because the community of lol is cancerous. 95% of the players are complete cuntbags and should be treated as such.
Yeah, atleast on EU Nordic-East. It's filled with shitty russians and polish who can't even comprehend the meaning of "English". And when you ask them -not- to speak their language cause the rest can't understand, they yell "OMG RACIST, I REPORT U!".
Don't even get me started on the ones that only play the OP champions, christ. You should have seen the shitstorm on the forums when Ahri's ultimate and Vladimir overall was getting nerfed.
"OMG, I WONT BE ABLE TO GET QUADRA KILL AT LEVEL 6 ANYMORE q_q"
"WTF, I WONT BE ABLE TO DOMINATE EARLY- AND MIDGAME ANYMORE!"
Lategame Vladimir wrecks anyone cause he fucked everyone over early- and midgame, which got him a free farm and a few early kills, meaning, he's unkillable.
Early game Rylai's, Warmog's and Will of the Ancients, gg surrender at 20.

Tbfh, Im happy that Ahri got a nerf. Her ultimate is like Kassadin on fucking steroids and crack. If you compare her to the other AP carries, her ultimate is strong as all hell.
Vladimir's ultimate is 120 second fully upgraded.
Cassiopeia's ultimate is 110 seconds fully upgraded.
Karthus' ultimate is 120 seconds fully upgraded.
Malzahar's ultimate is 80 seconds fully upgraded.
Morgana's ultimate is 100 seconds fully upgraded
Kennen's ultimate is 120 seconds through all the levels.

Ahri's ultimate has a -70- second cooldown fully upgraded. At level six, it has 90 seconds cooldown, which is less than most of the other of the champs at full level.
Malzahar's I can understand why it's such a low cooldown. It goes after one target, surpressing it and deals 550 damage over time (with a high AP scaling, 130% of his AP), but the ultimate leaves him total vulnerable to other attacks and to interrupts.
While Malzahar stands still with his ulti, Ahri's fire nine bolts, dealing 180 per hit (total 1620, at level 18 without any extra AP, stacks with +30% of her total AP), splitting up between champions (or just hit on one incase she's ganking) and she gets three free flash during that time. Not only that, but compared to Malz, she can actually use her other spells, such as Fox-Fire (which is just a 5 seconds cooldown at level 18 with no CDR included), Orb of Deception (which deals true-damage on the way back +33% of her AP both forward and back, fucking joke) and if she hits her Charm spell ontop of that, she can use a full damage OoD, F-F and her ultimate to kill a champion in a few seconds. No, she doesn't even need her ultimate. She can just place ignite after that, walk away slowly and placing on sunglasses when the enemy champion explodes with a 'fuckyeah.jpg' face. Not only that but with her passive (Essence Theft) and if she has Will of the Ancients, she just spellsteals her health back up, making her nearly as unkillable as Vlad. (Vlad's also getting a nerf, mad Vlad players?)

Ahri's low basic runspeed doesn't mean shit with her ulti at level 6, where her utility skyrockets. It can be used to escape, go through three (four with Flash) walls and gank without anybody (except maybe Ezreal, TF or Shaco) escaping without having to use a Flash/Ghost + other summoner spells and/or ultimate themselves.
People who say she didn't need the nerf are scared they wont be able to win anymore, lack the brains to try other champions or fails to take the point of utility into the equation. Malzahar is perfectly balanced, if you get locked into his death combo often, you're doing something wrong or it's time for you to think further than just your own item build and build a Quicksilver Sash. It has the same effect as Cleanse and GP's orange, so why not? Still getting wrecked? Buy a Banshee's Veil and some other MR items. Hexdrinker for AD, Abyssal Scepter for AP and Force of Nature for tanks. Support can build a Aegis of the Legion, Guardian Angel or Chalice of Harmony. Not only that, change your damn Ionian Boots of Lucidity to Mercury Threads, which will also make her Charm last shorter.

Yes, I hate Ahri. I hope she and the players that play her enjoys the nerf.
Spoiler:
Edit: The champion ultimates which I listed had no CDR included.
Edit 2: Fixed spelling/grammatic mistakes.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:04 am

I enjoy Dominion more personally as often aLOT depends on who gets the first couple of kills on Summoners rift, ending up in 45 minutes of being demolished even if you started off well. Though I do play either mostly depending on the people I play with or how much time I have to kill.

The whining and the arrogant behavior I don't look at anymore, there is no point. It is the most unfriendly gaming community there is.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:08 am

Nathaniel wrote:
The whining and the arrogant behavior I don't look at anymore, there is no point. It is the most unfriendly gaming community there is.
Nah. Heroes of Newerth is alot worse, believe me.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 am

About the polish and russian cuntbags on EU NE, that's why I play on West. People are still cunts but atleast the non-english speakers are few (I'm looking at you, france)

Also, play it like a solo game, that way you'll find it much less frustrating. Who cares if Annie on mid is a total scrub that acts like a complete douchebag if I'm going 14/2 as Renekton solo top? I'll win the game because I outskill their Malz who's currently getting fed on Annie.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:05 am

That's the main problem with the entire game. It's supposed to be a team game, but everyone plays it as if it's a singleplayer game. Everybody runs off and does their own shit when it's teamwork and coordination that wins games most of the time. You don't see the top ranked teams such as CLG, m5 and Fnatic run around alone and pretend they are Rambo, do you now?

When you play with two friends, you're doing completely fine, having a good farm and a few early kills and the other two are absolutely uselss cause they do just what you say. Play like their actions don't matter for other people. And in lategame, they are never there in teamfights, making us lose towers, inhib's, Dragons and Baron.. CAUSE THEY PLAY IT LIKE A SINGLEPLAYER GAME. Like the useless morons they are.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:14 am

I had a summoners rift game the other day while playing sona being laned with an Ashe who was a bigot know it all, what did she end up doing? "Guys ill go protect base" and continues to blow her ulti every cooldown.

I'm like "Did you seriously shoot your ulti arrow from the base?" "Yeah I hit everytime" ... She didn't hit anything once.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Oh my god I love playing against AP Carries as early game renekton.. 100 fury W Q and they're completely dead <3

as a dedicated sona.. i hate these players Sad having sead that it traind me well in the art of escaping combat with sona XD spam click ghoast and her own speed buff (i carnt remember the actual names) those = double speed out of there...
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next