Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP-BGPvP] Arathi Basin: The Resource Wars

+13
Iltharen
Valestrion
Ralegh
Geldar
Celadazar
Gilran
Amaryl
Nessra Sunwhisper
Valerias
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
Samian/Bismack
Rentarn
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[RP-BGPvP] Arathi Basin: The Resource Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP-BGPvP] Arathi Basin: The Resource Wars

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:48 pm

I'd be interested But I have exams very soon and I'm not that available so like tentative I suppose?

Back to top Go down

[RP-BGPvP] Arathi Basin: The Resource Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP-BGPvP] Arathi Basin: The Resource Wars

Post by Rentarn Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Ezlbag wrote:
Rentarn wrote:
A buff, in this context, is any spell effect that increases statistics both primary and secondary, that lasts more than 5 min. Procs, PW: Shield, Paladin Seals, talent-originated auras (like Arcane Tactics, etc), and paladin auras, and so forth, aren't covered.
Would shaman weapon ehancements be counted as a buff, and what totems would a shaman be allowed to use overall?
(would fire elementals and earth elementals be allowed for example)

Good question, actually. Weapon enhancements aren't considered buffs, just like Paladin seals. Grounding totem, earthgrab, etc, aren't considered buffs. Flametongue, Strength of Earth, etc. are.

The elementals could be considered pets, along with the Ghost Wolves.
Rentarn
Rentarn

Location : (1)A particular point or place in physical space. (2)An act of locating.

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Rentarn Finje
Title: Surgeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rentarn Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Amaryl wrote:regarding the scales:

rank 1 of buffs is 1 buff
rank 2 is 2 buffs
rank 3 is all buffs.

this increases your ability to fight

regarding equipment

rank 1= is no rings.
rank 2= no rings and no necklace
rank 3= no rings no necklace and no belt/braces

this decreases your ability to fight.

so how do you unlock them? rank 1 first then rank 2 then rank 3?

Ah, I get it now. Sorry.
Yes, you unlock them one by one, 1, then 2, then 3. Also, the equipment ones are poorly worded I'm afraid. You start off with no rings, necklace, belt/braces. When you attain rank 1, you get to use rings again, 2 you get to use necklaces again, etc.
I'll reword it.
Rentarn
Rentarn

Location : (1)A particular point or place in physical space. (2)An act of locating.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iltharen Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:32 am

Lexgrad you... traitor! You said you were neutral, and that you loved me!

*glooms in a dark lonely corner*

Ahem. Awesome idea. ^^!
Iltharen
Iltharen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:49 am

In a fight against forsaken Lexy is never neutral.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Sign up the regiment. One thing I wonder though, would it really be a good idea to give the side that is winning more of an advantage? I dont really see this as a problem when the numbers are somewhat equal, but judging from the passed faction ratio has always been a bit off.
Spoiler:

Then again I understand giving people extra buffs for getting nodes since its AB
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rentarn Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:54 pm

My idea was to have the focus on getting points, rather than winning AB. Winning is good, but not completely necessary.
Spoiler:
Rentarn
Rentarn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rentarn Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Updated the main post with some more info.
  • Added the "When will the PvPings happen?" section.
  • Added the "What constitutes a buff then?" section, to avoid any confusion. If you're still confused, use common sense.
  • Added information on the "Any other important information?" section, regarding the PA channel.
  • Updated guilds list. Horde is slacking, come on.
  • Removed Herobrine.
Rentarn
Rentarn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 pm

Rentarn wrote:
Removed Herobrine.
your awesome...
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliste Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 am

I can bring my Blood Knight to bolster the Horde numbers, I'm happy to partake in RP and PVP. I'll contact Ness in game to work something out.
Aliste
Aliste

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:42 am

One thing I'd like to point out is that with the uneven numbers we'll have, the war games will be far from the only events going on. Possibly not all Alliance members will even be able to join in them. So RP in and around our respective bases will make up a good deal of the whether or not the time is brilliant or lacklustre. Of course there's the prospect of skirmishes with the enemy and other things, but if you're signing your group/guild up, don't forget to have some thoughts for the setting, the goals, and what kinds of RP you might be able to make yourself.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulfrik Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:24 pm

This sounds like a great event.

I will happily join in as an unguilded Privateer/Mercenary.

Though hopefully I will bein/have started a guild by then.

Smile
Ulfrik
Ulfrik

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:07 am

Annie wrote:One thing I'd like to point out is that with the uneven numbers we'll have, the war games will be far from the only events going on. Possibly not all Alliance members will even be able to join in them. So RP in and around our respective bases will make up a good deal of the whether or not the time is brilliant or lacklustre. Of course there's the prospect of skirmishes with the enemy and other things, but if you're signing your group/guild up, don't forget to have some thoughts for the setting, the goals, and what kinds of RP you might be able to make yourself.

I know arathi like the back of my hand, i could come up with a hundred little plots to keep people busy.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Iltharen Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:46 pm

*pokes it with a stick*
Iltharen
Iltharen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Yeah All rev'd up for Arathi war!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:55 am

Forsaken military wants in and also kalimdor corsairs :O
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Well lads and lasses, Rentarn is no longer available to lead this, but it's a pretty fancy idea still. In fact seemed to be a lot more enthuasiasm for this than many things proposed.

So... guess the question iiiis... does anyone want to take up the mantle? Are people still interested?
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Raises hand. Is there a guy Horde side to work with?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:09 pm

OoRB are certainly still interested Horde-side, but there wasn't a main contact - since I believe multiple guilds were hoping to get involved.

Thing is I wouldn't have minded taking over the campaign ICly, but looking after all the stats as designed by Ren in terms of resources - as brilliant as they are, I don't want to ;_;

I do think though that the essence of this project is and needs to remain a focus on small RP/PvP encounters, inside-AB war games, and inter-faction campaign RP.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Just do a few romps and RP in our war hubs then. Simples. Perhaps the odd W PvP clash out of the BG.

If you are a GM of horde or alliance and are still interested give me a hell yeah!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Annie wrote:OoRB are certainly still interested Horde-side, but there wasn't a main contact - since I believe multiple guilds were hoping to get involved.

Thing is I wouldn't have minded taking over the campaign ICly, but looking after all the stats as designed by Ren in terms of resources - as brilliant as they are, I don't want to ;_;

I do think though that the essence of this project is and needs to remain a focus on small RP/PvP encounters, inside-AB war games, and inter-faction campaign RP.

Well, just take over the campaign IC'ly and bring in someone that is happy to work all the stats etc. It has to be fun for someone on this forum x)
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:52 pm

You, Led???? Very Happy
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:54 pm

... you're really ramping up the hatred today.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2