Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IC Correspondence [open thread]

+28
Cid
Reynard
Maelmoor
Mallucis
Greasly
Helmut
Littlepip
Allonia_Miral
siegmund
Thelos
Skarain
Melnerag
Seranita
Sullee Swiftspeech
erwtenpeller
Raenmar
Nathaira
Gerleck
Nessra Sunwhisper
Tealeaf/Laliede
Diederich
Xen-tau
Drustai
Cathee Norris
Zalissa
Arkil
Velspeth
Valerias
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

IC Correspondence [open thread] Empty IC Correspondence [open thread]

Post by Valerias Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 am

OOC explanation:

I expect you fine folk remember [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for those interested in writing IC letters to other people with similar interests, or who might be experts on a particular topic.

Feel free to sign up there. This thread will be for the actual letters, if people wish to share them. If you're signed up in the thread, check here once in awhile, as someone may write to you!

Last edited by Annie on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

IC Correspondence [open thread] Empty Re: IC Correspondence [open thread]

Post by Valerias Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:14 am

To the Lady Velspeth Wollerton,
Stormwind City

Honoured Lady Wollerton,

While we are not yet acquainted, I have hopes that you will not mind me writing to you on the subject of politics and the Church, areas in which I understand you are both knowledgeable and proficient.

As one currently occupying the chair of the Stormwind Council, yet one who in her youth trained and studied to become a priestess of the Light and to enter the Church (in the area mainly of healing ministry), I find myself sometimes concerned about my involvement with politics. Certainly I believe that the Three Virtues have a place in politics, and in fact need to be considered in politics in order to produce fair and helpful solutions. But it can often seem as if politics are not a place for one wishing to hold to the virtues, as, to be quite blunt, those who are trying to get what they want do not always follow the kindest or most equitable paths.

It can be a struggle, when faced with difficult decisions, to weigh the route that one knows to be most just with another route which might be lacking in compassion to one party, yet best for the kingdom in the end. And that's only one example. I know you are well versed in how tangled political decisions can be.

As you are a renowned priestess of the Light and a noblewoman besides, I am sure you have had lifelong experience in balancing your faith and the tenets of the Light - and espousing goodness and justice in the world - with your responsibilities as a member of a noble house. Do you have any advice that you might offer in striking such a balance?

Should you have time to address this matter, I will be humbly grateful, and interested in any insight you might have.

May the Light guide you,
Rohwyn Leomin
Chairlady of the Stormwind Council
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

IC Correspondence [open thread] Empty Addressed to Chairlady Leomin of Stormwind Council

Post by Velspeth Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

To the Chairlady of Stormwind Council,
Stormwind City

Respected Chairlady Leomin,

I am most humbled to receive your letter, the content of which I would greatly hope to be of assistance to. I comprehend the difficulty one does face in balancing the teachings of the Light and the practices and application within the political sphere.

Indeed the Three Virtues are imperative for personal growth and spiritual development under the Light, and should be considered in any area of one's life. It would be entirely foolish however, to suggest that these practices are indeed the foundations of all political acts. Truly, the Light should guide the politicians of Stormwind, so that an example of righteousness be set for all citizens, but as you note: personal agendas may cloud the minds of elected officials at times.

It is the divine will of the Light and it's servants to guide those who do not practise the Virtues of the Light, so that their connection to the world is maintained and strengthened and this is most important for those within the political sphere to consider. One might practise the Virtue of Respect, in that critical and rational discourse is invited by all members of the Council, with no man or woman dominating the views of others, this being a blessed opportunity for you as Chairlady to ensure the virtue is always maintained.

Furthermore within the Council, the Virtue of Compassion is most prominent. The Light guides us to perform in accordance to the development and good of all around us, and not only ourselves. It is of course essential that the law is upheld without fail, but evaluative reflection is encouraged, by which one might contemplate the effects that the law has on individuals, collections of people, and society altogether. The world is larger than one soul, and the collective entity must be prioritised.
This I hope will answer your question regarding juggling the needs of an individual and that of the Kingdom.

If a man has stolen and he is to be imprisoned, his connection with the world will grow as he atones for his sins and accepts his punishment, the Kingdom will benefit as an act of criminality has been quashed. A wise servant of the Light will evaluate this further. The connection indeed, will be strengthened for both the thief and his Kingdom, but what of his family?
Those who have achieved commendable practice of the Light's teachings will consider his wife and children, who rely on the thief for food. Action to aide them, will both serve their development, the Kingdom's and that of the helper.

As crude an example as it may be, I hope that this demonstrates to you the advisable practice of the Light within politics.
It is indeed, your duty to command the practice of the Light within the council, but not one that should force your hand. The Light's teachings are the guidelines to eternal divinity, but there will always come an issue where the best route of action is unclear and in apparent opposition of the Light's teachings. In the cases where we feel we may have acted against the Light, we may redeem ourselves by blessing those around us with our aid, serving those who require it and promoting the guided route of behaviour.

The political and the philosophical will never meet with harmony, but it is essential to realise the aims of both: to serve the people and the universe. In recognising these aims and incorporating them into our own practices, we may guide others and achieve the maximum potential we have.

I hope the contents of this letter are of some help to you and provide clarity for you. If there is anything I may ever do for you, I shall happily receive another letter, or you may visit the Cathedral of Light and seek me there.

May the Light guide you,

Lady Velspeth Wollerton,
Priestess Cleric of the Church of the Holy Light.
Velspeth
Velspeth

Character sheet
Name: Lady Velspeth Wollerton
Title: Diplomat, Priestess Cleric, Magistrate

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkil Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zalissa Mon May 07, 2012 7:14 pm

To, Archmage Abjurer Arenfel Serpentine, and Archmage Illusionist Alorah Starwhisper,
Dalaran City

Hail Anethion.

I have addressed this letter to both of you, but I have sent a copy to either one of you. I am contacting you both to inform you of my new found faith within the Light's embrace, under the teachings of the prophet Anethion.

My teacher, and my father I have wronged you both in the past, and I would very much appreciate your forgiveness so I may progress under the Light's guidance. I take this progress I speak of extremely seriously and I assure you there shall be no malpractice within my record of being a member of the chapter. Your forgiveness of my wrong doings is not a necessity to my progression, but an important token to me.

I am delighted to inform you that I have learned from the error of my ways, and I am rejoiced to be receiving the teachings of Anethion now. Please do not be strangers.

Lights Grace, Naz'aya Serpentine.

*This letter also contains the mark of the High Inquisitor Aldric Helmfrid beneath the signature*
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet
Name: Zalissa Sparrow
Title: The Pirate Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:57 am

This letter is covertly delivered to Section Seven as if being intercepted; it is then circulated to the Stormwind Council.

Bronze.

We gladly honour your services and the information provided in the past year, the Queen of Lordaeron has been in awe of your loyalty and duties, but now, she has ordered that you are to be rewarded and released of service and oath.

Your loyalty to the Queen has been most remarkable thus far, and as such, once the Forsaken front legion penetrate the Gilnean border you will be given a sizeable estate alongside the agreed upon payment.

Allow Agent Serpent to read this information as well and continue his infiltration of the Stormwind Council.

Shadow’s Grace
V.L

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:56 pm

Another brief note is intercepted by Alliance intelligence services:

The Arathorian military district is sketched out and prepared. Inform High Command with the decision to proceed with Operation 'Dominon' - The Royal Apothecary Society will have something to report as well.

Executor Martus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:55 am

This letter is delivered by a deathstalker, unknown by name and rank. The seal of the Royal Envoy accompanies the letter.

To: Commander Sunbinder

Commander Sunbinder.

It is in your best interest to be aware of the immediate Forsaken deployment of both professional forces, and volunteers in the hunt for the wretched being known as 'Lether'. Our forces will station Tranquillen and begin combing the immediate area.

We are hoping to receive the assistance of the Sin Belore regiment in this matter, as it is a direct matter of Thalassian security and an internal Forsaken matter as the individual in question is Forsaken. Our intelligence sources believe, coupled with multiple witnesses that this is one of the carriers of the plague that was distributed and brought throughout Eversong. We would be obliged to share any such information if we were to receive, any such assistance in hunting down these vile creatures.

I am looking forward to a reply commander.

Vangrel Lansire
Loyal Subject of her majesty Queen Sylvanas Windrunner, almighty and blessed sovereign of Lordaeron, Stromgarde and Gilneas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:50 am

To: Senator-Marshall Steelfist

Senator Gilran Steelfist

The seat you hold is one of the most reputable seats in the Ironforge Senate. A seat bestowed upon my own cousin and mentor, Gogol Irondawn, However this is not the matter I wish to discuss with you, this is not the important and delicate situation that I wish to speak of.

We will need to speak regarding matters of national security and other things that have arisen and no doubt concern the Irondawn Clan and me personally.

Thane Arkadii Irondawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:05 am

Moved to Looking for Roleplay
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:40 am

To: Captain Cid Blackforge

Captain Blackforge

Recent reports surrounding the northern Eastern Kingdom's sanctity. Thus it is immediately necessary that Ironforge protects its territories in the Northernmost lands. As my first act as acting Senator-Marshall of Khaz Modan, I am deploying you and your most reliable to Aerie Peak for a night in order to be able to pre-preemptively be ready for any Horde movements in and out of the Hinterlands. Military intelligence suggests that a regiment of troops will force their way into the Hinterlands and obtain a secure Horde advantage in the immediate area.

Your objective will be to make sure this does not transpire. The Gilnean regiment known as the 'Greyford Company' has also offered their aid, make use of it Captain.

Seat of War
Thane Irondawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:06 am

[The following letter is written in dwarvish.]

To Arkadii Irondawn, Ironforge Senator of War. From Areyah Conover, Stormwind Minister of Defense.

Ministry of Defense, Stormwind
FRIDAY, Mar. 29th. [30]

King's honour, Thane Irondawn. Congratulations on your appointment to the Ironforge Senate's Seat of War. I greatly respected your predecessor, Marshal Gilran Steelfist, and his recommendation of you speaks highly of your abilities.

Once you have had time to get acclimated to your position, I invite you to meet with me at a location of your choosing so that we might get to know one another. As leaders of the armed forces of the two strongest nations in the Alliance, we will be certainly be working together regularly in the coming months. I hope that we can ensure that cooperation between our nation's forces remains strong.

Titans grant you strength and wisdom as you begin your new position.

Commodore Areyah Conover
Stormwind Minister of Defense

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:26 pm

As Arkadii Irondawn enjoys his supper in the small yet comfortable Thane Hall just south of the Library, a messenger from his Clan comes bearing this letter.

He reads it out loud to Arkadii whom listens to every word, especially nothing that it is written in dwarvish. Playing on his nationalist instincts perhaps?

As he finishes, the messenger sits down and listens to the words of the Thane as he dictates a reply.

To: Commodre Areyah Conover, Stormwind Minister of Defence

Your congratulations are duly noted. Senator-Marshall Steelfist is a reputable a character that deserved respect and it is good to know that the relations you held with him were amiable.

I look forward to meeting with you. If you bring yourself to the library tomorrow at eight bells then I will be present to discuss. I can firmly agree with your sentiments regarding the co-operation of our two great nations in the future effort against the barbarians over the sea. Establishing a working relationship that will cement the armies of Ironforge and Stormwind as the greatest military alliance in history is a goal and aim I look forward to accomplishing.

I compliment you on writing the letter in dwarvish, it is good to see the language of the titans coming from others who are not dwarves!

Thane Arkadii Irondawn
Seat of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:32 pm

To Stormwind Aviation Club. From Jaydin Hawthens, Stormwind Deputy Minister of Defense.

Ministry of Defense
SATURDAY, Mar. 30th. [30]

For the attention of the Stormwind Aviation Club,

Due to current restrictions on aerial activity in the vicinity of Stormwind City, you are reminded that you will need a travel permit to conduct operations within our airspace.

To acquire such a permit, please send a representative to speak with the Office of the Aerial Guard. The Aerial Guard offices are located at the War Rooms in the Stormwind Keep.

Regards,

Jaydin T. Hawthens
Stormwind Deputy Minister of Defense
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:05 pm

To Stormwind Ministry of Defense department. From Inran of Kor'khat

SUNDAY, Mar. 31th. [30]

Most honored institute of the Grand Alliance

I am Inran of Kor'khat, Draenei, a Soldier of the Alliance, Lieutenant of the 7th Legion. Since the crash of the Exodar, i've served the Alliance faithfully on the field of battle. Nearly half a year ago i received an injury that came close to cost my life and force me to retire and leave fighting behind. While it is true that i may never again be wearing plate, the injury have only got me more convinced of what we, the Alliance do, is right, and worth fighting for. Already sorted out the reassignment papers with my, now former superiors within the 7th Legion I write here now to inquire whether this veteran of the Alliance may again be of any use.

In additional of my lengthy service in the front lines of the Alliance and leading a Platoon on the Krasarang front, i'm a veteran of the Orc Wars of Draenor and countless minor conflicts and peacekeeping duties dating all the way back to Argus, the original home of the Draenei race. I'm also capable with several forms of healing magic, herbal remedies and surgery. I shall be waiting for your response.

Light's guidance.

Inran of Kor'khat

Last edited by Skarain on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:12 pm

To Inran. From Jaydin Hawthens, Stormwind Deputy Minister of Defense.

SUNDAY Mar. 31st. [30]

Miss Inran,

You will be provided details on your new assignment shortly.

Jaydin T. Hawthens
Stormwind Deputy Minister of Defense

To Bismack Bronze. From Areyah Conover, Stormwind Minister of Defense.

SUNDAY Mar. 31st. [30]

Lieutenant Colonel Bronze,

You are ordered to come to my office at the Stormwind Keep and speak with me as soon as possible regarding the matter of Senator Tjib.

Commodore Areyah Conover

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 pm

To: Magistrix Aishling Silversun

Delivered by Deathstalker mail.

Chairlady and Magistrix Silversun.

I am writing to you, to set a future appointment in matters regarding the Arcane Conclave and specifically the magic defense of Lordaeron, in particular, the crater that has been simply left there.

I look forward to meeting with you at a location, date and time of your choosing.

Vangrel Lansire
Undertaker of the Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:41 pm

To: Vangrel Lansire, Undertaker of the Crown.

Undertaker Lansire,

Due to the nature of the Conclave I have to gather everyone. You must forgive me I cannot give a date right now, but I can imagine it will be somewhere next week. I will try to arrange it eight days from now around the eighth bell.

Forgive me for the shortness of the letter, but the Conclave is of voluntary nature and I cannot promise anything apart from what I have written above.

Yours,

Magistrix Aishling Silversun,
Chairlady of the Arcane Conclave.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:47 pm

To: Magistrix Aishling Silversun

Magistrix Silversun

I will await patiently until the Horde Arcane Conclave is convened and would appreciate a letter of both notification and invitation to discuss the delicate matter. Though I was hoping to meet privately with you at first, as one leader to another.

Vangrel Lansire
Undertaker of the Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:56 am

To Braiden Mistmantle, Stormwind Minister of Justice. From Areyah Conover, Stormwind Minister of Defense.

THURSDAY April 4th. [30]

Lord Mistmantle,

Lord Lightbringer and I are greatly displeased with your attempt to prevent the extradition of Lieutenant Colonel Bronze to dwarven authorities, which has threatened to damage already-poor Ironforge-Stormwind relations. You are reminded that the incident concerning Lieutenant Colonel Bronze occurred in Loch Modan and Fuselight. Both are areas outside of Stormwind, and therefore no Stormwind law was breached. The decision to extradite is therefore a Foreign Affairs matter and is as such primarily the concern of Lord Lightbringer. Additionally, as Lieutenant Colonel Bronze is a member of the 1st Regiment of the Stormwind Army and a Stormwind guardsman, the issue concerns the Ministry of Defense.

The Ministry of Justice may make the request to have Lieutenant Colonel Bronze tried within Stormwind, but the ultimate decision to extradite or not extradite lies with Lord Lightbringer. Additionally, if Lieutenant Colonel Bronze were to be tried within Stormwind, his crime was conducted while serving as an active duty member of the Stormwind Army and he would therefore be tried under military court, which I remind you falls under the Office of Military Justice within the Ministry of Defense.

Also, this letter shall be a notice that failure to appear at one more session of Stormwind Council will necessitate that your fellow ministers initiate a vote for your removal.

Good day,

Commodore Areyah Conover

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:35 am

To: Vangrel Lansire, Undertaker of the Crown.

Undertaker Lansire,

You must understand I only chair and arrange the meetings. The Conclave have expressed a wish of equality, and I will honour that. But, if it suits you, I am available on the first day of next week.

Yours,

Magistrix Aishling Silversun,
Chairlady of the Arcane Conclave
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Addressed to Dailor, Shadowpope of Antistia’s Forgotten Shadow Cult,

For some time now, a conflict has arisen in which the Cult of Shadow consistently lacks respect to the authority of an agent of the Forsaken Nation, in this conflict the Cult of Shadow has been revealed to be a body which issues arrest warrants based on self-propelled religious influence.

The Cult of Shadow are not appointed ambassadors, the Cult holds no authority in the spheres of law or official representation of the Forsaken Nation. The Cult is essentially that, a Cult. Yet the Cult of Shadow on repeated occasion has signed illegal agreements with other the governments of other nations, whom unfortunately were not aware of the position of the Cult.

The terms and conditions I outline in the following next paragraph are simple and not difficult to comprehend, for clarification you are free to contact me for an appointment for further clarification.

The following clauses are open for clarification:

1) The Cult of Shadow ceases to pretend to act as an extra branch of the government, doing as they please and bringing up illegitimate arrest warrants for other Forsaken.

2) The Cult of Shadow forfeits all attempts to act as a law-passing organization within the realm of the Forsaken, ceasing all activities related to arrests and prosecutions.

3) The Cult of Shadow offers explanation to the absence of its followers in the Arathi conflict in the previous two months, as well as a general lack of military assistance in defending and maintaining the Forsaken realm.

4) The Cult of Shadow is to officially disband its Inquisition and to hand over all documentation as well as records of all prosecutions and illegal assaults on other Forsaken to the office of the Undertaker.

5) The Deathblade Militia is to become a part of the Department of War during war time and submit itself to a hierarchy independent of a religious structure.

6) The Cult of Shadow will cease all coercive activities and inflictions upon its fellow Forsaken

In return the Cult of Shadow will be:

1) Granted clemency for all illegitimate actions previous to this event

2) This Cult of Shadow will be given special status as one of the leading Cult’s most active in the preaching and spreading of the Forgotten Shadow.

3) The Cult of Shadow and the Deathblade militia will receive the right to arrest those whom physically assault its members, however, they are to be given to actual deathguards and not detained illegally.

Further details on what the Cult of Shadow wishes to obtain can be discussed by private appointment. In summary, the Cult of Shadow is to forfeit its consistent illegal interventions into the State of Affairs and undertake a role more fitting for the supposed role that it has brought itself to be known for, preaching and maintaining spiritual confidence among our people.

I look forward to a response from you alone Shadowpope Dailor, do not send your servants or followers to respond on your behalf as they will be disregarded. There is no time limit on when you can respond to this letter and I, Vangrel Lansire am willing to wait as long as necessary.

Vangrel Lansire
Undertaker of the Queen

OOC Note
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Diederich Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:07 am

*BARES THE OFFICIAL SEAL OF THE SHADOWPOPE*

Dear Vangrel Lansire

His Eminence, the Shadowpope welcomes you to meet him in the holy land of Deathknell. We will write to you once again to confirm a date and time for this diplomatic summit.

Shadow's Embrace
Lord Dr D. R. Northcliffe
Darkcaller of the Cult of Shadow
Diederich
Diederich

Character sheet
Name: Diederich Roland Northcliffe
Title: Shadow Priest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 am

Distributed via couriers, these letters are delivered individually to each of the listed names.

Addressed to the following:
Commander Nessra Sunbinder,
Warspeaker Dulachan
Commander Tealeaf
Deathmaster Arli.

It is with urgent haste that I write to you this letter and report, offering you an opportunity that may never been seen again for many years to come. The time has come to begin the consolidation of the Northern Eastern Kingdoms by the forces and armies of the Horde. Upon initial and successful intrusion upon the lands of the dwarven wildhammer clan, our combined forces have now established a strong base of operations in the Hinterlands. A base of operations that we must rapidly expand upon lest the Alliance send reinforcements North.

I am calling upon you, allies and friends, in this time, to launch the final assault that will give the Hinterlands to the might of the Horde. I am launching an attack on Aerie Peak, and I anticipate that you my allies, will be present to stand alongside the Forsaken in this en devour.

Queen's Vigil upon you all.

Vangrel Lansire
Undertaker of the Crown.

Unfortunately, one of the couriers is a sleeper agent for the SIA and the information is reported back to Khaz Modan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealeaf/Laliede Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:37 am

Dear Undertaker Vangrel.

It would be an honor for The Crimson Imperium to rise their swords with the Forsaken again. Commander Shadowsworn shall ready the soldiers when the time comes.

Priestess Laliede Ban’dinoriel.
Minister of the Imperium
Tealeaf/Laliede
Tealeaf/Laliede

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down