Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worgen/Human Physiological traits

+13
Lexgrad
Morinth
Ave/Sariella
Grufftoof
Sharyssa/Adenah
Drustai
Gesh
Nessra Sunwhisper
Feydor
Rmuffn
Kristeas Sunbinder
erwtenpeller
Demurral
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worgen/Human Physiological traits - Page 2 Empty Re: Worgen/Human Physiological traits

Post by Drustai Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:53 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:Aye, and since when are ALL rp'ers goodie two-shoes IC? Just saying if you are against an "enemy" and as worgen.....
It makes little sense to force them to say "You cannot bite in combat cause that spreads curse" cause frankly said person will not give a shit if the enemy gets cursed from an IC point of view.

Then bite them. The other person can decide whether or not the curse actually develops (they could get lucky, of course, and resist its effects, or, even better, actually RP going out and getting a cure for the infection before it's too late).

So pointing out awareness and being cautious is "bullshit".

No, refusing to play out a part of your condition is bullshit. Being a worgen is about being cursed. It actually has negatives that you have to deal with. If you want to bite someone then go ahead, but know that that bite is going to risk spreading the curse.

That it aint mentioned and with the blood doesn't give 100% proof that it is not removed either, your own statement goes just as much against it.
It's nowhere stated it's gone literally, not stated it's still there.
-Logically- to -cure- someone I would assume the aspect would also be removed of passing it on in such ways for the fact that the Kaldorei probably would have kept in mind -any- loss of controll turns several more with the same curse. Which makes more sense then it remaining.

The worgen curse spreads through a worgen's saliva and blood. This is canon. Until new canon comes along that specifically revokes that, it is still canon. You cannot just assume it is gone because it makes your RP easier.

If you don't want to spread the curse, don't bite people with your worgen. Simple. If you do bite people, then understand that you are risking spreading the curse. If you don't like playing with that trait, then don't play a worgen. It's no different from DKs and Warlocks not being allowed to use their necromancy/fel magic inside Stormwind's borders. They don't get a free pass, neither should worgen.

Tal'doren is specifically stated to only have one effect: restoring the worgen's control over their mind. It is never stated to be a complete cure to the curse, nor to have any effects beyond restoring one's sanity.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Worgen/Human Physiological traits - Page 2 Empty Re: Worgen/Human Physiological traits

Post by Saevir Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Hmm, this makes me imagine Stormwind cracking down hard on any worgen in the kingdom that even remotely seem like they might someday attack, and accidentally infect, a normal human.

In fact, if it's really still contagious, I'm surprised that they are allowed to mingle with the general population at all.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Saevir wrote:Hmm, this makes me imagine Stormwind cracking down hard on any worgen in the kingdom that even remotely seem like they might someday attack, and accidentally infect, a normal human.

In fact, if it's really still contagious, I'm surprised that they are allowed to mingle with the general population at all.

Aye. It should definitely be illegal for them to bite anyone, and anyone suspected of going feral or losing control would likely be locked up too.

It's a curse. It's bad. You're not just a furry human with claws, fangs, and 5x the strength.

Last edited by Drustai on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Deli got bit once but I was not aware of this. Does it count for nelfies too or just humans?

grufftoof wrote:I'd always assumed a few people might have one or two showing traits of the curse in WoW too. Maybe a slightly hunched back, the smell of meat on their (bad) breath, hairy palms? Razz
I'd say this is up to the player. I can imagine someone wanting to play a girl worgen without hairy hands Razz

Saevir wrote:Hmm, this makes me imagine Stormwind cracking down hard on any worgen in the kingdom that even remotely seem like they might someday attack, and accidentally infect, a normal human.
They should! As well as crack fown hard on fel user or death knights. Or barbarians that swing a bigass axe around in a pub. Who the hell goes to a pub in full armor anyway? That's something I never understood. If I where a guard, I'd be suspicious of those people...

Last edited by Delidah / Scuzy on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Delidah / Scuzy wrote:Deli got bit once but I was not aware of this. Does it count for nelfies too or just humans?

Yes, nelves were the original worgens so it can be spread to them, too.

She could have gotten lucky. The bite doesn't have to pass it on 100% of the time, it's just always a risk with any bite.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:06 pm

I'll keep it in mind next time. I don't really feel like adding consequences now while this happoned like 6 months ago Razz

Deli is the kind of person that gets bitten. And punched. And poisoned. And then poeople have to come fix it for her. xD
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:Aye, and since when are ALL rp'ers goodie two-shoes IC? Just saying if you are against an "enemy" and as worgen.....
It makes little sense to force them to say "You cannot bite in combat cause that spreads curse" cause frankly said person will not give a shit if the enemy gets cursed from an IC point of view. So pointing out awareness and being cautious is "bullshit".
And sex is even more-so making rp go "You cannot date anything human cause ...." might I remind you it's also the case of not having condoms in WoW :p

This just had to be said... In old times, condoms were made of animal intestines and such.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:12 pm

Fun detail i just remembered:
Deli has knitted magical sweaters for worgen on multiple occations. Sweaters that would grow with their size as they transform. Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:27 pm

I really suggest to Worgen RPers to Accept and look for IC discrimination. I cant commend it enough.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Saevir wrote:

It's a bit like people who carry AIDS. Sure, there are those who deliberately or accidentally spread it onto other people via blood/unprotected sex, but there is absolutely no need to control those who have it. You can go to jail if you do it deliberately though.

Last edited by Nessra Sunbinder on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Drustai wrote:
It makes little sense to force them to say "You cannot bite in combat cause that spreads curse" cause frankly said person will not give a shit if the enemy gets cursed from an IC point of view.

Then bite them. The other person can decide whether or not the curse actually develops (they could get lucky, of course, and resist its effects, or, even better, actually RP going out and getting a cure for the infection before it's too late).

So pointing out awareness and being cautious is "bullshit".

No, refusing to play out a part of your condition is bullshit. Being a worgen is about being cursed. It actually has negatives that you have to deal with. If you want to bite someone then go ahead, but know that that bite is going to risk spreading the curse.

That it aint mentioned and with the blood doesn't give 100% proof that it is not removed either, your own statement goes just as much against it.
It's nowhere stated it's gone literally, not stated it's still there.
-Logically- to -cure- someone I would assume the aspect would also be removed of passing it on in such ways for the fact that the Kaldorei probably would have kept in mind -any- loss of controll turns several more with the same curse. Which makes more sense then it remaining.

The worgen curse spreads through a worgen's saliva and blood. This is canon. Until new canon comes along that specifically revokes that, it is still canon. You cannot just assume it is gone because it makes your RP easier.

If you don't want to spread the curse, don't bite people with your worgen. Simple. If you do bite people, then understand that you are risking spreading the curse. If you don't like playing with that trait, then don't play a worgen. It's no different from DKs and Warlocks not being allowed to use their necromancy/fel magic inside Stormwind's borders. They don't get a free pass, neither should worgen.

Tal'doren is specifically stated to only have one effect: restoring the worgen's control over their mind. It is never stated to be a complete cure to the curse, nor to have any effects beyond restoring one's sanity.

This ^^^

I've not started RP'ing my Worgen as of yet, but I'm going to RP it as spreadable via biting. If the "cure" could stop the curse being spread via a bite, then surely that would mean it cures them completely? But whatever, I won't go through it over and over. 'til I'm given something to say the bite doesn't pass anything on, I'll happily RP it as such.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Wait for Gahalla to make a post.

She knows -everything-.

Very Happy Thanks Faralan.

Also, wrong pronoun.

---

On topic:
I wouldn't expect any physiological difference between a human and a humanform worgen. None. It's not a physical but a mystical condition after all. And while it does spread like a bloodborne disease (despite the name, it means any bodily fluid) it is still intimately tied to the emerald dream and the druidic arts and not to the mundane one.

So I'd say there's no physical difference at all, not even eye colour, between a human gilnean and a humanform worgen gilnean.

But...

There could be a mystical one. Tied directly to how much you embrace the curse. If you accept and relish in it, dogs will fear you. People will feel ill at ease near you. Children will cry. Milk will sour. Lightning will crack any time you laugh. You'll sparkle in sunlight... no wait... that last one was vampires apparently, my bad Wink

Whereas if you reject the curse and strive to be human, you'll largely unhindered be able to pass as one. Fitting in with the pack, as it were.

---

As for the how the curse is spread tangent. I'm throwing my lot in with Drustai. Nothing says the bite still doesn't curse victims. You're just not rabid anymore which means anything you bite is your choice (drastically reducing the amount of bites).
Like Drustai says, even after Tal'Doren... it's still a curse. And a bad one. It's just less of a curse now, since you're given the clarity of mind to search for a "cure" and the ability to change into your former body.

However, this doesn't mean it's a 100 % risk of infection. After all, many Gilneans fought actively without being infected. But just like anyone that gets into a fight should accept the moral, physical and legal ramifications of that they may in fact -kill- the other person, a worgen should accept that they might infect them. And worse yet: that the new worgen in all likelyhood will not be clear of mind...

That said... anyone that uses this as a cheap ploy to give their character a new dark and edgy gimmick deserves to have books thrown at them. Heavy books.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:14 am

Nessra Sunbinder wrote:
It's a bit like people who carry AIDS.
D:
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2