Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expanded Universe: Varian Wrynn - Blood of our Fathers

+16
Saevir
Xen-tau
Rmuffn
Sanara
Fortesgue
Lexgrad
Geneviève
Ave/Sariella
Amaryl
Kristeas Sunbinder
Flo
Lini
Braiden
Ron Sexton
Eowale
Geldar
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Expanded Universe: Varian Wrynn - Blood of our Fathers - Page 2 Empty Re: Expanded Universe: Varian Wrynn - Blood of our Fathers

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:31 am

Aishling wrote:

You do? I am quite looking forward to Lor'themar's story. Lor'themar never really had a personality, apart from the more stereotypical lines he uses as Regent-Lord. Same goes for the other two next to him. I wonder what they will make of this... but I can imagine same goes for Velen..

That little bit that we got atleast didn't make him look liker a super derp Very Happy
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Expanded Universe: Varian Wrynn - Blood of our Fathers - Page 2 Empty Re: Expanded Universe: Varian Wrynn - Blood of our Fathers

Post by Saevir Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:18 am

Aishling wrote:
You do? I am quite looking forward to Lor'themar's story. Lor'themar never really had a personality, apart from the more stereotypical lines he uses as Regent-Lord. Same goes for the other two next to him. I wonder what they will make of this... but I can imagine same goes for Velen..

Unless blizzard is intending to rewrite it, Lor'themar's story is already available here. It's by the same author that wrote Garrosh's story, and was originally an entry for the writing contest that Blizzard has apparently adopted into the lore.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 am

so fan fiction indeed! Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:42 am

Amaryl wrote:so fan fiction indeed! Very Happy

And in my opinion, still better than "official" blizzard writing. :p
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 pm

I really liked the "Uncle Magni" part.
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Sanara wrote:I really didn't like it, frankly. Mekkatorque, Baine and Sylvanas all had much better, thousand times more interesting ones.

This one was just pretty bland - which I guess suits the way Humans in World of WarCraft are usually depicted, as shallow, cartoony fantasy stereotypes with zero depth.

I've never liked how Varian's only qualities seem to be "hitting stuff real guud" and that he somehow comes away with profit out of that. Even Conan (in the novels) had a lot more than just brute strength and an angsty past to rely on. It just makes Varian seem like he's designed to be "cool", without any proper characterization.

It is also plagued by the same problem as much of recent writings about Varian, Malfurion and Thrall, the big favourites; Everyone who disagrees with them is EVIL. Or at least a morally reprehensible drunkard, who is probably also EVIL.

Blegh. I still dread to read Velen's one because I'm 100% certain it will make the Draenei go from "strange aliens with an interesting culture and religion" to "humans with blue skin and strange foreheads"...

This may be one of the only times in history I actually agree with you, Sanara. Wrynn to me seems like he'd be better off as some kind of War General rather than a King, hell I think he'd make a pretty good Orc as opposed to a freakishly tall brutish Human. Blizzard's writers appear to hold him as somewhat of a favourite, as I fail to see how a king who makes decisions like building a statue instead of rebuilding his city and putting all emphasis on war rather than his people's quality of living... is actually celebrated by his people?
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:00 am

A General?! Goodness people's perception of the armed forces is low! Wink

He'd make a reasonable Staff Sergeant in peacetime, drilling troops/discipline through fear etc. I don't know if he has the charisma or colourfully inventive vocabulary to be good at it though.

On operations I wouldn't want him anywhere near my platoon, save perhaps as a squaddie carrying the extra ammo for the LSW Gunner. The Artillery could make good use of him I guess. He could go all Lo'Gosh over the shells and move them from A to B super fast.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:24 am

Geneviève wrote:A General?! Goodness people's perception of the armed forces is low! Wink

He'd make a reasonable Staff Sergeant in peacetime, drilling troops/discipline through fear etc. I don't know if he has the charisma or colourfully inventive vocabulary to be good at it though.

On operations I wouldn't want him anywhere near my platoon, save perhaps as a squaddie carrying the extra ammo for the LSW Gunner. The Artillery could make good use of him I guess. He could go all Lo'Gosh over the shells and move them from A to B super fast.

QFE.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:58 pm

To be honest, I despise Varian, and most of the major characters. The writers at blizzard have little to no imagination and an almost childish adoration of their own superhero characters.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:59 pm

Lyniath wrote:To be honest, I despise Varian, and most of the major characters. The writers at blizzard have little to no imagination and an almost childish adoration of their own superhero characters.

"Wants Varian to be seen as a stud" comes to mind?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:04 pm

O.o;;;
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:09 pm

I thought it was said over the Wolfheart novel, by... I think it was Metzen.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Explains everything.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2