Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Gnome Alliance Science Institute

+10
Hermie
Kittrina
Lavian
Manathon
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sinnadrin
Jeanpierre
Etular
Gesh
Sanara
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] The Gnome Alliance Science Institute Empty [A] The Gnome Alliance Science Institute

Post by Sanara Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Gnomeragan Institute for Research, Development and Advancement of the Sciences, also known as the Gnome Science Institute, the Institute of Science or simply GIRDAS is a federal organization within the Technocratic Republics of Gnomeregan, headed by Gnomish Gearholder of Science and Development, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The organisation was founded to streamline the research and development of science throughout the Alliance, but was eventually reconstituted into a federal agency within the Technocratic Republics.The Institute consists of several sections, the primary ones being the Science League and the Student Corps. These are further divided into "Fields" with their own goals, methods and resources. Research and development by the League is conducted throughout GIRDAS facilites all across Azeroth, whereas the education of the Student Corps is mainly centered around the GIRDAS HQ in Ironforge's Mystic Ward.

Other branches include the Operations Division, working side-by-side with the Science League to ensure the stability and smooth running of the Institute's proverbial machine, and the Security Department, also known as G-Sec, federal protection and police agents employed specifically to protect GIRDAS assets and interests, often working jointly with Alliance military or city guards.

The Institute operates out of the Ironforge Mystic Ward with a policy of "Job by skillset", offering jobs to any gnome who is a member of the Alliance, tailoring them to each individual's skills and interests - A wise policy, given the rate at which the dangerous business goes through subjects...

---------

<Gnome Science Institute> is a Roleplaying guild Alliance side taking gnomes of all classes and interests. The Roleplaying itself is contrary to the IC description not very centralised, but rather the Institute is a backdrop for character driven Roleplay, as well as a source for plots revolving around political maneuvering, covert resource handling, and classic mad science.

Recruitment is normally handled with a simple OOC whisper or IC letter, followed by a rather standard IC interview, but a full application on the forums makes my ego grow little, so either way works just fine. In Character application letters take the form of job applications due to the nature of the guild.

The Defias Wiki has an article on the guild here; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FOR SCIENCE!

Last edited by Merandil on Tue May 10, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Guild Revamp)
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

[A] The Gnome Alliance Science Institute Empty Re: [A] The Gnome Alliance Science Institute

Post by Sanara Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

[A] The Gnome Alliance Science Institute Empty Re: [A] The Gnome Alliance Science Institute

Post by Gesh Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:02 pm

I've roleplayed with a few members, Lovely bunch. :>
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:55 pm

I am, I must admit, very tempted to join... Are the Demonology, Magikology and Netherology still open? What are a basic description of all three? Isn't Demonology mostly frowned upon in the Alliance, also? Would I be able to RP in Magikology while only RPing fire magic (the reason being that my character wishes to keep his Warlock-ness secretive)? However, Demonology is so very tempting...
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:49 am

Etular wrote:Are the Demonology, Magikology and Netherology still open? What are a basic description of all three?

From the GAIRDAS Wiki entry:

Wiki wrote:Magikology

The art of spellcrafting is as ancient as time, having been practiced before the shaping of our world by those who came before it. The Magic Society delves into all magic, not just the arcane, natural or otherworldly, elemental or otherwise, seeking to understand the mystical ways in which it moves and functions. After the death of Malygos the Spellweaver, Magikology has been a very busy, and very dangerous field to work in.

Wiki wrote:Demonology

The Union of Demonic Study relies heavily on protective magics, recruiting Paladins, Priests and even Shamans to help ward themselves against the dark powers they study. In spite of the risks, the study of the Burning Legion, and other demonic forces, is extremely important and conducted relentlessly. This is one of the primary factors leading to the Institute gaining a reputation for dangerous experimentation, even though all experiments involving demonic powers are conducted in remote "Safe Zones", far from Alliance civilians.

Wiki wrote:Netherology

The dark cosmos that lies beyond the Great Dark, known as the Nether, is home to both demons and other spirits. The study of this environment specifically rather than its denziens falls to the Department of Netherology. Their work ranges from the inspection of residual magic to study of the stellar phenomena leeching across the Outland skies. Their work usually goes unappreciated, but those with a passion for the Field never let this bother them.

Etular wrote:Isn't Demonology mostly frowned upon in the Alliance, also?

As noted, the "Union of Demonic Study" isn't just a collection of Warlocks running rampant for the lulz, but an organized, dedicated research union who employ Warlocks to summon and control Demons, while also having specialized "Wardens" to keep both the Demons and the Warlocks in check. As well, all their major experiments are conducted in mentioned 'Safe Areas', which could be anywhere from the middle of the desert to a minor Horde settlement.

Because the Science Institute is supposed to be a major Alliance corporation it's quite unrealistic to believe that Alliance authorities would allow them to conduct these experiments without such precautions.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:50 am

I've read the Wiki Article previously. Speaking of which, it mentions that neither of these fields has a teacher/Head Teacher. I've just thought, if that were the case, whether or not these courses were still available?

Assuming they are, should I sign up on the website?
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:58 am

They are still available, yes. It's preferable if you post an application on the forum, but for ease's sake a simple IC letter in-game works as well.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:11 am

Forum it is, then.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:28 am

Due to seeing other people "bump"ing their own Guild threads, I feel almost obliged to do the same with this.

To make this a more useful post, however, and update on my former post - I have joined the guild and find it absolutely excellent. I advise anyone who is interested in joining such a guild to highly consider it - they will not regret it.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 am

Good thing you did. I have a question. Does this guild also handle medical science? (Not to join but other RP reasons)
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:39 am

Jeanpierre/Jeanclaude wrote:Good thing you did. I have a question. Does this guild also handle medical science? (Not to join but other RP reasons)

It doe have Biology and Alchemy courses, but I think Merandil/Blinkie might be able to answer better - as I'm somewhat unsure of what you mean by "other RP reasons". Please, elaborate.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:54 am

Just exploring options. As an apprentice healer/medic I consider it normal that I would try to get in touch with institutes that could yield relevant research to my domain Smile
Might be handy to get in touch for specific solutions in case we need a hand with something ICly.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:01 pm

GAIRDAS
Sounds like something enraged Alliance warriors would yell thirty seconds before a usual Wintergrasp loss.

On another note, excellent idea, particularly how it represents the rapid "modernization" of Azeroth, and a shift from traditional theological ("Light"-based) to technological guilds. I predict guilds like this will emerge Horde-side too, come Cataclysm and its Goblins.
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet
Name: Lord Sinnadrin Sunfury
Title: Sun King Aspirant

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:37 pm

I was briefly in the guild, and whilst I did not feel it was for me. I'd heartily recommend it for very science-focused gnomes and gnomettes. And well any race!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:13 am

Jeanpierre/Jeanclaude wrote:I have a question. Does this guild also handle medical science?

Medical science would fall under both Biology and Alchemy as Etular said, as well as possibly Magikology if you're going the "Healer" route rather than the "Doctor" route.

Sinnadrin wrote:[An] excellent idea, particularly how it represents the rapid "modernization" of Azeroth, and a shift from traditional theological ("Light"-based) to technological guilds.

That's flattering, but in all honesty I just wanted an IC excuse for crazy mad science >:3
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue May 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Hello everybody, the Allied Science Institute is no more, having been revamped into the Gnome-only "Gnome Science Institute", now a federal agency supported by the Tinker's Court rather than a corporate entity.

I hope this doesn't disappoint anyone, since we only had Gnome guild members when we reformed anyway!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Manathon Wed May 11, 2011 8:44 am

It seems you have forgotten to mention the most prestigious job of test subject. Indeed, for all those of you who have been impoverized by war or unrelated happenings, there is a way out of your terribly miserable state! Some of our tests are completely harmless to your health, a few may even improve it! Join the test subject sector today!

Side effects may include nausea, headaches, sudden mutations, the lack of ability to speak, sudden superpowers, and serving as food for the Grand Administrator's huge dragon. Consult your doctor before applying.
Manathon
Manathon

Character sheet
Name: Manathon Oakshadow
Title: Druid with beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed May 11, 2011 9:04 am

Do you guys work in collaboration with Aperture science like tests and is there a way to sell test subjects for profits in such test tracks?

Y'know, for science.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Wed May 11, 2011 11:03 am

Eira wrote:Do you guys work in collaboration with Aperture science like tests and is there a way to sell test subjects for profits in such test tracks?

Y'know, for science.

For the last time I won't be your test subject! Very Happy
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed May 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Silence, merchandise have no opinions.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:40 pm

*cry* I really wish you guys were more active. And the Tinkers Court too! We should really sort that out!

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:25 am

Are you guys still alive? looking for a reboot of some sorth? Looking for gnome RP lately, or even a gnome only RP guild.
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:11 am

Considering the topic is about 3-4 years old and i have never seen this, doubtful.

There was not -that- long ago a gnome guild but i think it didn't go well either, don't think there are any active gnome guilds right now.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:40 pm

We have far too many gnomes in Wild Tempest, please can someone take them off our hands? Our alpha gnome, Coppersocket gave birth to too many gnome litters and now we can't look after them all on the basis of morality. Sad Please take them all off our hands thanks.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:06 pm

I really wish I had the time and energy to run the GSI, but with so few gnome RPers around the guild's been inactive for about 3 years now, sorry to say. It's not much more than a guild bank tab full of Engi mats right now.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next