Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Summer Day

3 posters

Go down

A Summer Day Empty A Summer Day

Post by Rmuffn Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:52 am

Something I wrote as the servers' went down and I couldn't sleep. Just a sort of view of himself or something, I guess. Not sure how great it'll be.. Up to the reader and their interest in Trave I'd assume! Enjoy. Comments are most welcome, constructive criticism aswell.

The sun gazes upon Stormwind with intensity. It's a warm summers' day. With soft steps Trave walks over the various streets of the Canals'. Casually as he walks he'd take an occasional drag from his cigarette to then blow the smoke back out. His soot black hair dances in the sunlight in its tight ponytail.
Alot has changed in the world, in this city, even with himself, he knew this all to well.

Lately people had often told him how laid-back he was, relaxed and calm. Taking life on with a smile. To him it was now simple, life, was simple.

But how simple had life been to even 'achieve' this stage in life? Was he enlightened? No. He wasn't even a man of faith no more. He simply rose up from the hardships and painful events in life. He managed to somewhere along the road flip the coin and just smile.
With a flick of his hand he tosses the cigarette into the canals before turning into the Cathedral Square. A group of three apprentice priests passes him by and nods while greeting him as kindly as any priesthood would to a fellow man. Trave offers them his soft nod in turn as he heads towards the Orphanage.

"Good morning Andrew! I'm so happy to see you."

Trave offers her a warm smile with his reply - "'Morning Nightingale. I won't be staying long, I just came with the charity."

Trave hands over a pouch containing the amount of two hundered gold pieces to the Orphanage owner. He smiles yet again as he bows his head politely.

Nightingale replies, her voice filled with concern just as much as gratitude.
"You really shouldn't give us these charities. How can a young man like yourself even afford that?"
Shaking his head, Trave simply replies to her.
"No, don't worry about that ma'am, the children deserves it. That's all we should care about for now. I'll be on my way. Take care Nightingale."

He walks off again towards the Old Town direction as she waves after him - "I will. Light bless you dear!"

A heavy sigh escapes Trave as he walks with slightly heavier steps. He could afford the charity alright. Working for Pirates and Mercenaries paid off more than a Noble could even hold in his bank.
What he didn't know, was why he kept doing it every month, knowing that, that very same Orphanage he'd burn down with all the children sleeping in it, for the best payment. A man without moral, yet with so much moral. Past and present constantly clashing, twisting him into the man he is now.

He could be a vigilante, but he could also be the man stabbing that poor man in the back the dark night. There was no limits, there was no good, no bad.

Live your own life, mind your own business. That's how you go by.

Old Town started taking shape ahead of him, a morning glass of whisky and he'd be on his way again. Ever patroling, ever hidden until the moment he wishes to be seen. He knew that carrying the Protectorate Seal Ring again would give away his identity, or maybe not, they'd perhaps think he's a thief. But he did know that he's been caring less about showing his past. He knew that the Chapter is nothing you give an advantage, hence he remains unseen most of the day. But only most.

A gentle shrug and he was off with swift and yet light-feathered steps into the Old Town with his soft smirk, yet another day to start off.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

A Summer Day Empty Re: A Summer Day

Post by Timna Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Interesting how it draws what he is, what he was, and what he may be into a single story! I'd never be able to do that, my grammar would die by a pitchfork.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 pm

I liked this, seeing what Trave's become and how many conflicts he still has boiling within him.

As far as constructive criticism, I'd just suggest reading your work over for spelling and grammar before y'post it up!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Valerias wrote:I liked this, seeing what Trave's become and how many conflicts he still has boiling within him.

As far as constructive criticism, I'd just suggest reading your work over for spelling and grammar before y'post it up!

It -was- late. I know they tend to be the thorn in most of my work. But they're also not as heavy as most stuff you find on internet. So I'm all good. However I will look it through next time. Smile
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down