Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Blood Knight Volunteers for the Council of Law and Justice

3 posters

Go down

[H] Blood Knight Volunteers for the Council of Law and Justice Empty [H] Blood Knight Volunteers for the Council of Law and Justice

Post by Sanara Fri May 20, 2011 1:28 am

So, let's get the disclaimer and such out of the way right off the bat;

This has little if nothing to do with the newly reestablished Silvermoon Council. If we have anything to do with that is entirely up to wether or not the people behind that Council are interested in this idea. This is not some kind of city council nor trying to be, it is not a military order, guard order, guild or otherwise a means to exert IC authority for OOC motivations or OOC authority with IC justifications.

Everybody got that?

Good!

What I'm looking to do is simply to give Blood Knights a reason to even exist in the RP community. Not quite aristocrats, not quite guards, Blood Knights are still prestigeous figures of the Silvermoon authority, carrying out both legal justice and heavy-handed authoritarian dictates from the rulers of the city. They are not quite paladins, but not quite common grunts either, falling on the line where they can serve their own interests but after the post-TBC developments have become less influential and in many cases more selfless with a sense of responsibility to Quel'thalas and the Light they ignorantly abused.

tl;dr: Blood Knights aren't doing much, which squanders the (in my opinion) enormous opportunity that such a unique group has to be a great contributor to RP.

The Concept:

I bounced this around a bit in my own head and later with a few people I've been playing with in SMC, and what I determined would make the most sense is a group of Blood Knight Champions and Masters (Ranks which were established by the pre-Cataclysm Blood Knight-unique questlines to fall on Blood Elf Paladins above level 60) who volunteer themselves to serve law and justice in Silvermoon, without due reward or conflicting interests. Now Blood Elves being Blood Elves, that might just be so much words to hide and make excuses for true personal agendas, but that's part of the fun!

The "Council of Law" would consist of those Blood Knights (of appropriate rank and verification) who attend the gatherings with a single "High Judge" chosen amongst them to lead the meetings and speak for the Council. I have yet to decide how long a High Judge would serve in that capacity (wether it is a select period, or a new "Judge" elected per gathering) but it will be short to both symbolise the IC methods and ideals of the post-Sunwell Blood Knights, as well as help counteract OOC problems such as the High Judge becoming inactive for a time or extensive "disagreements".

The purpose of the gatherings is of course to delegate tasks amongst the volunteers, discuss Order business (such as how the political machinations of Silvermoon's elite affect them), recent events in Quel'thalas and other Blood Elf territories (as the Blood Knights may well be the only real means for the Silvermoon authorities to reach out beyond Quel'thalas) that require their involvement, etc. In short, a means for Blood Knight roleplayers to come together and attain or share purpose, plots and just generally encourage RP among this... well, minority is rather accurate.

I have no interest in stomping on anybody's proverbial toes, so if there's a problem with this general concept I'd like you to get in touch and discuss the matter sensibly for a compromise of some sort.

What I Need:

And finally the real point to this post; Volunteers!

Really, I've got nothing much to say other than that whoever Roleplays a Blood Knight is welcome to attend the events once started, and that right now I simply need a small "show of hands" to figure when, where and how would be the best way to arrange the first of these meetings, and just to generally discuss how we'll make Blood Knights properly relevant without taking it in the wrong direction.

I'm generally available on my Blood Elf Telana if someone wants to discuss this in-game or similar.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

[H] Blood Knight Volunteers for the Council of Law and Justice Empty Re: [H] Blood Knight Volunteers for the Council of Law and Justice

Post by Valerias Fri May 20, 2011 2:23 am

If I had a blood knight, I'd certainly have a talk with you. But though I don't, I've seen a few of them RPing around and doing a decent job - and I, also, would love to see some coordination between this very important part of sin'dorei culture (oho don't I sound pretentious as a very fledgling belf RPer!).

But really, I hope this takes off. I think it would be ever so useful.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

[H] Blood Knight Volunteers for the Council of Law and Justice Empty Re: [H] Blood Knight Volunteers for the Council of Law and Justice

Post by Sanara Wed May 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Bumping this because there seems to be little interest on this forum, and I want to give someone who might've missed it a chance before I go on without them Razz
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 1:54 pm

The coming blood knight representative on the council might want to get involved in this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed May 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Cirenae wrote:The coming blood knight representative on the council might want to get involved in this.

They might! But as I said, I made this concept without any plans to involve (or indeed, any knowledge of) the SMC council, so I wouldn't know where to start with that Razz
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Wed May 25, 2011 4:30 pm

I absolutely like the idea! Sadly, I don't have any chars that would fit the role of a Blood Knight. My lil' belf paladin is RP'ed as a warrior due to being made before belves could actually be Warriors. And with her leaning sliiiightly towards hte more criminal side of life, not to mention a burning hatred for Blood Knights, I severely doubt she'd "fit in" very well Sad

But good luck!! I hope to see some proper Blood Knight RP in action soon! There's been far too many sloppy tries with this.
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down