Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Fourteen - 'I want ter break tha shackles...'

4 posters

Go down

Chapter Fourteen - 'I want ter break tha shackles...' Empty Chapter Fourteen - 'I want ter break tha shackles...'

Post by Jehorius Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Chapter Fourteen - 'I want ter break tha shackles...'

The massive mountain stood vigilantly, stretching high up into the sky. On one of It's sides, a castle could be seen. At first glance, from far away. It looks almost as if It's been etched out directly from the wall of the mountain. The architecture reminds of the one the Vry'kul's of Northrend favoured and used. But there's something one cannot place their fingers on, It just seems... perfect. It's endless spires and towers reaches high up into the clouds, the windows and balconies are many and of fine craftmanship as well. On one particular balcony, a towering silhuette could be seen. His hands were firmly placed on the railing of the balcony, clutching it as if his life depended on it. His enormous size isn't far from three meters tall. He's dressed in simple rugs, with a chainmail shirt resting over his chest. Leather straps decorated with teeth and other bones adorns what seems to be a light weighted armor. His hair is wrapped into two braids, resting on either of his shoulders. The deep brown hair is kept in place by simple Iron rings, but they are engraved with ancient runes. A wildly grown beard adorns his chin and cheeks, giving him a very proud and nearly beastial look. Many scars adorn his skin, each telling their own tale of the battle where they were made. A thick brown leather eyepatch covers his right eyesocket. A beautifully crafted truesilver sword rests on his back, large in size and even though he looks very proud, and very strict. It is hard to miss the sorrow that haunts his eye, his face is cut in stone as he gazes out over the ocean, lost in very deep thoughts.

A strong and cold breeze swept in over the balcony that made him shiver, he lets go of the railing and gripped his fur cloak, pulling tightly around himself. Why did he feel so out of place, in such a paradise? Here he was reunited with the people of old, those he once had hold dear and considered family and friends. At first, It was paradise. But as time passed, he was filled with a void, an empty hole that couldn't be filled. No matter how hard he try, he couldn't fill the void created upon his death. Oh how he yearned to be with his love, his son and his daughter. He lowered his head with a deep sigh, his head filled with thoughts. As he closed his eye, he could hear heavy footsteps approaching from behind. But he didn't care who it was, they should know better than to try and drag him to the feast. They know he simply feel out of place around the table, unable to find joy in the subject that they talk about, unable to enjoy the taste of the delicious food. Not even the mead served upon the table could drown his sorrow, his grief. It was he who had died, and It was also he who mourned the most. The person stopped on his left side and raised It's hand, placing an arm around his shoulders in order to give him a friendly hug, tugging at him briefly. 'There are many that worry for you, Vasgar. You spend more time on this balcony, than by the table. Tell me, what is it that is making your shoulders so heavy?' The elderly man glanced down at him, slightly taller than Vasgar himself. He opened his eye and glanced to his left, blinking softly as he noticed who it was more precisely. His gaze was met by kind and caring eyes, that of an old man. His mere presence was inspiring, never had he met a man that could make people stretch their backs and raise their heads by reflex. His hair was long and white, It too had many braids so that it wouldn't be in the way. Most of his hair rested on his back, and his chest was covered by a large beard of the same color. Vasgar shook his head slightly and turned to look out over the ocean with a sigh. 'I cannae feel at peace up 'ere... I 'ave me ol' family an' friends 'ere. I dun' feel at peace, this castle feel like a prison... I want ter break tha shackles an' live again.. Be with Saihna an' me children, Suxen.' He didn't know why he told him this, It just felt like the right thing to do. He knew he could trust him, and that he would understand. Suxen withdrew his arm from around him and folded them, he frowned and then turned to look out over the ocean himself. 'I know what It feels like, Vasgar. I know the void you can feel deep inside all too well, and the breath taking pain that you have to endure.' He spoke calmly, and loud enough for Vasgar to hear. But his voice trembled slightly as he closed his eyes and thought back to -those- days. 'Heh.. I'm hardly surprised.. But I dinnae if yer experience is goin' ter comfort me tha' much, Suxen.' Vasgar lowered his head again, far below he thought he could see a boat emerging out of the mist. 'I died many years before my dear Rochallion did, and I felt lost and empty at that point as well, Vasgar. I did however maintain contact with her.' He turned to look down at Vasgar again, frowning briefly. 'You have been trying to do so yourself, have you not?' the tone in his voice suggested he knew. He raised his head again and met the old mans eyes once more. 'I 'ave... been visitin' 'er... yes.' He didn't flinch nor break underneath the stern stare. 'This cannot go on, what do you think would happen if everyone who felt just a tiny bit like you do were allowed to leave these halls as they wished?' For a moment, he sounded almost disappointed, but it quickly changed to an understand tone again. 'I am not judging you, you died under circumstances that have shackled you to your past life. But you need to accept the truth, Vasgar. That you are an ancestor now, you have new obligations.' He stared down at Vasgar, who gazed right back up with narrowed eyes. 'I told 'er I would climb any mountain, cross any sea... face any challenges. T'wasn't a lie, Suxen. Love is eternal, nothin' ye say can sway me mind.' He snarled mid sentence, angered by the 'ignorance' of the elderly man. 'Vasgar... I am not asking you to abandon your love for her. I am merely asking you to wait patiently for her to come here. If you continue to dwell in these thoughts, you will be consumed by them.' Loud cheering could be heard, and Suxen looked over his shoulder. 'We should both attend the feast, another brother or sister have joined our Halls, Vasgar. Come now, brother. Let us eat, and drink!' He smiled warmly, and invitingly at Vasgar. '-Yer- Halls.. Suxen.. Me prison. Leave me ter me shackles, t'is me burden ter carry.' He turned from his eyes and stared out over the ocean once more and It was with a heavy sigh that he heard Suxen leaving him standing there.

He tilted his head backwards and gazed up towards the sky, the brightly shining sky made out of pure Light offered him no comfort either. But he couldn't get his words out of his head 'If you continue to dwell in these thoughts, you will be consumed by them.' loud cheering could be heard again, as Suxen's booming voice thundered inside of the halls. 'Eledrath, son of Eumund! We welcome you as your brothers and sisters! Sit, eat and drink! For today we celebrate your arrival!'. He snorted silently and clenched his fists until his arms were shaking uncontrollably. 'Consumed... Hmpf, I would sooner die than ter be one with tha Void... Oh Saihna, me love.. I miss ye so. Wha' 'ave I done ter deserve this torment?' He leaned forth and gripped the railing again, staring down at the wall of the mountain. He closed his eye as he felt it tearing up, upon squeezing his eye shut he could feel how a tear fell down toward th sea below. Silently he sobbed, slumping down to lean against the railing with his knees raised high.
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

Chapter Fourteen - 'I want ter break tha shackles...' Empty Re: Chapter Fourteen - 'I want ter break tha shackles...'

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:47 pm

This made me cry :')
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Chapter Fourteen - 'I want ter break tha shackles...' Empty Re: Chapter Fourteen - 'I want ter break tha shackles...'

Post by Jehorius Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Thank you, I take that as positive feedback! Smile
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:30 pm

This is truely amazing. Beautifully written!
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:31 pm

*blinks tears out of eyes* Never rp'ed with you aside from last night but .. god damned .. this story is sad, jump down and tell suxen to GTFO kk!

(Adenah 'ere btw)
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Thanks a lot for the kind words. It gives you inspiration and motivation to continue, so It's much appreciated!
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down