Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A break from the computer...

+3
Kil'drakor
Feydor
Etular
7 posters

Go down

A break from the computer... Empty A break from the computer...

Post by Etular Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Just to inform the Defias members, tomorrow I have plans to disconnect my computer from the internet until (hopefully) after my exams have finished. This includes both GCSEs and A-Levels which should take approximately two years.

I post this message just to inform any members it may concern that I am in no way abandoning Defias Brotherhood, nor WoW, rather, circumstances have resulted in me being disallowed access both the forums and the game. I do, however, agree with my parent's reasoning on why I should do this - as I have an obsession with the internet overall that has led to this.

Thanks for reading,
My apologies if this is viewed as spam,
Etular.

P.S: "I'll be back!" Twisted Evil
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

A break from the computer... Empty Re: A break from the computer...

Post by Feydor Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:22 pm

GCSEs are piss easy
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Feydor wrote:GCSEs are piss easy

I agree. However, it depends also on which paper you are referring to. Foundation is piss easy ("Write 4321 in words", "Write Two Hundred and Fifty Two in figures" etc. Laughing ); Higher is slightly more difficult (even if it is still relatively easy). It's that difficulty that I, as well as my parents, are trying to avoid. Same with the A levels, in which 24/7 revision is apparently required. Razz
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 pm

You and your plans! Rolling Eyes

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:43 pm

well i just sat my gcses in the summer and managed to get about 8 a* with not much revision, but its true what you say about A Levels, definitely needs a bit more time
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:54 pm

My apologies for Gravedigging, but it turns out my ban wasn't as serious as first thought - I get breaks on Christmas and during the Summer Holidays. Bad news? No WoW during those breaks. Mad
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:16 pm

GCSE's? A-Levels? Sheesh! I thought it would had been a degree you were studying for than just that for a computer to be disconnected.

Buuuut who knows! Maybe you really are a bit slow x) Oh well! WoW is a terrible time-waster anyways.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:25 pm

I think you underestimate yourself, Etular! I think you're a very clever, young man and I don't think you understand your own potential! And GCSEs and A Levels are not really that hard. I'm doing my AS Levels at the moment (biology, chemistry, maths (and statistics) in school, and french on the side), and I've missed an entire module.

Initially, I was so scared and thought I wouldn't be able to catch up, but it's been so easy hamdillah! The only subject I'm having trouble with is statistics ... ugh! It's easy but everything is completely new to me so catching up with that has been stuff (and boring as hell ...). I'm going to have to do the module 1 and 2 exams at the same time in June though so I don't know how that'll work out ... :s

But anyways, enough about me!!! I think if you are responsible and careful enough (which I think you are!!!!), you'll easily be able to manage yourself between WoW time and study time Smile.

(Also, wouldn't doing your GCSEs and A Levels take four years and not two years? I did IGCSEs (which is a 2 year course) instead of GCSEs though, so I'm not sure if they're both the same ...?)

Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide to do! In the end, you have to do what you find most comfortable. And personally, I hated my IGCSEs so much ... but so far, AS Levels have been so much fun and sixth form is great!!! Smile (The only thing I hate about it though is that the english lit classes at my school clash with math Sad!!!)
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Only Maths, English and depending on your career; Science, are the important ones. Apart from getting into Colleges, they mean bugger all after that. Plus you can resit Maths & English at College every year until you're 18 anyway.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyaska Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:32 pm

See you in a few weeks.
Cyaska
Cyaska

Character sheet
Name: Syenna Celeste (EVE)
Title: (NA NA NA NA NA!) Space Pirate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Jakins wrote:GCSE's? A-Levels? Sheesh! I thought it would had been a degree you were studying for than just that for a computer to be disconnected.

Buuuut who knows! Maybe you really are a bit slow x) Oh well! WoW is a terrible time-waster anyways.

If I was "a bit slow", I wouldn't have had a GCSE English Language grade of A on my first attempt in Year 10. Razz Just saying. Laughing

Shaelyssa wrote:I think you underestimate yourself, Etular! I think you're a very clever, young man and I don't think you understand your own potential! And GCSEs and A Levels are not really that hard. I'm doing my AS Levels at the moment (biology, chemistry, maths (and statistics) in school, and french on the side), and I've missed an entire module.

Initially, I was so scared and thought I wouldn't be able to catch up, but it's been so easy hamdillah! The only subject I'm having trouble with is statistics ... ugh! It's easy but everything is completely new to me so catching up with that has been stuff (and boring as hell ...). I'm going to have to do the module 1 and 2 exams at the same time in June though so I don't know how that'll work out ... :s

But anyways, enough about me!!! I think if you are responsible and careful enough (which I think you are!!!!), you'll easily be able to manage yourself between WoW time and study time Smile.

(Also, wouldn't doing your GCSEs and A Levels take four years and not two years? I did IGCSEs (which is a 2 year course) instead of GCSEs though, so I'm not sure if they're both the same ...?)

Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide to do! In the end, you have to do what you find most comfortable. And personally, I hated my IGCSEs so much ... but so far, AS Levels have been so much fun and sixth form is great!!! Smile (The only thing I hate about it though is that the english lit classes at my school clash with math Sad!!!)

Thanks. The main problem, however, is more along he lines of the fact that I get so easily absorbed into WoW to the point where I consider it to be turning more or less into an obsession. The second problem, however, which is completely unrelated to WoW - the acne-medication I'm taking currently has been severely hampering my ability to concentrate over the past few months; therefore, rather than take me off the medication, I've decided to temporarily remove WoW (and take myself off the internet) in order to spend more time revising...

Blexie wrote:See you in a few weeks.

Hm... Is it just me, or has no-one noticed I've been off a month and just came back? Surprised

The above comment, just to clarify, is directed at all the above posters - not just Blexie. Razz
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down