Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Welcome to Northshire" (RP stories)

+14
Thomas
Feydor
Zhakiri
Rmuffn
Yarnaat
Ledgic
Melnerag
Gahalla
Jayse
Gunnell
Seranita
Saevir
Lavian
Valerias
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Welcome to Northshire" (RP stories) Empty "Welcome to Northshire" (RP stories)

Post by Valerias Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:33 pm

We all started RPing on the fine server of Defias Brotherhood somehow, whether we came here as experienced roleplayers or just stumbled into roleplay because some level 1 dude said 'Do you want to help me kill wolves?' in /say. This is a place to share your stories regarding how you began RP'ing on DB, as I have no doubt there's plenty of amusing nostalgia to go around.

(Apologies if there's already a thread like this, but I didn't see one!)

I ended up on DB kind of by accident, having begun as Horde on Sporregar (!) and deciding to try out the different RP/PvP servers. Aniane, my rogue, was my first character here, but it wasn't until I made a little golden-haired priest called Rohwyn that RP knocked on my door. (I'd been in forum RPs before, but nothing like WoW.)

I was attempting to find a group for Gnomeregan, whispering likely candidates who didn't have stupid names (I had the curious idea that people named 'Lolpaladin' were probably going to be dicks), and ended up with a warrior called Serelath in the group. As we were making our miserable way through Gnomeregan, he asked if any of us were RPers. Following our (failed) attempt at the instance, he suggested RPing, and Serelath, former soldier of Lordaeron, and Rohwyn, novice priestess from Northshire, met by chance in an Ironforge tavern.

It was all very cliche but it was a lovely beginning! We levelled together IC until the 40s, and while it took me a few more months to get into the DB RP scene proper, those few months really sold me on how much fun WoW roleplay can be.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

"Welcome to Northshire" (RP stories) Empty Re: "Welcome to Northshire" (RP stories)

Post by Lavian Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:49 pm

I have to admit I myself did not come to Defias back in 2005 for the intention of roleplaying. I wasn't even aware of what it involved and whatnot back then. I originally came here because Tylone/Burn did as he had planned to leave the maelstrom to which I was on and I couldn't be arsed myself staying there.

However my first recollection of roleplay nostalgia must be on my first toon on the server with my night elf hunter (It's now Eíra, my current hunter). From what I remember it involved the shining strand and stumbling upon Gwealyn and Trezo (Nathan for your reference Annie) and like pissing him off as I got more connected to the roleplay. That toon didn't last long however as when it hit 60 I created my new toon straight away. Level 1 human warlock Melfeena and thats when the RP truly began for me.

TLDR: Night elf paved way for RP to be on Melfeena because it was pretty cool on the night elf but night elf RP was lame and thereyago.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

"Welcome to Northshire" (RP stories) Empty Re: "Welcome to Northshire" (RP stories)

Post by Valerias Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Ahem, not to derail my own thread, but yes I remember Trezo. First time I met the character, he was drunk and chasing Melfeena around the Cathedral trying to kill her because (I think) she called Gwealyn some nasty names. Rohwyn attempted to stop him because, ya know, madness in the Cathedral! but when he shouted 'She called MY DEAD WIFE A WHORE!' Roh was just like '... oh' and sat back down and watched :p
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:17 pm

I wasn't terribly focused on the RP when I first started my troll rogue back in vanilla, picking DB mostly because it was where a couple of friends from an NWN server I used to play on were as well. I eventually ended up transferring the rogue to Bloodfeather a few months before TBC to join a relative's guild, but I ended up missing being on an RP server so much that I went back and made Saevir the day TBC launched.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:38 pm

yeah i had no intention to rp on comming to db eather Razz my frend wanted a pvp server and i thort ah lets go on this random one simply cos it had pvp in the name,.. wasnt until my frend quit wow that i had someons sneek up behind me on my ehf hunter at the time that i got sucked in,.. the emotional wreck timbomb of an elf was created XD (now living as undead in the dusty arcives of my list)
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:46 pm

I'd been playing on Argent Dawn for a while, and then all of the buzz began that Blizzard had caved in and agreed to open a pair of RP-PvP servers (Defias and Venture Co.) - I was stuck between the two, unaware at the time you couldn't roll both Alliance & Horde on PvP servers. Anyways, I saw the Shining Strands recruitment post on the offical forums and decided to start there.

Joined on the server's launch day and been here since.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:49 pm

I started after I just got out of hospital and was laid up recovering at home. I've Rp'd before in the textbased days I wondered what roleplay was like in Warcraft.

I've played the game since release bouncing from Stormreaver to Mazrigos when that opened and where I met Totalbiscuit. Then to Darksorrow and from there to Defias.

Playing a rogue I wanted to see about roleplaying an SI7 agent and have been doing that from the start. Made some pretty epic cliche and it took a while to get a feel of how to do it, and muddled on. Came up with a loose conspiracy concept for Jayse to be suddenly active as a character and spent 3 weeks just sitting in the blade watching the RP and playing the "laying low" angle. The rest is history!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:22 pm

The story of me on Defias begins the summer 5 (soon 6 years ago) of wow in Europe. I was a member of the horde version of the newspaper on Earthen Ring and was gradually growing more bored and more lonely. Eventually I saw this little post about a new guild forming on one of the upcoming rp-pvp servers.
Organised by a trio of Argent Dawn roleplayers known as Madelyn, Zylo and Otister. In my head I began planning my character, a gruff male warlock from Lordaeron. I took a source book from a roleplaying game behind me and found a name I liked... Gahallan.
I joined the forum debate, and as the website went up I was member number 13 to join it. But now the gruff male warlock Gahallan had changed in my head to a slightly geeky warlock-alchemist... a woman called Gahalla. The first aspects of her personality falling into place in a short forum-based rp a few days before the server launched. A rp that gave her two of her most important friends in the early days... Gwealyn and Tiberio.

When I logged on the day the server launched Goldshire was bristling with rp (and high quality at that... or just early enough for none to tell the difference). I joined tss within the hour by whispering Otister and the first person I met ingame was Gwealyn. The next few days leading up to the massive Lakeshire meeting (with tss full compliment of 250 members attending) I met others. Tiberio, Trezo, Alyssea, Aislin, Anna. Most members of what became the Dark Arcanists of tss.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Woah 250 member RP event, that must have been awesome. Got screenshots?

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:34 pm

My RP started with approaching a warlock in Goldshire and buying a red linen robe from his ICly, then we discussed how hard it is to be a warlock in a world full of simpletones. Then, later on, I tried ICly auctioning out a Soulstone and got chased out by Zealous Enforcers of Righteous Guidance - Z.E.R.G! Later on I would apply to the Dark Sphere on that confused engineer/philosofer/warlock, claiming to've killed VanCleef ICly. At least they considered me, but told me that I was not 'evil enough', but then I pushed and got an invite after all....

And I immidiatly started on my grand evil scheme, of trying to unite all goodies under a pretext of a holy cause; but Zylo saw through it, and became my IC nemesis Very Happy
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Mine was relatively simple, actually. My first character on the server was Arámus, human male warrior.

DB was actually the server I started on, and I arrived a few days after it opened, as a good friend of mine had spent months trying to get me to play. We all came here and while he and a few others ignored RP, I decided to get stuck in and have a go, after doing a lot of text based RP on forums.

I did the generic 'my lady/liege' stuff for a week or two, before fleshing Arámus out as a character and I ended up joining The Stormwind Rangers. It was through that guild that I met the likes of Lester, Shonah, Yselle and Jaldir, and it didn't take long before I made Ledgic and joined The Old Town Syndicate.

Luckily, Ledgic was very far away from 'my lady/liege' :p
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:20 pm

To be honest the reason for that I ended up here was because when I was visiting a friend he ran around as a lolling moonkin in the Square..
I joined him and jumped around as a priest but after a while stopped with that as I suddenly found RP interresting. Soon enough I was picked up by the shields (On one of my first characters (Ostekake, yes, it means cheesecake) in the square) and they learned me how to RP. Now I've even given up my raiding guild for it..
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:17 pm

I was playing Wc3 like a good believer. Roleplaying ever so oftenly.
I hated WoW, lore-ruining game, distasteful. Killing major characters.

During mid-TBC, wc3 started to get weak, many left, RP overall died more than most things, I ended up playing DotA all the time.

A friend of mine urged me to try WoW, Defias Brotherhood, because it was the best roleplaying server existing.
I was extremly against it, but gave it a try, playing on a school mate's account.
Made the orc warlock Maugresh, met the orc warrior Dohon whom was creating his own guild , which I joined.
Said account was lost, I got to use a Wc3 mates account instead. I made the blood elf mage, Káilias, whom I had in and blood elf paladin, Tellianus, During Cantea's regime.
This account I played on for a longer time, till the bastard sold the account behind my back. Very Happy

I made a new account, human paladin, same server, Thenoden. I quickly quit it as Cyaska/Blexie suggested he'd RAF me.
We did, and so Vargosh was created, I joined OotRB.

All in all, my main reason to come here was Roleplay, main reason to stay. I still don't like what they do to the lore, but I like being able to interact in this amazing universe as my own character.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:36 pm

I began on the horde side on Argent Dawn but moved to DB as soon as it opened. Joined the Starseeker Sentinels fairly early on, and later the Aegis.
Oh yeah, my AD guild made an alt guild on DB called Holier Than Thou. Crazy times.

Rerolled to Sporeggar when TBC came, and came back to DB a few weeks after the Trial of the Crusader patch during Wrath.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Wait. You were in The Aegis too? Who as?
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Eira wrote:Wait. You were in The Aegis too? Who as?

Beat me to it.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Whisperleaf.

edit: The tauren druid that has the name currently isn't me Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:56 pm

I started on this server as a Human Warrior named Jarsitith. I don't remember RPing so much, but I'm sure I hung around Goldshire on him. Back then, Goldshire was just...Well bad yes, but you didn't know any better.

Then when I first made Nygarth, only with the intention of going Holy at 70 and healing for a noob raiding guild my best friend was in, I started to RP in Goldshire again...The usual stuff, levitating to look awesome, lightwells...Shadowform perhaps. I remember chasing around a Demonology Gnome Warlock and every so often, he'd go into his Demon Form and I Shadow Form, and we'd spam whatever AoE spell or animation effects we had Razz

Thankfully, I was dragged into the 'Underground' scheme by Nastor, another real life friend, on my Deathknight when I first found real RP and eventually joined Hand of Nightmares. ^_^
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:09 pm

I originally played on a PVP server. It was there where I created the mighty level 11 Tauren warrior, Fluffyballs. Alas, I got bored of Fluffyballs, and even quit WoW for a month or so. Eventually I was dragged back by an IRL friend of mine, who out of all the servers, had randomly chosen Defias. None of us knew what RP was, but my first character I made was Sprackle. I eventually came across Goldshire and was interested by it all. We decided to make a criminal roleplay guild called LUNA Corp. We were quite high up in the goldshire food chain, before I came across Andrek and offered to be his faithful minion, and thereby joined the Sphere.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Feydor wrote:I originally played on a PVP server. It was there where I created the mighty level 11 Tauren warrior, Fluffyballs. Alas, I got bored of Fluffyballs, and even quit WoW for a month or so. Eventually I was dragged back by an IRL friend of mine, who out of all the servers, had randomly chosen Defias. None of us knew what RP was, but my first character I made was Sprackle. I eventually came across Goldshire and was interested by it all. We decided to make a criminal roleplay guild called LUNA Corp. We were quite high up in the goldshire food chain, before I came across Andrek and offered to be his faithful minion, and thereby joined the Sphere.

LUNA Corp. ! Very Happy remember that shizz ^^

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Saali wrote:Whisperleaf.

edit: The tauren druid that has the name currently isn't me Wink

You sound very familiar. I dont know if you ever recalled me in the early days of TA (Melfeena).
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:52 pm

I do, I do. As I recall it, I left Aegis a month or two after the Great Cleansing.
The guild felt a bit naff after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Ah yes... That infamous cleansing. I did eventually go back in the end for a little while, they apologised but then a shitstorm backlash from the community would do that. Rolling Eyes
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:15 pm

I started my WoW career on Stormscale. A friend of mine played there so I decided to join the server as well. After a brief consultation with him I decided to roll a priest because they were apparently a strong PvP class. Few months went past and my friend suddenly quit WoW. Soon after that Blizz announced that they would release two RP-PvP servers. RP being something I had done previously and the Warcraft mythos being familiar to me, I decided to take part in this. I browsed the RP forums and stumbled upon a thread for an upcoming RP guild. The Shining Strand. Taking interest in the project, I soon after wrote an application on the guild's forums and was accepted.

The day Defias Brotherhood went up, I rolled my first Alliance character, the human priest Lini. The realm was only few hours old and nobody was higher than 10 levels. Upon joining the realm I soon grouped with people such as Otister and Alyssea. We leveled up a bit before we finally decided that it was the time to set up the guild. I still remember us running through the level 5-6 mobs to reach Stormwind so that we could sign the guild charter for The Shining Strand. The ten of us would briefly RP to celebrate the lauch of TSS (probs one of the first, if not the first, guilds on DB) before going back to our leveling business. By the time we held our first RP events few days later our roster had numbers closing to 250. Of course, we recruited pretty much anyone capable of a coherent sentence during our first week. Soon after we kicked roughly 100 people out of the guild. Fun times.
Spoiler:
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Guldujenu Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:26 pm

I first started playing on Skullcrusher because my friend had forced me in to buying WoW, not that it was hard since i had only just played warcraft games for the first time only a few month's before WoW's release so i was quite hyped. Made a warrior, played to 60, quit, came back again, was about to quit again when i heard about an RP-PVP server being opened. I thought i'd give it a try, i'm a big fan of fantasy books so i wanted to see what it was like "Playing a character in a story" instead of jumping around infront of the AH.

I decided to make an undead warlock, i believe i named him Karduk, after surviving the first horrors of the starting area being overpopulated i saw a recruitment message in the general chat for an undead only RP guild called "The Soulfall Enclave" and i whispered the guy, who turned out to be Finnish aswell and so i joined it. I remember on my first days we tried to roleplay in finnish aswell. I still have shivers thinking of that. I do remember houers of just roleplayers in brill, it was intense and exciting. I didn't play any other race for the next three years i think. Power to the forsaken! *sniff* the good old days.
Guldujenu
Guldujenu

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next