Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dark Sphere

+17
Thomas
Valerias
Ephitos
Krogon Devilstep
Rasonal Dranger
Mandui
Demurral
Jehorius
Magaskawee/Anaei
Ondius
Thonian/Gashwille/Markyth
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Osmand
Feydor
Zinkle Figgins
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Mordazan
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Dark Sphere Empty The Dark Sphere

Post by Mordazan Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:10 pm

They looked at each other. Each face was set in stone. Only because I know them so well could I tell their feelings beneath the veils of deception.

Ondius’ dead features allowed nothing of his true feelings slip through his facial expression, but his grip on his mighty two handed axe, its head planted firmly in the ground, his left hand wrapped about it as if to strangle it, and his gaze that was firmly fixed upon the entrance to the Haunt told the story well enough.
After he had taken the Sphere from me, I suspect he has not had much rest. Even now, I could sense the powerful pressence of the orb on his person.

He should be tense, ofcourse he should. This is the first time it has contacted us. Only in stories that made warrior veterans and warlock lords feel the chill of the night, only in the legends of the Sphere was there a mentioning of the creation of the artefact. Rumour once had it that Teron Gorefiend was behind it and that he had taken control Karazhan and all the evil within it.
Other rumours, just as wild and unbelievable, made that theory seem even more unrealistic. Some even rivalled the very existance of such an object.

But it was real enough. I held it in my own hands. Such a small and insignificant object, like a ball of pure glass filled with mystery, as if it were a mirrior to a realm beond this one. The power contained in the object is… Difficult to describe, for those who knew how to use it.
It served another purpose beond that. It litterally held the Dark Sphere together, the name of the cult name a testiment to that legacy. Every acolyte that ever served the Sphere had yeilded a piece of his soul to that object, given it willingly so that it may be contained within the complex network of Souls formed within it.
The only thing that could indeed bring forth terror greater than such an object of legend would indeed be the being capable of giving it life.

Tonight would be the first time he would meet it, Ondius, and the thought did not comfort him. The mere fact that it had contacted him directly, intruded in his mind and ordered this meeting had struck him deeply.

Marticore, on Ondius right flank, was much better at hiding his emotions. His stance was relaxed and his face, as usual, hid behind the veil of his hood.
His newly sharpened weapons, his bags filled with the chemical powders of his trade newly filled and the constant flexing of his fingers, however, gave word to his anticipation. He was a reflection of the same tension that I myself felt lay heavy in the cold night air.

The Beggar’s Haunt had never seemed to empty, as when I watched the two others in silence. I equiped my crown, veiling my face in unnatural shadow and bathing my eyes in a cold, blue light.

It approached. I felt the chill before I saw it. I heard the heavy steps before that. When it finally appeared in the entrance, the very reality around us twisted and wrapped in its pressence.

We held our ground firmly. Looking back at it, that was a miracle. The powerful pressence of this entity should have shook the groundfoundation of all we ever knew and ever believed in. As a warlock I could not believe that such a creature

”Give it to me” it proclaimed. The booming voice appearing to shake the ground.

Ondius withdrew slightly as it spoke. I knew the feeling. I knew it all too well. When you journey for power and for power alone, how can you do anything but refuse anyone and anything that wishes to take it all from you. Irrational, indeed, but natural all the same.

The tension of the Haunt continued to raise to unthinkable highs, we all stood, as if time itself decided to savour this powerful moment for as long as possible.

Marticore, always the quickest to act, broke it all. With a movement so swift that I could only guess it happened, for my eyes could not follow him, he threw a small yellow shard, which I knew to be a blessed shard of an Anethionian relic, at this entity, while throwing himself forward, blades flashing.

Time stood still when I moved my eyes to watch it. Without blinking it slashed out one of its claws, the relic pulverised. Marticore, following not a second later, felt the impact as his blades struck the clawed hand with all his might, hatred and determination, the hissing that followed could either be from a wound or from the blades as they melted away as if they had struck a furnance.
I can only imagen his eyes when the claw struck him and threw him more than ten meters sideways, into the hill on the other side of the water.

All this in a flash of time. Knowing that there would be no second chance, I threw away all my shadow power, letting out everything I have ever known, the lights of the haunt flickering unnaturally as my magic manifested, screams of innocents and deamons alike could be heard in the far distance.
The magic shrouded the entity, the power of the dark magic so dense that it obscurred it from view. With what appeared to be no effort at all, it shattered the orb of shadow, the magic flickering out like a candle in a storm.

Our eyes met. For only the briefest of seconds. And it shook me. Shook me to the core of my being. It threw me backwards with an effort of will alone, casting my fragile body against one of the statues at the Haunt, the sound of my own shattering bones snapping me back to reality, but leaving me unable to move as much as a muscle.

Ondius charged onewards, his axe held high, a cry of defiance on his lips. The entity faced him and his axe came to a halt, meeting the claw. With a mere twist, the powerful and heavily enchanted blade was tossed aside.
It held him by the throat, it lifted him off the ground. It spoke to him, to him directly. The horror must be something of only the darkest nightmares.
As it let go, Ondius fell to the ground as a doll, paralyzed.

It turned around and left. As it turned around, one last time, appearing to gaze at the three of us in each our place, I saw a purple, swirling orb in its hands.

”I let you live only because you serve a purpose, Mortals” the voice echoed. Before anyone could respond, the creature took a step and seemed to vanish into thin air, returning to whatever pit it spawned from, taking with it all its power… And the Sphere itself.

I felt the scream as the Souls were freed. I felt it as my own soul tore free and found its way back to the rest. It was a strange feeling, to be whole again, after so many years… I had almost forgotten.

But the consequences left no time for joy, not time for celebration. For now that the artifact was gone, and with the soul network broken, the Dark Sphere, as a cult, truly was no more.
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

The Dark Sphere Empty Re: The Dark Sphere

Post by Mordazan Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Yes, the Dark Sphere is disbanded. Well, it is actually passed to Ataris and as such it still exists, but in all other things it is disbanded.

It is a terrible thing, to see such a great work crumble before you, but sometimes it is better to let the old die so that new, enthusiastic and innovative ideas may have room to prosper.

The characters in the Sphere isn't dead, though. Some may continue their dark ways and some may try different things, it is all up to the future now.

Thanks to all that ever played alongside The Sphere and helped out in events and the like.
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Really a shame, especially when cultist Rp isn't something you see often anymore these days. The first RP guild I've ever joined, perhaps a proper time to thank you lot for teaching me to RP <3. I wish you all well for the future.

Edit: Awesome story, by the way.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:14 pm

A huge loss.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Greatest guild I have ever been in.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Yeah sad to see it's gone Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmand Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Sad to hear, you guys were always my fav cultists. Always hoped we would have one more duskwood campaign...Sad

Hopefull some way in the future it may happen.

Awesome story too!
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Awh maan... Seems we'll have to keep the legend going anyhow Very Happy
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Oh, I was wondering, do you perhaps have some more lore about the strong being? And perhaps a better description too? I am interested Smile
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thonian/Gashwille/Markyth Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:57 pm

The guild has given me great RP over the past few years, and I've enjoyed every bit of it. Thank you, Sphere!

Character sheet
Name: Thonian the Tyrrean
Title: Vanquisher of the Chapter of Holy Anethion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ondius Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:41 am

It was a privilege to serve as one of the front people for the Sphere during its latest times. I reckon some of us will still be around to cause some trouble, who knows Smile

Ondius

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 am

As with many, I am glad you took the chance to disband, instead of fading into obscurity. We may now forever look fondly at the rise and fall of an amazing guild who I was lucky to rp with. Smile
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:15 am

It's a shame to see you walk, I've always liked the Dark Sphere - One of my favorite guilds, yet I never got to spend much time with you fellows. I do know that one of my characters will be utterly pleased, and that's Jehorius - Jezzek, on the other hand... That's another story. Best of luck to all of you, and thanks for all the events and time shared together. I hope we stumble into each other again!
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:07 am

I must say, i've never had a chance to properly RP with you guys on any of my characters, but i've seen you out and about and it was always good Rp. Such a shame I never joined the guild or got involved at anytime!
(though, the fact I never did get involved is probably why it was so good in the first place Very Happy)
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:26 am

Shame really. I had some great RP with the Sphere. It will hopefully be revived sometime in the future.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:53 am

Such a shame, really great guild. Thanks for the roleplay and cross faction roleplay we had together! Was really fun. And great story you wrote there mord!
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:45 am

one of the servers great leviathans has sunk back into the merky depths.

let us remember its rein of terror, its power and notority. let us remember fondly.

a great shame! i sorely miss the days when the sphere would pummel ol'Seiken. i hope you some day muster your strength a new!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Back in the days when as a Spherite if you walked the streets of Stormwind other folk would be scared ahhh nostalgia Razz
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:58 pm

Disbanded...
Sad
A giant who is slumbering will again awaken.
Ephitos
Ephitos

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:02 pm

I'll always remember Vale's time in the Sphere - some of the most immersive roleplay I've ever had came from that lot. There were always rituals and plots evolving, always something lurking in the background.

Cheers for what TDS has done for the server, and hopefully someday it will rise again!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:33 pm

I feel I must contribute my thanks to the Sphere. Thanks to all the generations of different people in it. I loved my time in the Sphere and it was by far the greatest RP I've had. What I would give to relive the old vanilla days of TDS! Hope another great guild like this will rise from it's ashes. Although, TDS is known to have been reborn several times. Maybe it's life will be renewed and yet another era of glorydays will come? Thanks again.

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:38 pm

I find this a great shame, Even If this Is an old thread...

I only got to Rp with them through the Duskwood campaign and It was truely an epic experience, I'll miss you guys.

P.S...Where did the Hand of Nightmare go. Ahum...
Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:26 am

I would like to thank The Dark Sphere for opening the possibilities of Alliance roleplay to me and basically show me the ropes to roleplaying; without your fantastic members I wouldn't be where I was today. Thank you for the excellent cultist roleplaying, and with that I simply leave the last thing I tried to contribute to the guild:

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Terenus Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:27 am

Damn, enjoyed my time in TDS and that story was good mord.
Terenus
Terenus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Gah! It was a pleasure roleplaying, with a numerous ammount of you all... I'd like to thank Mordazan, for being a fantastic master to me (always lashing, can't get enough!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next