Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP-NElf] Song of Elune: Rituals of War

+3
Nithel
Mikasa
Shaelyssa
7 posters

Go down

[RP-NElf] Song of Elune: Rituals of War Empty [RP-NElf] Song of Elune: Rituals of War

Post by Shaelyssa Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 pm

SONG OF ELUNE: RITUALS OF WAR

[RP-NElf] Song of Elune: Rituals of War Rogue05large

EVENT DETAILS:

Date: 19/03/11
Time: 20:00 CET.
Description: An in-character gathering of like-minded night elves to try and return the ancient traditions of old.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky hung thick with the midwinter’s heavy mantle; far below that cloudy canopy stretched out an endless blanket of trees, their branches weighed down with large and leathery leaves. Beneath this dense covering of green was an empty and secluded vale, and lying ominously within the pretentious vale’s centre was a circle of small stones, their edges smoothed and lined with the heavy fingerprints of an ancient people.

From the dense darkness of the forest crept out a decorated group of people, their faces masked with streaks of red, green, and blue which overlaid the violet hues of their skin. They gathered around the stone circle, their naked skin glimmering with the light of the blue fire which shimmered in a carved, wooden goblet.

And the moonlight streamed through the trees, and it elated them, the drifting clouds sobered them, and the moon’s ascension into the watery tempest which rained upon them stupefied them. They raised their arms into the air and danced here and there as the torrent of water soaked through them, their arms moving to their ethereal song as the trees moved side to side with the rhythm of the wind:

“Oh stars, and moon, and skies, alight!
Hear our voices, heed our call:
Our sorrow deepens, our hearts so contrite,
As upon us did your light no longer fall –“

The assembled group jumped into the air, their bodies contorting with the beat of their song. Their voices resounded through the vale, the song pulsating and throbbing like some wild beast. They produced from the ground the bloody skins of some green animal, and these they draped over their bare bodies, the liquid rubies dripping down over their skin as they continued to sing:

“Your children’s foes lay steeped in earth,
We bring to you their robes of flesh;
So mark us with your love and mirth,
And set the blazing fire afresh –“

The goblet of blue fire was tossed into the stone circle, and the baby fire roared to life. The fire’s blue flames licked the dancers’ gory garments as they casted them into the fire, their song now building into a loud crescendo. They twitched this way and that¸ arms twisting and warping into knotted yet fluid motions as their voices resonated through the entire forest:

“Sing to She who ascends the night,
The Night Warrior of sovereign might:
She whose wrath is like the coming waves,
Fierce like the strongest blaze,
And relentless in all ways!”

And the quiet then came, and the winds ceased their howling, and the clouds above parted as the silver moon shone bright through its starry frame.

“Zin-al-Elune,
Zin-al-Elune,
Zin-al-Elune,
Zin-al-Elune.”

[RP-NElf] Song of Elune: Rituals of War Envzcolormounthyjal2lar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC:

Elune be with you.

"Song of Elune: Rituals of War" is the second event in the "Song of Elune" series. It is not related to the former "Song of Elune" event, but it will hopefully be a part of a series of events which will try and promote (even more) role-play in Kalimdor. This event will reflect the more feral and aggressive side of the night elves; a side which when confronted with the destruction of their sacred and ancestral homeland, will lead them to the ancient rituals and traditions of war.

At this "Song of Elune" event, the night elves will be performing a series of ancient rituals which were rediscovered in Desolace. They will attempt to call upon Elune's blessing to aid them in the war against the enemies of Kalimdor. It will be similar to the previous "Song of Elune" event, however, this time around the night elves will try to call upon the darker side of Elune!

Until then, if anyone is interested in participating in the actual event (as in being included in part of the ritual and not just being a spectator), or if you have any suggestions, feedback, or ideas, please contact me in-game on "Shaelyssa" or on this forum. Thank you, I hope to see many of you there. I will release further details as the event-date approaches. :)

May your troubles be diminished.

*Side note:
This event was inspired by these three quests:

"Ten Pounds of Flesh":

"According to ancient legend, this ancient brazier was placed here for the performing of sacrifices.

From what little you remember of the stories, a blessing is bestowed upon the being who places the flesh of Elune's enemies on the brazier's burning embers.
Looking around, you determine that the satyrs who now possess this region would likely qualify."

"To The Hit!":

"The handmaiden of Elune! It's even more glorious than the stories tell.

The legends surrounding this relic come to your mind as you draw near it:
In ancient time, after battle, the enemies' weapons were to be cast upon the basin in exchange for a divine gift of some sort.
As you ponder this ritual, the glint of steel catches your eye from a nearby weapon rack...."

"Nothing a Couple of Melons Won't Fix":

"The markings on the ruins here make one thing clear: There is something special about the old fountain in the Sanctuary of Elune.
It would seem that one could expect special power from washing their face in the fountain. First, of course, there would need to be something in the ancient fountain with which to wash.
Pondering this problem, you spot a melonfruit at the base of a nearby tree...."

Last edited by Shaelyssa on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

[RP-NElf] Song of Elune: Rituals of War Empty Re: [RP-NElf] Song of Elune: Rituals of War

Post by Mikasa Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Stupid flappies not wanting to be social with other racing, just hiding in their cute little forest. Bleh.

Sounds pretty interesting, nice read.. G'luck and enjoy :3
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

[RP-NElf] Song of Elune: Rituals of War Empty Re: [RP-NElf] Song of Elune: Rituals of War

Post by Shaelyssa Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Thanks Mika Smile and you can always just make a night elf alt to come Wink...
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:12 am

Rituals!? Where do I sign up!? This is amazing

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Shaelyssa wrote: and you can always just make a night elf alt to come Wink...

Then I'd force myself to level up the character, as I can't have them low levels on my character screen, would then consume all my time :[ And who wants to be flappy?

Last edited by Mikasa on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:36 pm

Whom must I bribe to be allowed as a non-nelf?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Neferi Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:38 pm

I really think this is one of thouse things that will strictly be kept a elf only thing!
Neferi
Neferi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:09 pm

*shrug* I think having some racial restrictions is just fine. This is an inner sanctum of the Elven religion. Filling it with 5 Worgen, 3 Gnomes, 2 Humans, 2 Draenei and 4 Elves would give it an absurd scene. The day we stop making rules about races is the day rolling a race ceases to have any depth unless you consider Worgen sniffing your arse to add dept to RP. I'm tempted to roll an Elf to join the event and participate in the Elven event rather than taint it with my robe fiddling Human presence.

I mean...
Once upon an event, there was a Gnome, an Elf, a Human and a Worgen... Oh wait no.. that was a joke. (pun intended. get it? Wink )

This isn't an attack on anyone, by all means I don't mean anything offensive. This reaction is somewhat out of context but more a general observation. I get the feeling people try to create "omni" characters that can go anywhere and do anything, rather than adhere the spirit of roleplay and make a character fit for the event. It's natural, I think, considering we have to level and train a character and at the same time we do not only want to contribute to the community but also 'prove' our activity and dedication with our presence in the form of this character. But I feel we are stealing some of our identity and creativity if we allow this crossbreeding of lore to be the norm.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:47 pm

I have postponed this until next month - I am very sorry!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Máire Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:18 am

Shaelyssa wrote:I have postponed this until next month - I am very sorry!

I'm not, now I'll be able to join.
Yey!
Máire
Máire

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:55 am

Thanks for bringing this back to my attention... I should get started on that Nelf.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:33 pm

Im so sorry but Im going to have t o delay this even more ... I feel terrible about this bleh but I found out my race is on that day!! Im really sorry, I'll try to set a proper date and stick to it soon :]. Thank you
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down