Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield Project [interest check]

+5
Anjilo
Elízabéth Moren
Kozgugore Feraleye
(Goggy) - Exilius
Kil'drakor
9 posters

Go down

Battlefield Project [interest check] Empty Battlefield Project [interest check]

Post by Kil'drakor Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:29 pm

I have been working on a little project to make RP-PvP more of a competition and more dynamic. I am working on a little flash gadget that shows the hemispheres of influence of both the Horde and the Alliance in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Though I am no wiz, I am trying hard to read a bunch of nasty tutorials. I have also come up with a few rules.

•You can’t conquer the opposing faction’s homelands (AKA regions with a capitol).
•You can only conquer areas adjacent to a region within your hemisphere. So, say, you have conquered the Arathi Highlands, but not the Hillsbrad Foothills. That means you cannot conquer Silverpine Forest. First, you need to take the Foothills.
•Natural boundaries cannot be crossed either. In example: you can’t conquer the Hinterlands via the Arathi Highlands, as a mountain range without a passage divides these regions
•Both factions need to make clear when they are conquering a certain zone, so that the other faction can prepare and defend.
•Only one region can be contested per night (how many times a week any fighting takes place is debatable).
•After a month, the faction’s army with the most regions conquered is declared the winner of AWESOMESAUCE – that’s right, no prizes. Just fun!

To make this kind of event work, naturally both sides need to make agreements on warfare rules (how many resses, numbers, objectives that need to be completed to be declared victor etc.). Naturally, this is flexible, as IC circumstances weigh as much a role in this as the PvP aspect. If this thing has sparked some interest, we’ll get around to the details, surely.

Anyway, I made this post for two reasons. Firstly, to probe interest for such a contest of conquering as much of the regions of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor as possible. Secondly, to check if the current influence division I made up to kick it off would be not too immersion breaking (see below).

Oh, and if anyone here has mad flash skills: please, I could use the help .

Eastern Kingdoms
Horde (9)
Quel Danas
Quel Thalas
Ghostlands
Tirisfal Glades
Silverpine Forest
Hillsbrad Foothills
Alterac
Swamp of Sorrows
Stranglethorn Vale

Alliance (9)
Elwynn Forest
Westfall
Redridge Mountains
Duskwood
Dun Morogh
Loch Modan
Wetlands
Hinterlands
Blasted Lands

Contested (5)
Arathi Highlands
Burning Steppes
Deadwind Pass
Badlands
Searing Gorge

Neutral (3)
Eastern Plaguelands
Western Plaguelands
Gilneas

Kalimdor
Horde (7)

Mulgore
Durotar
Northern Barrens
Southern Barrens
Thousand Needles
Azshara
Tanaris

Alliance (7)

Teldrassil
Darkshore
Azuremyst Isle
Bloodmyst Isle
Winterspring
Felwood
Dustwallow Marsh

Contested (5)

Ashenvale
Stonetalon Mountains
Desolace
Feralas
Silithus

Neutral (3)
Moonglade
Mt. Hyjal
Un’Goro Crater

Last edited by Gnash on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Battlefield Project [interest check] Empty Re: Battlefield Project [interest check]

Post by Kil'drakor Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Maybe this will make my idea a bit more clear.

Red represents the Horde regions
Blue the Alliance regions
Orange are contested regions

ACTIONSHOT POWPOW!
Battlefield Project [interest check] Battlefieldpj

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Battlefield Project [interest check] Empty Re: Battlefield Project [interest check]

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Might be an interesting thing once Cataclysm hits us, and proper warfare and a new age of lore is introduced. Smile
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Sounds a little Total War-esque. In other words, I like!

You might want to add this to the WPvP Campaign thread, or perhaps it ought to be merged with it. At least, I think it comes down to the same thing. Just that we discussed even smaller pieces of regions there.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:35 am

Gileas will be Alliance capitol in Cataclysm though, no?

Otherwise... Will it be tied to a server or something to display the changes, or is it made as a separate "game" from WoW alltogether?

Also, why flash? We can just make a tiny PhP-based site (Well I can... I think xD) for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:54 am

Sounds brilliant and it would be truely awesome if it happned! Great idea Marrenus, I support it.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:56 am

Actually all it takes is

1) Domain name
2) Map of Azeroth
3) Photoshop

I have 2 and 3 but not 1. >_<

OR an even better idea.
An addon that tracks the objectives and switches the zone owners based on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anjilo Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:49 am

Marrenus wrote:Gileas will be Alliance capitol in Cataclysm though, no?
I'm going to bet on it being a new battleground actually, don't remember where I saw it and I'll try and dig it up.
but on topic, the whole Idea sounds fantastic but incredibly hard to pull off.
getting both sides to agree on who won battles will be the hardest thing.
Anjilo
Anjilo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:54 am

Sounds awesome! While not being much of W-PvPer myself, I do have a few suggestions:

First of all, I urge you to remember that some people use some zones as their main RP zone. Here I am refering to Duskwood, which is used by several guilds for RP, including my own.
And I can tell you that The Sphere is not really a W-PvP guild, so we wouldn't be able to defend it properbly either.

I'm just saying: Keep that in mind!

Aside from that, work on the rules of engagement! A good OOC communication, equal numbers and equal powerlevel is usually good basics to start out with if the event is to be fair and fun for both sides.
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:57 am

Otherwise... Will it be tied to a server or something to display the changes, or is it made as a separate "game" from WoW alltogether?
Also, why flash? We can just make a tiny PhP-based site (Well I can... I think xD) for it.

A site would be much easier, indeed. People can easily edit it. It would have room for profiles, a calendar, objectives per zone etc. The reason why I didn't try that, is because basically I suck at building websites. And about Gilneas: I had rather wanted this to launch pre cataclysm. Just to see if it's workable. A kind of experiment, really.

Mordazan wrote:First of all, I urge you to remember that some people use some zones as their main RP zone. Here I am refering to Duskwood, which is used by several guilds for RP, including my own.
And I can tell you that The Sphere is not really a W-PvP guild, so we wouldn't be able to defend it properbly either.

I'm just saying: Keep that in mind!

Aside from that, work on the rules of engagement! A good OOC communication, equal numbers and equal powerlevel is usually good basics to start out with if the event is to be fair and fun for both sides.

Isn't that fun too? That people who use a zone as a hub need to evacuate their region. Better yet, some of them take up arms and start a guerilla warfare. There are enough possibilities, and none of them would ruin roleplaying per se.

And agreed on the communication. It happened enough times that the Horde was simply trampled by the Alliance. Numbers really do make a difference.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasjin Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:15 am

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:Might be an interesting thing once Cataclysm hits us, and proper warfare and a new age of lore is introduced. Smile

As Exilius pointed out here, I think the idea would indeed be best suited for the arival of Cataclysm, as a lot more Eastern Kingdom and Kalimdor lore will be changed such as Horde and Alliance forces making progression and a new tide of battle begining between them.
Tasjin
Tasjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Wouldn't it actually be interesting to try and play out our WPvP battles in accordance to the eventual lore-correct outcome in Cataclysm? The latest campaigns we've had in Ashenvale already somewhat back up the fact that the Horde will somewhat take it over, just to name an example.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Think it would be good to start before cataclysm, then when it ravages everywhere the factions with control over the zones will have to start doing things such as rebuilding and such. There could even be civil wars and revolts due to the horde/alliance not being adequately equipped to keep the area safe and other such things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:Wouldn't it actually be interesting to try and play out our WPvP battles in accordance to the eventual lore-correct outcome in Cataclysm? The latest campaigns we've had in Ashenvale already somewhat back up the fact that the Horde will somewhat take it over, just to name an example.

Very interesting, though that would mean the winner would be set in stone for most battles. Wouldn't it? :X

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:59 pm

In effect, yes. But that doesn't mean that we can't make the course of the battles something interesting to remember either! For example, even if the Horde would emerge victorious over Ashenvale in the end, the elves could still launch some nasty ambushes from the shadows while the bulk of the Horde forces chop their way through the trees.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:09 pm

A recent interview revealed Gilneas gets taken over by the Forsaken reinforcments, with the Alliance evacuating the remaining population and only a few gurillea fighters staying behind.

Alliance players then return to Gilneas at a higher level and liberate it as part of a phased event although Greymane City won't function as a capital in the traditional sense. Think of it more like Stromgarde in-game is now.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:12 pm

How are we going to play that out then?

That Gilneas will be under Forsaken control for awhile and then eventually we'll switch hands.

Or simply, start with the Alliance re-taking emmidiately seeing as the Quests are already available. :O
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:15 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:How are we going to play that out then?

That Gilneas will be under Forsaken control for awhile and then eventually we'll switch hands.

Or simply, start with the Alliance re-taking emmidiately seeing as the Quests are already available. :O

Well, I imagine until the Furri- pardon, Worgen are leveling, for server-lore purposes it could remain in Forsaken hands. After a fair number of Gilneans hit 85 (and in turn, completing the phased event) we could see to it (A chain of WPvP events?) that IC it is returned to Gilnean hands.

Then again, I highly doubt the Forsaken would be well and truely routed even after the phased quest.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:18 pm

True enough, but we'd be pushed back nonetheless, but yeah. I cannot wait for Gilneas and it's Transylvanian/Victorian setting. Very Happy

And to kill you fur fa- Ehm, yeah, rend your fuzzy canine heads whilst I soar the skies and cackle in glee. ^^

It'll be neat, hopefully there will be some RP friendly empty areas there!
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:19 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:True enough, but we'd be pushed back nonetheless, but yeah. I cannot wait for Gilneas and it's Transylvanian/Victorian setting. Very Happy

And to kill you fur fa- Ehm, yeah, rend your fuzzy canine heads whilst I soar the skies and cackle in glee. ^^

It'll be neat, hopefully there will be some RP friendly empty areas there!

Truer words were never spoken. I take off my Head to you sir!

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:25 pm

I take off my Head to you sir!

And I humbly accept it!
( <-See Avatar )

Edit: Does it match my skin?
I don't look too bad in this, do I?
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Hehe ^^
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:23 pm

It fits you very well Exilius! As for the whole Re: Battlefield Project [interest check]
by Gunnell/Graham/Alefadr Today at 3:15 pm

.(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:
How are we going to play that out then?

Or simply, start with the Alliance re-taking emmidiately seeing as the
Quests are already available. :O

Well, I imagine until the Furri- pardon, Worgen are leveling, for server-lore purposes it could remain in Forsaken hands. After a fair number of Gilneans hit 85 (and in turn, completing the phased event) we could see to it (A chain of WPvP events?) that IC it is returned to Gilnean hands.

Then again, I highly doubt the Forsaken would be well and truely routed even after the phased quest.

/Approove
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:31 pm

"The worgen starting zone actually begins in a flashback. Gilneas is besieged by the Forsaken and gripped with rumors of plague. You meet a dissenter, Crowley, who believes that Gilneas' isolationism is a mistake and that they should rejoin the Alliance. When the worgen curse comes, you and Crowley lead the defensive, but are pushed back to the city cathedral, where you realize that the worgen you are fighting are your own friends and neighbors driven feral. As you realize this, the curse takes you.

Flash forward to some months later, when you're captured in the countryside by your old friend Crowley. From here, the portion we saw at BlizzCon begins."

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:37 pm

'' The following months are a period of depression as your character, mind no longer clouded by the Worgen curse's influence, realises what he/she done during their period of bloodlust and feral frenzy

Emo-period follows.-
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down