Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A]Wanted: Warlock RP

+11
Aadaria-Ioanna
Valerias
Braiden
Jayse
Lavian
Albaricus
Ledgic
Ara
Rmuffn
Jeanpierre
Muzjhath
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A]Wanted: Warlock RP Empty [A]Wanted: Warlock RP

Post by Muzjhath Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:02 pm

So, I very recently transferred my Human Warlock over to DB in hope of actually playing it a bit, and getting some RP on the other side of the border at times.
So now I'm looking for actually do some of that role playing with. Specifically someone who'd like to take it on themselves to train/tutor a naïve young untrained warlock.
I don't want someone who screams “I am evil” as my character would shy away from someone like that. But rather someone who blends in with society more than not. (If your character in question is morally dark grey I do not care, more the feeling of the character for someone who doesn't know him/her.) Also, the trainee in question is somewhat unaware of just exactly what it is she dabbles with. The person who started her on the path has only said that it is the arcane and that there is nothing sinister behind it. (Yes, he was not telling the truth).

So, if you feel like getting some RP where you have the role of a Mentor/Teacher/Trainer, put a note down here, or send an in game mail to Samtil, who is the character in question (Or PM me over the forum, or all three if you feel like spamming me).
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

[A]Wanted: Warlock RP Empty Re: [A]Wanted: Warlock RP

Post by Jeanpierre Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:44 pm

I recently chatted with a guy with the name Serái. I don't know him well at all, but he seems experienced in roleplaying and mentioned something along these lines recently.
I'll give your name to him.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:12 pm

I would deffinately suggest Lady Sophyra.
/sagenod
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:10 am

Shocked freaky this popped up.I've been wanting to RP my warlock soooooo badly I started a new character (seeing as I screwed up on my first attempt to RP a warlock with Kyrby.Though some say different I dunno) Neutral Gimme a shout I love trying to be evil
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Always up for getting into some actual warlock RP with mine. It's never really happened, but if something can be set up n' such, I'd definitely be up for taking part.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 pm

B4 I left I had Luthian set up a "workshop" of sorts in that tower in EF outside SW.I planned to get some ppl together and use stone Carin Lake to do rituals but nothing ever happened.Spend alot of time out there now doing small rituals solo ect.Dunno if that helps
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Albaricus Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:11 am

If you're looking for role play as a warlock and want to do rituals and more. You should give The Dark Sphere a chance.
Albaricus
Albaricus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:39 am

Just noticing this. Feel free to poke me if you want to set up something. My warlock, Ireth isn't the main focus anymore but she's still around and yeah I have seen plenty of Warlock RP in my 5 years of playing it. Actually when I think about it the last year has been training newbloods. Interesting...

However I am willing to do the whole mentor thing. It's a kind of fun concept when you're not doing it for the blatent obvious intentions of evil. I mean, right and wrong is subjective.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Sounds fun.Spent today IC slaughtering elementals as a wizard claiming it as normal non fel magic.If anybody ever notices me running off changing gear I'm screwed where's a telephone booth when you need one Very Happy

We should all form a coven and beat the $h%t out of all those new locks who will arrive with cata being all friendly and normal and dare I say g...g..gg.. good Mad
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Kyrby, if that's your attitude you won't like my lock. While she'll hide what she is (and, partly, be ignorant about it). She'll never do anything she can clearly see is bad. (For a few years).
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:44 pm

What! She's not even going to work in the shadows to advance her own plans / manipulate the innocent to do her bidding affraid

That being said I sense some good RP there.Fighting temptation ect.Hopefully I'll be around to nudge you toward the darkside

Not really against good RP in any form (just incase anyone misunderstands)A goodie goodie warlock reminds me of Twilight which I hate those who know me know how much I h8 it Twisted Evil
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 am

Considering that it's a naïve girl of max 17 who's never done anything worse than breaking her mothers favourite vase. It'll take some fel curruption before she get's any big ideas. That's why anyone who seem's evil at a glance is a bit out of the question. (Old and just a bit nasty is no problem) And that she's basicly just gotten open to Fel Magic, and practised it for maybe three months in secret, no real time for the fel curruption to really take hold.
The bad stuff might quite likely come later, but not all warlocks start out bad.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 am

"but not all warlocks start out bad"

Truth. It all takes time. Doesn't start overnight as some do not seem to realise. I've admired this as most of those I have mentored in the past were surprisingly people of good nature and intentions with troubled instincts and the dampness of the taint at its minimal level. It really made for alot of interesting Role-play too as it gave a bigger variety of options of subtle routes to the more diverse aspects of the arts. I only had a minority come up and go all "RAWR TRAIN ME 2 BE POWERFUL YO" which makes for the boring variations and frankly not worth the entertainment value of it all.

Personal past experience Kyrby has told me that open evil is the most boring crap I had ever dragged through in terms of warlock roleplay. While yes, warlocks are more or less known as evil overlords that train years to burn every kitten stuck in a tree instead of helping it down. The drudgery and snorefest of it all really doesn't make it for fun roleplay in my opinion. Be subtle, throw in moral issues and testimant to human faith and you got some good recipe for good drama to being a witch/warlock in their advancing phase. Making a coven to "Beat the shit out of the good guys" is perhaps in my opinion a less creative use to the warlocks lore, I have been through the coven phase myself and it loses its appeal fast honestly.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:12 am

*watches*
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:15 am

Damm.Well back to the drawing board for me I want to get this lock character right
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:19 am

Good luck with it then. And g'luck to you too Marogg. Smile

EDIT: Keep in mind those were my opinions to interesting warlock role-play, some seem to enjoy the more direct routes of openess fun. Good for them but I learned its not just for me. Smile

So go with what you feel most comfortable with. Smile
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 am

My warlock is rather entertaining, and he's essentially only shadow based. Easily my most ego-driven and arrogant character ever, even if he rather amusing. Wasn't there an old sort of.. circle of sorts for warlock gatherings not too long ago?

Would it be worth trying to re-start something like that?
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:37 am

Ledgic/Omanos wrote:My warlock is rather entertaining, and he's essentially only shadow based. Easily my most ego-driven and arrogant character ever, even if he rather amusing. Wasn't there an old sort of.. circle of sorts for warlock gatherings not too long ago?

Would it be worth trying to re-start something like that?

You mean the circle I ran or another I am unaware of?

In honesty Led, the circle can be fun but only if you can steer away from the cliche of must destroy good. Otherwise it feels like it loses its novelty fast. Though I would suggest if you want to go for a circle based role-play, go for it. Razz. Ex had some good circle stuff going aswell actually if I recall. If you're intrigued on the idea of it Led. I could help out.

Also ego-driven and arrogant... Now I am sure Ledgic fits that one too Very Happy /cough.

EDIT: My opinion of an ideal circle however is a haven for witches* and warlocks to meet up and converse and dabble at their own leasure out of harms way without public exposure to the outside world of any cost. No michievious work that would trail back to the circle etc. I always was defensive when it came to the lamb coven due to the lore implications and suggestions of anyone getting close to knowing of it when they should not is slain (There's a quest attached to this).

Guess what I am asking Led is what is your ideal image of how a circle or coven should be like?

Witches*: I use the term witch because it fits for the female equiv of warlock. Not sure if any other agree on that. I've seen nothing against it in WoW lore.

Also damn, I am going off topic from Marogg's LFRP topic so I should stop, heh.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Just doing a little thinking and comparing various Warlock sterotypes from different aspects of fiction. (mostly chaos sorcers from warhammer nerdy I know) *Probably was a bad idea to cross geners yea

Seems that locks / demon worshipers in general would only come together in groups if under threat from a common enemy or if one crazy powerfull lock summoned em all.Otherwise they seem to act all secluded or con simple ppl into doing stuff Embarassed

Again probably down to the different plot of the alternate subject matter
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:27 pm

Shows how well you know Ledgic then, Melf Wink

Anyway, I wasn't saying -I- wanted to start one, was just asking whether it was worth anyone bothering. I don't have enough time as it is to start anything new.

Though, my 'idea' of a circle would just be secluded, more or less. I don't RP my warlock in the stereotypical 'RARGH I AM EVIL' sense anyway. Just all depends on what a circle of such people would do besides causing chaos.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:37 pm

The possibilitys of being a warlock/witch is not very limited. Tough openly preforming their arts would not be something most warlocks would do as I see it. Even tough it is legal to be a warlock in the cultures that have them (exept for the heavy demonic stuff in some) it is usually looked upon with suspicion.

I would say they come in all packages with some examples being the antihero that does not let the ethics of society getting in his way of ridding the alliance/horde/faction/guild/family/friends of it's enemies (think the Arthas kind of person, corruption may come natural in time), the hermite having grown tierd of the world minding his own business (or planning for world domination), the power monger that wants to be powerful for some reason (for example by ruling over some area) and the cultist that is usually part of some evil scheme (or good, depending on how you view it. I personally would love to see a cult with other things then destruction in mind).

I think it would be a good idea to have a warlock meeting/ritual sometime, now with the cities in fear of the elemental invasions and the world in chaos would be an excellent time to gain influence by stepping up. The only question would be what would motivate the warlocks to expose themselves to others if they prefer to be secretive.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Braiden wrote:The possibilitys of being a warlock/witch is not very limited. Tough openly preforming their arts would not be something most warlocks would do as I see it. Even tough it is legal to be a warlock in the cultures that have them (exept for the heavy demonic stuff in some) it is usually looked upon with suspicion.

As quoted. Openly performing your arts/not being very careful is the guarenteed way to get a metaphorical SI7 SWAT entry through your bedroom window. Just a note Wink
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:52 pm

I was talking about preforming them when you have the legal right to just like it is with physical force and other magical practices (aka not frying random peoples brains out with shadow magic), with the obvious exeption of demonology since summoning demons is not allowed in most cases afaik (Alliance side at least). Sorry if I was not clear.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:59 pm

What legal right?
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:58 pm

It's a tough one alright.Does anyone know under what circumstances lead to this acceptance or increased tolerance of locks lorewise?
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next