Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Prologue] Any means necessary

Go down

[Prologue] Any means necessary Empty [Prologue] Any means necessary

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Stormwind, Cathedral Square, 19:12, ~1 and a half years ago
Four masked men walked into the Cathedral of Light, each carrying a heavy pack. They went past the Paladin's quarter, right into the Library on the left side of the building.

-Are you sure this is the only way? - He asked.
-Trust me, the punishment we might get for this is nothing compared to the things that will happen if we don't... - One of the masked figures responded.

They dropped their packs onto the floor and revealed what was inside.

Bombs. Enough to destroy the very structure of this Cathedral if planted properly. They attached the explosives to the bookshelves and the columns; Leaving five or six simply lying in the middle of the room.

-Here goes nothing. - he said following the other three running out as fast as they can after setting the fuse ablaze.

The explosion was heared all across the land. Or at least so he thought, running away through the streets...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Spoiler:

Stormwind, The Blue Reculse, Two days earlier
-We must... Destroy... Books... Delryn... Light...! - The man that ran into the tavern was wearing crimson robe and a pointy hat, a wizard. Daeglin. Friend. Appearantly he was scared, as usually.
-Calm down! Tell me what exactly is your brilliant plan this time! - The Paladin who was tinkering with a black round bomb rose his head to look at the newcomer, still trying to detach the bomb's body.
-Delryn... I just found out... He will come to the Cathedral of Light... No no no... he will send one of his minions... To take the books! The books!
The Paladin blinked and said
-Books? What, is he going to raise a book golem or something?
-No! The books about the Light! Should he possess their knowledge, we will be doomed! DOOMED I AM TELLING YOU! - The Wizard started breathing heavily and finally started to get calmer somehow.
-So... Your plan? - The Paladin finally got the bomb open as the powder showered out and covered the table along with his metal legplates.
-We must destroy the library! Take every sinigle bomb you have, we will need ALL OF THEM! - The Wizard took a deep breath.
-My friend... This plan is insane. But maybe it is insane enough to work, as usually. - The paladin gathered the black powder all over the table into one neat little pile - Give me some time to prepare.

Elwynn Graveyard, a year after
"Three Victims. Three innocent victims. A year ago they were just normal citizens, minding their own business, passing time in the safest place imaginable when it went ablaze... All my fault. Those three deaths could have been avoided, if not for the crazy Wizard's plan.

But who knows...
Maybe this sacrifice saved a thousand lives... The Wizard was never wrong before, untill the Lich King's grasp finally got him."

He left four white roses at the grave of those nameless folks. He never knew them, yet he felt he was bound to watch over them in death as it was his fault.

He went into the sunset. This chapter of His life was completed.

Back to top Go down