Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Fitzgerald's 'Come Fishing' Contest comes to Stormwind!

4 posters

Go down

Alex Fitzgerald's 'Come Fishing' Contest comes to Stormwind! Empty Alex Fitzgerald's 'Come Fishing' Contest comes to Stormwind!

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Alex Fitzgerald's 'Come Fishing' Contest comes to Stormwind! Come_f10

"Three-fourths of Azeroth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good makers intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. - Alex Fitzgerald.

Yes! The Come Fishing travelling fishing contest is coming to Stormwind! This contest is world-renouned amongst the most successful fishers on Azeroth! Hosted by the lovely and beautiful Alex Fitzgerald who has the occasional dinner party with Nat Pangle and Marcia Chase (that's how big she is in the fishing world)! She'll be setting up camp in Stormwind soon and has brought her contest with her!

Ranging from the most fish caught of a single type, rarest fish caught or most interesting piece of junk! The contest has a wide variety of categories for people of all ages! From the most experienced veteran to the youngest child who can barely hold a fishing rod! The contest will be centered in Stormwind, but will take you all over the Eastern Kingdoms depending on your skills with a rod!

So what do you need to compete?

To register for the competition all you have to do is attend the opening Ceremony which will take place at the Stormwind Harbour on <date> at <time>.

You will have to bring with you the following items/requirements;

-A Fishing Rod
-The Ability to Fish
-An Awesome or Simple fishing Costume! (not required, but encouraged.)
-A Method of Travel (for those competing outside Stormwind.)
-A five gold entry fee. (To fund prizes and the event.)

So what will take place at this competition?

Alex will be hosting competitions in various categories, examples of this are in the following skill-limits;

Stormwind Competitions; (Lowest Skill 1-225)
-Most Fish of a Specific Type Caught within time limit/Number of Specific Fish within time limit.
-Heaviest Catfish caught.
-Most Unique Catch. (This could include the small chest, the 1 ring, or even a potion!)

Stormwind fishing is -advised- to be done in the canals, however some of Alex's specific fish requests may only be catchable at the coast in the harbour. You'll just have to experiment!

Northern League; (Medium Skill 225-300)
-Specific Number of Fish Caught of One Type.
-Most Fish of a Certain Type.
-Most Rumsey Rum found. (Specific to Pools.)
-Most Boxes of Junk.
-Most Unique Find.

The Northern League will take place in the Arathi Highlands and Alterac Mountains. After the announcing of the Stormwind conditions, the Northern League will be explained. Each category will be specified. We recommend that you posess a method of travel if you wish to take part in the Northern League, as the distance is great.

The Jaguero Trek; (High Skill 300)
-Most Fish Caught of a Specific Type.
-The Most Clams found.
-The Heaviest Grouper caught.
-Most Unique Find.

The Jaguero Trek takes place on the South-Eastern Island of Jaguero in the Stranglethorn Vale. These waters require expertise and cunning. Made to challenge the greatest fishermen and women. This competition is recommended to those who are veterans as the Jungles are not a friendly place due to native trolls.

Once all the categories and specifics have been announced, you will be allowed to run rampant for <Time> until the competition will be called to a close. You will have from between <time> and <time> to register your catches with our judges. Any entries after <time> cannot and will not be accepted.

General Competition Categories;
-The Most Impressive Catch.
-The Most Fish Caught.
-The Most Junk Caught.
-The Heaviest Fish Caught. (Overall)
-The Most Unqiue/Rare Catch.
-The Least Fish Caught.
-The Newcomer Award. (Awarded Based on Judge's overview of performance.)
-The Veteran's Award. (Awarded Based on Judge's overview of performance.)

The King/Queen of the Come Fishing Contest.

After all is said and done, the judges will convene and decide on the overall winner of the contest. This person will recieve the most illustrious prize in the treasurey and the title of 'Stormwind's Fishing Champion.' Recognised by the Stormwind Council as a legitimate title.

How will you know what we've caught?

Well, as you registered at the beginning, so will you check in at the end. One of the organizers will take -all- your catches, record them and then pass them onto the judging panel who will then discuss the prize categories. Once the all entries are in and the time limit is over, Alex Fitzgerald will hand out the various prizes and give a small speech. Afterwards, the crowning of the Stormwind Fishing Champion will take place.

What's up for grabs?

Here at the Come Fishing contest organization have been gathering for weeks just to bring you awesome and unique prizes! Ranging from beautiful gems, wonderful pets and weapons to the mundane yet wonderfully simple rewards such as flowers, quirky items and such. Plus a good day of fun followed by a prize award ceremony will guarantee a good time for all!

I hope to see you there,

-Alex Fitzgerald,
Owner of the Come Fishing Competition.

==Now the Discussion Bit==

How this will be done is through my main Anaei, who I have remodeled into 'Alex Fitzgerald', the skilled fisherwoman. The categories will be sorted by the staff and judging panel and the time limit needs to be discussed.

Basically what I need from -you- is help. Here is what I need;

-A Judging Panel. I want Julia as Minister of Culture on the panel, I want to try and make the rest of the judges vary, of course other ministers and chairladys may join the panel. I will be asking others that the server considers 'big characters'; e.g Dorik perhaps, Calisar/Nithel, A Draenei.. Or the like. Something along those lines. Any suggestions are open.

-Ways to improve. I require ideas to make this -absolutely- fantastic. If this works, i'll make it a quarter-yearly event. Every three months.

-Staff and help, I need people to help me make this event work and run smoothly.

Many thanks,
-Ana
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Alex Fitzgerald's 'Come Fishing' Contest comes to Stormwind! Empty Re: Alex Fitzgerald's 'Come Fishing' Contest comes to Stormwind!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Seems like a nice event!

But anyone can easily cheat by just pre-fishing or buying it from the action, then fake-fish some and deliver first!

Back to top Go down

Alex Fitzgerald's 'Come Fishing' Contest comes to Stormwind! Empty Re: Alex Fitzgerald's 'Come Fishing' Contest comes to Stormwind!

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:10 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:Seems like a nice event!

But anyone can easily cheat by just pre-fishing or buying it from the action, then fake-fish some and deliver first!

No one can prefish as they won't know the fish that must be collected. And as for the Auction House. We have.. Methods.

PLus alot of the 'unique catches' will be monitored by good old El's and the AH will be cleared out of them.

And if I notice cheating i'll just not bring the event back. The event is there for fun, everyone can win something we've been gathering for a while and i'm really looking forward to it.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Been sending my deposit of rewards! o/ Let me know if you need any help at all sorting this, Ana. Will be a fun event!
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:24 pm

Yay! Very Happy I'm delighted to see that you're finally having the chance to get this off the ground, and if there's anything I can do to help just give me a nudge.

As to the cheating, I surely hope that RPers wouldn't... I mean... it would make the event boring if you didn't fish yourself, no?
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:29 pm

I'd really like to encourage people of all levels and fishing skills to join up. We have prizes for EVERYONE! Honestly, nothing ventured nothing gained! Plus my little out-fit + turtle + lobster is so cute!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:57 am

I'm interested in this event ! Sound really nice !
I can help if you find my character worst it, if not, I'll participating
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down