Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[introduction] Bern.

Go down

[introduction] Bern. Empty [introduction] Bern.

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:04 pm

His hands on the ground, balancing himself with his crooked legs in air, Bern walked out the Undercity elevator. Jumping back on his feet he blurted the word "Bern", following it with a soft purr. He continued his clunky walk outside. Looking at his hands and cadavre like legs, he continued his purr, seeming content with his forsaken body. He stretched a hand, a flame springing in his palm. He purred. "Burn".
With a soft splat, his stomach dropped on the floor. Looking at the black decaying organ, Bern's eyes flickered briefly. After a brief inspection, he stuffed it in his mouth, the organ magically disappearing as he swallowed it. "Bern."

The creaking wheel and peddles alerted him of the zepelin above his head. "The Zepelin to Oggrimar has arrived!" A Goblin voice shouted. Quickly he scrambled forward, running on his feet, then on all fours, flowing over the ground with an unnatural speed.
He crawled into a corner of the Zepelin's hull, observing the other travelers around him quietly. They observed him too... mostly with disgust. Even the undead nun seemed displeased. He started to nibble his right leg.

"The Zepelin to Undercity has arrived!" the Goblin shouted. Bern jumped out of the zepelin and followed the other travelers down the tower. The group of travelers seemed to quicken their pace when they noticed his pursuit. Bern followed their lead.

The group came running past the gates of Oggrimar. Once inside, they scattered and Bern looked around in confusion. "Bern?"
Sniffing the ground he crawled to an inn. There was an Orc, sitting in a corner that drew his attention. He radiated something different than the other humanoids there. Bern's undead eyes remained fixed on him, trying to figure out what distinguished him.
The Orc silently observed the room in thought and finally rested his eyes on Bern, returning the stare quite indifferently. The lack of disgust intrigued Bern and he walked towards the Orc, taking a seat next to him, inspecting his dark attire closely.
"Bern."
The Orc raised his eyebrows and looked at Bern. He was about to say something when a grunt entered, cursing and swearing loudly about his work in undercity.

"Damn filthy job! Had to guard them for a month! And all because of them... wretched beings! Cursed they are. Why did the Warchief ever ally with them?".
The Grunt spotted Bern and spat on the floor in front of him. "I lost a brother at the wrath gate you filth. It's the fault of you and your accursed kin". Bern's eyes flickered for a brief moment and then he focused on his right arm, gnawing the bone. The Grunt spat on the floor again.
"Disgusting! I have to tolerate your stink in that cursed city. I will not tolerate it in my bar!". The other orcs became more alert and turned to observe the situation. Bern let go of his arm and sniffed his armpit, then looked up to the Grunt and shrugged. "Bern." He glanced at the strange Orc next to him. The Orc was observing the situation rather calmly.
The Grunt cursed. "I thought they burned all worthless junk instead of letting it come back to unlife. Perhaps I should give them a hand?"
"Burn?" Bern pulled a strand of hair from his skull (not so many remained) and summoned a flame in his palm, burning the hair. Sniffing the smoke from it, Bern laughed. "Hurr Hurr" he purred. He waved his hand and sent the stench to the Grunt. The Grunt turned red in fury and reached for his axe, sending it flying downwards toward Bern. Bern rolled to his side, dodging the axe as it slammed into the floor. Like a snake he curled himself up the shaft of the axe, crawling up the Grunt's massive arm, feet first. The Grunt shook his arm, trying to get rid of the pest but to no avail. He slammed his arm into the central pillar in the inn, sending shards of bone and decayed flesh flying around. A slimy goo, laden with maggots and an unquenchable stench, splashed over the Grunt. He began to puke. The other Orcs fled the Inn, apart from one.

Berns skull hubbled to a stop a few feet away. The skull rose in the air, his bits and pieces converging to a cloud of bones and cloth. With a soft crack Bern emerged fully from the cloud, staring at the Grunt.
"Bern."
He jumped the Orc from behind, pricking his vile sharpened finger bones in the Grunt's neck.
"Bheeee Sstillll" he rumbled. The Grunt did as told, struck with fear.
Bern began to lick the goo of the Grunt with his black tongue. The maggots he picked and ate.
When Bern finally finished, the Grunt walked out the inn with, what biologists would call a remarkably bleak tan.

Half dancing, half walking, Bern approached the only remaining Orc.
"Bern."
"I may have use for a creature with your abilities."
"Bern?"
"Yes."
"Burn?"
"That too."
"Forrrr Bern?"
The Orc nodded and held out a stretched a hand, summoning a crystal in it. "I will give you more and you will get your own."
Bern grabbed the crystal and purred. Then he stuffed it in his mouth. A brief purple flash appeared in his eyes and his bones started to shake. He fell on the ground, curling and rolling, purring loud in pleasure, drugged beyond control.
A few minutes later he redressed himself, his eyes glowing stronger than before. He sat down next to the Orc and huddled close to him, beginning to paw his shoulder. The Orc pushed him away.
"Now get out of my sight."
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down