Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blazing Shields are leaving Stormwind!

+30
Lazarous Cross
Kozgugore Feraleye
Saevir
Valdar/Melan
Zinkle Figgins
Eloresh
Jayse
Rargnasha
Geldar
Morgeth
Mikasa
Melnerag
Shaelyssa
Raviran / Reynar
Gesh
Magaskawee/Anaei
Ara
Mandui
Dorik Thunderbelly
Ralegh
itsy
Lavian
Cathee Norris
Gogol
Zhakiri
Khendran
Feydor
Gunnell
Jomir
Meralynn / Ashla
34 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Blazing Shields are leaving Stormwind! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Blazing Shields are leaving Stormwind!

Post by Mandui Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:44 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:
I think this every tuesday! Another excellent preformance by the councils' main shadowpriest! With her shadowform..
I have never used shadowform ICly unless attacked.
Mansfield \ Ath wrote:..dark forbidden greetings...
"Good evening" counts as a dark one...? Yikes >_>
Mansfield \ Ath wrote:...yet somehow she's there and totally immune to her lorewise heavy crimes!
Mandui has committed no crimes :<
Mansfield \ Ath wrote:Top notch roleplay!
Why thank you! Very Happy
Mansfield \ Ath wrote:That's how all human councillors should be!
I'm a Draenei, you need a pair of glasses :<
Mansfield \ Ath wrote:Worshipping the shadow <3 Good lore.
Mandui doesn't worship the Shadow ^^

Why so bitter, hm? It looks kinda silly when you go 13 year old mode, trying to justify some guards' shameful behavior by wildly throwing mud at others Razz Also, if you have issues with my roleplay, then you should talk about it. Holding back and having random outbursts like this one isn't good for you, you know :<

Anyways! Let's not derail this thread, shall we? It's about the Shields, not Mandui Razz
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

The Blazing Shields are leaving Stormwind! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Blazing Shields are leaving Stormwind!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Mandui wrote:Another excellent performance by the Shields tonight, full of nakedness, drunkenness and an overly exhibitionistic attitude in public, just like every decent guard should act <3 Will surely miss them while they're gone.

Mandui wrote:Why so bitter, hm? It looks kinda silly when you go 13 year old mode, trying to justify some guards' shameful behavior by wildly throwing mud at others Razz Also, if you have issues with my roleplay, then you should talk about it. Holding back and having random outbursts like this one isn't good for you, you know :<

Mandui wrote:Anyways! Let's not derail this thread, shall we? It's about the Shields, not Mandui Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:49 pm

I derailed the thread about the Shields...by mentioning the Shields? I don't get it :<
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Mandui wrote:I derailed the thread about the Shields...by mentioning the Shields? I don't get it :<

No you derailed the thread by being a massive twat please stop it now
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Mandui wrote:I derailed the thread about the Shields...by mentioning the Shields? I don't get it :<

We are sorry for playing flawed humans that make mistakes all the time and actually have emotions :<

I guess we should be perfect, worship the Light, wear tier 10 armour, never go off-duty, never swear, never get angry, always be 100% right, never get drunk and have fun IC. :< Nawh, we like to play realistic guards and that means making mistakes, being morally questionable at times, following the law, not poweremoting or metagaming, not being lorelol, and working together with the community. That you have to take our IC actions against us OOCly slightly dissapoints me, though. I would not mind at all if you would be to make a thread;

"The Blazing Shields misconducts."

And list all our in-character mistakes or whatnot. And if you have any OOC problem with them, discuss is there. My reply about the lorelol shadowpriest thing might have been abit hasty but when you go around saying "Shadows embrace" instead of "goodbye" that's definitly a - point.

Anyways, apologies if you felt offended. I just feel you need to seperate IC and OOC a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:

We are sorry for playing flawed humans that make mistakes all the time and actually have emotions :<

I guess we should be perfect, worship the Light, wear tier 10 armour, never go off-duty, never swear, never get angry, always be 100% right, never get drunk and have fun IC. :< Nawh, we like to play realistic guards and that means making mistakes, being morally questionable at times, following the law, not poweremoting or metagaming, not being lorelol, and working together with the community. That you have to take our IC actions against us OOCly slightly dissapoints me, though. I would not mind at all if you would be to make a thread;

"The Blazing Shields misconducts."

And list all our in-character mistakes or whatnot. And if you have any OOC problem with them, discuss is there. My reply about the lorelol shadowpriest thing might have been abit hasty but when you go around saying "Shadows embrace" instead of "goodbye" that's definitly a - point.

Anyways, apologies if you felt offended. I just feel you need to seperate IC and OOC a little.
Making mistakes is only natural for any character, as is learning from mistakes and improving. Humans do have flaws but they also possess the ability to learn out of mistakes and try not to repeat them. Seeing someone repeating the same mistake, even when after having it pointed out by others, is rather confusing. And thus, sarcasm is born.

"Shadow's Embrace" is a form of farewell that Mandui uses when speaking to people she knows well privately. She has never used it in the council meetings or genrally in public. If you have heard it somewhere, then it must have been behind a wall and it was surely not addressed to neither you, nor anyone she doesn't know personally. It still boggles me though that you mentioned that and not the "Light's Grace", which she also uses.

As for going OOC, I never did so, that's why I never poked any of you in whispers or created a thread. Your IC behavior will be dealt ICly. The comment I made is the IC opinion many people have about the Shields, including Mandui, even if stated in a rather sarcastic way. I think it's you who took it the OOC way, not the other way around.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Mandui wrote:Mandui's reply.

I've RP'd with you on a total stranger draenei, to whom you gave the greet! So ha!

Anyway, you've never ever even RP'd with us, plus I'm pretty 100% sure that mistake was never repeaten again, although I'm thinking about the regiment going out drinking again. It was good fun last time, eh? Anyway!

To you I suggest actually trying to RP -with- us, instead of -against- us, like Bloodwind tends to do! You cannot demand power and respect from us, you need to earn it by giving us power and respect. Ask anyone. Whomever treats us nice and respectful will recieve a nice and respectful reply, and we'll give them great effort.

And what our men do off-duty shouldn't matter. If they wanna run around naked, off-duty, who cares. They aren't being guards and have no guard-rights.

Anyway, I suggest you keep your attempted flame/critcism/butthurt out of our announcement thread and start your own thread about whatever issues you have and resolve them there. This thread is to announce people we're leaving, so they won't be mistaken when they come to the empty CC or /whisper us for help - and alot of people do.

It's a friendly gesture to the community, rather than just randomly dissapearing on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Just stop it already you two ...
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:34 pm

I've had only good encounters with the Blazing Shields so far, and Stormwind without the Shields is like London without bobbies. If you think it will make for a fun event to reprimend the Shields for misconduct ICly, and they agree, go at it - if you want to take a go at them 'because they deserve it', hands off my favourite regiment! *hiss*

And, blazing shields are -the guards-, taking Guard Rights away from them is like taking councelling rights from the council!

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm fairly certain I have never given that farewell to any random people I have RPed only briefly with and the last time I said "Shadow's Embrace" to a Draenei must have been about a year ago.

In my and Mandui's eyes the various complaints the council receives about the Shields, along with the numerous reports about their obscene behavior, are reason enough to not be eager approaching the Shields this far. And I think it's a pretty justified reason too, unless you believe that people who run around half naked and drunk deserve the respect you speak of. It's not the uniform that earns that respect, it's the general attitude, even when off duty. Also, I could turn the spear around and claim that you haven't really RPed with me either, yet you tend to draw various conclusions about my character Wink

Anyways, my first commend was about the departure of the Shields indeed, I wasn't the one to derail it. Let's stop doing so however, no matter who started it.

Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:41 pm

If Mandui was commiting a crime she'd be in prison.

End of arguement.

BAck to tea-shinanigans.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:47 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:If Mandui was commiting a crime she'd be in prison.

Cultism
The act of venerating a power or being not sanctioned by the church.
{{{ - Punishment: -- To be imprisoned (IN THE VAULT) and receive 30 lashings until a court decision is made and will be branded. Cultists are very dangerous!

The Forgotten Shadow, "Shadows embrace".

Fanatism/Zealousy
Any act of religious fanaticism or zealotry which is not sanctioned by the Church of the Holy Light, as well as spreading unsanctioned beliefs and enforcing those beliefs with violence or any other means from propaganda to subtle means.
{{{ - Punishment: A fine up to 50 gold AND the 30 lashes. If the felon repeats his crime he will gain another fine of up to 50 gold and will be branded.

Greeting people with greets like "shadows embrace".

Improper use of Magic
The irresponsible use of magic or magical abilities
{{{ - Punishment: -- A fine ranging up to 25 gold depending on the severity of the act, or imprisonment from 2 up to 12 hours (IN THE VAULT) if the apprehended cannot afford his fine, or does not show sign of improving his or her behavior. Magic is dangerous and should be used with the greatest caution! The misuse of magic can often be connected to other crimes--

Using any form of shadowmagic, even defensively, in His Majesties Kingdom. Except of course, DK's, who are still expected not to use shadowmagic in the city.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:59 pm

I found my way to the forums, I read this thread. I smiled at the drama.

Less Drama QQ, Moar Moving out and PewPew.
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:If Mandui was commiting a crime she'd be in prison.

Cultism
The act of venerating a power or being not sanctioned by the church.
{{{ - Punishment: -- To be imprisoned (IN THE VAULT) and receive 30 lashings until a court decision is made and will be branded. Cultists are very dangerous!

The Forgotten Shadow, "Shadows embrace".

Fanatism/Zealousy
Any act of religious fanaticism or zealotry which is not sanctioned by the Church of the Holy Light, as well as spreading unsanctioned beliefs and enforcing those beliefs with violence or any other means from propaganda to subtle means.
{{{ - Punishment: A fine up to 50 gold AND the 30 lashes. If the felon repeats his crime he will gain another fine of up to 50 gold and will be branded.

Greeting people with greets like "shadows embrace".

Improper use of Magic
The irresponsible use of magic or magical abilities
{{{ - Punishment: -- A fine ranging up to 25 gold depending on the severity of the act, or imprisonment from 2 up to 12 hours (IN THE VAULT) if the apprehended cannot afford his fine, or does not show sign of improving his or her behavior. Magic is dangerous and should be used with the greatest caution! The misuse of magic can often be connected to other crimes--

Using any form of shadowmagic, even defensively, in His Majesties Kingdom. Except of course, DK's, who are still expected not to use shadowmagic in the city.

I'll rephrase so we can get back to tea,

If Mandui was feared of corruption and what not and zeal, the Church would have formally laid charges. Which they have not.

BACK TO THE TEA!¬=
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Alright. It has been said already, but I'll just say it again because I AM A POWERHUNGRY SON OF A BTICH.

Stay on topic. If you want to bash each other's RP then do that in PM's, or try to talk it out and try to understand the other person's point of view (Gasp, I know. Unconvential).

Again, just to clarify. Back on topic.

(Green is good.)
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:
Spoiler:

Hahaha xD Awesome. Dangerously much like Mansfield xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Morgeth wrote:Alright. It has been said already, but I'll just say it again because I AM A POWERHUNGRY SON OF A BTICH.

Stay on topic. If you want to bash each other's RP then do that in PM's, or try to talk it out and try to understand the other person's point of view (Gasp, I know. Unconvential).

Again, just to clarify. Back on topic.

(Green is good.)

Green is my colour, with that said here is a little poem:

Roses are red, violets are blue, shut the fuck up with flaming eachother or take it to PM or we`re locking this thread too.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:42 pm

She hasn't broken any laws, the -only- times I have seen her use the Shadow, mention the Shadow or even act Shadowy...Is in W-PvP -miles- away from His Majesty's Lands.

Regardless, I'm rather disapointed at your view that I've percieved from this discussion, that unless you RP a normal person, with a normal job, normal abilities and normal behaviour. You're RPing wrong. The fact is, I -love- seeing the Shields being all those things, but people have to, and do, RP the Senators, the Councillers, the Elders and unfortunately, most people want to RP something that's -different- from reality. With dark pasts, dark secrets and generally mary sue elements.

It's not wrong.

Get over it.

FFF MODS. Very Happy
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:48 pm

This is a positive reply! Not a flame;

I never said Mandui was a bad RPer! Infact, I think she is a good RPer and plays it out pretty well. My mere reasoning was the "we all make mistakes and do things wrong IC, hopefully, because perfect characters are lame. See! Even your character does all sorts of thing wrong and forbidden IC!" to remark and perhaps gain a little understanding!

I understand I might have been a little hostile and agitated in my replies - and I was! I don't think anyone has the right to judge and talk down on others' RP, just let people do WHATEVER they want. And if they infringe upon you, or bother you, give them a quick OOC whisper asking them to stop/leave you alone.

I apologize for any misconduct from my side, OOCly, here in this thread. Now let us please stop flaming and making arguments! RP is RP, it's just a game. Wooptiedo. I don't care what anyone thinks of Mansfield IC, as long as they keep it IC, cause I'm not Mansfield. So whatever. And Mandui isn't Mandui. She's done alot of the community etc.

Anyways, go talk in other threads >: ( This thread doesn't even have a purpose anymore! It's not even a Shields thread! It's a random announcement so people know were gone, nothing more, nothing less!

^
|
Positive intentions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:51 pm

People, let's just focus on what really matters..

One lump? Or two?

The Shields leaving Stormwind.

The Blazing Shields are leaving Stormwind! - Page 2 HeresyStamp

Enough derailing.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Have fun on your field trip.

The Blazing Shields are leaving Stormwind! - Page 2 SchoolBus
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Where are you going? Out of curiosity? Or are you just touring around?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:11 pm

We're going out into the wilds to various locations, our first an Island by the coast of Stranglethorn, where we will make our own huts from trees and stuff and learn to dig ourselves in, make spears and hunt boars and cook them, as survival training.

Then we're going to the Barrens, to climb mountains and train at Northwatch Hold. We'll continue on to Ashenvale, to Astranaar and rest there, drill some, meet some elves and talk to them.

And alot more after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:12 pm

Blazing Shields are going on a tour of all major alliance cities to represent Stormwind and entire humanity and enable others to make a own opinions of humanity based on personal experience, rather than hearsay of course!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next