Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Death of Regelius Renn and the Return of Jehorius Amaltheria

2 posters

Go down

The Death of Regelius Renn and the Return of Jehorius Amaltheria Empty The Death of Regelius Renn and the Return of Jehorius Amaltheria

Post by Jehorius Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:56 pm

It was with heavy steps that he walked the keep with his hands folded behind his back, his head was lowered briefly and his witch hunter armor rested heavily on his shoulders. He was out of balance, he didn't hold the normally emotionless face - A troubled look could generally be seen over his face, and great sadness within his eyes. He kept pacing back and forth over the ruined wall on the keep, the warm sun gazed down upon him but didn't even seem to bother him the slightest. Hour after hour passed, until he finally was interrupted. A young and beautiful woman was standing in the door leading into the tower, dressed in a gloomy regalia and a hood. Judging by It's color and combination, he knew whom it was.

Hail Anethion, Father. - She said, slowly lowering her hood so that her hair sailed down over her shoulders like a ship down a huge wave.
Hail Anethion my dear, dear Céleste. - He turned to stare out over the landscape of Redridge Mountains, their razor like mountains and the golden colored grass.
How are you? What's the situation like? - She ran a hand through her hair rapidly.
I am... fine, and the situation is not. The council arrested us, we fled and are not outlawed - Given an ultimatum to turn ourselves in by Friday to stand trial. - He sighs quietly and lowered his head slightly.
What? What will you do? - She blinked twice, in confusion.
We will see, it will be discussed during the meeting today. - He stroked the ring on his right ringfinger with his thumb.
Okay. Have you seen Snow? - She corrected her hair with a hand slowly.
No, I am afraid I have not. Not for weeks. - The thought of his second daughter struck him, it didn't make him feel any better.
Okay, was going to hear if she's found anything about mother. - She lowered her hand again.
No need. - He simply stated, and slowly turned.
What? What'd you mean 'No need'? - She furrowed her eyebrows slightly.
Exactly what I said, that there is no need. I met your mother a couple of days ago. - He moved his arms to his sides, rather than having them behind his back.
What?! You have?! What is she like?! Where'd you meet her, when?! - She widened her eyes, exploding in excitement about news of her mother.
Hold your horses... - He sighed heavily through his nose.
Is she here? She's here, isn't she? - She smiled brightly up at her father.
No, she's not. Not anywhere nearby this keep, not would I allow her to come anywhere close to you or your sister. - He nailed his eyes into hers.
W-what? Why.. ? - She blinked twice, in surprise.
Because she is not what you thought she would be. - He stared down at her, with a sad expression over his face.
Can you at least say her name... ? - She still appeared confused.
No. - He turned and walked over to the original position, staring out over the mountains again.
Please, father? - She tilted her head again, peering at his back.
Melfeena Richfield. - He said the name softly.
Melfeena... how beautiful... I still want to meet her, she's my mother. She can teach me things, only she can teach me. Maybe we could leave on a shopping trip! - She lost control of the thought of her mother again.
No. Out of question, your mother is dead, but her shell is still intact. She's not what you think she is... - He turned, walks over to her and pressed his lips to her forhead softly.
B-but... - She blinked her eyes several times, not wanting to believe it.
My dear, dear Céleste... - He pulled out something from his right glove, and placed it in her hand.
Wh-.. - He glanced down at her hand, peering down at the worn gold coin, which had a bullet hole in the middle of it.
My mentor flipped that coin up into the air, and fired his gun - piercing it, back when I was only a trainee. I have carried it with me ever since, do not lose it. - He stroked her cheek softly with his left hand, smiling down at her.
I won't... But.. why can we meet mother? - She wouldn't give up, she wanted an answer, he owe her this!
Your mother was Melfeena Richfield... But today she is known as Ireth. - He narrowed his eyebrows, he knew he'd regret this.
Ireth... The.. demoness.. ? - She stuttered out.
The demoness. Send a letter to your sister, tell her to come and I shall explain everything in detail... if I am still around. - He stared down at her, managing to force out the emotionless face of his.
Still around.. ? Where are you going, father? - Her eyes were briefly tearfilled.
I am going to prepare for the meeting today. - He turned and left, she stood still crushed, confused and torn. She didn't want to believe these news.

He slowly walked down the stairs and let out trembling sigh, heading for the old throne room of the keep. With firm, quick and heavy steps he reached the throne room, immediately he walked over to the old tactician table, old map pieces were still laying on the table. He gripped a chain attatched to his belt and tugged at it, in the end of it a book was hanging - Which he gripped. He places it down on the table and unlocked the book with a key, shuffling through the pages until he obviously found what he was searching for. On the top of the page the name ' 'Ireth' Melfeena Richfield ' could be seen. He narrowed his eyebrows into a glare, staring down into the book. Several images of the person rushed through his head, how he first had seen her back up in Lordaeron in that tavern that night. How he had managed to seduce her by the end of the week. They shared bed, and eventually she got pregnant. Which lead to him fleeing, he was a mere highwayman back in those days. With children came responsibility. He had left her, but as years passed he grew a need to find out what he happened to his children. He found them, they were living with foster parents, a certain 'Oderan Adair'. Two daughters Melfeena had given him, one had heritaged his fiery red hair and the other his temper. Then... -she- came into the picture. The fiend Ireth found him one day attacked him, tortured him, which lead to him getting fel-touched and made him lose his memory. These two reasons, being fel touched and having children with his archenemsis made him doubt. Was he really worthy of leading the Chapter? What if the corruption took him one day? No. That would not happen, he slowly removed the signet ring from his right ringfinger and placed it ontop of the page. He stared down at the ring, and the page. No longer he'd be a High Inquisitor. He was leaving Regelius Renn behind and he'd take on his real name, he will vanish, never to be seen again. He will not risk his brethrens lives due to his own mistakes.

He left the room, his bane of heresy and the High Inquisitor signet ring behind him. As he reached the entrance of the keep he walked into his right hand, Vanquisher Berathil Aerencrest and the old Archlectress Ioánna Adresteia - They book looked at him blinking.
Hail Anethion! They all three said at the same time.
Brother? The meeting starts in ten minutes. - Ioánna said, looking at him.
I know. But I am leaving, for now. - He said and made an attempt to leave, walked between them, down the stairs.
Brother..? Where are you going? - She turned, staring down after him confusedly.
Who knows what the Light has in store for me? I certainly do not. - He looked over his shoulder at the two, his lips curled into a thin smile which he actually seemed to mean. He then continues walked, without hesitation.
Brother.. You are his right hand, do you know where he is headed? - She turned to look at the Vanquisher.
No, sister. I do not. - Berathil answered.

He sighed heavily as he left the keep and his brethren behind, he looked over his shoulder once before continuing. He squeezed his eyes shut, a single tear rolled down one of his cheeks as he opened them again. 'I swear that I will hunt you down, heretic. You took my life from me, gave me a new one, which you also managed to take from me. As long as I draw breath, I will be hunting you...' and with these words said, the setting sun swallowed him, leaving only a silhuette to be seen.

(( I apologize for the poor writing. I had the motivation, but not the inspiration - Yet I wanted to finish the story, I hope It'll be enough to please some. ))

Last edited by Jehorius on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

The Death of Regelius Renn and the Return of Jehorius Amaltheria Empty Re: The Death of Regelius Renn and the Return of Jehorius Amaltheria

Post by Lavian Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Good enough for me. Let's see how it goes for him now eh?
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

The Death of Regelius Renn and the Return of Jehorius Amaltheria Empty Re: The Death of Regelius Renn and the Return of Jehorius Amaltheria

Post by Jehorius Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:08 pm

We'll see, we'll see!
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down