Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Argent Guard

+3
Elízabéth Moren
Gunnell
Mijaan
7 posters

Go down

[A] Argent Guard Empty [A] Argent Guard

Post by Mijaan Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:12 pm

"The Light... It must not be forgotten. Not if we are to survive these dark, dark times." - Mijaan's Father

[A] Argent Guard 27778_1464950873267_1518368691_31162005_4378292_n
Victory -The Argent Battle of Darrowshire, hundreds of scourge lay dead.
For some reason, Mijaan seems Disheartened as he stares at the collapsed Death Knight leader, After defeating him.
The Argent Guard troops celebrate in the background after the cleansing was a success!

The Argent Guard

We are a guild focused on retaking Azeroth from the hands of the scourge. Our troops must be adept in fighting scourge and all manner of darkly creatures, e.g. demons, warlocks, the like.

We occupy Stormwind in the Argent Dawn's office and can regularly be seen around stormwind, helping citizens who come under attack from thugs and theives. At present we have official guard rights within stormwind, and we always try to do the right thing. However, The call of the argent guard is a large one, and there may be times when we are not available to help. While we are in Stormwind, however, we have requested the guard rights from the council and are awaiting a decision. We hope to make Stormwind a much safer place.

Our current mission is to hold the recently taken Darrowshire from any threat until it is fortified and can defend itself from scourge attacks.

We also occupy the tower just north of Darrowshire, known as Crown Guard tower.

If you wish to join, Seek out Mijaan, Garllen or Eloresh.

Last edited by Mijaan on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mijaan

Back to top Go down

[A] Argent Guard Empty Re: [A] Argent Guard

Post by Gunnell Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:23 pm

The Politicallycorrect Dawn aren't only focused on fighting the Scudrge, what with the Scourge more or less scattered and falling back (at least according to Cataclysm) perhaps work in more general, evil-fighting white knight stuff in instead if the overused "we must reclam l0rdaon 4 teh allunce" that 90% of RP guilds/characters seem intent on.

I'm also not a massive fan of the whole 'guard' thing, the Argent Goldenboys are seperate of both the Alliance and Horde, so storming into their cities, acting as police just seems.. weird. Hunting evil out? Fair 'nuff. Being police officers? I don't like it.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mijaan Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Maybe so, but either way, while we're stationed in Stormwind we're not going to ignore cries for help when people are being attacked by theives and criminals.

We're not police, we're an army troop.

And people that mug folk whilst an army is standing by are asking for it.

We have the *right* to arrest people, and if a band of theives knock on our door (Which they tend to keep doing) they'll get thrown in a cell for it.

We're stationed in stormwind, we're not the argent dawn, we're the argent guard. If you look at my post on the Realm forums it explains more. We're a troop who have returned home to stormwind after the war, but many of us are itching for battle. Many humans within the argent dawn will still have racist issues and semi-hatred towards the orcs. Some of their families were probably killed by them.

We're playing on the idea that we wanted to create an argent guild, but to not include the horde is racist. As such, we'll be racist.

We'll kill horde if they stand in the way of the purging, if we must.

Mijaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Sooo... it's just another Alliance military guild, but with a confusing guild name and overly complicated backstory?

If that's the case, I'd just ditch the whole Argent Dawn thing, as it completely contridicts the whole point them and go for something like the 7th Legion.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mijaan Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm

The point is; People wanted Argent Dawn style RP..
But Argent Dawn style RP is hard to do when you have to exclude - Horde.

We are an Argent Dawn style guild, members of the argent dawn that are stationed in Stormwind. We regularly go to places like the plaguelands and northrend to clear out the rest of the remaining scourge.

As cata comes in, things are going to change and we are working up to the changes.

Whilst we are in stormwind, we would be breaking the law to attack criminals without being given Guard rights. But just standing around while people get stabbed and mugged, or lured away by criminals to get attacked isnt my idea of justice. As far as i've been told, we're being given the rights.

We are an Argent Dawn style guild, But after the things that happened in Northrend, many of us have changed.

Mijaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:57 pm

Mijaan wrote:The point is; People wanted Argent Dawn style RP..
But Argent Dawn style RP is hard to do when you have to exclude - Horde.

But.. then it isn't Argent Dawn RP? It's just Alliance Military RP running around in Argent Dawn/Crusade tabards?

You attack Horde.
Act as (legal) guards in Stormwind City.
Make incursions into Lordaeron.
Based in Stormwind.

Sounds like Alliance (Stormwind) military to me.

--------------------

Unbiased against all races.
Have embassies and ambassadors in major cities.
Combat evil wherever it is found, with a focus against the Scourge.
World-wide organisation.

THAT is the Argent Dawn.

Last edited by Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mijaan Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:58 pm

Killing scourge, upholding the light, Doing tasks the argent dawn would have us do. Working along side the argent dawn, as members of the argent dawn.

Angry, wartorn members of the argent dawn.

Mijaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Just feedback here, this is not an attempt to troll, flame, anything of the likes.

Generally, I have seen good RP from you guys. Though, tonight was a large exception. On my Hunter, I was attending an event with Davareon and some other Dezokkians to capture Wulfgnar, it pretty much failed. When Davareon made one of his jet boot escapes and some others, I was left behind with 1 other due to having a hole in my chest and obviously being un-able to escape. Despite me telling them OOCly they could go ahead and kill me, they were more focused on treating my wounds.

Eventually, Davareon ICly summoned me and the other person, and said anyone holding on to us would be summoned aswell, after OOCly asking them if they were ok with it, a Blazing Shield and an Argent Guard were summoned with us into the deep reaches of Deadwing Pass, were fighting began to subdue them. Ofcourse, they were just summoned, and everything was going fine. But then guess who comes riding in with a giant crusade? Eloresh, there 2nd in command. He meta-gamed the location and came with a large group of Argent's with him.

After a long talk between Eloresh and Davareon, Eloresh got kind of irritated about us saying it was rather stupid and whatnot. Then after awhile he decided to leave with his mini army and we all just pretended it never happened.

So generally, one of his guildies was summoned to a location, he disliked having a member captured, and asked them the location OOCly, and then he, and alot of his guild, went there to be Mr.Heroic and save the day.

I am not attempting to flame/troll/flaimbait or anything of the likes. I am merely providing feedback on a meta-game of epic proportions.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Seriously Graham/gunnell you need to eat less lemons, you is bitter.

Best of luck with this guild, Already know some excellent roleplayers in the guild, who are also extremely fun to chaos bolt.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:53 pm

When the Horde saw the Argent Guard nosing around in Andorhal during a major battle, getting in the way of the Horde forces and communicating with the Alliance forces that are present, it didn't draw any distinctions between the AG and Argent Dawn in general, it saw the Dawn as a whole interfering on behalf of the Alliance.

If NPCs could react to player events, I imagine Tirion would have been pissed about the loss of reputation with the Horde that was caused by that stunt.

That makes me wonder a bit how the Argent Guard manages to remain associated with the Dawn in any remotely official capacity when that association seems to present a unnecessarily large risk of the Dawn not only losing the Horde's support, but being thrown into armed conflict with it as well in addition to the conflict with the scourge.

Aside from that, good luck with the guild!
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:09 am

Wait wait wait...

Lemme see if I got this right, the guild only pretends to be part of the AD, using it as an excuse?
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:12 am

Yes.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Lads is the guild still active seen Elorash but he's either on for a few secs and logs or away understandbale considering the hours I play at.
I'd like to apollogise if I added to the guard persona with my little plot to take down whitker.Either way messege me ingame under Luthian if you need to chat
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down