Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Stormwind Guard

+3
Gunnell
Saevir
Cyrinal
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] Stormwind Guard Empty [A] Stormwind Guard

Post by Cyrinal Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:30 pm

[A] Stormwind Guard 150px-Perfect_flag_of_Stormwind

The Stormwind Guard.

What we expect:
We expect people who join this guild to be considerate, helpful, I don't want this guild to be one of them guilds who just because they are guards take advantage of that, this guild is for the Citizens of Stormwind.

Reason for guild?
The City of Stormwind needs security and who better to do that for the City than the Stormwind Army itself. I've made this guild because I think we need another Stormwind Guard guild, I know there are many Military guilds around which are based on protecting Stormwind but they ain't based actually IN Stormwind. This guild shall be based in Stormwind, protecting the Citizens from Horde invaders, stop trouble in Stormwind, put some discipline into the City once more. RP Events shall be made in Stormwind, but I shall tell you more about that in different section.

Events which shall be made:
Events such as: Patrolling the City in groups, Going outside the City patrolling around the walls, Protecting Goldshire - Meaning Patrolling around Elwynn Forest. Other events such as, Training events by the Command Centre. Promotion events.

Requirements for this guild when you join:
You must wear the Stormwind Tabard. If you attend an event you must show up, otherwise you shall not be getting your promotion (depending on what you do for the guild, your promotion shall happen). Be considerate towards other players. No LolRping is allowed in this Guild, Guild chat is OOC, for the mean time.

Why would this guild be unique in its own way? What makes it different:
Honestly I don't expect this guild to succeed but Its worth a try and I'd like to give it that try, so why would this guild be Unique well i'll tell you - The difference between this guard guild and any other which has been formed is the fact that this guild WILL be Human only, Paladins/Warriors mostly, Priests may be allowed depending on their Roleplay, Warlocks are not, Death Knights are the same. This guild shall be based in Stormwind, as stated above. We are not going to be violent Guards, peace and honor is our main roll, The guild members of this guild should inform as Higher ranked Guard of the violent activity which has happened in the City, or any suspicious acts which have been happening while that guard was on Duty.

Message from Cyrinal: Thank you, Kings Honor.

-----------------

Any ideas for this new Guard guild will be accepted and will be nice to hear from other players on Defias about this guild, The concept of this guild is to put Roleplaying Guards around the City, keeping it under Protection at all times, Stopping criminals getting away with Murder/Stealing, that kind of stuff, Most people are abit weird when it comes to Guard guilds, I understand that, so if you have any questions please, Post them here or send me a PM, Thank you and I hope you like the Guild and we shall see you in the Future, I hope.

Last edited by Cyrinal on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cyrinal
Cyrinal

Character sheet
Name: Cyrinal Dale O'dell
Title: Knight-Captain

Back to top Go down

[A] Stormwind Guard Empty Re: [A] Stormwind Guard

Post by Saevir Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:44 pm

You may want to look through the huge discussion currently going on about the other upcoming guard guild and update your concept with explanations of what makes your guild unique Smile

https://defiasrp.forumotion.net/t2527-new-stormwind-guard-guild-in-the-making-a-discussion

https://defiasrp.forumotion.net/t2553-stormwind-city-guard-guidelines

https://defiasrp.forumotion.net/t860-regarding-the-stormwind-crimes-and-punishment
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrinal Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Thank you, I've been looking at them as we speak and I'm updating that post shortly Smile
Cyrinal
Cyrinal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrinal Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Updated Post.

- Shall read more into the other Posts and will keep updating it, so keep watch and keep the questions and advice coming, it may help the progression of the Guild.
Cyrinal
Cyrinal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:14 pm

Another generic, Imperial-plate wearing Guard guild, led by the typical Paladin with the same race, with the same long hair and the SAME Field Marshal armour. I'm generally willing to overlook the fact that Paladin guards are as daft as they come for the sake of everybody playing one but still.

This whole guild appears to be, from my watching and questions in the 'White Guard' channel to be a knee jerk reaction from you to lead a guard guild that acknowledges your rank of Marshal and that the original Bobby-ish theme of the one to be created didn't too much like Golden Boys fitting in its ranks.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:15 pm

XD I knew that comment was coming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Perturbo wrote:XD I knew that comment was coming.

After having bought Starcraft 2 today I offically love you for your avatar.

It may come as no suprise, but its a pet-peve of mine.. That and military paladins.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrinal Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:21 pm

I was waiting for you to comment on this Gunnell, but I havent decided on the Armour yet, still to be decided on.
Cyrinal
Cyrinal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Gunnell wrote:
Perturbo wrote:XD I knew that comment was coming.
After having bought Starcraft 2 today I offically love you for your avatar.

Aww ye Smile

While Gunnell was about as blunt as (insert incredibly blunt object here), I kiiinda agree. I don't really see anything "special" from this, you could just beef up the blazing shields if you want standard guard(although it's dead) and leave the fancy titlez. And I wouldn't see Paladins as the normal, every day guards, not IC anyway, the dude could use his paladin character simply to get the plate armor, or whatever your gunna use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Reason for the Guild wrote: The City of Stormwind needs security and who better to do that for the City than the Stormwind Army itself. I've made this guild because I think we need another Stormwind Guard guild, I know there are many Military guilds around which are based on protecting Stormwind but they ain't based actually IN Stormwind. This guild shall be based in Stormwind, protecting the Citizens from Horde invaders, stop trouble in Stormwind, put some discipline into the City once more. RP Events shall be made in Stormwind, but I shall tell you more about that in different section.

Uhm... It might be just me that hasn't been active in quite a while.

But what about:

The Blazing shields (lol)

The Disciples of Light (awesome)

The Dieudonne Seal

Stormwind Rangers (Dunno if they're still around?)

Stormwind City Guard (?)

Another point, you write that the guild will be a part of the Stormwind Army, acting as the city guards. - If this is indeed the Army of the Stormwind Kingdom, where exactly do you come in to the picture? - Hopefully, not just throwing the guild together, smacking a title up calling yourself "Field Marshal Uncle Joe" without any real effort put into getting that actual title (Credibility) in the sense of the community acknowledging it?
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:38 pm

BS are dead, Seal don't technically exist on their own anymore, rangers aren't around and dunno about Stormwind City Guard. And DoL is not really basic guards, we don't actively patrol, and focus more on teaching the light and all that lark. But there's the new one in the making that's alot of effort going into it by Exaythe(no it will not be a draenei as GM).

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrinal Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:39 pm

I haven't said I'm keeping the title Field Marshal, even though I've be roleplaying it since before Burning Crusade, I am changing my rank, I'm sorting the guard out as we speak, with the proper ranks of the Army.
Cyrinal
Cyrinal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Although DoL aren't your average bob the barber and billy the orphan guards, we're still the longest serving protectors of the kingdom. - And we've always been the main pillar of strength to fall back on, when no guards have been around.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:41 pm

What do you mean, changing your rank?:S

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrinal Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm sorting out the ranks of the guild, people obviously don't think me being a Field Marshal is good enough (even though its in the Stormwind Army ranks) so i'm degrading myself to Knight-Captain, Plus even though I have earned it among the Roleplayers meaning them who actually actively roleplay. I haven't just thought about this straight off the top of my head today, I've been thinking about it before hand.
Cyrinal
Cyrinal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:50 pm

It's in the Stormwind Army ranks yes. It's just a rather HUGE rank.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrinal Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:53 pm

Then i'll degrade myself to a lower rank, Knight-Captain. Seems fair enough and now back onto the subject of the Guild. I hoping it will work, I aint meaning it to be a BIG success long OMG AMAZING... but its just something in the mean time, I want to try out.
Cyrinal
Cyrinal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:53 pm

Was just asking, cause I don't really know you, or have seen you around. So for all that I know, you could just as well be brand new to this server.

- Was just pointing out that -IF- you go with that rank, it needs to have some substantial background (Seeing how it's on par with the rank of somewhat "General Commander of the Middle-eastern conflicts" if one were to take the U.S
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrinal Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:57 pm

I got it all sorted. I've been on this server for awhile, Mostly be RPing outside of Stormwind, which is where I got given the Rank Field Marshal, doing field work with the other roleplayers and guilds. But I havent been Roleplaying in Stormwind for long.

Also to point out just because I'd like to General is alot higher than Knight-Captain. Knight-Captain just means I'm allowed to have my own group of soldiers to command and obviously I cant do anything without asking permission from a Higher rank than me, which I have got sorted out anyway.
Cyrinal
Cyrinal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Right.......well, was gunna say, if you kept Field Marshal, next time you see Geldar shout as many orders at him as you can think of, cos Field Marshal > Commander. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrinal Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:01 am

Geldar didnt mind me being it, he asked my background and understood, but i'll degrade myself anyhow, but the guild I want to just try out if you know what I mean, obviously it isnt as awesome as the ideas which i've read on the forums, but its good to do and try for the meantime if you get my meaning. But i'd like others to give me their opinions, on the guild.

Thanks for the advice though Perturbo, you have made me realize a couple of things.
Cyrinal
Cyrinal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:06 am

Hope this goes well, good luck Smile
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:12 am

Commendations on the attitude you have taken within this thread Cyrinal, hope I come across you sometime in roleplay, seem like a nice dude.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:40 am

I'd like to see what you will do with this guild because from what I gathered you've got the motivation, the experience and the right attitude for this kind of job. But, ah, about the rank. Really, you simply need to prove you can walk the walk besides everything else, and people will accept it. And keep poking me if you need any help with the project.

PS: Hell, be a Grand Marshal for all you like, its how you play it out that matters. If you play it out right, people will accept it and like it. Remember the difference between the Commander who says "Charge!" and the one who says "Follow me men!"
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:57 am

Seems a tad boring. Bring some decent military guild for Humans that actually takes an offensive stance when it comes to the Horde.

I've made this guild because I think we need another Stormwind Guard guild, I know there are many Military guilds around which are based on protecting Stormwind but they ain't based actually IN Stormwind.

Which one by the way?
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next