Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We should be allowed to emote fight like this

+6
Lavian
Kil'drakor
Lini
Gahalla
Gesh
Torukan
10 posters

Go down

We should be allowed to emote fight like this Empty We should be allowed to emote fight like this

Post by Torukan Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

We should be allowed to emote fight like this Empty Re: We should be allowed to emote fight like this

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Go play some Mortal Kombat, dude

Back to top Go down

We should be allowed to emote fight like this Empty Re: We should be allowed to emote fight like this

Post by Gesh Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:53 pm

Roll a rogue?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:29 pm

I don't understand... I thought that was a accurate depiction of most emote fights.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Gahalla wrote:I don't understand... I thought that was a accurate depiction of most emote fights.
*X attempts to attack Y*
*Y dodges and attempts to counterattack*
*X parries and attempts to counterattack*
*Y blocks and attempts to counterattack*
*X avoids the attack with a flashy trick Z*
*etc, etc*
*continue until both sides get bored*
?
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:28 pm

We should be allowed to emote fight like this Double-face-palm-1268785205

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Not fair, Ovelia. That double facepalm was exclusively placed for that particular emote fight between Goku and his opponent, generic Scarlet Crusader! >Sad

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Yeah sorry was gonna fix it again Very Happy I was trying to fix something myself there. Here's the re-link Very Happy

Thats pretty much how I view Stormwind emote fights. Smile. Yeah it's god damn stupid, thats the point.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:53 pm

^ This.

1000000000 times this.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Ovelia "Snow" Adair wrote:Yeah sorry was gonna fix it again Very Happy I was trying to fix something myself there. Here's the re-link Very Happy

Thats pretty much how I view Stormwind emote fights. Smile. Yeah it's god damn stupid, thats the point.

XD the way I view it is people draw their weapons and start fighting then a few momments later SW guards going in and arresting the two. But because of game mechanics that's not gonna happen :<
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:44 pm

We should be allowed to emote fight like this StenNo
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Millana Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:46 pm

While I haven't really done any emote fights in WoW, I used to play MUSHes, almost purely text based RPGs where fights were all RPed out. They were great fun.

The difference there though I guess is that there was a rudimertary system in place to determine if attacks hit and how much damage was done... but winning was never the point (under the system, a weak character could never best a stronger one), it was all about creating fun RP.

So, my question is: do people hate emote fights so much bacause of the concept of RPing a fight in and of itself, or because it is difficult to get players to agree upon their relative power levels and the direction the fight should take (points to Lini's example)?
Millana
Millana

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:07 pm

wow seriously? This was a lol post like what, 3 months ago?

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down