Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wisps! A Warlock hunting guild targeting new roleplayers, needs your help! [Alliance]

4 posters

Go down

The Wisps! A Warlock hunting guild targeting new roleplayers, needs your help! [Alliance] Empty The Wisps! A Warlock hunting guild targeting new roleplayers, needs your help! [Alliance]

Post by Icalor Wed May 27, 2015 10:40 am

The Premise

Scraps of lore here and there speak of or show the status of a Warlock as a social pariah. When not written, the game world attempts to show the player this through secretive groups of Warlocks, and trainers generally being in basements and the like.

But, if you have ever played a Warlock, have you truly felt maligned? An outcast? A wielder of forces hell-bent on the destruction of Azeroth?

I'm willing to bet that you haven't, not really.

As any other class - has it ever bothered you that people communing with the Burning Legion - you know, that thing that, at this point, only really wants to destroy all life on Azeroth, wander about like ordinary citizens?

If you're anything like me, I'll wager it has.

The Wisps - named after the sentiment of many small, individually weak things coming together to destroy the legion - is a vigilante group of those with a vendetta against the legion, or those who recognise the threat it possesses.

The guild will take an extremely prejudiced view against the Horde - seeing the Orcs as fel-tainted, the Forsaken as no better than the Scourge, and the rest as sympathisers.
As such, the guild will have a World PvP slant for those at endgame.

There is only one thematic requirement - that you aren't a Warlock. Anyone else, of any background, is welcome. There are plenty of reasons for characters to have it out for the Legion, and therefore the threat that Warlocks present.

Assumptions and Solutions

1. People keep asking if roleplay on this server is dead. Whether it is or it isn't, the frequency of the question is a problem. There needs to be a conduit for new roleplayers, and we intend to be that. Give us your sick, your infirm, your mary sues, your poor grammar and spelling, your abuse of lore. We'll temper what we can - everyone has to start somewhere.

2. It's unclear for new roleplayers where to go for roleplay. We assume that people see "RP PvP", go "Ooh!", and then discover that most guilds require them to do one or the other. I'm aware that there are plenty of fantastic RP-PvP guilds here, but we intend to make a lot of noise about the fact that we are, so that people who come fresh to the server know that it's a thing.

3. People can be territorial. The Wisps aren't claiming any bases. We'll use different places for each meeting we have, and if it's a problem of anyone's, we won't suffer from moving elsewhere.

How can I get on board?

I don't intend to lead this guild in-character. There's a position open for a character who is very angry at the Legion to lead the Wisps in-character. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Before I bring this to the server at large, I wanted to consult forum-goers, especially here.
Our guild requires loremasters: people to patiently guide and instruct the new roleplayers we'll be seeking out, people who know what is good roleplay, what is correct lore - but can tolerate the inverse of each enough to teach others to do better.

I'll be popping this on the Blizzard forum as well.

The guild all ready has plans to have deliberate conflict with Skarain's "The Azure Flame", but we can't do it without people - and I don't intend to start recruiting new roleplayers without first recruiting the mentors that can help them.

We're happy to take your alts if you've got cold feet about this! New ventures are always uncertain, and we get that.

Thanks so much for reading this far! Unless you just looked at this sentence. Then I take it back, you gratitude-thief.

Please contact me in game. If I'm not online, send me mail - I read it. I'm scared of forums.
Icalor
Icalor

Character sheet
Name: Icalor Attwood
Title: Keeper of the Old Ways

Back to top Go down

The Wisps! A Warlock hunting guild targeting new roleplayers, needs your help! [Alliance] Empty Re: The Wisps! A Warlock hunting guild targeting new roleplayers, needs your help! [Alliance]

Post by Allonia_Miral Wed May 27, 2015 11:57 am

Awesome.

I'm currently on a short break, but when I come back then I'd love to clash with you guys on my own warlock in the Azure Flame. So I really hope this concept is met with success!

I remember rp'ing with you back when I was still a newbie on this server - good to see you're still around Smile
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

The Wisps! A Warlock hunting guild targeting new roleplayers, needs your help! [Alliance] Empty Re: The Wisps! A Warlock hunting guild targeting new roleplayers, needs your help! [Alliance]

Post by Skaraa Thu May 28, 2015 11:16 am

I don't have loads of free time, but this sounds like a good concept. I have a two characters whose zealot hatred for the Legion might bring them to you IC. Do you accept semi-suicidal Death Knights? Razz
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icalor Thu May 28, 2015 11:31 am

Skaraa wrote:Do you accept .... Death Knights?

We certainly do! We see them as victims of the legion in a roundabout way, and their will to break the scourge's influence over them to be admirable.
Icalor
Icalor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:59 pm

Hello. Once you get your actual recruitment threads up, do respond to these few questions aswell so i can list the guild on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Guild Name:
Guild leader and contacts:
Short description:
Guild website:
Other links:
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Icalor Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:11 am

Skarain wrote:Hello. Once you get your actual recruitment threads up, do respond to these few questions aswell so i can list the guild on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Guild Name:
Guild leader and contacts:
Short description:
Guild website:
Other links:

Guild Name: The Wisps
Guild leader and contacts: Icalor, Vallure
Short description: A group of fanatical warlock hunting vigilantes
Guild website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Other links: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Icalor
Icalor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down