Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Guild Idea: Adventure Party/Thieves Guild +Robin Hood

4 posters

Go down

[A] Guild Idea: Adventure Party/Thieves Guild +Robin Hood Empty [A] Guild Idea: Adventure Party/Thieves Guild +Robin Hood

Post by Willy Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Greetings, sirs and/or madams.

So, I've been having this idea of a guild concept in my head for quite some time. Basically, it's something of a hybrid between an adventuring party/mercenary company and a thieves guild, with a hefty splash of Robin Hood-complex. I want it morally flexible, rather than gray, the ends justify the means. I envision a guild that's able to pull off a heist, perhaps robbing one of the richest nobles in Stormwind, or buying something off a less than reputable goblin (Horde? Treason!) and reselling it for a massive profit to some shady Duskwood noble, throw a massive party at some seedy tavern and get silly drunk, just to make an anonymous massive donation to the Stormwind Orphanage the next day. I want there to be room for different types of stories, not just thievery, but maybe some adventure type stuff as well, exploring forgotten ruins and stuff. Or perhaps helping a poor, down on their luck family repair their roof? Criminals with hearts of gold, I guess you could say is what I'm thinking of. Very Chaotic Good, screw the laws, I'll do good in whatever way I please, thank you very much Mr Paladin.

The Guild should (in theory) be as likely to sell drugs off the street corners of Old Town, as venture to Westfall with supplies for the poor, as exploring a long forgotten temple ruin in Ashenvale. I also want it to heavily incorporate the community (ICly, the community of people living in Stormwind, like peasants and poor people) of Stormwind (been thinking about having it based in Old Town, the closest to a slum that Stormwind has, I guess?), maybe running a bar (Pig and Whistle?) and smuggling/storing contraband using the community. Maybe something like a community tax on jobs within the guild (1/3 to the member, 1/3 to the guild, 1/3 to the community?). I want it to be loose enough in it's concept to accommodate many different characters and stories, not just thieves and robbers, but still have a narrow enough scope as to not become too generic.

Organization-wise, I want it to be small and active, lightweight in management, preferably with some small scale RP-PVP focus (as I really like that stuff). I want it to be organized chaos at best, no real bosses or leaders (naturally there'll be some ranks and stuff, but I really, really don't want it to be a focus of the guild, just to promote RP/DMing and whatever), just a bunch of people pulling in the same direction. I got some ideas for story lines and events, and I want others to have room to do their own thing, all within the confines of the guild.

Now, reading through this, I'm not quite certain if I have successfully gotten down what I want the guild to be, it seemed much better in my head (it always does). Questions are very welcome (very welcome, and/or suggestions), I have probably missed a few important things. I have a few guild names in mind, but I kind of want to gauge if there's any interest for this before I venture deeper down the rabbit hole.

So, would there be any interest for something like this?

/W
Willy
Willy

Back to top Go down

[A] Guild Idea: Adventure Party/Thieves Guild +Robin Hood Empty Re: [A] Guild Idea: Adventure Party/Thieves Guild +Robin Hood

Post by Mallucis Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:31 pm

The idea seems nice, however, situating your activity in Old Town may be problematic, as this is the area where the military spends most of the time.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

[A] Guild Idea: Adventure Party/Thieves Guild +Robin Hood Empty Re: [A] Guild Idea: Adventure Party/Thieves Guild +Robin Hood

Post by Nare Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:10 pm

" The area where the military spends most of the time ". Well there should be a reason why they are hanging out there that much now, shouldn't it? Even rp-wise it's good to have your enemy close by.

The concept seems nice, altough I don't have a proper toon on the blue side nor the time for that. But I sincerely wish that this takes some wind.
Nare
Nare

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:00 pm

Yes, there is. And its name is the municipal barracks.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Hmm, yeah, I actually thought about those Barracks and the SI7 building there. But I was thinking more the northern parts of Old Town, likely centered around Pig and Whistle, and are those barracks used that much ICly? And it's not like we're going to truck a cart around yelling "DRUUUUGS" at the top of our lungs.

Otherwise, I guess the Shady Lady and the house/alley behind it is a pretty good spot as well, though harder to run a bar in the Lady, as it's, well, small and crowded.

/ W
Willy
Willy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:55 pm

The city barracks are meant for military organisations. In SI7 there is the intelligence. In Command Centre there is the Knights "manor". In Champion's Hall there is the guards office and command centre.
Obviously, there is currently little traffic there, as Heldrik's Knights were disbanded and I strive for some dedicated roleplayers. However, Naroma is there with his agents of Theatre of Blood. And I'm there too. I do not own those buildings so I cannot really forbid to use them. I do suggest, however, the Dwarves District, as it is perfect for such an organisation. The access to woods and mountains may be of use and with more potential for smuggling and other criminal activity than sitting under guards commandant's nose pretending he's not there.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:42 am

The idea is good. Can such a concept exist? Yes. You just need to be active about your recruitment and there will be members. Plenty of guildless people who show up in Trade Channel. That, a Forum Post and actively roleplaying should bring you members.

I do not have the time to dedicate another character for another guild, but I do wish you the best of luck if you go with it.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down