Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP-PvP Realm rule set

+19
Coppersocket
Lexgrad
Ralegh
Ledgic
Beladon
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Rashka
Freemir
Ixirar
Groshnok
Zhakiri
Skarain
Skaraa
Ferrius
Robin Drake
Adry
siegmund
Baji
Krogon Devilstep
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

RP-PvP Realm rule set Empty RP-PvP Realm rule set

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:43 pm

This, in short, is to highlight this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Much more clearly. Give it a read, a bump of agreement and a 'like' if you can. All much appreciated.

And Mods, kindly don't move/merge this thread with another. I'd prefer it visible.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

RP-PvP Realm rule set Empty Re: RP-PvP Realm rule set

Post by Baji Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:48 pm

Super!

As I said in the thread, I suggest an online petition as well.
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:59 pm

I think that the RPPVP aspect of this realm et al is undersold

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:02 am

I don't really get it, what exactly is the purpuse to cause awareness?
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:05 am

siegmund wrote:I don't really get it, what exactly is the purpuse to cause awareness?

Awareness? More an attempt at getting blizzard to look at and revise the rule set. So, more agreement/likes so they know we as a community are very much unhappy.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:17 am

Yeah good luck with that. Not sure how exactly you want them to "fix" things anyway.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:19 am

who dares wins - sometimes - maybe it will not happen but I support the sentiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:23 am

margwethil wrote:who dares wins - sometimes - maybe it will not happen but I support the sentiment

Then like! Post! Agree!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:31 am

'Griefing' is entirely subjective. And Blizz has never seen PvP as 'griefing'. They've always only acted if there was "no PvP solution available", meaning that PvP is intended to serve as its own solution. If people fight you, kill them. If you can't do that, play some arenas and improve. If you don't want to do that, you're on the wrong damn server.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:09 am

As an Rper that has been constantly ganked by PvP guilds during events and such I still respect that these people while targetting Rpers have chosen a RPPvP server for a reason as have I. To complain about people disrupting RP on a RPPvP server where you're putting -Yourself- out of the safezone in my opinion is stupid. If you don't want to be harassed while Rping out of blue shield areas go to an RP server. Stop shooting yourself in the foot and then complaining about it.
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrius Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:26 am

I honestly don't take too much bother with PVP'ers in RP. I like the fact, that when I'm not roleplaying, I can go out and hunt myself some hordies... Pay in mind, I'm not talking about RP'ing hordies, I don't even know where you RP.

RP-"PVP" is there for a reason, and it sooths more people than it hurts. But that's just my two cents.
Ferrius
Ferrius

Character sheet
Name: Ferrius Spectre
Title: The Disciples of Light

http://www.ferrius.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:32 am

Back in the good ol' days of TVC, the major RP guilds all consisted of people who did PvP, because we all chose RPPVP guilds for the realism of being attackable by Horde/Alliance and subsequently all the major RP guilds were RPPVP orientated.
The result of this was, on many occasions, we were ungankable unless disrupters came in significant numbers, because we could swap gear sets and then hand the asses to a similarly sized group of people. Indeed, back then, some of the best PVPers I've ever met were RPers in RPPVP guilds. Gerrond in Wardens of Azeroth is one such example; he knows pretty much every class backwards in terms of PvP.

I simply don't understand why the major RP guilds on Defias do not follow a similar model. I've seen lots of complaints about PvP griefing since I started spending time on Defias but few attempts to do much about it within the confines of the servers current rules. You only need to put the griefers down a few times for them to get bored.

As an example; the Theatre were attacked by a PvP guild a couple weeks ago in Talador during an RP event. ToB has always followed the RP-PVP model, although we advertise primarily as being an RP guild. We swapped gear sets, regrouped, and slaughtered them. They retreated because it wasn't fun anymore.

You only need to defeat them a few times for them to leave you alone. Show them that you will not be pushed around, and the fun disappears. It is the same principle as a bully in a school playground.

What isn't going to do anything, although I did like the post to support Krogon's effort, is whining about the rules of a server we CHOOSE to play on. We're accepting the terms by being here, Blizzard have absolutely no reason to change them.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:37 am

I simply don't understand why the major RP guilds on Defias do not follow a similar model.

It was suposedly the same long ago like you said on Venture Co. Lots of people did PvP as well as I heard.

But I supose that declined. There still are some guilds around now that still do it, but not a whole lot. Some guilds just have the few exceptions who are 100 and gear for pvp, some don't even do it at all. Of course that's a choice up to the induvidial.

We swapped gear sets

Transmog!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:55 am

One thing that i posted on the thread was that it'd be nice to increase awareness what RP tag for a server means. When you join the server, you are not given any indicator it is more RP'ish than any other server.

Most people do not even have an idea what RP stands out for. Having a pop-up window that you can turn on and off somewhere, be it server selection screen or anywhere would be nice, if it explained what you are exactly throwing yourself in.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:24 am

We have, on many occassions, fought back (and won) but the problem is they don't always give up. More often than not, they get more friends and continue to gank/corpse camp for hours on end. Most RP events start around 20.00 ... so I, for one, am not willing to spend 1 hour roleplaying and 3+ hours being ganked. Sad

It's fun to fight back for a bit but sometimes you have a DM'd event going on or a story night... and boom! Ruined.
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:59 am

Skarain wrote:One thing that i posted on the thread was that it'd be nice to increase awareness what RP tag for a server means. When you join the server, you are not given any indicator it is more RP'ish than any other server.

Most people do not even have an idea what RP stands out for. Having a pop-up window that you can turn on and off somewhere, be it server selection screen or anywhere would be nice, if it explained what you are exactly throwing yourself in.

I couldn't agree more. Further, people need to be aware of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and what that both means in terms of what they are allowed to do and, as roleplayers, what we are entitled to report people for.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:22 am

I completely understand your stand-point Skaraa. And as a first option I always/usually tell people to form a raid/group, put real (pvp) gear on and fight back.

However, that does not work against 'dedicated griefers'. This sort of people tend to always ensure they have superior numbers/gear/surprise. So if you start winning, they leave... wait until the RP'ers have returned to what they were doing then come back and repeat.

The problem is not so much that we're pvp'ing, its that we are being prevented from RP'ing by people who know that the PvP rule set not only ensures they can waste our time (by making us ghosts, or run in circles after them), but protects their right to do so.

That is what the thread I posted is about, wanting a change in the rules that ensures PvP'ers can pvp, but griefers get punished for targeting roleplayers for their abusive intentions.

Because in the end, I and many others play on DB to RP... Yes with some pvp danger, but not to spend half the night as a ghost or organising defense raids.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:00 pm

Upvoted and posted my 5 cent, may be an extreme view but I stand by it.

-The fact that the main post was just moved from the Customer Service Forum to the Roleplaying one just cements that they'd rather brush the situation under the carpet. Disappointing.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:06 pm

BAH. Regardless, if we bump it long enough and get enough 'likes' on it, it will be taken note of.

So if you have yet to take a look, do so, and tickle that 'like' button!

Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Baji wrote:We have, on many occassions, fought back (and won) but the problem is they don't always give up. More often than not, they get more friends and continue to gank/corpse camp for hours on end. Most RP events start around 20.00 ... so I, for one, am not willing to spend 1 hour roleplaying and 3+ hours being ganked.  Sad

It's fun to fight back for a bit but sometimes you have a DM'd event going on or a story night... and boom! Ruined.

Take that IC. DM that your thing was suddenly surged by Iron Horde and you need to fight for your lives. Then go and thank that guild for the PvP- those that truly only wish to grief you will be so dumbstruck that their trolling failed completely that they'll never try again. Complaining and whining on the forums is EXACTLY what those kinds of people want, so how about you take it on the chest and give them your best smile. Don't feed the troll.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Adry wrote:
Baji wrote:We have, on many occassions, fought back (and won) but the problem is they don't always give up. More often than not, they get more friends and continue to gank/corpse camp for hours on end. Most RP events start around 20.00 ... so I, for one, am not willing to spend 1 hour roleplaying and 3+ hours being ganked.  Sad

Take that IC. DM that your thing was suddenly surged by Iron Horde and you need to fight for your lives. Then go and thank that guild for the PvP- those that truly only wish to grief you will be so dumbstruck that their trolling failed completely that they'll never try again. Complaining and whining on the forums is EXACTLY what those kinds of people want, so how about you take it on the chest and give them your best smile. Don't feed the troll.

Yes yes, But how do you 'take it in character' while a ghost? or constantly having to defend yourself?

You seem to of missed the point entirely that the complaint is that many of us are unhappy with the deliberate Time waisting via PvP means that griefers are intent upon, and skipped to labelling it 'whining' in one swift bound leap. I for one believe that the second you admit to these people that they have an influence over you, is the second they smell blood and continue. Besides, if we took it all IC, we'd all be dead or confined to hiding in our garrisons/citys.

The thread was put up to promote the fact many people are unhappy, and to try and show the moderators/blizzard that theres a want for change. If its 'whining' to want the best for our server and to see positive change, then yep i'm a Whiner.

Guilty as charged.

But I sure as hell won't sit on my ass expecting some miracle instead. Take action in this fashion by giving the post a bumping comment of agreement and a like, or don't. Nobody else is going to wave a magic wand and fix things.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Meanwhile... (and sorry for the double post)

I'll be attempting to get the message across (or simply the link to that thread) on the dreaded... Twitter!

So if anyone has any advice, such as names of whom I should aim toward, give me a hint! D:
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:39 pm

I'd like to strongly suggest people do not engage Vengeful Midnight in their attempts to derail/troll the thread. Let them troll and post stupid shit, it will only prove our point.
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Baji wrote:I'd like to strongly suggest people do not engage Vengeful Midnight in their attempts to derail/troll the thread. Let them troll and post stupid shit, it will only prove our point.

Amen to That.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Groshnok Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:16 pm

The reddit thread, for some more discussion on the topic.
Groshnok
Groshnok

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next