Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The realm forum

+6
Gahalla
Lexgrad
Braiden
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nicalos Jefferson
Jemerick
10 posters

Go down

The realm forum Empty The realm forum

Post by Jemerick Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Topic 1:

I read all the topics regarding how to make our server better, bring people and guilds closer to each other, gain new RP-ers and whatsnot. Clearly people are trying to break the walls and doors that seperates us from eachother. Then i ask: Why not use the realm forum to advertise events too?

Pros:
- Random people popping in to check on our server/forum would see them instantly
- Some only reads realm forum, so there we can reach out for them
- Accessable by anyone easily

Cons:
- Ill-intentioned people can try to turn up and ruin events (but they'll find us if they want anyway)

Maybe there are other things i'm not aware of, but that's all that came from my mind right now.

I think it's important to advertise (public) events via all the "media" we have:
-DB forum,
-realm forum,
-in game IC advertising by yellers,
-guild members taking the job to make announcment in the calendar
and so on.

Topic 2:

Also i've been thinking about it for a while to put up an up to date list of Alliance RP guilds (since i have not much insight of Horde side if any) on the realm forum (hopefully getting to be stickied too).

However i got some problem gathering up the information from different sources as they're so outdated (especially contact information). Therefore i'll try and write an ig letter (because they maybe read it more often than this forum) to all leaders asking about the name of contact people regarding their guilds. So i ask you kindly to answer to that or you can write it here in a reply as well.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

The realm forum Empty Re: The realm forum

Post by Nicalos Jefferson Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Good point! I'll make my little event known on the server by the means you just stated, if there'll be lol'ers, we'll just have to use our Racial Ability: Ignore lol'er
Nicalos Jefferson
Nicalos Jefferson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:58 pm

If only you could ignore the physical character and their spells as well.
Sick of seeing OOCtards spamming mage portals and dancing/jumping on top of roleplayers while wearing ogre suits/mammoth mounts.
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Nessra/Anegra wrote:If only you could ignore the physical character and their spells as well.
Sick of seeing OOCtards spamming mage portals and dancing/jumping on top of roleplayers while wearing ogre suits/mammoth mounts.
There's the magical GM ticket too, it works surprisingly well mostly.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:38 pm

I have found the joys of (opening ticket if you dont leave) in /s works wonders... Get to see them freeze as they /w each other then move off before the /w to your char begging you not to report them! XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:45 pm

OOC in /s? Bold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:51 pm

To be honest, in my case it wasn't so much the risk of being attacked that lead me to leave the realm forums. But rather how hostile and vitriolic it became. It was simply no fun to read it anymore. So I stopped.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Gahalla wrote:To be honest, in my case it wasn't so much the risk of being attacked that lead me to leave the realm forums. But rather how hostile and vitriolic it became. It was simply no fun to read it anymore. So I stopped.

This and the fact that roleplay events and things related to roleplay is usually spammed away by PvE and PvP threads. Thats why I personally don't even check the realm forum at all anymore.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:21 pm

Very rarely look at the realm forum these days, and frankly, as much as I'd like to say it was because advertising events on there led to them all being ruined... it was simply because the community shows it's worst sides there.

Everyone has a beef with everyone else, and it's just a jungle of insults and pointless idiocy. I'd much rather not bother with it, I know it doesn't help new RP'ers.. but assuming they join a remotely sensible RP guild, they'll learn of the existance of this forum.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Barely anyone actually reads the realm forum though. Most non-RPers that I know have never ever looked at the Blizz one. So I don't see a huge amount of new rpers coming because of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:45 pm

I came from an other server where we hadn't got privat forum. We used the realm forum. So obviously i looked DB forum as a start to make up my mind about this server. I would think this is more common.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:51 pm

But were you an new RPer or an RPer from another server? And those threads aren't really a good inclination of whether a server is good or not, since 5/10 of the replies will be bad trolling/abuse/fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:53 pm

The realm forums is the reason I came to Defias at the start TBC. I almost switched back to AD a few months ago based on the difference between their realm forums and DB's.

So it is a factor, IMO. For me, it's a surface-level gauge of activity.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:17 pm

RP-er already i was. And still realm forum is part of the first impression.

Also, as a friend pointed out, you don't necessarily give out time and date in the post, but give it out for the ones interested in game.

There are griefers on all server. Is this one really that bad that RP-ers have to hide away?
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:23 pm

I am still part of another realm, Sha'tar horde side.
We use the realm forums, a lot. Go look yourself!
I approve of this idea.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:30 pm

We're not hiding to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Notice: I already has sent some letters, but i couldn't yet to everyone. If everything goes fine i'll finish the list on the weekend, due to my weekdays being quite busy, or i'm generally distracted. Damn those hunters..
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Right. Hardly, but i could keep my deadline. It took more time than i thought to make it, but the guild list is done and posted on our realm forum.

If you would like we could have it somewhere here on this forum as well. And when i update one, i would update the other too. Just let me know where i can post it in case i get permission.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down