Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite characters from RP

+22
Bradley
Sadok
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Grim
erwtenpeller
Izzifix
Adry
Krogon Devilstep
Baji
Muzjhath
Rinoi
Anivitas
Thondalar Stormleaf
Raene
Arabella Greene
Brigs Morgan
Robin Drake
siegmund
Rashka
Lyniath
Amaryl
Thelos
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favorite characters from RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite characters from RP

Post by Sadok Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Grim wrote:Sadok for always putting me on edge and testing me! I doubt he's even aware he has this effect on me but I try to RP Grim as being a little intellectual at times, and interacting with Sadok really forces me to think about and prove that!
Basically, he roleplays an intellectual orc very, very well.

Aheh, thanks for the nod, Grim! To return the proverbial circlejerk, I've always found the Grim character to be a pretty intriguing one -- driven by ego and undoubtedly ruthless, but possessing a certain charisma and certainly not unlikeable, no matter how much he may go against the grain.

Since I'm here anyway, here's a few (by no means an exhaustive list):

Kozgugore - I heard of Koz before I even first began RPing on AD, in early 2010, but never interacted with him until I joined OotRB a year or so later. He and Morgeth sort of came across as minor celebrities on Defias, and it gave me a thrill to both interact with their characters, but also to befriend them and get to know them very well. As for the Koz character itself, it's so long-tenured and been through so much over the years that it's difficult to actually sum his character up satisfactorily in a sentence. In my mind, he's the classic example of a good orc character -- driven by honor, good to his allies and vicious to his enemies.

Mozrogg - In addition to being a great guy OOCly, Mozrogg is another character who immediately comes to mind when I think of great orcs. Strong-willed and never uninteresting, he's equally at ease in a battle or around a campfire drinking. Part of me is sad that he's no longer around the Red Blades, but I've really enjoyed when Sadok and Mozrogg have caught up on rare occasions -- they've joked, fought together and even once scheduled a Mak'gora to the death.

Paozi - Unfortunately, I don't think Sadok and the Shado-Pan have met for a long, long time now. But during the Jade Fist campaign, Paozi was involved in the best 'neutral' RP I've ever seen -- neither caring particularly for the Horde or Alliance, but willing to talk to both and willing to fight against both for the sake of Pandaria. Moreover, the Paozi character typified the kind of pandaren RP I wish there was more of: enjoying the little pleasures of life but recognising that they were hard fought for and must be defended if necessary. I've seen other good pandaren RPers, but none have done it better than Paozi.

Drustai - After spending time with her during Sadok's captivity by the Alliance, Drustai almost forced me to up my game -- I felt upstaged and almost embarrassed by how complex and well thought-out her approach to magical RP was. It was a genuine eye-opening moment, and one that helped me rethink my entire approach to the Sadok character -- from that point, he went from an orc that happened to use magic to an orc arcanist. The character itself was a pretty enjoyable and complex figure to interact with, and once again, I'm disappointed Sadok and Drustai didn't meet more than two or three times over the years.

There's obviously a ton of other characters I admire or enjoy interacting with, but these are the first four that came to mind.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:02 am

Re-made my account so that I could say thanks to:

Althalos, Zalon, Kedilith, Zander, Barunita and all the folks of my old guild for having teached me how to RP, with patience and kindness, and I thank them to be my friends to this very day, still. Nihilia and Zhuyan are as they are thanks to them!

Calamity and Toonkz for beign very intense and developed characters that inspired me to always improve.

Inran for leading one of the best guilds I've been into for such a long time.

Drustai for beign both a great character and a great player. My interaction with her character was an important stepping stone for mine. Her experience with draenei lore also inspired me to stick with the race.

Raene for being a great friend, player and role player. Each one of his characters brims with personality, story and drive that never failed to deliver lots of fun on all times whenever my characters interacted with them.

Feralien
for reminding Nihilia that she is not the only one suffering a grim past.

Elegost for leading the company even during it's darker time.

Shiiri for beign the person that first inspired Nihilia to seek the light again. Nihilia's redemption would not have happened without this character.

These are a lot of people I owe a beer to.. Still going to offer one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Well this whole thread is something of a circle jerk so let's keep at it! Your summary of Grim is basically what I've been aiming for since I created him so my ego is satisfied.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:45 pm

Any character Ranol played
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:40 am

Bradley wrote:Any character Ranol played

This. Anybody who hasn't experienced my brother's chars have been missing out.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:07 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Tiffane was the perfect Blood Elf.

Seconded on Tiffane. God I miss the Tiffster.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Some of my favorites may be long forgotten or never heard of, due to their age from the long gone vanilla era, but their still close to my heart and have set the bar for me throughout several expansions.

Ataris the Soulblighter - The Dark lord. THE Dark lord. Since vanilla this mysterious warlock, lord of the dark sphere has set the standard in evil RP for me, both being so thoroughly thought out and brillianty executed. Ataris was such a success because he was so mysterious, letting rumor and absence make his name. On the few occasions you did see him, you was afraid, and awe struck that when he vanished again you couldn't help but add to the image he had through word of mouth, both IC and OOC. Even today, I reckon you could still find older characters who would shudder at mere mention of his name.

Andrek the Defiler - the original good gone bad story. I remember keenly how Andrek slipped from the holy path as a priest of the light and became one the dark spheres and evil rp's leading figures. his schemes, deceptions and grand plots made him the ideal henchman and spokesperson for the dark sphere. Just a shame he left us, he really made cultist rp the great fun it was.

Paozi Wulong - I remember fondly when Krogon and Paozi sized each other up for the first time in Pandaria, the cat and mouse games of hide and seek atop rooftops. The gentle mind games and discussions over tea to try and garner information from each other was... fun. I still think among all others, Paozi understands my old blademaster better than any other, the two characters understanding each other well. Beyond that, such an amazing pandaren! with depth and great story's written for him. Pandaren RP just isn't the same without this old master of shadows about!

Jean baptiste the ghoul - Thelos strikes again, this time with possibly the most insidiously sinister character I have ever come across. In particular the adventuring story written about him more or less did it for me, but having RP'ed with him directly he was a great laugh despite his inherent desire to 'touch touchy' and necrotic tendancies. Probably the single best character concept I've ever seen, who can't love the lich so terrified of dying that he lives in permenant fear?

Tziak - The Third emperor of the Gurubashi. My nemesis. He was the ying to my Seikens yang, being literal opposites yet coming together to create probably the most brutal conflict the server has ever produced. The way he was elevated from a simple frostmane troll, to priest and then Divine god emperor, coupled with the change it wrought upon him was clear. He was willing to sacrafice -thousands- of lives, just to kill one hated human, and he wasn't afaid to show or write about it beautifully. He made me work harder, think faster and be more productive with my rp to keep up with his pace and grand scope, a character unafraid to push others to be their best... or in seikens case, worst. Shame you had to go, but fondly remembered none the less.

Kozgugore Feraleye - Though he and I clashed in battle before i eventually switched to horde, Koz the character has always had my upmost respect As a tactician, leader and bastion of Orcish ideals. He seems to just ooze 'Orc' inexplicably. Every time I RP with him he seems to be so self controlled, restrained and stern but leaving you wanting to chip away at that outer shell to learn more about the Orc underneath. A real battlemaster and Font of all things Orc on defias.

Grim Stonepaw - Though I haven't RP'ed with him as much I would like or could, and yes my character and his often speak to each other through snarls and gritted teeth... he is charasmatic, deeply charasmatic. Grim knows exactly what to say to get others to do what he wants. He inspires characters to a frenzy of zeal for whatever cause he leads... and I honestly can't explain it. Despite all odds, despite all hurdles he manages to survive and thrive. Grim is a survivor, a tenacious, blood frothing survivor and its always a joy to hear about his progress 'against the odds', be it IC through rumor or via his story's.

...i may have more, later, but let the circle jerk continue! (I'll fetch some lubricant...).
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirio Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:21 pm

You know how the number 7 is considered odd by some people? Though they can't really explain it? I like the number seven, but I can't explain why.

These people I'm gonna list are like the number seven. They just seem... cool.

Evelynn -

Honestly, I don't know why I think she's my favourite (not saying she's bad!), but for some reason she seems very very different from the others; perhaps more different than my Half Orc, which is weird.

Arenfel -

Same goes for Aren as it did for Evelynn. Perhaps it's just that he's got the "Gandalf/Dumbledore Factor".
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:25 pm

You know how the number 7 is considered odd by some people?

Becouse seven eight nine.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorn Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:28 pm

My mom
I'd like to thank the academy and my parents, especially my mother who has been with me in strong and weak times of RP. Love you mom.
Lorn
Lorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Jack Noodlemeister wrote:You know how the number 7 is considered odd by some people?
It's odd because it isn't even.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Lorn wrote:My mum
I'd like to thank the academy and my parents, especially my mother who has been with me in strong and weak times of RP. Love you mum.

Fixed those spellings for you, naughty Lorn.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:42 am

Lorn wrote:My mom
I'd like to thank the academy and my parents, especially my mother who has been with me in strong and weak times of RP. Love you mom.

Yeah she's lovely. Great ERPer, too.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:50 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Lorn wrote:My mom

Yeah she's lovely. Great ERPer, too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

#Rekt.
Garrett
Garrett

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content