Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crimson Flame discussion thread.

+13
Elízabéth Moren
Gesh
Nithel
Magaskawee/Anaei
Zhakiri
Shaelyssa
Kil'drakor
Sanara
Gunnell
Gahalla
Rhenchu
Jayse
Cathee Norris
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Crimson Flame discussion thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Crimson Flame discussion thread.

Post by Zhakiri Thu May 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Ok then Andrek, let's not bother with all of the major authority in the game because that comes from NPC's right?

NPC's exist for two purposes, the practical ones like vendors and the Lore figures. Thus their presidented opinions and actions should effect your RP.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

The Crimson Flame discussion thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Crimson Flame discussion thread.

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Nygarth wrote:Ok then Andrek, let's not bother with all of the major authority in the game because that comes from NPC's right?

NPC's exist for two purposes, the practical ones like vendors and the Lore figures. Thus their presidented opinions and actions should effect your RP.

Lets make something clear; The NPCs have no perception of the ingame world. They have no opinions except the extremely few lines they throw, say for instance Varian Wrynn shouting that the Alliance shall accept the Death Knights among them, and they have no actions except what their code tells them to do; Which is something very rarely brought together with the player world. Even less so the roleplaying part of the playing world.

Saying that we should base our RP on the actions and opinions of NPCs is like saying we should base our RP on the opinions and actions of a rock.

Last edited by Andrek on Thu May 20, 2010 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : My spellcasting.. Sorry, I mean spelling, failed.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 5:53 pm

And it should be added that NPC and lorefigure is not at all the same thing, since the NPC is only representative to the lorefigure in game without any action or actual presence worth noting.

Either way, all you really do is encourage people to "sneak around" the NPCs by doing things when you're not online. Because that is the only way to get around the arguement really. Since the guards won't actually do something even though they 'should', you're locked in the awkward scene.

Thus many prefer to act without anyone there to point it out instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu May 20, 2010 5:59 pm

If you stub your toe against a rock, it'll hurt right? Well a big one atleast.
It's not a life changing procedure but it does effect you, and it does by an undeniable margin, exist.

The same can be said for the NPC guardfolk. They're not active, they hardly touch Horde and they don't stop IC fighting, but they do exist and like the rock that proved itself an obstacle, the NPCs should be respected and acknowleged and not have your toes stubbing them. Very Happy
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Thu May 20, 2010 6:41 pm

I have to agree with Andrek here. NPCs don't add anything to roleplaying. They are mostly only used as an excuse to avoid roleplaying confrontations with other roleplayers.

I vividly remember Darkshire being burned to the ground without anyone wondering wether the entire city of Darkshire wouldn't murder the firestarters alive for burning their children. There's countless examples like this one where NPC involvement isn't thought of and personally I believe it never should as it doesn't help RP, it limits RP.

Last edited by Nithel on Thu May 20, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu May 20, 2010 6:42 pm

Yes but not to the degree of ignoring the fact that guards -exist- and actively -patrol- but are sadly limited to not acting upon your actions.

There is a line you must draw.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Nygarth wrote:Yes but not to the degree of ignoring the fact that guards -exist- and actively -patrol- but are sadly limited to not acting upon your actions.

There is a line you must draw.

Well see, once again we're in that circle about the guards. I still won't count them in except in extreme cases. Because like I said, I fail to see that the guard arguement is anything but an excuse not to deal with the actual enforcing. You say you saw these people fight in the Cathedral square, and appearently that had nothing to do with players being logged off or not.

The example Nithel pulled about Darkshire is a perfect example of how this strangely adaptive rule only matters in some cases. The Night Watch guards and patrols too. Do we allow them to limit our roleplay? No, of course not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu May 20, 2010 6:57 pm

I never left the 'circle about the guards', it was always the premise of my point.

-Fighting in the corner, quickly battering a guy then running. Ok!

-Fighting in the open, in a secluded district like the Old Town. Still ok!

-Fighting in the open, in a busy and patroled district like the Cathedral District. NOT OK!

Draw the line people, don't let them limit you, but don't bleedin' well ignore em!
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Nygarth wrote:I never left the 'circle about the guards', it was always the premise of my point.

-Fighting in the corner, quickly battering a guy then running. Ok!

-Fighting in the open, in a secluded district like the Old Town. Still ok!

-Fighting in the open, in a busy and patroled district like the Cathedral District. NOT OK!

Draw the line people, don't let them limit you, but don't bleedin' well ignore em!

*Shrug* Maybe I'm just too much an oldtimer to find any appeal in the thought of letting NPCs handle the jobs of players. Back in my days when dinosaurs ruled the earth and so on, you'd get zerged by overenthusiastic Lighties for even appearing on Cathedral Square. Was no "The guards would do something" then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu May 20, 2010 7:06 pm

Hey, I'm not saying that those days weren't better!

I just don't think that SW should turn into a drugsden/brothel/fightclub/hellhole ICly, from the lack of player guards. Especially the Cathedral District!!!

Gief RPing GM's like on Prologue when you'd shit yerself because an NPC just spoke to you...
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Nygarth wrote:Hey, I'm not saying that those days weren't better!

I just don't think that SW should turn into a drugsden/brothel/fightclub/hellhole ICly, from the lack of player guards. Especially the Cathedral District!!!

Gief RPing GM's like on Prologue when you'd shit yerself because an NPC just spoke to you...

The same people would show up and do their stuff though, wether there are player guards there or not. So that's not really the issue, methinks. We had douches on Cathedral square back then too, I just think the Lighties were more motivated then, which in turn got them more recruits and more enthusiastic rookies that would go "HALT, SHOW YOURSELF STRANGER!" at every turn you made.

But then again, thats a symptome of the entire realm, not just the Lightie side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu May 20, 2010 7:22 pm

My problem isn't with the doing of the rubbish stuff, but the doing so without even giving the NPC guards a second thought...

Can't people just do the crime then scarper? Jeez.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Nygarth wrote:My problem isn't with the doing of the rubbish stuff, but the doing so without even giving the NPC guards a second thought...

Can't people just do the crime then scarper? Jeez.

No offence fella, but that's exactly what I mean. It doesnt at all seem like there's any will to confrontation at all. It's more like "Well, if they have to then can they just do it and begone so we wont have to deal with it."

Also, if every player guard is piled up in Cathedral square.. What on earth do you expect shady people to do? Rob NPCs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu May 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Well lets be honest, the majority of the nogooders in the Cathedral, only RP criminals because they're 'KEWL!'

If it was criminals and cultists like TDS for example, whom are excellent most of the time, then I think more people would be inclined to RP and confront and contain them.

And not all the RP in the server goes on in the Cathedral District, far from it.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu May 20, 2010 7:28 pm

"True evil, is those who do not realise they are evil."
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu May 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Mary Sue's.. Mm-hm. Bad-assery! to the un-comprehendable-impoliteOOC kind!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Thu May 20, 2010 9:50 pm

I think that there should be a ''line'', like zerging the Cathedral square, as the guards would slaughter them. The Guard RPers cannot be online 24/7, so in completly open places, the NPC's should be taken into account, I think.

And thats a nice new avatar, Anaei.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri May 21, 2010 12:17 am

Let me sumup:

"When -I- want to do something against the realistic laws, we pretend they aren't there. When I want to flame somebody for something, we bring it up"

Lets not forget all the fun shouting, swearing, flirting, and brawls Arathor have had on the Cathedral Steps in the middle of the in-game night. Realisticly those "NPC Guards" would have told them to shut the fuck up, or just dragged them away.

I know, people are going to burst in claiming I'm bias for using KoA as another example but you get what I'm saying here.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri May 21, 2010 12:19 am

Elízabéth Moren wrote:so in completly open places, the NPC's should be taken into account, I think.

Like your Death Knight who rides around with his possee of Death Charger mounted Knights with g Ghouls out, bitching, moaning, and trying to start arguments and making threats with around 2-3 guards always patrolling around that fountain in Cathedral Square? Of course, those guards are just "Going to let it slide" aren't they.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Fri May 21, 2010 12:23 am

TCF is a guild with good intentions, but a guild with lack of decent roleplayers who think of the consequences for their actions

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri May 21, 2010 12:38 am

Yo Galavan.

I'm really happy for you, imma let you finish, but Blazing Shields had some of the worst roleplaying of consequences of all time.

OFF ALL TIME!

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Fri May 21, 2010 1:15 am

Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham wrote:Yo Galavan.

I'm really happy for you, imma let you finish, but Blazing Shields had some of the worst roleplaying of consequences of all time.

OFF ALL TIME!

Disciples of Light ftw!
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Fri May 21, 2010 1:31 am

Like your Death Knight who rides around with his possee of Death Charger mounted Knights with g Ghouls out, bitching, moaning, and trying to start arguments and making threats with around 2-3 guards always patrolling around that fountain in Cathedral Square? Of course, those guards are just "Going to let it slide" aren't they..

One time, I was bored out of my mind, and I was telling all of them except one to go away OOCly. Noone had any Ghouls out, and it lasted for about 2 minutes before I got sick of them idiots following me so I ran away into the Harbor and death-gated, and I never plan to do anything similar ever again. Happy?
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Fri May 21, 2010 2:56 am

Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham wrote:Yo Galavan.

OFF ALL TIME!

I didn't say they were good either, one of their members (when cornered by 7 of us in Forlorn cartel) ignored all emotes done by us, /y I NEED BACKUP on his radio, fended off SEVEN ROBBERS and god emoted his way by doing /e kicks Tashun in the chest and runs away for backup

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri May 21, 2010 7:24 am

Gunnell, when KoA brawled on the Cathedral stairs and the likes it was when such guilds like the Blazing Shields were at their prime. Even Seiken will confess to having alot of fun with them when it comes to imprisonment and rivalry.

So, yeah. Get your facts straight.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next