Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tanarisi Humans Discussion

+31
Jarilo Stronghoof
Muzjhath
Seranita
Arabella Greene
Kayle Ravelle
Anivitas
Raene
siegmund
Augustus
Vaell
Garrett
erwtenpeller
CrusaderElly
Haen Strongwind
Bradley
Amaryl
Brigs Morgan
Izzifix
Tamil
NicholasBullard (Taph)
Lavian
Vardrek/Burgen
The Great Jack Ironside
Paia/Jenit
Feral / Blackfall
Ixirar
Reynar / Raviran
Skarain
Ledgic
Davnan
Adry
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you agree that the concept of Tanarisi culture is widely regarded on the server?

Tanarisi Humans Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap46%Tanarisi Humans Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 35 ]
Tanarisi Humans Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap54%Tanarisi Humans Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 41 ]

Total Votes : 76

Tanarisi Humans Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Raene wrote:I knew she wasn't a Night Elf!
...Shit. Okay no, that part is true.

So confusing!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Augustus wrote:

I don't even know why you comment Erwtenpeller, after roleplaying some weird 13 year old night elf lesbian fuck buddy for Monrena, you don't really have the right to an opinion on the quality of roleplay for the next 257 years.

Raaah

Also I've seen worse rp in Botb, you didn't complain then. Rather you encouraged it, claiming that anyone who didn't approve wasn't forced to be involved. Well nobody's forcing you to be involved in this either so shut up already.
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:57 pm

the more interesting part of this thread is that there are at least 67 people on this board that vote on poles.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Amaryl wrote:the more interesting part of this thread is that there are at least 67 people on this board that vote on poles.

The forum is dark, and full of lurkers.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Bradley wrote:Also I've seen worse rp in Botb, you didn't complain then. Rather you encouraged it, claiming that anyone who didn't approve wasn't forced to be involved. Well nobody's forcing you to be involved in this either so shut up already.
Fair point.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:22 pm

Providing people don't openly abuse apostrophes, I couldn't care less about what culture they claim they are IC.

Can' be faire' than tha'.

Last edited by Kayle Ravelle on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Kayle Ravelle wrote:Providing people don't openly abuse apostrophes I couldn't care less about what culture they claim they are IC.

Can' be faire' than tha'.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Augustus wrote:It is rather odd to see some people attempting to take some sort of fictional high-ground, especially when about 70% of the posters in this thread have engaged in garbage role-play many times in the past (and probably continue to do so as well).

I don't even know why you comment Erwtenpeller, after roleplaying some weird 13 year old night elf lesbian fuck buddy for Monrena, you don't really have the right to an opinion on the quality of roleplay for the next 257 years.

nice to know im being talked about without my involvement in this thread, to start.. indeed with ewrts next post after the above quoted.. from mons view she had a full loving relationship from delidahs view it was fuck buddy.. that but is true But I will say from my knowledge of delidah then and now, you couldn't be more wrong on your facts.,.. if your going to go naming in the attempt to shame on this forum.. at least get your facts right first, as now you just look like an idiot
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:49 pm

furthermore to add.. the only humans to dwell on tanarisan as far as I am aware as given by questlines pre cata..the only ones residing in tanaris, are pirates that got shipwrecked, best you can do is rp as a group of humans that got shipwrecked a number of years ago.. but as far as culture goes? there is very little.. if any lore to support it
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustus Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:23 am

Bradley wrote:
Augustus wrote:

Raaah

Also I've seen worse rp in Botb, you didn't complain then. Rather you encouraged it, claiming that anyone who didn't approve wasn't forced to be involved. Well nobody's forcing you to be involved in this either so shut up already.

I've been made aware that Botb has some interesting individuals in it already Bradley. By the way, can you PM me your Skype Bradley?

Augustus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:44 am

BotB is actually a pretty unique guild from my experiences on this server and other RP ones. It's open enough for nearly any character concept to join, it has consistent RP (usually DMed) events and for a guild that is now about a year old - it's still going very strong. The calendar hasn't lessened in events. It also hosts a good OOC community that rarely finds itself buried knee deep in drama. Don't judge the guild based on your opinion of a few of its members, it's a solid but simple concept.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:59 am

Is there no contingency for an individual story to be that they came from Tanaris? Perhaps their father was a treasure hunter or something, established a home in the desert?

I get that it's a stretch but this whole arguement could be better spent on something genuinely ridiculous.

Vaell wrote:BotB is actually a pretty unique guild.

Also, you can't have pretty unique, Vaell.

It's unique or it isn't.
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:56 am

Same as there are degrees of right and wrong. There are degrees on unique. Every person has unique DNA (Aside from some very few exceptions but even there difference exists I believe (talking 'bout maternal twins)), however the uniqueness in personal DNA on the whole is extremly tiny compared to the full code.

And while (from what I know) BotB don't care much about sillyness and stuff of that nature they from what I've read try to be somewhat based on lore, if for RP in the funny side of WoW. Instead of inventing stuff that's stated outright not to be.

Personally I've always seen the Tanarisi culture stuff as dodgy since I tend to try to be true(ish) towards WoW Lore on the big things. Even if that always doesn't work. (And I hate some of the silly stuff in WoW lore and on the whole find the writing team at blizzard to be fairly bad).
So, could you RP someone that's from Tanaris? Yes ofcourse. But imo if you do. Stick with RPing a pirate or bandit or somesuch.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:20 am

Muzjhath wrote:And while (from what I know) BotB don't care much about sillyness and stuff of that nature they from what I've read try to be somewhat based on lore, if for RP in the funny side of WoW. Instead of inventing stuff that's stated outright not to be.
That's a pretty accurate description of what the guild is about, actually. Well done!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I decide what people can RP here.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:33 am

Anything but fuzzy trolls. Fuzzy trolls really get on my tits.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:59 am

Amaryl, shut up. Read the thread title. "Tanarisi Humans Discussion". This is meant to be a discussion. Nobody is telling anybody that they can't RP whatever they want. We're discussing whether or not a native tanarisi culture is compatible with the Warcraft lore, considering Blizzard's official stance on the matter.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarilo Stronghoof Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Then the players can go there and establish that culture, in the present time. Nothing is stopping them from proclaiming themselves the citizens of the Caliphate of Tanaris or whatever it is they want. If there are no native humans in Tanaris in the game world, and Blizzard states that the Wastewanders aren't native... I think it's pretty safe to say that there aren't natives in Tanaris.

Again, nothing stops players from just going there and saying "We're Tanarisi NOW". However, the fact that they weren't there before the Wastewanders means that it must be acknowledged that it's something going on NOW, not something that has been going on for generations.

That would be the best way to handle the situation.

No sense shoehorning anything in, but if people wan't to go play Aladdin then feel free, within the correct context.

Jarilo Stronghoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:32 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Amaryl, shut up. Read the thread title. "Tanarisi Humans Discussion". This is meant to be a discussion. Nobody is telling anybody that they can't RP whatever they want. We're discussing whether or not a native tanarisi culture is compatible with the Warcraft lore, considering Blizzard's official stance on the matter.

No you're not. This entire thread is poorly thought out, and badly argumented from the flawed poll to flawed arguments starting with the OP. There is no sensible discussion going on here besides: No! and Yes!

The Sole fact that the supposed lore we're discussing in this thread is not mentioned, it is not linked it is not pruned for the particulars; because apparently it is assumed everyone here knows exactly what is being discussed, renders the entire "discussion"  pointless.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:04 pm

Vardrek/Burgen wrote:
Bashiok Cdev US forums wrote:Q: Are the Wastewander Bandits of Tanaris and nomadic humans of Uldum native to the region or did they come to Kalimdor during the period of the Third War? If it’s the latter, why did their societies change so much in the short amount of time between then and WoW?
A: The Wastewander Bandits descend from a small band of human pirates who arrived in Kalimdor shortly after its discovery by the peoples of the Eastern Kingdoms.* When the Southsea pirates arrived and entered into competition with them, they were essentially marooned in Tanaris after their few ships were stolen. They took to a new life as bandits and started raiding rich goblin settlements and capturing their life-giving water wells. After the failure of Uldum’s cloaking device a few bandits split off from the Wastewanders to pilfer the treasures of the titans.

*Meaning no humans there as it was not previously discovered by them.

It contradicts lore severely, not okay with it.

There. That's the official lore on it. It was quoted on page 2. This is Blizzard's official words on the matter.

Is this okay, or will you go back to pretending we're trying to be the RP Police?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:07 pm

This is so meta, you guys.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:19 pm

'Ixirar's discussion of the topic at hand:

Ixi, you have one post in this thread that actually discusses the two points being raised in the OP. (Is it widely regarded and does it contradict the lore)

I'll be fair and make that two posts because in your last you just quoted vardrek, but that's just me being fair. the brunt of your participation in this thread has been to tell people that this thread is for a discussion.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:43 pm

Amaryl wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I decide what people can RP here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:05 pm

This is like the Diary of Coppersocket thread all over again. So godlike bounce bounce

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:56 am

The lore for Tanarasi humans is shaky, but who really cares? It's a fun flavor to have around that would otherwise not be available. It adds something without taking anything away. I say go for it; have fun!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next