Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tanarisi Humans Discussion

+31
Jarilo Stronghoof
Muzjhath
Seranita
Arabella Greene
Kayle Ravelle
Anivitas
Raene
siegmund
Augustus
Vaell
Garrett
erwtenpeller
CrusaderElly
Haen Strongwind
Bradley
Amaryl
Brigs Morgan
Izzifix
Tamil
NicholasBullard (Taph)
Lavian
Vardrek/Burgen
The Great Jack Ironside
Paia/Jenit
Feral / Blackfall
Ixirar
Reynar / Raviran
Skarain
Ledgic
Davnan
Adry
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you agree that the concept of Tanarisi culture is widely regarded on the server?

Tanarisi Humans Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Tanarisi Humans Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 35 ]
Tanarisi Humans Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%Tanarisi Humans Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 41 ]

Total Votes : 76

Tanarisi Humans Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by NicholasBullard (Taph) Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:44 pm

More importantly perhaps, what will we do with the poll results?

As has been stated before, this forum is not representative for the in-game community, nor did the entire forum vote in it.
NicholasBullard (Taph)
NicholasBullard (Taph)

Character sheet
Name: Taph Gibson
Title: Captain of the Gilneas Platoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:22 pm

As a total outsider to the issue:

1. I can't really believe that any players who got their characters involved in Tanarisi RP weren't aware of how it was a grey area in the lore. How most of its defining traits would necessarily be serverlore/playerlore, say like Melnerag's pretty lengthy post on the subject from the old days.

2. Blizzard is the king of retcons, and notorious at filling in blanks in their lore that were better off unfilled.

3. When getting involved in RP like that, players should in my opinion take precautions. Like Eira's "The backstory itself is a lie my character tells to obscure the more disturbing truth". Betting your character's credibility on playerlore seems naive.

4. Backstory retcons are not always a bad thing.

5. Nor is not talking about it. A backstory can very well be reflected in a character's present actions instead of being the topic of a conversation.

6. Nobody really cares about your backstory anyway. So this whole issue should, by default, not be an issue.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:02 pm

Tbh we should all stick to blizzards lore, They spent a lot of time fucking it up recently with the whole- LOL DRAGON LOL DEMON BUT OLD GODS ARE BETTER NO WAIT DEMONS ARE BEST TBH NO WAIT NVM FUCKING SHA MA NUGGAH WITH DA PANDAMAN LAND IN THE MIST NO ONE FOUND COZ MAGICAL FOG LEL WTF NO DONT KILL GARROSH EVEN THOUGH WE KILLED VANCLEEF FOR TRYNA GET DAT DOLLA DOLLA WE OWED HIM BUT WAIT WHY ARE WE GOING BACK IN TIME BUT NOT REALLY GOING BACK IN TIME WE ARE GO TO ANOTHER REALM DMINESION BUT ITS STILL BACK IN TIME JUST NOT IN THIS TIME LINE COZ DRAGONS GAVE UP TIME TRAVEL POWER BECAUSE WE MANAGED TO DEFEAT DEATHWING WITH THERE HELP BU WITHOUT THEM WE WOULD HAVE LOST SO THEY STILL GAVE THERE POWER UP DAMNING US TO DIE IF HE COMES BACK BUT OH NO ITS GROM HELLSCREAM AND AN IRON HORDE WITH GUNS AND CANNONS AND GRONTANKS AND TRAINS BUT I GUESS ITS NOT A CASH IN TO GET PEOPLE INTRESTED IN THE MOVIE COMING OUT WITH THE ORC CLANS IN IT AND IT WILL FLARE INTREST BUT NVM FUCKING TANARISI PLAYERMADE LORE RUINING MY IMMERSIVE STORMWIND RP FILLED WITH BLIZZLORE ROMANCE, FIGHTS BETWEEN ME AND MY BOYFRIEND AND ARGUING WITH MY BFF.

But seriously lets gather all this sand and do what I said in the other thread. Come one, Grab your buckets and spades.
Brigs Morgan
Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Which tanarisi lore are we talking about?

I mean waste wanderers is also tanarisi lore etc... you need to be specific with your terms roleplaying someone who's born in tanaris is fine. why wouldn't it be? which culture are we debating here?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Server lore woo stop taking things so seriously Adry and Phil, I honestly doubt either of you ever intended to get involved in this concept anyway so why do you actually bother kicking up such a fuzz?

Let Tanarisi be Tanarisi and stop whining for once
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Haen Strongwind Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:57 pm

Damn, you guys take this game seriously.
Haen Strongwind
Haen Strongwind

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:00 pm

Haen Strongwind wrote:Damn, you guys take this game seriously.

There is no fun unless it is strictly regimented by the council of chosen.
Brigs Morgan
Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Guys, we're having a discussion. In the OP, Adry states (a statement that I agree with) that she can't demand nor expect anything of those who want to engage in Tanarisi RP. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that some of you might want to engage in RP that contradicts the lore that Blizzard has set up (even if I personally believe that adhering to the rules of the world as defined by Blizzard should be an ideal to strife for among RPers)

We're discussing, in this thread, whether or not the notion of native Tanarisi human culture contradicts the lore that Blizzard set up. This discussion is made possible by the fact that there are people that refute our claim, and thus we can engage in a debate in which both sides can make their points and provide evidence/relevant data to support their own individual claims.

And ofc no lore discussion would be complete without a couple of RPers hopping into the RP discussion thread on the RP board to call other RPers nerds for discussing RP. As ironic as it is.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by CrusaderElly Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:21 pm

I, ehm.. The question confuses me.. ?_? I r stuped.

I'll just..

I don't really care what people roleplay at some place and time far away that is in no way related to me.

:<>

I'm sure they can find a way to make it work for them and the people involved, for all a good happy time! Yay!
CrusaderElly
CrusaderElly

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:56 pm

lol, some people voted "yes".
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:31 am

Spoiler:

I think this should be nominated for best post 2014, I never laughed so hard on this website.
Garrett
Garrett

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 am

Garrett wrote:
Spoiler:

I think this should be nominated for best post 2014, I never laughed so hard on this website.

Tbf everything out of Brigs's mouth--er, keyboard--is fucking gold. I'd like to remind you of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:42 am

erwtenpeller wrote:lol, some people voted "yes".

Yes, Goldshire has returned, stronger and more agile than before, in the form of Tanarisi Rp'ers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:51 am

I love the idea of a Tanarisi culture. Though I think the people who RP it don't really take advantage of the different culture. They mainly use it for the "black gangsta'" vibe.

I'd have loved to see an actual culture.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:51 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:
Garrett wrote:
Spoiler:

Tbf everything out of Brigs's mouth--er, keyboard--is fucking gold. I'd like to remind you of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
We're nominating stuff? Great! I'll nominate [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustus Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Those posts would be even better if they weren't the pinnacle of irony.

Augustus

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Vaell wrote:I love the idea of a Tanarisi culture. Though I think the people who RP it don't really take advantage of the different culture. They mainly use it for the "black gangsta'" vibe.

Da truth.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Vaell wrote:I love the idea of a Tanarisi culture. Though I think the people who RP it don't really take advantage of the different culture. They mainly use it for the "black gangsta'" vibe.

Yup. This, too. "Tanarisi culture" would be a lot less obnoxious if it had any substance beyond "My skin is black and I reference "the sands" like a real life gangsta would "the hood".
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:

Yup. This, too. "Tanarisi culture" would be a lot less obnoxious if it had any substance beyond "My skin is black and I reference "the sands" like a real life gangsta would "the hood".

Yeah well, that's Stormwind. Even without the whole concept of Tanarisi it would still equal chitty chitty bang bang slang with the black characters. Since people are funny like that. Although I do laugh with them more than I do laugh with the serious types.

You should've been around when there was Tribe RP.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:35 pm

oh u mean like horde lawl
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustus Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 pm

It is rather odd to see some people attempting to take some sort of fictional high-ground, especially when about 70% of the posters in this thread have engaged in garbage role-play many times in the past (and probably continue to do so as well).

I don't even know why you comment Erwtenpeller, after roleplaying some weird 13 year old night elf lesbian fuck buddy for Monrena, you don't really have the right to an opinion on the quality of roleplay for the next 257 years.

Augustus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:59 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:oh u mean like horde lawl

Nothing like the horde. The original player lore by Melnerag had the vibe of the pre-islamic arabic tribe culture. An archetype not represented on the Horde faction.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:02 pm

Augustus wrote:I don't even know why you comment Erwtenpeller, after roleplaying some weird 13 year old night elf lesbian fuck buddy for Monrena, you don't really have the right to an opinion on the quality of roleplay for the next 257 years.
Except for the "fuck buddy" part, none of the above statements are true for Delidah. bounce

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Nothing like the horde. The original player lore by Melnerag had the vibe of the pre-islamic arabic tribe culture. An archetype not represented on the Horde faction.
Not very tribal, then?
I retract my previous "liek horde lawl" statement.
I've been schooled!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:28 pm

I knew she wasn't a Night Elf!
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Augustus wrote:It is rather odd to see some people attempting to take some sort of fictional high-ground, especially when about 70% of the posters in this thread have engaged in garbage role-play many times in the past (and probably continue to do so as well).

I don't even know why you comment Erwtenpeller, after roleplaying some weird 13 year old night elf lesbian fuck buddy for Monrena, you don't really have the right to an opinion on the quality of roleplay for the next 257 years.
When you're not playing on the server anymore, why bother coming on the forum? Well, actually, if you still had some interest in the server and you were adding some helpful tips then you'd have full reason to be on the forum.

If you're here to troll and insult, you must have had a boring couple of days. You're not going to get a reaction out of anyone.

Please prove me wrong and actually give an opinion to the Tanarisian discussion. It's geniunely a good topic.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next