Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gauging Interest - Heathen Humans RP

+6
Lexgrad
Bradley
Eodain
Quin
Krogon Devilstep
Ulfrik
10 posters

Go down

Gauging Interest - Heathen Humans RP Empty Gauging Interest - Heathen Humans RP

Post by Ulfrik Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:21 pm

I have been thinking a lately about an RP setup, probably a guild, that explores Human origins a little.

Perhaps a group of Humans who, having discovered their Vrykul Ancestry, devote themselves to meeting current challenges in the world through dedication to the "Old Ways" so that their organisation, dress and even worship stems from the beliefs and practices of our ancient northern ancestors.

A group perhaps based in The Howling Fjord and known for being fierce Fighters (of all classes) against the enemies of the Alliance. It would be great to find a good "Mead Hall" Style RP homebase.

Obviously it would be a Human-only guild (possibly with a very small number of non-human adoptees who have performed great deeds in service of the guild) and would be for all classes; It would even be, given their strong awareness of the impact of the Lich King in the North, sympathetic to Human Death Knights and accept them within their ranks.

Just seems like it might be a nice setup for some good old Warrior-tribe and dark heathen magics roleplay.
Anybody think this might have legs?

Ulfrik
Ulfrik
Ulfrik

Back to top Go down

Gauging Interest - Heathen Humans RP Empty Re: Gauging Interest - Heathen Humans RP

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Ulfrik wrote:I have been thinking a lately about an RP setup, probably a guild, that explores Human origins a little.

Perhaps a group of Humans who, having discovered their Vrykul Ancestry, devote themselves to meeting current challenges in the world through dedication to the "Old Ways" so that their organisation, dress and even worship stems from the beliefs and practices of our ancient northern ancestors.

A group perhaps based in The Howling Fjord and known for being fierce Fighters (of all classes) against the enemies of the Alliance. It would be great to find a good "Mead Hall" Style RP homebase.

Obviously it would be a Human-only guild (possibly with a very small number of non-human adoptees who have performed great deeds in service of the guild) and would be for all classes; It would even be, given their strong awareness of the impact of the Lich King in the North, sympathetic to Human Death Knights and accept them within their ranks.

Just seems like it might be a nice setup for some good old Warrior-tribe and dark heathen magics roleplay.

Ulfrik

We Usually get refered to as "Arathorians".
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Gauging Interest - Heathen Humans RP Empty Re: Gauging Interest - Heathen Humans RP

Post by Quin Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Seiken wrote:
Ulfrik wrote:I have been thinking a lately about an RP setup, probably a guild, that explores Human origins a little.

Ulfrik

He's wanting to become a guild of adventurers, not a toolbox. Read before posting please.

Anyway this does sound like a badass concept, I've always wondered why there arent more roaming rp guilds/bands.
Spoiler:
Goodluck with this!
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Quin wrote:
Seiken wrote:

Ulfrik

He's wanting to become a guild of adventurers, not a toolbox. Read before posting please.

Anyway this does sound like a badass concept, I've always wondered why there arent more roaming rp guilds/bands.
Spoiler:
Goodluck with this!

Thats Basically a massive portion of Kingdom of Stromgarde and General Defias Arathorian Roleplay, as we aim for a more "viking/Nordic" feel alongside general human 'kingdom' settings. That said, i see your striving to go for the absolute roots of humanity and want to delve into the old Reaving, longships, Mead halls and true Nordic Roleplay. it sounds fun, best wishes that your guild gets going.

Moreover, it seems i can Read just fine, thankyou for the tip all the same.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:03 pm

I'd be willing to throw my Death Knight into this!
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet
Name: Eodain Ashdown
Title: Lieutenant of the 157th Company "Wild Tempest"

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:09 pm

This seem's like a solid and interesting concept. Unfortunently, i have no alt that could fit into is guild..
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Sounds cool. If you want to be friends with DKs the Shroud will happily go on the odd Adventure with you.

Wish I could read this :/

Hwæt! We Gardena in geardagum,
þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,

http://www8.georgetown.edu/departments/medieval/labyrinth/library/oe/texts/a4.1.html

Anglo-Saxons>all
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulfrik Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Well the response so far seems pretty positive so I've decided to develop the concept a little more, get my head straight on the history and where the guild might fit into the lore and into the Defias Community.

@Seiken
There does seem to be a lot of common ground with the KoS. To be honest if it wasn't for you guys eschewing Death Knights I might be tempted to apply to you initially to get a flavour for Defias Arathorian RP.

@Lexgrad
Oh yes it's central to the concept that the guild would accept association with Death Knights (not least of which because my other main is one!). I can see Ulfrik being the kind of leader who wouldn't let a piffling thing like a previous history of genocide put him off making use of the Death Knight's considerable skills in battle.

@Cyndryn/Eodain
Great to hear! Once things have developed on a little I'll give you a shout Smile

Also, any help from any of the more seasoned Defias RP folks, anyone who feels they have a good idea to contribute, or just anyone who wants to be involved in helping me develop the concept would be greatly welcomed. Contact me here or in game anytime.

Thanks all!
Ulfrik
Ulfrik

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Ulfrik wrote:Well the response so far seems pretty positive so I've decided to develop the concept a little more, get my head straight on the history and where the guild might fit into the lore and into the Defias Community.

@Seiken
There does seem to be a lot of common ground with the KoS. To be honest if it wasn't for you guys eschewing Death Knights I might be tempted to apply to you initially to get a flavour for Defias Arathorian RP.

@Lexgrad
Oh yes it's central to the concept that the guild would accept association with Death Knights (not least of which because my other main is one!). I can see Ulfrik being the kind of leader who wouldn't let a piffling thing like a previous history of genocide put him off making use of the Death Knight's considerable skills in battle.

@Cyndryn/Eodain
Great to hear! Once things have developed on a little I'll give you a shout Smile

Also, any help from any of the more seasoned Defias RP folks, anyone who feels they have a good idea to contribute, or just anyone who wants to be involved in helping me develop the concept would be greatly welcomed. Contact me here or in game anytime.

Thanks all!

Well if elegost doesnt make a re-appearance soon i may have to re-evaluate that rule.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:22 pm

It's less of a rule, Seiken, and more of a Faith issue.

That said, using and abusing them for War isn't beyond us I'm sure.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Orthur wrote:It's less of a rule, Seiken, and more of a Faith issue.

That said, using and abusing them for War isn't beyond us I'm sure.

Seiken more or less commited Genocide against the Gurubashi, i doubt a few walking corpses would hinder his ethics.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:01 pm

I wasn't talking of Seiken personally, I was talking about Arathorians as a whole.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Yeh, he'd be pretty screwed if he made decisions which only caused the other Arathorians to turn on him. xD

Kaina's too dumb to care. As long as someone else makes the big decisions, she's happy banging away in the forge.

Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Ulfrik wrote:Well the response so far seems pretty positive so I've decided to develop the concept a little more, get my head straight on the history and where the guild might fit into the lore and into the Defias Community.

@Seiken

@Lexgrad

@Cyndryn/Eodain

Thanks all!

We (Stromgarde) have painted up, with stories and whatnot, a pretty valid background that stretch back to the first "deformed" vrykul who arrived on the eastern kingdoms to build tribes that would evolve through tons of years to the kingdoms we know of today.
And that all humans do spawn from vrykul in the long run is (I believe) aknowledge by most too. I'm sure by visiting Strom in your adventures you could ICly have alot of information of the human past revealed to you, the lore we've built is quite the enjoyable stories to hear.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thormag Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:10 pm

We Usually get refered to as "Arathorians".[/quote]

We usually refer to that as dwarves. VIKINGS!
Thormag
Thormag

Character sheet
Name: Thormag.
Title: The Countless Titled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down