Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(A) The Gathering

+12
Adry
Izzifix
siegmund
Anivitas
Eldiros
Krogon Devilstep
Allonia_Miral
Garrett
Tibbleston
Robin Drake
Officer High Morale
Death Eyes
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(A) The Gathering - Page 2 Empty Re: (A) The Gathering

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Your asking the same question and i'm answering like this. I don't have a Goal . My character will try and convince people to turn to Shadow yes but that's just what he wants to do what he feels he should do. I don't need to "Achieve" anything as long as i have fun RPing it.And a Goal is a flawed matter as RP is a constantly continuing story. Are you gonna become Maiev after you complete your goal? From what i read you seem to have lost track of the fact this is a system where you are meant to have fun not accomplish things. If i wanted to do that i can go do achievements.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet
Name: Yikag'sharath
Title: The Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Just going to give my two cents.

When it comes to traitors, rather then say "you will die if you betray us" try limit the knowledge that your new members actually have of the guild. And its going's on. I find that if you only let your higher ups really know the true extent of your plans/what's going on, you'll benefit greatly. It means when people betray you (Which does happen) They don't have as much info to give, traitor RP can be fun and interesting. No reason to shut it down with you'll die end of.

As for your base, this is just a personal quip, but rather then making a base and then getting into arguments, about if it was found legit, or meta or blah etc etc. Just don't have a base. Having a free moving and free flowing cult can be very fun. And means you have no "HQ" that can be shut down or rushed.

And last thing, I can only recommend, although of course it is but a recommendation, you don't play a character who is expected to have an extreme power advantage over others. The illusion of power is often far more enjoyable to RP with then power itself. If you do get into a fight, just do your best to get away from it. Rather then rofl stomping your opponent. Even consider taking damage to simply add an element of fun for the opposition. Ultimately you need it to be fun for both sides, which telling the other RPers you will die in X scenario and X scenario, won't really lead to.

Good luck mate.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:45 pm

Alright. Anvitias thanks for the opinion. I did already say I have no HQ Though. Still one thing your getting wrong is - i'm not saying "You will die in X and X Scenario " . But if you spy on us and get captured by your own choice. Do not expect us to let you go without a price.That's all i meant.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:04 pm

The idea of a non-guild group is a good one I belive so best do consider it as you said! Gryphonheart groups I heard can somewhat help with it, but I don't know much about that.

No point going too much into a longwided debate that happened, but just some sugestions or personal thoughts: If you use TRP keep your map tracker off, that way you can't track and others can't track you. Small guild ain't bad but one can have pawns too and people that become influenced by another way of thinking, secret gatherings and stuff of "faithful" or whatever else and have more promosing non core spread religion! Don't forget non-lock/Dk classes are just as good even more subtle. Also i do agree a bit that OOC part could be put a bit lightly while still of course keeping up with what you want to say. Do feel it's sometimes the same with some people who have various "I don't do X and Y" and so on in their TRP, etiquette and such is good to have but perhaps not always good to put bluntly in some places as you'll get reactions in the same tone back. Can be serious and friendly and still crack a joke! Plus in a way it's easier to manipulate people who like you on a IC and OOC level after all. Or in a less sinister way easier to avoid conflict and keeping everyone happy.

Sure though some of these might have already came on your mind, either way good luck.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Death Eyes wrote:Your asking the same question and i'm answering like this. I don't have a Goal . My character will try and convince people to turn to Shadow yes but that's just what he wants to do what he feels he should do. I don't need to "Achieve" anything as long as i have fun RPing it.And a Goal is a flawed matter as RP is a constantly continuing story. Are you gonna become Maiev after you complete your goal? From what i read you seem to have lost track of the fact this is a system where you are meant to have fun not accomplish things. If i wanted to do that i can go do achievements.

If you do not want to achieve anything so big, or atleast don't have a goal you intend to reach, then don't expect any outcomes.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:13 pm

siegmund wrote:Gryphonheart groups
Useful, and very simple. Few people seem to have taken it into use.

Also a big +1 for not biting on Officer's goal-mongering. Your thoughts on that matter are the way to go, if we're to avoid too much serverlore. And avoiding too much serverlore, again, is good.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:15 pm

Officer High Morale wrote:
If you do not want to achieve anything so big, or atleast don't have a goal you intend to reach, then don't expect any outcomes.

Strictly speaking, no roleplaying efforts can, in any significant way, have any impact on the game. Actual lore-development is Blizzard's job.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:15 pm

Dwyburn wrote:
siegmund wrote:Gryphonheart groups
Useful, and very simple. Few people seem to have taken it into use.

Also a big +1 for not biting on Officer's goal-mongering. Your thoughts on that matter are the way to go, if we're to avoid too much serverlore. And avoiding too much serverlore, again, is good.

Thing is, I just don't believe a big cult guild is needed if there is no big goal. Surely there will and are new goals and aims that appear during the time you run the guild. Things will change, things will fade and things will appear, but if there is no big goal, other than trying to get some people to turn into the shadow, then I just can't see the point in making a guild for it.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:18 pm

9/10 times IRL when a cult has a goal, it's just a ruse to convince the sheep (the members) to follow their oh glorious leader. A goal isn't a necessity at all.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:23 pm

You have me confused greatly Morale..That's why i'll just end this debate here because we could simply go at this forever. All i want from this guild is to create a story about a Cult that tries to find it's own way in the RP World. I do not expect any outcome's.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:25 pm

Death Eyes wrote:You have me confused greatly Morale..That's why i'll just end this debate here because we could simply go at this forever. All i want from this guild is to create a story about a Cult that tries to find it's own way in the RP World. I do not expect any outcome's.

Then have a go at it. And to be fair, I will admit I got a bit lost there in my talking, I might have got too much attached on my first opinion which I came to regret later on. That being said, I wanna see how your guild goes on from now.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:27 pm

Alright Thank you for the talk either way. One last question that doesn't really have anything to do with the Guild but i just stumbled on it. Do Shadow Illusions work in WoW Lore?
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Shadow magic isn't like arcane, it doesn't conjure tangible things (for the most part(and it isn't strictly "magic" either, but that's a whole other can of worms!)), instead if manipulates and fools the mind. A "shadow illusion" will be using shadow magic to make someone hallucinate something.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:31 pm

Alright thanks for clearing that up got confused after seeing Mirror illusion in Warcraft 3
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tibbleston Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Was just gonna say, you could just join The Slaughtered Lamb if your goal is secrecy and to 'convert' the people to shadow magic. It's a guild already in place and is quite successful at it. You may not be a major character immediately, but OOC power shouldn't matter, so long as you can affect the guild ICly.
Tibbleston
Tibbleston

Character sheet
Name: Tibble Tibbleston Tibbles
Title: High Tinkmaster of Mechacorp

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:43 pm

The thing about that is my character doesn't feel like can be ordered by anyone so if The Lamb is a normal type cult with high and low ups he will not fit in
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Secran Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Long discussion, many good points on multiple parts. I love cult guilds tbh.. I'll share my idea of running a cult guild (how I would do it and why)

*recruiting would be done secretly icly (fairly obvious) The IC recruitments will barely mention cultist activities, for trust reasons. Based on the ic recruitment ill decide if the recruit will go to the next step.

*proof your loyalty by doing an activity that would be impossible for a guard or SW agent to execute, because they would have to break the law. IE murder.. kidnapping..etc

*dont have a standard hub. Switch around places for cult meetings

*obviously, use aliases/nicknames and be cloaked. To prevent recognition..

*use shadowmagic IC to prevent members from talking about it outside of meetings or w/e. If they DO talk, they lose their tongue or something.

Definitely not fool proof, but covering alot of aspects. Its alot of effort, but isnt it worth it?

Secran
Secran

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Thanks for the opinion Secran I will rip off the "Do not betray us " from The cult of the damned though.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Anyway! Feel free to poke your head inside the sewers of stormwind as Ariel resides in there. Don't expect a warm welcome from the Queen of Fear™ as she is a bit on edge these days. Just poke Arìel or Thórvald, or even Ploppy if I'm on him.

As for the "If you spy on us, expect punishment." I understand it completely and people should be punished if they are being in the "My character is special, she/he won't die" mood. Perhaps not with death, I prefer to go with pain and then memory wipe as it is more accepted and easily done. Remember! Pain first, then memory wipe. Not the other way around as that tends to lead people on a crusade for vengeance and to learn about their lost memories.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Diederich Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:03 pm

Bit of a daft name considering till around a year ago the Cult of Shadow was a prominent organisation from the Horde side.
Diederich
Diederich

Character sheet
Name: Diederich Roland Northcliffe
Title: Shadow Priest

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:35 pm

The Actual Name wont appear IC in game it will only be refered as the group or the gathering .Even among the members also i found an addition to the Guild ideas on gatherings of Cult members everyone will wear masks and use specially made items to confirm their identity
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Diederich Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Still, it's lame to walk about with the guild tag of a well-known RP guild, even if you won't call it that IC. Seems stupid guilds that have an entirely unrelated guild tag to their actual name, anyway. Do it properly, especially if it's a new guild.
Diederich
Diederich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:23 pm

I would like to just point out that most names always are and will be rip off's.And just to clear up the name thing no actual guild will be created so It's not like I'm stealing reputation from the Original Cult of Shadow.The Cult will be an interguild group with a channel of their own to discuss various issues. I think it is the best option as people who already are members of our guilds can also join the Group

Last edited by Death Eyes on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Diederich Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Really? What ones?
Diederich
Diederich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Like what ones ? Well from what I see your original "Cult of Shadow" seems to be fairly similar to The Cult of Forgotten Shadow which is a belief system shared by many Forsaken in Lore. Now try to tell me your guild isn't based on the actual thing.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next