Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gathering of Chieftains

+5
Galdrek
Morinth
Cid
Rasonal Dranger
Morgeth
9 posters

Go down

A Gathering of Chieftains Empty A Gathering of Chieftains

Post by Morgeth Sat May 07, 2011 6:30 am

Basic idea
A re-occuring event where the leaders of the guilds alligned to the Horde ideal meet to discuss plans regarding war, diplomatic ventures, equipment, the weather, and so forth. It is a bit council-ish, but decisions are made in regards to the guilds we belong to, not the Horde as a whole. I understand that this excludes some of the random RP'ers who aren't in an RP guild, but for now, I have no solution for that.

Who are the "chieftains"?
This I am pondering the most. At first I was considering the option of only having the Horde guilds of Kalimdor (Blackblood clan, Orcs of the Red blade, Dakspear Tribe, Warsong blades and Rites of the Earth mother), and that elven and forsaken guilds would (together with the Gurubashi) be allowed to send ambassadors to the meetings, should they wish to.

Meetings will be overseen by a somewhat neutral party (I was thinking about using my shaman for this the first times) who'll only be there to relay what's supposed to be adressed during the current meeting. This to make things go faster, and make it easier to keep a clear overview of what's going to be said.

Why?
Because I think it's good to promote RP, and I think that it could service for an interesting foundation of trust between the guilds, or distrust. It might opt for some co-operation and perhaps be a step from our usual "panic war meetings" ;] I don't expect people to go whoo-whaa at the prospect of getting to do some political RP or whatever, because it can get pretty boring, pretty fast. My hope is instead that it'll serve as an inspiration for events to take place, and not just tedious, lengthy talks which result in that we start writing angry IC letters to each other.

When?
Twice a month seems reasonable. Frequent enough for a sense of consistancy, but not so often that there'll be nothing new at all to discuss.

This is all horribly basic right now, I know. I don't really want to fuss over details, and I realise that it's not really "THE ORC WAYZ" to keep councils or whatever, but I do think (and hope) that perhaps this could be a kind of way for the different guilds to connect, and involve each other in each other's events.

I am going to send out in-game letters, since some Horde aren't that active in these forums, and when the time is right, I'll announce the event on these forums and make the proper invites IC as well.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

A Gathering of Chieftains Empty Re: A Gathering of Chieftains

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sat May 07, 2011 8:31 am

Sounds like a start of a good idea, I am pretty sure the Cult will gladly send an ambassador to such gatherings Wink

In regarding to guildless Horde: Maybe they can attend as observers, so they can watch the meeting, voice their opinion if they are allowed to, but not vote or anything like that.
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat May 07, 2011 8:32 am

Invite that Horde-band to play during the breaks or so at your meeting.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat May 07, 2011 8:33 am

What about the REAL rulers of Kalimdor? We all know the pirates are pullin' the anchor chains, eh?

Ahem. This could be interesting to spy on...
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Galdrek Sat May 07, 2011 9:40 am

Think this is something along the lines of what Katalmach was trying to set up with the Orc Guilds here, The Blades will be there for sure!
Galdrek
Galdrek

Character sheet
Name: Galdrek Ashenscar
Title: Reaver of The Warsong Battleguard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Sat May 07, 2011 10:11 am

Morinth wrote:What about the REAL rulers of Kalimdor?

I'm sorry but I don't think there will be much interest from the kaldorei to join. Wink
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet
Name: Khalida Frostfeather
Title: Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Sat May 07, 2011 10:14 am

Go back to your tree, you're not even attached to Kalimdor, you're just wannabe. x3

I'm sure Silvermoon would like to know what happens down there. I'll be sending my Warlock to the meetings.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat May 07, 2011 10:15 am

Frostfeather wrote:
Morinth wrote:What about the REAL rulers of Kalimdor?

I'm sorry but I don't think there will be much interest from the kaldorei to join. Wink

You mean those nelves we trashed in full RP gear whilst they were in pvp? \o/
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sun May 08, 2011 3:37 pm

I suppose with the low activity as it is, an initiative like this could help get the gears back into motion a little. Worth a shot at least, I'd say.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kormag Mon May 09, 2011 9:20 am

We had something much like this going on Scarshield Legion for years. Though it had its ups and downs and dramas, it certainly did provide a platform for guild relationships to develop with some complexity and a lot of RP developed out of it.

I think this idea has a lot of potential, and you can count WSB as being on board.

Kormag

Character sheet
Name: Katalmach Banefang
Title: Warlord of the Warsong Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down