Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first three members of the Council of Seven have been chosen!

+16
Sylvina
Dyrael/Alexandra
Vivienne Apperley
Gunnell
Shaelyssa
Muzjhath
Kristeas Sunbinder
Antistia
Saevir
Krogon Devilstep
Mallea/Trollmeat
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Sinnadrin
Koroko
Magaskawee/Anaei
Rhenchu
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The first three members of the Council of Seven have been chosen! - Page 2 Empty Re: The first three members of the Council of Seven have been chosen!

Post by Shaelyssa Tue May 18, 2010 4:28 pm

They're too busy running laps! >:( Haha, but seriously, I may consider applying for a spot in the future if there are any open once I get back.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

The first three members of the Council of Seven have been chosen! - Page 2 Empty Re: The first three members of the Council of Seven have been chosen!

Post by Antistia Tue May 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Cerr's actualy a forsaken at hard <3

And for those that don't know or didn't catch it, every organisation has one voice, so even if SB would outnumber the rest, we would still only be able to put out one voice, like we did during the last council.

Also, I'm curious if anyone will go for minister of trade and minister of magic, especialy magic, we have a serious lack of magisters Neutral where are all our blood mages?

There's indeed a serious lack of magisters..

Only magister/magistrix I know out of the top of my head is my own Cerr.. And she's foreign affairs Wink
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyrael/Alexandra Wed May 19, 2010 12:21 am

Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:
Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:I'm not in there. Win is not present.

Edit: Applying for minister of abscense.

Lame. Even I was there. I even tried out for the position of Minister of Culture and Knowledge, but...sadly, my face is not so well-known. *morose sigh*

Still, think of the children!

A lot of mistakes were made in that Council and Felinaa not being a Minister was one of them.
Also... It is very hard that a minister would be any other than a member of the Sin'Belore when Varanis decided that only the present could apply. Obviously there was a massive army of Sin'Belorians & Cia.
I rest my case.
Dyrael/Alexandra
Dyrael/Alexandra

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed May 19, 2010 12:36 am

Once more - This comes a massive shock to WHO?

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Wed May 19, 2010 1:14 am

Just as a short notice, I might be giving a helping hand in the council once I get re-activate my account, and if I'm not too busy with DoL
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed May 19, 2010 5:00 am

We is sorry we has one minister in the council ;_;
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed May 19, 2010 7:11 am

Elydrian/Mithailien wrote:
Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:
Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:I'm not in there. Win is not present.

Edit: Applying for minister of abscense.

Lame. Even I was there. I even tried out for the position of Minister of Culture and Knowledge, but...sadly, my face is not so well-known. *morose sigh*

Still, think of the children!

A lot of mistakes were made in that Council and Felinaa not being a Minister was one of them.
Also... It is very hard that a minister would be any other than a member of the Sin'Belore when Varanis decided that only the present could apply. Obviously there was a massive army of Sin'Belorians & Cia.
I rest my case.
If you not being Forgine Minister is a mistake, think again, atleast the orcs would not speak with you due to your guild. To Quote Koz from during the meeting "Sunfury Elite is a nono". People from your guild treating orcs like dirt is not really a good idea.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvina Wed May 19, 2010 7:23 am

Hmm since when has our guild treated orcs like dirt? There might be some individual cases but I have not heard that we as a guild have been told to treat orcs in any way different than others.
Sylvina
Sylvina

Character sheet
Name: Sylvina Fireheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed May 19, 2010 7:32 am

I don't think the treatment of certain races by certain guilds should be discussed here.
It should be possible to solver that icly, isn't it?

Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham wrote:Once more - This comes a massive shock to WHO?
I'm trying to figure out if you are using irony or not, my ears, they do nothing.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Wed May 19, 2010 7:45 am

I think this is a good initiative, don't get me wrong, but the term 'minister' imo makes little sense for blood elves.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed May 19, 2010 8:09 am

Maybe Governor or Magistrate, wowwiki doesn't say anything about the old Convocation of Silvermoon except that there were lords in it. Magistrate sounds abit more magic Razz
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Wed May 19, 2010 1:20 pm

I like Magistrate
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhenchu Wed May 19, 2010 2:15 pm

It has been hard to find proper titles for the members of the Council. Lord of War, would sound like a platform strategy game made in the year 2000. And Lord of Magic a follower to that game. There for Either Councilor or Minister would suit it. Maybe Magistrate, though it sounds more ''Magus'' stylish.
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet
Name: Rhenchu
Title: Brewmaster of Kalimdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Wed May 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Magistrate may sound like mage, but is a post as civil servant. (or used to be)

Last edited by Gnash on Wed May 19, 2010 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Magistrates as they are ingame are mostly the leaders of villages (for example a dwarven magistrate is the mayor of thelsamar). I'm not quite sure about Magistrate Barthilas (in Stratholme), as in how much power he held.

And considering the High Elves and Blood Elves have a lot of magic in their daily lives (with sometimes raising the rp discussion on what that means for the general magical capabilities outside the class bound ones) so I don't see that directly as a reason not to.
If one would consider it a problem, then we would have to ask the question if we are going to try to emulate the Convocation of Silvermoon. I wouldn't find it unrealistic to find out that you actualy had to be a mage to get into it in the old days.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Wed May 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Magistrates used to be in ancient times, leaders or officials
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 4:14 pm

I cannot really blame Sin Belore for being largest and most active Belf guild on horde side. Nor were the "ministers" chosen because of their guildtag but because those inviduals were the ones to step forward and choose to take that responsiblity as their own.

Regarding the "XXX of War/Trade/Magic/Leisure/Adult Entertaiment" title, could it not also be something elven like, if Sin Belore officers are called Sin Ashals why could not the ministers called "Sin Whatwethoughttobecool" something?

Or magistrate, tho Lord of War has good N.Cage wibes to it..

Edit: I meant, SB as Belf guild, largest, biggest, hardest..

Last edited by Lotheran/Armac on Wed May 19, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Wed May 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Lord chancellor of <Insert X job>
Lord councillor of <Insert X job>
Secretary of <Insert X job>

As for the Sin Belore having the largest potential of bringing up members of the council, wouldn't that just be logical? The Sin Belore draws from the largest amount of manpower amongst the Belves, and can easily spread the message amongst its (rather large) ranks, it's only logical that there'd be more people in the council with their tag under their name than say the Sunfury Elite, which is a smaller guild.

It's a matter of being able to reach persons, and SB with its size can reach a lot, but in voting matters they hold but a single vote in choosing members of the council.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhenchu Wed May 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Antistia wrote:Lord chancellor of <Insert X job>

As for the Sin Belore having the largest potential of bringing up members of the council, wouldn't that just be logical? The Sin Belore draws from the largest amount of manpower amongst the Belves, and can easily spread the message amongst its (rather large) ranks, it's only logical that there'd be more people in the council with their tag under their name than say the Sunfury Elite, which is a smaller guild.

It's a matter of being able to reach persons, and SB with its size can reach a lot, but in voting matters they hold but a single vote in choosing members of the council.

Bold Text Agreed.

Italic text Disagreed, Reason: The Sin Belore can not, just because they have most members, have most Councilors in the Council, there is a limit of two from each faction/guild/house in the Council, to ensure that Silvermoon wouldn't work under the one guild with most members, because they happen to be one of the first Blood elf only guilds formed for Rp still existing on the Realm.

Underline text half/half.
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Wed May 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Varanis wrote:
Antistia wrote:Lord chancellor of <Insert X job>

Bold Text Agreed.

Italic text Disagreed, Reason: The Sin Belore can not, just because they have most members, have most Councilors in the Council, there is a limit of two from each faction/guild/house in the Council, to ensure that Silvermoon wouldn't work under the one guild with most members, because they happen to be one of the first Blood elf only guilds formed for Rp still existing on the Realm.

Underline text half/half.

I think Antistia was just trying to explain that a large involvement in the council from the Sin Belore is simply due to their size rather than some sort of conspiracy to fill the council with their members.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Thu May 20, 2010 6:16 am

Saevir got my point quite well.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhenchu Thu May 20, 2010 7:42 am

Merely to explain to the others that, it wasn't the case Smile
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by avaiel Sat May 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:I read that the damn elves are founding democracies when they should be doing their hair!

Although grats to you three, a structured Government is nescessary it seems or chaos ensues.

I call for anarchy! Kill the pesky government officials
avaiel
avaiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sat May 22, 2010 8:34 pm

Varanis wrote:The Sin Belore can not, just because they have most members, have most Councilors in the Council, there is a limit of two from each faction/guild/house in the Council, to ensure that Silvermoon wouldn't work under the one guild with most members, because they happen to be one of the first Blood elf only guilds formed for Rp still existing on the Realm

I wish certain other player-made councils followed this reasoning. It's a good rule to have.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Sat May 22, 2010 8:50 pm

I could be a councillor.

FREE BEER FOR ALL!
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2